NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:32 am

Post by geists »

In post 2074, Stuffed Crust wrote:hey fferyisha, why don't you sort us yourself instead of leaving it to GIF?
I
have
sorted you. However, if GiF decides this is scum-varsoon, I'll pay attention.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 40
Stuffed Crust (4)
-
KoreanBBQ, Sakura Hana, DOMO, Desperado

Casso the King of Seals (3)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, pieguyn

pieguyn (3)
-
Casso the King of Seals, MC Maraca, Ser Arthur Dayne

geists (1)
-
Generic

roflcopter (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

DOMO (1)
-
BROseidon

KoreanBBQ (1)
-
roflcopter

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Not Voting (5)
-
Brian Skies, Tammy, geists, MafiaSSK, Cephrir

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Casso the King of Seals is V/LA until the 22nd.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 2075, geists wrote:
In post 2074, Stuffed Crust wrote:hey fferyisha, why don't you sort us yourself instead of leaving it to GIF?
I
have
so where are we with you? and GiF is voting us for reasons unknown; does that affect your read?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:56 am

Post by geists »

Pretty sure that's a Nero vote.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:58 am

Post by geists »

And no, unless GiF tells me he's seeing scum-Varsoon and explains why, the KoreanBBQ vote doesn't affect my read.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:10 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 2058, MC Maraca wrote:I would be scum if I insta-towned myself.

and we aren't ever gonna be lynched ever so... not worried much about my play

and tammy hasn't done shit so far and, meta aside she hasn't done anything I would expect town to do

and this game isn't that hard to catch up on, so I dunno why everyone is complaining about it

last I recalled, you like to refer to past behavior if you can and that's meta.
Pretty sure I told you days ago to stop talking to or about me.

You obviously know shit about me so just shut the fuck up.

Anyone who has a tiny clue about me knows I'm pretty damn busy right now so that's one major thing, and this game is nothing but bloat which I haven't read half of and don't plan to. You all post too much and make too much noise, and I want to scratch my eyes out every time I see a post from you. I would have replaced out days ago except its empires game and he's already having trouble finding a replacement and I'm not going to do that to him. You don't like the results of a situation you caused on purpose? Well then don't be a royal jackass. The only thing I know now is not to sign up for games with you in them. I'll get to this game when I have the time and the motivation to do so,

So you can shut the fuck up about it, or you can get everyone to lynch me so I can be let out of this game. Either one is fine, the latter is probably most preferable.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1765, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1758, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ Maraca, in hindsight I don't like your push on Tammy. You are presenting the goal as pro-town (Tammy looks obvtown after your push). But Tammy looks obvtown in many games even when not accused of being scum. The only thing your push did was discourage a competent town player from posting much which subtly eliminates a threat without having to nightkill her just by breaking her. Tammy is right that her FOS on you would likely be taken less seriously because you upset her and you come out looking good from the exchange for having done this "pro-town" thing of making Tammy look obvtown. Your push looks like it served a scum wincon much more than a town one. I miss Tammy's contributions to the game (she is the only one I have a mutual townread on so probably the only one I can work with at this point) and I am not happy with it. Your read on Rofl makes no sense. How does Rofl look town?
I seriously doubt their intentions were this nefarious even if they're scum.

I don't agree. I think it was.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 2014, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1999, Tammy wrote:
In post 1883, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Tammy is highly town too unless she started being able to imitate her town aggressiveness? Idk someone who recently played with her can link me to something like that.
If you feel even slightly unsure about me why don't you address me directly?
I'm not? I said UNLESS people can link me to a game where she was scum and imitated her to town game this good (because I haven't played with you in a good while?). Also no offense but if you were scum I think I'd rather someone else link me than you saying you can't imitate your town game this good :P
I didn't mean ask me directly if I could imitate my town game. It's just the last game we played together (the slow game, I think) you suspected me for telling too many jokes and faking being happy or something for drawing town. Even though regfan was like she's dripping obvious town for that happiness, you still didn't buy it until I wrote a wall rant. But I guess then you didn't try to push me directly either and that's one of the things I suspected you for. So, not sure where I'm going with that but, just woke up. Need to head to work, maybe I'll figure it out.
Arthur wrote:
In post 1999, Tammy wrote:(Also if you're going to hang out at the gold saucer, could you get an avatar that is more pleasing to me?)
I'm trying to find my Cait Sith picture >_>
TICK TOCK ARTHUR
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:31 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 2003, pieguyn wrote:
In post 2000, Tammy wrote:roflcopter was probstown.
can you talk to me about this plz

It's a gut read. Rofl doesn't like hydras, so his complaints are expected. The only thing is that he also doesn't like playing scum, but iirc he replaced out of mastin's? Game for too much noise. Don't quote me on that I only very loosely followed that game, and he replaced out of empires last game because of a hydra being in it.

Anyway, rofl's pretty aggressive either alignment but the couple times I've seen him as scum, he's come across weirdly aggressive. I liked what he did post at a gut level.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 am

Post by geists »

In post 2083, Tammy wrote:
In post 2003, pieguyn wrote:
In post 2000, Tammy wrote:roflcopter was probstown.
can you talk to me about this plz

It's a gut read. Rofl doesn't like hydras, so his complaints are expected. The only thing is that he also doesn't like playing scum, but iirc he replaced out of mastin's? Game for too much noise. Don't quote me on that I only very loosely followed that game, and he replaced out of empires last game because of a hydra being in it.

Anyway, rofl's pretty aggressive either alignment but the couple times I've seen him as scum, he's come across weirdly aggressive. I liked what he did post at a gut level.
This makes some sense, and kinda explains the differences between what I saw of him in this game and the only other game I played with him. I was wondering if having the role he did (a cop in a dethy within the larger game) kept him engaged despite the huge thread issue, and maybe the hydra issue, too. Syr and I played as Rift Adrift in that game.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 2077, Stuffed Crust wrote:
In post 2075, geists wrote:
I
have
so where are we with you? and GiF is voting us for reasons unknown; does that affect your read?
Took your first few intro as a scumclaim. That's as far as I glanced in this game.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 2012, geists wrote:
In post 1999, Tammy wrote:Geists - Assertive is not a town tell for Arthur. I *kinda* like his posting so far, but we'll see.
Noted. This was a Nati read, and I doubt I conveyed the nuance very well. Nati thought the entrance was strong. I've liked his posts since entrance but will have to meta him to get much of a personal read. iirc we've played one game together, but hardly had any contiguous time in the game because I died shortly after he replaced in.
He'll be a bit difficult to meta. He hasn't played in a while and last time we played he was undergoing a playstyle shift, and it looks from here like he's keeping with the last playstyle he started experimenting with. I have goodish feelings for him right now, and I'm pretty sure the last time he was scum we were partners, so hopefully I'll be able to shore up that read soon, depending on how much he posts which I think he said might not be that much right now.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Hey-hey,
The Varsoon head of this awesome hydra is on V/LA until JANUARY 25th

I'm visiting my family for the holiday break. All I have is my laptop and other people's computers, but I'll be spending a lot of time away from the computer because of friends and family. I love you guys, and would love to keep up step-for-step as I have been doing.
I'll check in as much as I can, and some nights I will be very active, but don't expect the same levels of activity as normal.

<3

-V
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Tammy »

Actually

VOTE: mc maraca[/quote]
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Tammy »

VOTE: mc maraca
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Generic »

You are that sure they are scum tammy?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:39 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

VOTE: MC Maraca

Following Tammy's vote. I don't like any of the leading wagons, this one is much better. I think Stuffed and Pie are town.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Generic »

I agree with you on stuffed, the way he treated me over my misrep was pretty townie. If you catch sc by bad logic the reaction is usually different.

Pieguyn... Meh. Still trying to suss him out. His outbursts are interesting but I am trying to determine the reason behind it (see stuffed crust read above).
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Generic »

Geists. What is your current read on mcmaraca?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:46 am

Post by geists »

In post 2093, Generic wrote:Geists. What is your current read on mcmaraca?
Still leaning town.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 1938, pieguyn wrote:I love how when it looks like a wagon on me might start up you find some reason for accusing me. seriously, you're accusing me bc of smth I didn't do bc I didn't do it, and ignoring everything I have done besides the SC vote. essentially, you're just taking reasons at your own convenience, rather than trying to determine my alignment. this doesn't seem legitimate
It pinged me that you were following the stuffed crust wagon which I generally feel is a horrible wagon, and you not talking to me about muffin was also pretty strange, considering I had a ~secret~ scumread on him that I thought you would be interested in buying if town. I know Muffin p much owned you in Touhou and I'm expecting you to be ready to get him back, so I'm watching your interactions with him; you not even giving me the time of day was a misstep. I'll note that I didn't even come close to voting you, was just poking at you a bit: why did you feel that I wasn't trying to sort you?
In post 1960, pieguyn wrote:did you miss the part where I confidently placed goodmorning in my townpile despite how everyone had scumreads on her? and then backed up said townread when questioned about it?
I thought your townread on goodmorning was still pretty weird.
In post 1988, Generic wrote:Why the hell call it something so ambiguous?
Why does it matter what you label your categories? Intent is clear in all cases.
In post 1993, zMuffinMan wrote:i've never seen nacho use meta as a primary means for reading me, not to mention how horribly half-assed that meta read on me is - granted i don't have much content yet to go on, but this just felt like him trying to push the idea that i'm not playing to some concept of my town meta he apparently has and calling me scum without properly analysing. and thor's read on me in 1780 just completely ignored nacho's analysis, which makes me go, "wtf?" the other reads i've seen from them haven't been any more impressive
In the past, my primary means of reading you have been to call you obvtown when you've gotten ridiculously obvtown or generally expect you to get nightkilled (or be scum). We've gotten so wonderfully close that I have a bit of a different perspective on your play, so naturally the way that I approach you is going to change significantly. Why didn't you expect that? And sorry, what kind of read on you did you expect other than a half-assed meta read based on your posts so far?
In post 2033, pieguyn wrote:if you're town this is the most bullshit thing I've ever seen bc you're not giving me anything to work with to help you fix your read on me. if you're scum, on the other hand, how fucking convenient. you can just sit there and not have to take responsibility for anything when I flip town
You'll find this is Thor's usual game and it is a large part of the reason of why he is more likely to succeed as scum.
In post 2041, pieguyn wrote:second, if you actually believed this, then you should, to some extent, get my reason for "not asking you about your zmuffin read". but you try to pass it off as scummy. why? bc it's convenient for your "case" on me. there are several instances of choices players can make and actions they can choose to do or not do, so why all of a sudden is this specific one scummy? I don't see you asking anyone at all about their pie townreads. by your own logic, isn't this scummy too? what's the difference?
This was explained more thoroughly earlier, but some interactions are more interesting than others. Pie-Sakura is more interesting than Pie-SSK, for example. Pie-Muffin is one of those interesting ones, I added a nice component to the interaction, my addition went ignored and I wondered why.
In post 2048, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I hoped that doing something like this would help me quell my paranoia of Nacho and allow us to work together but I am not blown away yet and feel now that it was probably a suboptimal move.
You can attack me and it won't break my heart, you know. Just don't kill me as scum or no respect for you.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Empire »

Prodding MafiaSSK.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Generic »

In post 2095, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1938, pieguyn wrote:I love how when it looks like a wagon on me might start up you find some reason for accusing me. seriously, you're accusing me bc of smth I didn't do bc I didn't do it, and ignoring everything I have done besides the SC vote. essentially, you're just taking reasons at your own convenience, rather than trying to determine my alignment. this doesn't seem legitimate
It pinged me that you were following the stuffed crust wagon which I generally feel is a horrible wagon, and you not talking to me about muffin was also pretty strange, considering I had a ~secret~ scumread on him that I thought you would be interested in buying if town. I know Muffin p much owned you in Touhou and I'm expecting you to be ready to get him back, so I'm watching your interactions with him; you not even giving me the time of day was a misstep. I'll note that I didn't even come close to voting you, was just poking at you a bit: why did you feel that I wasn't trying to sort you?
In post 1960, pieguyn wrote:did you miss the part where I confidently placed goodmorning in my townpile despite how everyone had scumreads on her? and then backed up said townread when questioned about it?
I thought your townread on goodmorning was still pretty weird.
In post 1988, Generic wrote:Why the hell call it something so ambiguous?
Why does it matter what you label your categories? Intent is clear in all cases.
In post 1993, zMuffinMan wrote:i've never seen nacho use meta as a primary means for reading me, not to mention how horribly half-assed that meta read on me is - granted i don't have much content yet to go on, but this just felt like him trying to push the idea that i'm not playing to some concept of my town meta he apparently has and calling me scum without properly analysing. and thor's read on me in 1780 just completely ignored nacho's analysis, which makes me go, "wtf?" the other reads i've seen from them haven't been any more impressive
In the past, my primary means of reading you have been to call you obvtown when you've gotten ridiculously obvtown or generally expect you to get nightkilled (or be scum). We've gotten so wonderfully close that I have a bit of a different perspective on your play, so naturally the way that I approach you is going to change significantly. Why didn't you expect that? And sorry, what kind of read on you did you expect other than a half-assed meta read based on your posts so far?
In post 2033, pieguyn wrote:if you're town this is the most bullshit thing I've ever seen bc you're not giving me anything to work with to help you fix your read on me. if you're scum, on the other hand, how fucking convenient. you can just sit there and not have to take responsibility for anything when I flip town
You'll find this is Thor's usual game and it is a large part of the reason of why he is more likely to succeed as scum.
In post 2041, pieguyn wrote:second, if you actually believed this, then you should, to some extent, get my reason for "not asking you about your zmuffin read". but you try to pass it off as scummy. why? bc it's convenient for your "case" on me. there are several instances of choices players can make and actions they can choose to do or not do, so why all of a sudden is this specific one scummy? I don't see you asking anyone at all about their pie townreads. by your own logic, isn't this scummy too? what's the difference?
This was explained more thoroughly earlier, but some interactions are more interesting than others. Pie-Sakura is more interesting than Pie-SSK, for example. Pie-Muffin is one of those interesting ones, I added a nice component to the interaction, my addition went ignored and I wondered why.
In post 2048, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I hoped that doing something like this would help me quell my paranoia of Nacho and allow us to work together but I am not blown away yet and feel now that it was probably a suboptimal move.
You can attack me and it won't break my heart, you know.
Just don't kill me as scum or no respect for you.
Care to explain the last sentence there?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:57 am

Post by geists »

VOTE: Cephrir
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:57 am

Post by Generic »

Oh and
unvote

Geists is standing firm which has earned him some respite.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”