NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by Tammy »

Also, I have no reads. I'm legit at 45 pages in with no reads. I probably don't want to make enemies or some shit like that but I have absolutely no reads.

I like the spirit of the stuffed crust hydra as varsoon amuses me. F-16 is my town party buddy. The chucklefuck hydra sucks and they can choke on some hemp rope or die in a fire whichever is good. The Nacho hydra is underwhelming. Like seriously. u.n.d.e.r.w.h.e.l.m.i.n.g. roflcopter was probstown. Still think DOMO is probs town.

And that's about it.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Post by Generic »

No opinion on me at all? How is that even possible?

And which is the chucklefuck hydra, mcmaraca or geists?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Post by Tammy »

moraca

i liked you last i read, but you and mara not sorting each other has me worried.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2000, Tammy wrote:roflcopter was probstown.
can you talk to me about this plz
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 2002, Tammy wrote:moraca

i liked you last i read, but you and mara not sorting each other has me worried.

You am notice I included them in my 'dog poop scum' comment, the same place I called you adorable.

Look for the compliments and you will find the reads. And besides, she is v/la and cabd is pretending to be her so I let them have their moment while I gently scumread them and look for the interactions with buddies... Geists being one.

I tell you now if geists flips scum mcmaraca is my tunnel of hate straight after. Even down to geists imposing themselves in the arguement with you.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:41 am

Post by geists »

Hey Generic I've seen you do this before, so I wanna nip it now.

Get out of your tunnel please.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:44 am

Post by Generic »

You worried nats?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:00 am

Post by geists »

Worry is not in my nature, Generic-sama.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:18 am

Post by geists »

In post 1976, MC Maraca wrote:That should be appended to "reasons for pie" because I'd like more than ~reasons~ and if ffery is obvtowning me she has plenty of ways to tell me whats up one to one in code of sorts.
Did I say enough yesterday (not just last night) for you to know where I am coming from on this?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:19 am

Post by geists »

In post 1980, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1975, pieguyn wrote:
@geists:
sry, forgot. can you also explain the Cephrir read?
Would you accept an answer from me? Because I can provide one.
I would like to see your answers.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 am

Post by geists »

In post 1993, zMuffinMan wrote:@nosfferati

ok. i'm actually kinda meh about my ability to read nacho, but the main reason i don't like them at the moment is that it feels a lot like they're coasting along and content with not creating any friction while doing not a lot of anything. kinda hypocritical coming from me given the start i've had this game, but meh, i'm still getting my bearings in this game.
This is actually IMO more typical of his town game than his scum game lately. I mean I can think back to the first game I played with him on MS and he just drifted along (especially on day 1) and let town start the self destruct process. But that was almost a year ago, and it was a very different player list.

Think about bork's Touhou game. Nacho basically played it by not being around. When he was around he didn't drift. He just wasn't around enough for town to expect him to get shit done.

Thor seems ready to pick a direction and start pushing, which is very Thor no matter what his alignment. Nacho looks like he's still trying to figure shit out so he knows what direction to pick. I can relate, because that's where I'm at. I have a scumpile but I'm not very happy with it.
i also don't like the way they're forming their reads. it doesn't look like what i'd expect from them as town. e.g. i'm not really sure what's going on with their read on me. i've never seen nacho use meta as a primary means for reading me, not to mention how horribly half-assed that meta read on me is - granted i don't have much content yet to go on, but this just felt like him trying to push the idea that i'm not playing to some concept of my town meta he apparently has and calling me scum without properly analysing. and thor's read on me in just completely ignored nacho's analysis, which makes me go, "wtf?" the other reads i've seen from them haven't been any more impressive
I feel like Nacho thinks I should be seeing something really alarming meta-wise in your play, and I'm just not. The thing that worries me is how uninvolved you are, which I don't associate with your scum game at all.
btw, if you're having trouble sorting me, why not, you know, ask me stuff?
I can't remember if I said this last night, but a 10 inch screen, undersized keyboard, and pig-slow processor has been a huge disincentive to get into huge back-and-forths. I made the effort with Nacho because sorting him always helps me bring the rest of the game into focus and because he was making even less palatable effort replying to me on an iPad.

Later today I should be back up to speed and yelling about how horrible Win8 is.

Where do your reads differ from mine?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:39 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

@ ffery and Nat, the vast majority of your reads have no reasons attached to them. The "text" beside the read is merely a statement of how strong it is, whose read it is, and how it developed. I was expecting an actual reads list with your reasons for those reads. Elaborate on
why
you have the reads you do would be much appreciated.
In post 1966, geists wrote:THIS IS NOT A SERIATIM LIST

Town

1. Tammy - p much strongest town read.
Why?
In post 1966, geists wrote:4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) - lots of footnotes but we're here for now. Would like to hear what the point of the crumb gambit was.
Why town? This is where I disagree the strongest. I am unable to see the town motivation in their posting and Cabd gambits usually have an extremely pro-town motivation if he is town. I assume those footnotes will be revealed later.
In post 1966, geists wrote:5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Nati feels stronger about this read than ffery does, but both are pretty comfortable at this point.
I want to hear both of your reasons for this as well, especially Nat's.
In post 1966, geists wrote:9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - unless GiF says otherwise.
I agree but why? I can understand the appeal to GIF though since he can apparently read Varsoon very well.
In post 1966, geists wrote:13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - this read could go stale fast, though. Right now, they're almost on a par with Tammy as far as ffery is concerned.
Why?
In post 1966, geists wrote:18. DOMO - for ffery this read weakened a little. Listening to Mara for now.
What was the reason for the initial read and why did it weaken now? I had the opposite reaction. I was unsure of his initial posts but I am leaning more towards him being town now.
In post 1966, geists wrote:
Maybe Town

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - both of us are happier with Nacho's posts over the last couple of days, particularly the strong flashes of sincerity. But, as ffery mentioned in an earlier post many of the subjects where sincerity shined through are alignment neutral. ffery maintains some caution.
Okay.
In post 1966, geists wrote:7. Ser Arthur Dayne
pitoli
- we had pitoli in scumpile, but replace-out moves her/SAD up considerably. We really liked his opening. Should probably move him to top tier, but ffery wants more data first.
What about his opening did you like? I played with Arthur before and hydra'd with him once as town in Black Flag Nightless (although that was a really long time ago) and I didn't find his opening similar but it is likely he has a variety of openings as town. I am null on him right now.
In post 1966, geists wrote:11. BROseidon - we can see town and scum motivations for going along with the gambit, and feel like he's coasting a bit on the perceived boost in townread
Okay.
In post 1966, geists wrote:14. goodmorning - somebody else sort her please :/
:neutral:
In post 1966, geists wrote:15. Sakura Hana - could see a scum team with Sakura and pieguyn actually. Nati would move her to not so town.
How so? And this is something you plan to say later, is Sakura scummy by herself, and how?
In post 1966, geists wrote:19. Cephrir - both of us are seeing more scumrir flickers than cephtown flickers as the day has progressed. Would consider moving him down a grouping.
Can you link the posts that gave you a scumread? I was reading through Ceph-games earlier and want to see if it matches with my results.
Not so Town

6. Generic - engagement, comments on game state seem meh to me. Will go with what Nati thinks.
Okay.
In post 1966, geists wrote:10. pieguyn
SonOfZeus
- for ~reasons~. Want to see how this develops.
In post 1966, geists wrote:12. Brian Skies - almost in not enough data, but his edgy tone concerns me. I can see it coming from a town place, maybe, kinda, but not convinced.
In post 1966, geists wrote:20. Desperado - such a huge and intentional meta change feels town, but I dunno. ffery might go for the maybe town group based on the unabashed playstyle change-up. Nati believing des-posts for a second right now
Who would you lynch D1?
Null or Not enough data

REPLACEMENT
roflcopter
- ffery has one prior game, which was also fast moving. He was town. If he bitched about the thread speed and length, it certainly wasn't the bulk of his input.
In post 1966, geists wrote:17. zMuffinMan
talah
- This doesn't look like his town game so far. Also doesn't look at all like his replace-in scum game. Still evaluating.
These look fine.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 am

Post by geists »

In post 1999, Tammy wrote:Geists - Assertive is not a town tell for Arthur. I *kinda* like his posting so far, but we'll see.
Noted. This was a Nati read, and I doubt I conveyed the nuance very well. Nati thought the entrance was strong. I've liked his posts since entrance but will have to meta him to get much of a personal read. iirc we've played one game together, but hardly had any contiguous time in the game because I died shortly after he replaced in.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:50 am

Post by geists »

@F16 I'll tackle your questions later today. Words cannot convey how horrible it is to format nested quote stripes right now.

But, I feel like for the most part an iso/ctl-f will find some basis for our reads. The read that probably least documented is Ceph, because of when that read went south.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1999, Tammy wrote:
In post 1882, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:goodmorning is probably town.
Why is goodmorning the first person you iso'd?
Because he like... legit posted 3 minutes before? People only exists to me in this game once they start posting after my replace in (unless I already know they really well?). Also I kinda liked that post so read his ISO and liked it on a gut level too.
In post 1999, Tammy wrote:
In post 1883, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Tammy is highly town too unless she started being able to imitate her town aggressiveness? Idk someone who recently played with her can link me to something like that.
If you feel even slightly unsure about me why don't you address me directly?
I'm not? I said UNLESS people can link me to a game where she was scum and imitated her to town game this good (because I haven't played with you in a good while?). Also no offense but if you were scum I think I'd rather someone else link me than you saying you can't imitate your town game this good :P
In post 1999, Tammy wrote:(Also if you're going to hang out at the gold saucer, could you get an avatar that is more pleasing to me?)
I'm trying to find my Cait Sith picture >_>
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:03 am

Why does Pie have like one of the most boringest reactions in the world.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:07 am

The fact that I still can't get a concrete read on him is already infuriating but there's the fact that he seems to hop from one target to the next forgetting EVERYTHING from the last, like restarting fresh every once in a while or something. Add that to a generic OMGUS :|
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:25 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

geists wrote:When he was around he didn't drift
eh, that's kinda what i remember him doing, actually
geists wrote:Where do your reads differ from mine?
i agree with the "town" reads, but i'm nowhere near as confident about some of them as you seem to be
i'm thinking casso, sakura and maybe goodmorning from your maybe town list could be scum
the only scum read you have that i agree with is brian
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:33 am

Post by Generic »

How is it OMGUS?

I love how you keep just tapping at people rather than actually going for a proper punch Arthur.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:10 am

In post 2018, Generic wrote:How is it OMGUS?

I love how you keep just tapping at people rather than actually going for a proper punch Arthur.
I have a feeling like you think I'm talking about you when I used generic when I actually mean the regular definition of it...
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2009, geists wrote:
In post 1980, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1975, pieguyn wrote:
@geists:
sry, forgot. can you also explain the Cephrir read?
Would you accept an answer from me? Because I can provide one.
I would like to see your answers.
I was expecting "Ceph is being confident and aggressive and meta meta blah blah".
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:33 am

Post by geists »

In post 2017, zMuffinMan wrote:
geists wrote:When he was around he didn't drift
eh, that's kinda what i remember him doing, actually
From my perspective it just looked like he was never around and never caught up in that game.
geists wrote:Where do your reads differ from mine?
i agree with the "town" reads, but i'm nowhere near as confident about some of them as you seem to be
i'm thinking casso, sakura and maybe goodmorning from your maybe town list could be scum
the only scum read you have that i agree with is brian
So, you're thinking town-Desp and town-Pieguy? Or are they null atm?

I think my middle and bottom tiers are going to be pretty fluid for a while.

What is it about Brian that makes you think scum? This is not so much like his Cash Cabd game.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:26 am

Post by DOMO »

This is where I complain about how many pages and promise to catch up tomorrow.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 2010, geists wrote:Thor seems ready to pick a direction and start pushing, which is very Thor no matter what his alignment. Nacho looks like he's still trying to figure shit out so he knows what direction to pick. I can relate, because that's where I'm at. I have a scumpile but I'm not very happy with it.
You should see our ruddy QT of me saying 'let's lynch this' and him going 'nah' and then both of us demand to know 'why?' for the other one and the basic answer is 'because' from each side.

It's kinda bewildering. I think I'm just starting to call EVERYONE scum just so Nach can hopefully find one he agrees with enough to let me demand lynching of.

In other news;

@Mod - v/la for this week until sometime on the 21st. Let's call it all of the 21st too just in case I am wasted and tired and don't feel like posting, but I'm guessing I'll be back the 21st. Still, v/la for 16-22 for safety's sake.

Also, depending on internet access, it may not even be that...but, y'know, if it *is* then I won't be able to tell you any different unless I do so now.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

Oh, and don't think I didn't see all the "Thor is full of himself = teh scumz' cases from 120920 pages ago.

Allow me to just laugh in your general direction for even managing to write that with a straight face, because., y'know, when Thor is town he's the humblest lad in the land, natch!
Also, on top of that, what I said wasn't even full of myself. I'm dealing with a player who apparently can't fake emotion - how many of you want to admit that you can't fake emotion when scum? If you're answering yes then I am a special and unique snowflake, and if you answer no then you should be agreeing with me how odd it is that she apparently is.

Who's th ebiggest wagon right now, I'm going to be tempted to vote them just for lulz at this stage...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”