NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 33
DOMO (6)
-
BROseidon, Desperado, Sakura Hana, Stuffed Crust, Generic, pieguyn

KoreanBBQ (3)
-
MafiaSSK, Casso the King of Seals, roflcopter

Stuffed Crust (3)
-
Cephrir, KoreanBBQ, DOMO

roflcopter (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

MC Maraca (1)
-
pitoli

Generic (1)
-
goodmorning

Not Voting (5)
-
zMuffinMan, MC Maraca, Brian Skies, Tammy, geists

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Ms Marangal head of MC Maraca is V/LA for a week. Sakura Hana is V/LA until Monday.
Last edited by Empire on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

I know that your buddies have tried to quell the wagon without making it look like they're white-knighting you, but this train's got no brakes, Domo.

Your biggest mistake was swapping your vote to the perceived threat of Desperado, when I was the one who was really pushing your wagon.
Your voteswap back to me mirrors a lack of wanting to find scum. You've changed to self-survival mode. Why would you care about your own survival, Domo?

Explain your vote on me, again?

P-EDIT: Delicious shit-stained fear.

-V
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:38 am

Post by geists »

In post 1494, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1491, geists wrote:
In post 1442, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I am poking around because your case and Nacho's responses are so vague it is taking me a while to understand it and verify its accuracy. I can see the motivation for making a case vague as you explained in your Power of Labels thread. I understand that part of it is a deliberate attempt to obfuscate what you are saying but you are doing it too well. Your current case crosses the boundary into being mostly incomprehensible to me. As you said in the same thread, letting someone get away with being so vague can be dangerous. I am trying to get as close as I can so I can reverse-engineer what you are talking about without actually asking you to reveal anything that you don't want to reveal. I am sorry for crossing the line accidentally, but I am putting in quite of bit of care to not do it.
What's your working hypothesis, then, regarding our alignments?
I had you as town for the initial push on Nacho. I started to have reservations as time went by and you didn't continue the push or attempt to persuade others to vote your way. I think considering the playerlist, you would definitely have the pull to make a lynch of your choice happen so the lack of it worried me but that could also be explained by Nacho not posting in the thread since then. Your subsequent case and push makes me pretty certain that you are town. I have enough doubt about King Casso that I am wondering whether I ended up making a deal with the devil. I think regardless of whether I am convinced by your case, I am leaning towards sheeping you just based on your reputation because I find it hard to believe that you would be wrong. Is that something that you find desirable? How certain are you?

So, you and Tammy town. Everybody else is in the "yet to be sorted" pile. Same reads as a while ago but I am far more certain in these reads right now.
You didn't comment on my unvote this time.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:39 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I didn't. I didn't find it unusual for you to unvote on a suspect to give them more breathing room.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:39 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1501, Stuffed Crust wrote:I know that your buddies have tried to quell the wagon without making it look like they're white-knighting you, but this train's got no brakes, Domo.
So confident.
In post 1501, Stuffed Crust wrote:Your biggest mistake was swapping your vote to the perceived threat of Desperado, when I was the one who was really pushing your wagon.
I haven't made any mistakes yet, because town don't make mistakes until they mislynch.
In post 1501, Stuffed Crust wrote:Your voteswap back to me mirrors a lack of wanting to find scum. You've changed to self-survival mode. Why would you care about your own survival, Domo?
I've found scum.
In post 1501, Stuffed Crust wrote:Explain your vote on me, again?
I think you're scum.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 am

Post by geists »

In post 1503, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I didn't. I didn't find it unusual for you to unvote on a suspect to give them more breathing room.
The last thing scum-Nacho needs is breathing room.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:41 am

Why the unvote then?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:42 am

Post by geists »

Also, is it common for you to be 60 pages into a day 1 with only two townreads?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:42 am

No. This is probably the first time. I'd usually have an extensive list of reads.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

You'll find that I'm unwavering, DOMO.

I'm also town, so voting me and pushing my wagon is a mistake. ;D

-V
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:44 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1508, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:No. This is probably the first time. I'd usually have an extensive list of reads.
This is both alarming and comforting. This was an instant response, would scum not consider more carefully how to respond here?
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

I can understand the desire to pressure me and garner alignment-based tells while I'm under pressure (what I assume the Desperado vote on me was for [if you somehow flip town, I'll be tying a noose for Desp next]).

However, legitimately thinking I'm scum and voting me due to that?

It's a waste of time and effort if you're town. If you're scum, it makes plenty'o'sense.

-V
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:48 am

Post by geists »

In post 1506, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Why the unvote then?
Because I was seeing all sorts of flashes of sincerity in his replies and have a strong sense that he was meeting me more than halfway in my sorting efforts. The sincerity could mostly be about stuff that isn't alignment indicative. But he recently beat me in a quick (almost chat-mafia speed) offsite vengeful game during one of MS' lengthy downtimes. Part of my misread was due to the components of his townread on me. I don't think he'd go there (or anywhere similar to there) again so soon as scum. But, he might.

I'm ambivalent.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 am

Post by geists »

In post 1511, Stuffed Crust wrote:I can understand the desire to pressure me and garner alignment-based tells while I'm under pressure (what I assume the Desperado vote on me was for [if you somehow flip town, I'll be tying a noose for Desp next]).

However, legitimately thinking I'm scum and voting me due to that?

It's a waste of time and effort if you're town. If you're scum, it makes plenty'o'sense.

-V
What is this premise that town will recognize you as town?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:52 am

In post 1512, geists wrote:
In post 1506, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Why the unvote then?
Because I was seeing all sorts of flashes of sincerity in his replies and have a strong sense that he was meeting me more than halfway in my sorting efforts. The sincerity could mostly be about stuff that isn't alignment indicative. But he recently beat me in a quick (almost chat-mafia speed) offsite vengeful game during one of MS' lengthy downtimes. Part of my misread was due to the components of his townread on me. I don't think he'd go there (or anywhere similar to there) again so soon as scum. But, he might.

I'm ambivalent.
Noted. What are the rest of your reads looking like?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:52 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1511, Stuffed Crust wrote:However, legitimately thinking I'm scum and voting me due to that?
What the eff are you talking about? Are you suggesting I should not have a legitamte scum read?
In post 1511, Stuffed Crust wrote:[if you somehow flip town, I'll be tying a noose for Desp next]).
Lining up mislynches are we?
In post 1488, Desperado wrote:this is so bad

but nacho's meek response to such a retarded accusation did not sit well with me either
This feels to me like town. It's not a slam dunk town tell obviously, but the fact he is not rigidly anti-DOMO and is also looking at the people I'm pointing at, this feels more town motivated than scum. Thus, it at least kills the scum read I picked up on. My townflip should incriminate you, not desperado.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1515, DOMO wrote:My townflip should incriminate stuffed crust, not desperado.
fmp in case it wasn't obvious
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1459, MC Maraca wrote:Something is significantly wrong with you if you're still thinking I'm scum after this.
Eh, I'll probably paranoia around day 4-5.

When I feigned suspicion on you/ffery for crumbing unrequited lover, I was being serious that there are very few things you could pull that would completely stun me at this point.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:55 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1462, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1451, BROseidon wrote:Anyone from Xenogears who didn't catch it deserves scrutiny, though.
Why do you expect town to "catch it?" From experience, I find town are a lot more oblivious to PR claims although it depends on the player.
was pretty explicit
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:57 am

In post 1518, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1451, BROseidon wrote:Anyone from Xenogears who didn't catch it deserves scrutiny, though.
Why do you expect town to "catch it?" From experience, I find town are a lot more oblivious to PR claims although it depends on the player.
was pretty explicit
I think I am missing something. Why wouldn't scum who played the gears game catch the same thing?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:58 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1495, Stuffed Crust wrote:@Mc Maracaracaracrara: Eeeeh, what'd you and BRO think is weird about me, again? I'm Varsoon, I don't really need to justify myself beyond that. Also, I never believe anyone's claim/crumb until they can prove it.
...Cabd and I had a mini convo about it.

ISO me :P
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:59 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 49, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 47, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Okay, UnvoteVOTE: Maracabd
Try once more. I'm more obvtown than mastin during gears this game.
Is this the fucking crumb you've all been blathering about? I thought it was the in-thread mason comment, which I paid no attention too because it's a waste of time.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:01 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1519, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1518, BROseidon wrote:
was pretty explicit
I think I am missing something. Why wouldn't scum who played the gears game catch the same thing?
If I were scum reading that, I would try to ignore it as much as possible, townread the two people masoning for other reasons, then shoot it at night in the midgame before they're revealed. Especially since they might have also picked up that I crumbed mason-bodyguard, not just mason, so they'd assume I might die protecting a target anyways.

That's the point; anyone who didn't phone in on it seems like they were trying to ignore it b/c it was fairly explicit.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:01 am

Post by DOMO »

I like BRO's thinking here.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

No, I'm saying that legitimately thinking/perpetuating the idea that I'm scum when you've got no evidence for it and haven't articulated a case for it is awkward. People typically pressure players they are suspicious of, and given responses, temper their reads. You're just going all-in without any of that.

You're pretty predictable, too. I knew you'd respond with the whole "lining up mislynches" thing as I was writing that. This shows that you're not interested with engaging in what I've written, but instead on using it for points of assault. Given this and the fact that you're grasping at commenting on anything else that's happening as of late makes me believe that you're trying to escape my persecution. You won't. I'm clamped onto your ass like a pitbull.

I'm very confident that you are scum based on your interactions with me, Desperado, and Mafia SSK. However, I can not know for sure until the mod confirms your alignment. I operate on those grounds--that unless mod-confirmed, nothing is true. In this way, yeah, you could flip town, and then, yes, I'd be pushing a wagon on Desperado (not that I'm not suspicious of him anyway, since I know he has a love for bussing and I highly suspect him and you, but I've got a more informed read on you than him).

I don't think you're going to flip town at all, DOMO.
That's the problem.

P-EDIT:
@BRO: Gosh, now I have to do work.

-V

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”