NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:48 am

Post by geists »

I'm feeling pretty nervous, myself, for someone who's pretty happy with my townbloc so far.

I don't like the BBQ wagon. I don't like Nacho. We're 40 pages in and he doesn't know who he wants to push instead.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:49 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 814, geists wrote:You were the only damn town player in the Oz game. It was like a crash course in DOMO-reading.
I'm surprised you would feel confident enough in anything you learned about me from that game. I had no idea what was going on to begin with, so it's in no way relevant to my usualy town game. I dunno, it just feels like you're looking for reasons to town me.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:52 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 880, geists wrote:Anyway. Given our past games I expected you'd find me calling you town a bit troubling, but not fly-into-the-rafters alarming. Your reaction hit the right notes.
This is better actually.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:57 am

Post by geists »

In post 1026, DOMO wrote:
In post 814, geists wrote:You were the only damn town player in the Oz game. It was like a crash course in DOMO-reading.
I'm surprised you would feel confident enough in anything you learned about me from that game. I had no idea what was going on to begin with, so it's in no way relevant to my usualy town game. I dunno, it just feels like you're looking for reasons to town me.
I think in some ways the game was more revealing of motivations than most because of all the factions. It was really easy to tell the players who had to kill someone from the players who had no strong wincon-driven goal. The way you set about figuring the game out was kind of unique among the survivors, and you were the only survivor who seemed really comfortable with your wincon, if that makes sense.

Mostly, I don't want to spend the whole game being paranoid about you, so I'm choosing to start this game thinking you're harmless in the same way you were harmless in Oz, and I'll adjust if I see stuff I don't like. You've given me no reason to think otherwise so far. And this post of yours cements that. As town, you have no reason to trust me. No reason to buddy me.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 21
KoreanBBQ (6)
-
Tammy, MafiaSSK, Casso the King of Seals, pieguyn, Generic, roflcopter

MafiaSSK (3)
-
KoreanBBQ, Sakura Hana, Cephrir

MC Maraca (1)
-
pitoli

Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
BROseidon

Tammy (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Generic (1)
-
goodmorning

Not Voting (7)
-
Desperado, geists, DOMO, zMuffinMan, MC Maraca, Brian Skies, Stuffed Crust

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Ms Marangal head of MC Maraca is V/LA for a week (hydra V/LA through tomorrow). goodmorning is V/LA until Wednesday.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

@Mod: I'M V/LA through Monday
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:50 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 969, Cephrir wrote:
In post 896, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 895, KoreanBBQ wrote:You just claimed scum when I asked you for your reasoning of why you jumped on my wagon and you were all like "what? who?"

vote:SSK
Oh, you did ask? Mostly gut. I was also, you know the third vote or L-8.
But I mean I went through a quick ISO glance as well to not find that much beneficial town content. You don't give substantial reasoning behind reads or votes. Your votes are too reactive.
If you see that as me claiming scum, cool stuff bro.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
What don't you like?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:52 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 970, Cephrir wrote:
In post 901, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 897, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 896, MafiaSSK wrote:You don't give substantial reasoning behind reads or votes.
Neither did yours
In post 896, MafiaSSK wrote:Your votes are too reactive.
So was mine, why didnt you question it?

Unvote
Vote: SSK
I have dived into your scum meta before, Sakura. You're not acting like that there. You seem town here, so of course a reactive vote wouldn't be as scummy for you. A reactive vote is cream on a cake.
In post 898, geists wrote:
In post 896, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 895, KoreanBBQ wrote:You just claimed scum when I asked you for your reasoning of why you jumped on my wagon and you were all like "what? who?"

vote:SSK
Oh, you did ask? Mostly gut. I was also, you know the third vote or L-8.
But I mean I went through a quick ISO glance as well to not find that much beneficial town content. You don't give substantial reasoning behind reads or votes. Your votes are too reactive.
If you see that as me claiming scum, cool stuff bro.

Someone who hydras with Nati should at least vaguely understand that it's the timing and tempo of events in the game that explain GiF's votes.
It's one of Nat's worse traits.

In post 899, KoreanBBQ wrote:Well your gut sucks.
MafiaSSK wrote:You don't give substantial reasoning behind reads or votes.
but neither did you. :facepalm:

And I did give reasoning behind Gen.

This head has never put down a SRS vote until the vote on you.

If you think "not beneficial content" is a scum tell please explain why Domo's 413 and 546 were beneficial? What did pitoli post that was beneficial? What Stuffed Crust posted that was beneficial? What was beneficial from Desp and Talah?

'cause the reasoning that you are using applies to others as well so FMPOV it looks like you just hopping on a wagon and calling it a day.
Hypocrisy isn't a scumtell.
I like serious votes. But thanks to that explanation, I'll rescind my attack on your reasonless votes being scummy.
Fair points there.
Meh yeah. I guess I wasn't giving a wide enough scope. But as I said, it's mostly gut.
I have only been lynched as scum once. I got thrown off balance early by a huge swing of suspicion onto me (the reason, though not relevant, was me accidentally putting someone at L-1 on like page 4). In that game, I made a lot of posts like this one, I believe.
What does that have to do with me? We're nothing alike, Ceph.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:52 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 971, Cephrir wrote:TOWN
Domo
geists
MCM
F16
Tammy

LEAN TOWN
Brian Skies
pieguyn
Casso
Bro

DUNNO
talah
Generic
roflcopter
Sakura
SC
pitoli

SCUMMY
BBQ
Desperado
MafiaSSK

VOTE: SSK
And now you vote me. Explain?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

Your posts sound to me like scum talking to someone they know is town.

Last sentence of 896 is really weird.

901 is awkward as a back off. "Oh yeah that was hypocritical nvm" => why aren't you willing to pursue it anyway if hypocrisy isn't a scumtell. Last sentence reminded me of off blance scumrir but I don't know if I can explain how so.

p-edit: I'm trying to
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:57 am

Post by Tammy »

UNVOTE:

I remember seeing something I thought I liked yesterday. We'll see, I need to catch up with the thread. The catch up though might not actually happen, there's a really good chance I'll pass out on my iPad instead.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:58 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 997, Cephrir wrote:
In post 987, roflcopter wrote:i'm in favor of not reading what i missed at this time

if koreanbbq flips scum i say we lynch cephrir next
Counterpoint: how about we lynch your face instead

p.s. Why aren't you obvtown yet
Witness one of the great things about Ceph. He does these gigantic, in depth posts full of reasoning, completely and utterly town. Then he does a post like this, devoid of reasoning bordering on the boundary of scummy. Not that he is, yet, just something to notice.

PEdit: See! That post right above me does the same exact thing! Oh "They look like I'm scum talking to town. Or that's really weird sentence right there, SSK". I see your reasoning right in those lines of how exactly I'm sucm. Stop trying to vote low hanging fruit, Ceph. I was townreading you earlier. Now, I dunno.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oooooh he scaring me off voting him with a big scary townread retraction when he didn't even say the townread existed

Hold me, Tammy, I'm scared
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:02 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 1018, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1014, geists wrote:How do you feel about SSK?
He seems like a good choice for common ground. Does Nati have a read on him yet?
I don't like the vagueness of this post. It feels like they're just ready to sheep Nat. I know that Nat and I have played together a while, but form your own opinions and have your own ground.
In post 1019, geists wrote:We haven't had a chance to talk about the game since SSK started to worry me.
Ffery, what am I doing that is worrying you?

Pedit: Cephrir, stop.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:05 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 1023, geists wrote:
In post 1019, geists wrote:We haven't had a chance to talk about the game since SSK started to worry me.
Now we have.

Nati's opinion is that SSK is going to be hard as fuck to read. My level of concern shoots up significantly as of now.
So no sheeping, finally? Good stuff.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:05 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 1025, geists wrote:I'm feeling pretty nervous, myself, for someone who's pretty happy with my townbloc so far.

I don't like the BBQ wagon. I don't like Nacho. We're 40 pages in and he doesn't know who he wants to push instead.
Why do you have a townbloc?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 am

Post by geists »

In post 1040, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1025, geists wrote:I'm feeling pretty nervous, myself, for someone who's pretty happy with my townbloc so far.

Because it's how I approach the game. I townhunt and scumhunt simultaneously but town are a hell of a lot easier to find than scum in most games.
In post 1038, MafiaSSK wrote:
He seems like a good choice for common ground. Does Nati have a read on him yet?
I don't like the vagueness of this post. It feels like they're just ready to sheep Nat. I know that Nat and I have played together a while, but form your own opinions and have your own ground.

You're really, really hard to read.

Going back to your first post, what was the basis for your reads?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:28 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 1041, geists wrote:

Because it's how I approach the game. I townhunt and scumhunt simultaneously but town are a hell of a lot easier to find than scum in most games.
While it may be easier to townhunt, how do you not get in a cycle of confbias? Especially when someone reaches the point where they can be on your townbloc, then you're looking for why they can still be town and not why are they scum. It's less effective and more prone to bias.

I have been playing for years. I know my way around.

As for the basis of my reads, there were no particulars otherwise I would have mentioned them. Most of them were just my gut feelings. Take that as you will.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:49 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1037, Cephrir wrote:Hold me, Tammy, I'm scared
Haha.

ceph is town.

I think mafiassk is scum and if so then it will be interesting that ffery considers him so hard to read. His recent quoting of geists looks to me like scum who is feeling pressured, and is trying to "scumhunt"... odds are he'll try to bus someone imo.

I think we should lynch ssk and if he flips scum, any cop we might have would do well to have a look at geists.

vote mafiassk
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:54 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1042, MafiaSSK wrote:While it may be easier to townhunt, how do you not get in a cycle of confbias? Especially when someone reaches the point where they can be on your townbloc, then you're looking for why they can still be town and not why are they scum. It's less effective and more prone to bias.
do you ask this every single time someone forms a townbloc or what

like whats the point of this question. do you srsly think forming townblocks is alignment indicative?
In post 1042, MafiaSSK wrote:As for the basis of my reads, there were no particulars otherwise I would have mentioned them. Most of them were just my gut feelings. Take that as you will.
are you at all confident in any of those reads

I'm ok with this
vote: SSK
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 am

Post by pieguyn »

Varsoon I see you posting elsewhere

you're fucking scum aren't you?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:57 am

Post by geists »

In post 1042, MafiaSSK wrote:

While it may be easier to townhunt, how do you not get in a cycle of confbias? Especially when someone reaches the point where they can be on your townbloc, then you're looking for why they can still be town and not why are they scum. It's less effective and more prone to bias.
If you put someone in your townbloc and never look back and don't reevaluate based on new data (their posts, votes, lynch cardflips and NK targets), then yeah you set yourself up for a ton of confirmation bias. Townbloc players by definition get a lot of scrutiny. The arguments and discussions that lead to consensus votes, and the efficacy of the successful bandwagons all tend to drag townbloc players into the light.

I have been playing for years. I know my way around.

As for the basis of my reads, there were no particulars otherwise I would have mentioned them. Most of them were just my gut feelings. Take that as you will.
Then you shouldn't be surprised that by default your play draws attention.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:58 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 1043, DOMO wrote:
Haha.

ceph is town.

I think mafiassk is scum and if so then it will be interesting that ffery considers him so hard to read. His recent quoting of geists looks to me like scum who is feeling pressured, and is trying to "scumhunt"... odds are he'll try to bus someone imo.

I think we should lynch ssk and if he flips scum, any cop we might have would do well to have a look at geists.

vote mafiassk
Or you know I've legitimately been asking questions? Because that's something I can't do as town? Because questions make me scum?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:00 am

Post by geists »

In post 1043, DOMO wrote:
Haha.

ceph is town.

vote mafiassk
When I make multiple mistakes about a player over a number of games, I consider them hard to read. I've gone after SSK in both the completed games we've played, and helped get him mislynched both times.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:00 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 1044, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1042, MafiaSSK wrote:While it may be easier to townhunt, how do you not get in a cycle of confbias? Especially when someone reaches the point where they can be on your townbloc, then you're looking for why they can still be town and not why are they scum. It's less effective and more prone to bias.
do you ask this every single time someone forms a townbloc or what

like whats the point of this question. do you srsly think forming townblocks is alignment indicative?
No. I just still don't get townblocs. They seem like the most idiotic thing to me.
In post 1044, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1042, MafiaSSK wrote:As for the basis of my reads, there were no particulars otherwise I would have mentioned them. Most of them were just my gut feelings. Take that as you will.
are you at all confident in any of those reads

I'm ok with this
vote: SSK
I'm pretty confident with my gut? It's usually right, but I like to have substance behind it. So not all the way confident.
But why are you voting me? What makes you think I'm being scum?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”