NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:55 am

Post by geists »

Well, you certainly missed a nuance in all that. I alluded in-thread that Nati had concerns about Tammy in post . In , Nati confirmed that.

And in perhaps the most pronounced instance of hydra dissonance that I have ever participated in, Nati and I had simultaneious and completely opposite reactions to one of Tammy's posts during the back-and-forth with Mara. and immediately below, .

Our consensus read is tammytown.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:00 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

So, far I am confident in two strong townreads: Tammy and Geists. I am leaning town on Mara-Cabd, and Cephrir but not as strongly. Everyone else is in the "Yet to be sorted" pile.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:01 am

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 528, Generic wrote:Mara I am not a fan of cabd popping in at a convenient point to start excusing what you were doing and the resolution to the conflict felt very odd.
The conflict was there, to firm up my read on Tammy. I thought the resolution was splendid
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:05 am

Post by geists »

In post 551, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:So, far I am confident in two strong townreads: Tammy and Geists. I am leaning town on Mara-Cabd, and Cephrir but not as strongly. Everyone else is in the "Yet to be sorted" pile.
This worries me a little bit. You've waffled somewhat on me in the two games we've played where I was scum, and the waffles were at least partially meta-based.

When I'm scum and you're town you scare the hell out of me because I keep expecting all the meta-based knowledge you have of my game to snap into focus. This town read seems really, really easy and lacking in "I've been wrong before" footnotes.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:05 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

I thought I posted enough to be sorted by now.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:09 am

Post by MC Maraca »

town

Brian
GM
Geists
Tammy
Ceph
Bro
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:10 am

Post by MC Maraca »

I don't think so, and I can't tell the difference between the two heads making it harder to sort you two
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:10 am

Post by geists »

In post 531, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 420, Tammy wrote:
In post 293, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 288, Tammy wrote:VOTE: koreanbbq
Ok fine I was being mean to generic a bit but that ain't the way to treat the tired
old
man.

P-Edit: mislynch, of course :p
Was this Nero? Why aren't you telling me I'm wrong? I liked your slots post about wondering how many posts Varsoon had in SC, but beyond that I'm waiting for the oomph.
ㅜㅐㅔㄷ.
ㅠㄷㅊ면ㄷ ㅑ 애ㅜ'ㅅ ㅜㄷㄷㅇ 새.
쏘두 조ㅛ 야우'ㅅ ㅛㅐㅕ 묹ㄷㄱ 소드?
google translate failed miserably:
ㅜ ㅐ ㅔ c.
C c ㅊmyeon ㅑ ㅜ ㅠ Ke 'c c o oi new ㅜ.
Joe Cho Yau ㅛ 'ㅐ ㅕ ㅛ mun oi c: a sword?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:11 am

I haven't seen a single game where you attacked Nacho as scum to the extent you have here and with the confidence you showed here. I did have an initial townread on you which was shaky and I did question you to see if it would firm up. The Nacho-attack was completely outside of what I would expect you to do as scum.

MC Maraca, can you explain your townreads on Brian and GM?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:11 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 557, geists wrote:
In post 531, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 420, Tammy wrote:
In post 293, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 288, Tammy wrote:VOTE: koreanbbq
Ok fine I was being mean to generic a bit but that ain't the way to treat the tired
old
man.

P-Edit: mislynch, of course :p
Was this Nero? Why aren't you telling me I'm wrong? I liked your slots post about wondering how many posts Varsoon had in SC, but beyond that I'm waiting for the oomph.
ㅜㅐㅔㄷ.
ㅠㄷㅊ면ㄷ ㅑ 애ㅜ'ㅅ ㅜㄷㄷㅇ 새.
쏘두 조ㅛ 야우'ㅅ ㅛㅐㅕ 묹ㄷㄱ 소드?
google translate failed miserably:
ㅜ ㅐ ㅔ c.
C c ㅊmyeon ㅑ ㅜ ㅠ Ke 'c c o oi new ㅜ.
Joe Cho Yau ㅛ 'ㅐ ㅕ ㅛ mun oi c: a sword?
Don't even try.
That was me typing english with Korean keyboard setting on.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:15 am

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 558, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:MC Maraca, can you explain your townreads on Brian and GM?

No, those are both Gut ATM but something about them makes me feel good enough to add them into my list of town-reads
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:19 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 556, MC Maraca wrote:I don't think so, and I can't tell the difference between the two heads making it harder to sort you two
Awkward jokes? GIF.
Lots of grammar error? GIF.
Says "fery"? GIF.
Posts that makes you punch this hydra in the face? GIF.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:21 am

Post by geists »

In post 558, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I haven't seen a single game where you attacked Nacho as scum to the extent you have here and with the confidence you showed here. I did have an initial townread on you which was shaky and I did question you to see if it would firm up. The Nacho-attack was completely outside of what I would expect you to do as scum.

MC Maraca, can you explain your townreads on Brian and GM?
I don't recall ever attacking nacho as scum, so that at least is currently valid.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:22 am

Post by MC Maraca »

but, Nero makes me want to punch him in the face constantly as well

and, his jokes are super freaking awkward so those aren't going to work
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:22 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 563, MC Maraca wrote:but, Nero makes me want to punch him in the face constantly as well

and, his jokes are super freaking awkward so those aren't going to work
Then you're SOL.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:25 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

My jokes are golden CABD.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:28 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

no, super freaking awkward. That's Mara. But Mara used to luff me and now she wants to punch me?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:35 am

Post by geists »

In post 565, KoreanBBQ wrote:My jokes are golden CABD.
You're going to suffer doubly for this post!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:38 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 318, Generic wrote:BROseidon, who are you feeling the least happy with so far. Not gonna expect full scum reads at this stage Roth do many having yet to put any pertinent input into this, but who is beeping on the radar at least in your eyes?
I'll get back to you after reading these ten pages.
In post 332, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 13, Brian Skies wrote:You're scum doing this with only your best intentions in mind. It's anti-town. You need rope, but I'm already voting my other scum-read.
How is it antitown? The plan essentially gives him three days freedom as scum. This freedom is also time that I'm left alive to rampage all over the scumteam in typical Nacho fashion when he could instead just dodge me for a day and kill me in a night. He has also demonstrated the capacity to read me pretty fucking well based on the past few times we've played together, so it makes sense he would want to buy extra time to figure me out (considering he tends to be a kill priority for scum-Nacho).
If he's scum, why would you expect him to follow through on this?
In post 335, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 29, BROseidon wrote:Just to let everyone know this game is a town win.
I was hoping you drew scum :(
Why would you want a scumwin?
In post 337, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Thor liked MC's opening but it wasn't actually that great.
Nacho: answer me this:

Which of the following is true:

1) You're scum.
2) I'm crazy.
3) Both
In post 357, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Yes? Cabd forming a town block with himself in the center early game doesn't exactly seem like something that's unlikely to be coming from Cabd-scum. Why do you disagree?
:/
In post 365, Cephrir wrote:
In post 362, Casso the King of Seals wrote:1. Ffery. Let's make the same deal that F-16 and I made, minus the suspecting part.
These deals are just really, really odd.
It's three of the stronger slots in the game trying to posture around each other for... reasons...

Only real town motivation I can see behind it is to prevent paranoia from ripping the town apart at the seams, which can happen very easily in a game like this.
In post 368, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I still think BRO deserves caution, but his "meh I fucking suck at large games" seemed a lot more honest than any BROscum play that I've seen. It's more about what he's not doing than what he is doing!
I don't like how you're hiding behind a single comment to justify reading me, then throwing out some high-level "What he's not doing indicates he's town" reasoning without substantiating what those markers are. It makes it look like you're setting up for a potential "gotcha" moment on me that people'll trust because of your authority/experience with me.
In post 379, Casso the King of Seals wrote:improvements in her play lately that suggest her town game is getting more obvtown early.
Evidence?
In post 410, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Firstly, Nacho in Buzzword went up against Orc because your slot (squared) did. He immediately dropped suspicion on Orc once he returned from a brief period of inactivity – the scum motivation clearly being he didn’t want to go against you. Here on the other hand, you indicated that Brian suspicion is unjustified – or at least, that is the implicit vibe I received from you. Tammy opposed the push as well. Assuming she is town, Nacho as scum would be pushing a player that could alienate his biggest threats – this is something I haven’t seen a parallel with in Buzzword. Let’s say he wants to push the Brian lynch, who will help him? Not you, Tammy, or even Cephrir who despite saying that Brian was trying too hard now has a townread on him. Probably not Pitoli who he is voting. Perhaps he expected me to help but I made it clear I am not sure either way about Brian. So, I am not seeing the same parallel w.r.t Brian and Orc. What did I miss?
This is how you make an argument, people.

Tammy’s town, don’t want to substantiate why because ~reasons~

Although I don’t get where these pitoli reads are coming from because by page 18 I’ve forgotten that she’s even posted. I guess that’s implicitly bad, but still…
In post 471, Brian Skies wrote:How about we just lynch you now and get the game over with?
That would bring the “BRO getting mislynched” statistic in conflict with the “BRO always wins with Nacho” statistic. It’s better to let scum NK me, because then I’m conftown AND the “BRO almost always wins when not mislynched” stat comes into play.

^_^

Stopped quoting shit because MS hates me, but I’m hard townreading Tammy after the fight. Also townreading Brian, but not as strongly.

Gut-feeling off about Ceph, but I’m gonna table that for a bit. Also disconcerted by the lack of presence from a handful of players (gutbunny, Desp, Sak, Domo, GM, pit). Other than that…

VOTE: Casso

We have a date, Nacho. I apologize for not being super-available for the next 24 hours.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Generic »

F16, a question for you.

Why offer the truce on casso and then barely get three days into day 1 before breaking that? Was that to bring nachos guard down and not focus any attention on you so you can catch him off guard?
It's puzzling since you were the one to offer the truce in the first place.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:53 am

In post 569, Generic wrote:F16, a question for you.

Why offer the truce on casso and then barely get three days into day 1 before breaking that? Was that to bring nachos guard down and not focus any attention on you so you can catch him off guard?
It's puzzling since you were the one to offer the truce in the first place.
Where did I break it?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Generic »

Have I misinterpreted the point to this post?

In post 410, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Okay, here's what I thought:
Spoiler: ffery
I see some parallel’s to Buzzword although with a lot of major differences:
Firstly, Nacho in Buzzword went up against Orc because your slot (squared) did. He immediately dropped suspicion on Orc once he returned from a brief period of inactivity – the scum motivation clearly being he didn’t want to go against you. Here on the other hand, you indicated that Brian suspicion is unjustified – or at least, that is the implicit vibe I received from you. Tammy opposed the push as well. Assuming she is town, Nacho as scum would be pushing a player that could alienate his biggest threats – this is something I haven’t seen a parallel with in Buzzword. Let’s say he wants to push the Brian lynch, who will help him? Not you, Tammy, or even Cephrir who despite saying that Brian was trying too hard now has a townread on him. Probably not Pitoli who he is voting. Perhaps he expected me to help but I made it clear I am not sure either way about Brian. So, I am not seeing the same parallel w.r.t Brian and Orc. What did I miss?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:59 am

Yeah. Buzzword was a game where Nacho was scum. I said that I saw a few parallels but showed how they were different. It was basically an implicit defense so I have no idea how you interpreted it as an attack.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:04 am

In post 568, BROseidon wrote:
In post 410, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Firstly, Nacho in Buzzword went up against Orc because your slot (squared) did. He immediately dropped suspicion on Orc once he returned from a brief period of inactivity – the scum motivation clearly being he didn’t want to go against you. Here on the other hand, you indicated that Brian suspicion is unjustified – or at least, that is the implicit vibe I received from you. Tammy opposed the push as well. Assuming she is town, Nacho as scum would be pushing a player that could alienate his biggest threats – this is something I haven’t seen a parallel with in Buzzword. Let’s say he wants to push the Brian lynch, who will help him? Not you, Tammy, or even Cephrir who despite saying that Brian was trying too hard now has a townread on him. Probably not Pitoli who he is voting. Perhaps he expected me to help but I made it clear I am not sure either way about Brian. So, I am not seeing the same parallel w.r.t Brian and Orc. What did I miss?
This is how you make an argument, people.

I don't get it. Do you agree with it? Your vote doesn't make sense based on this statement.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:06 am

Post by Generic »

It seemed like a follow on from geists. It came up while I was looking at the case against casso and since I don't understand the reference game or circumstances, it seemed like a continuation rather than a defence. It's why I asked .

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”