NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

DON'T LEAVE
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

TBH scumreading me from anyone is probably a town tell right now

I'm not terribly into this game and I really don't have time to play it at all this week but I'm trying
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Post by Generic »

Well I gave it half an hour mara hon, but I have three kids and you lot have pissed me off so I don't want to get more angry.

Gonna have a nice cup of tea and watch a Christmas film I think.

BBL.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

it hasn't even been 30 minutes, dammit :/
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

I am going to cry, if you're scum ceph.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'll cry too

For reals
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 453, MC Maraca wrote:it hasn't even been 30 minutes, dammit :/

It had actually been like 40.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

SHUT UP TAMMY
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm just the boring time keeper don't yell at me.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

But, I can't read you, Generic, if all you do is run away when I try to put even the slightest amount of pressure on you to try and firm up my reads when they aren't as strong as I want them to be.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

I said shut up
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Post by Tammy »

Yeah because I do what I'm told.

You should probably get over yourself
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Post by Tammy »

*your fake ass self that should read
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

And I don't want this game to become a rant-fest, either. like, I even tried to make my questions toward you as benevolent as possible

Pedit: NO

VOTE: Tammy
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Post by Tammy »

That's a stupid vote.

Like I literally do not believe for one second you suspect me Mara.

But geeze gods you're about on par with me with the omgus.

How does it feel to be voting obvtown? Don't you brag that you're good at reading people?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

and this one is serious

Pedit: you aren't obvtown
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by Tammy »

BRING IT MARA.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 465, MC Maraca wrote:and this one is serious

Pedit: you aren't obvtown
I actually am and you're a fool.

This is quite literally the best I've entered a game in a long fucking time. I'm sorry if your role pm can't see the obvious and you don't know what you're doing, but anyone with half a brain and has ever seen me play knows this is town me, so go on, keep being dumb.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Post by Tammy »

You know what this feels like? EXACTLY like the last time you were scum Mara. Exactly. A little fake paranoia my way. A bit of ignoring all the obvious signs I'm town. Everything.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by Tammy »

WHYARE YOU RUNNING AWAY MARA.

IS ALL YOU GOT IS SOME SUPERIOR ASS WANNA BE SHUT UP BULLSHIT? That it?

Thought so.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

and no, I don't brag about that stuff.

Pedit: I'm actually going to let that sit there and watch the thread wake up and realize what this vote means as I head to bed

Pedit X2: I don't see a jesters cap upon either of our heads, nor do I see a dunce cap

PeditX3: nothing you're going to do is shaking my resolve. keep trying.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 14, Cephrir wrote:Brian, I think you're trying too hard.
Sometimes. I have been told I think too much.
In post 39, Cephrir wrote:Brian Skies is town.
geists is town.
F16 is town.

Generic is town.

Discuss.
It conflicts with my Page 1 scum-read. I'm also a little bit concerned that you're already town-reading me, but you have your reasoning, I guess.
In post 45, MC Maraca wrote:Don't worry I'll just vig them once they've given their reads and we'll go from there.
Town?
In post 45, MC Maraca wrote:He may not like meta but he knows how to manipulate his own.
Not necessarily town, but an interesting observation. I don't hate meta, considering I'm more than happy to give mine out. I just think some people try to use it as a basis for reads and make bad decisions off of it cuz they don't know what they're doing.
In post 47, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Can you link me to the game that you played with Brian?
I feel somewhat more important than I should be.
In post 48, BROseidon wrote:
In post 45, MC Maraca wrote:Yo'd be surprised how big name games can fall apart. Go look at scummies invitational. Keeping egos off the thread will probably be an important method of town powerkeeping.
Nacho's in this game.

I can't lose ^_^
How about we just lynch you now and get the game over with?
In post 70, goodmorning wrote:At least two of them are not Town.
Which ones and why?
In post 73, Tammy wrote:I've gotten aggravated with you, but if you can find one person on this site I haven't gotten aggravated with, I'll bake you cookies.
Do I count?
In post 84, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Best prize ever! I am liking you already.
Why? Are you townreading her? Because this doesn't feel like a townie thought.
In post 84, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 72, pitoli wrote:Brian's entrance bothers me too.
What about it bothered you?
This. Why have you not answered this yet, Pitoli?

*Some townblock application form that I'm not filling out.
In post 197, geists wrote:I feel the itch to meta something, but I'm still absurdly short on sleep. Maybe tomorrow.
You can always try to meta me. That's always interesting.
In post 202, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Tammy, Brian is not a new player. How did you get that impression?
Compared to the rest of the players in this game, yes I am. I've just played in a shit ton of games cuz I take on heavy game-loads.
In post 216, geists wrote:Awkward entrances are not a scum tell for Brian. Nor are they a town tell. I'll take my time to form a read on Brian. From what I remember in a recent meta dive you also badly misread him not too long ago in a game.
Welcome to my meta. Which has been molded to my liking.
In post 221, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Although my off-read on Brian was mostly based on in-game actions as opposed to meta which indicated he was town.
So, what you're saying is, I'm a scummy town player.
In post 258, geists wrote:And what are your thoughts about Brian? I think it's too soon to try to sort him. F-16's comment about in thread tells is intriguing, but I feel like proceeding with caution.
This much concern from three posts?
In post 285, Generic wrote:What i dislike about that post is that he completely negates BOTH reads on the two heads.
Starts with a comment that he can read nero quickly - then negates that with a comment that he has never seen nero as scum, then that he sits him in the null waiting room until he gets a proper read on him. So neither a quick read then nor a read that can be held up to great scrutiny since he has never seen neros scum game.
Then moves on to GIF who again he apparently reads quickly - then COMPLETELY negates that by pointing out he often townreads him when he is scum.

That post is literally nothing. You cant make a claim to be able to read two people and then immediately caveat that with a list of contradictions.

And the follow up to my comment about not liking it is horrible, basically boils down to 'im playing to my town meta, ask those currently townreading me'.

Geists has gone from a decent town read to my opening suspicion. And all through a few questions being posed to them and a bit of scrutiny.
This post feels town.
In post 326, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Casso and I agree that your push here was pretty sad. It saddens me because your reaction to it is the complete opposite to my reaction, and it saddens my lovely bearded partner because you didn't drop your RVS push for something better when you found it.
I've been gone since my third post, and I agree with your lovely bearded partner.

I also had no idea that he stole that post from other games. :shrugs:
In post 332, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 13, Brian Skies wrote:You're scum doing this with only your best intentions in mind. It's anti-town. You need rope, but I'm already voting my other scum-read.
How is it antitown? The plan essentially gives him three days freedom as scum. This freedom is also time that I'm left alive to rampage all over the scumteam in typical Nacho fashion when he could instead just dodge me for a day and kill me in a night. He has also demonstrated the capacity to read me pretty fucking well based on the past few times we've played together, so it makes sense he would want to buy extra time to figure me out (considering he tends to be a kill priority for scum-Nacho).
Maybe, but my perspective is different.

It's antitown because it works in his favor if he's scum, which you pretty much outlined. You know you're a popular target for a NK. If he's scum, then why wouldn't he bribe you into an early truce so he can get rid of you before he's put into any real danger?

I know I've said this before, but to me, Mafia is a game about distrust and deceit. Treating someone as functionally conftown for X amount of time without actually sorting them just rubs me the wrong way. You also know that I don't like buddying, so I don't know where this is coming from.
In post 350, geists wrote:Brian's initial posts almost always look strained and uncomfortable.
It's because I'm trying to move the game somewhere.
In post 354, geists wrote:Give me some time to work through it. I may be off base, but Nati also thinks Nacho is looking scummy.
Not really, I just think there's a small falling out between us.
In post 356, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I don't think Brian has a tendency to look weak early game. I thought there was clear motivation in F-16s opening to stay alive to sort out Nacho-scum, and I thought that it was strange Brian immediately attacked that, especially considering the mentor mentee game that recently ended which proves F-16 can read me pretty competently.
It's not always about you. And I don't see why I wouldn't attack that post.
In post 370, Casso the King of Seals wrote:And note: Brian didn't question, he attacked.
And I regret nothing. Serious votes move the game faster, and this discussion could/should have happened earlier.

I thought I was going to have this discussion with F-0, but it never happened.
In post 400, KoreanBBQ wrote:*I* dislike his 285.
I'm interested too considering I just said I thought it was town.
In post 410, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Firstly, Nacho in Buzzword went up against Orc because your slot (squared) did. He immediately dropped suspicion on Orc once he returned from a brief period of inactivity – the scum motivation clearly being he didn’t want to go against you. Here on the other hand, you indicated that Brian suspicion is unjustified – or at least, that is the implicit vibe I received from you. Tammy opposed the push as well. Assuming she is town, Nacho as scum would be pushing a player that could alienate his biggest threats – this is something I haven’t seen a parallel with in Buzzword. Let’s say he wants to push the Brian lynch, who will help him? Not you, Tammy, or even Cephrir who despite saying that Brian was trying too hard now has a townread on him. Probably not Pitoli who he is voting. Perhaps he expected me to help but I made it clear I am not sure either way about Brian. So, I am not seeing the same parallel w.r.t Brian and Orc. What did I miss?
Nacho has this weird infatuation with attacking lurkers. He also has had a pretty big influence on me and has played a ton of games with me. He could probably sort me without your help, and push me as either alignment. Revisit Cash Cabd (my second game on this site) and look at his uncomfortableness with me even though he treated me as complete newbtown in my Newbie game (which he was the IC in).

*And some other stuff happened.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 459, MC Maraca wrote:But, I can't read you, Generic, if all you do is run away when I try to put even the slightest amount of pressure on you to try and firm up my reads when they aren't as strong as I want them to be.
Fuck off mara. I hung around for 40 minutes or so and then had kids to feed and get ready, so don't give me the bullshit of running away when the moment I even start interactin with you on more than pleasantries you impose a half hour break...

Does it take that long to properly compose and edit a response I'm not gonna see through easily?

See we can all twist things, difference is I respect the fact you might actually be busy. So we are done today after you just pulled that shit before I say something you regret.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

Well okay yeah watch how anyone who has ever played with me goes what the fuck is your vote on there for?

Serious question. Get around to answering it whenever. Have you read the thread? I'm totally totally serious about this question.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

So this is a fun thing to come back to. I'm pretty sure I know what mara is doing but it's kinda un-necessary?

<---not mara

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”