N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:55 am

Post by N »

Talk to me about my voting rules. I was very strict about them early in the hopes that people would remember and it wouldn't be a problem in lategame. Unfortunately, this didn't work.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Skelda »

Bah. That was pretty bad. Why didn't you vote Garmr, zakk? And why kill Slandaar?

I was pretty sure Garmr was confirmed anyway, but all this didwas save us a wasted Day.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:59 am

Post by ICEninja »

Well, I want to say that N's modding was fantastic and on point. In the dead thread he was worried he didn't handle the self vote very well, but I feel like his choice was the best way to deal with it.

In the future
, I'd recommend mod-editing posts saying "this vote did not count due to ____". Beyond that, I want to give you 2 thumbs up for being exceptionally attentive in game and responsive to PMs sent to you. Replacements were quick, I liked the rule set, and the game ran quite smoothly.

I want to congratulate both Elyse and Thor for fantastic scum play. Also great PR use by Falcon. The fact that Elyse crucified Thor before even having a chance to daytalk about it blew my mind. That probably won you the game. Nice gambit.

Bastian and tool both played quite good town games in my eyes. It sucks that I got lynched but oh well. My scum hunting seemed pretty sub-par this game but that's fine I've been on fire lately I can't be right every game.

Slandaar, I'd appreciate it if you avoid queuing or replacing in to games that I'm already in.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 1375, N wrote:Talk to me about my voting rules. I was very strict about them early in the hopes that people would remember and it wouldn't be a problem in lategame. Unfortunately, this didn't work.
I thought that Garmr intentionally messed up his voting. It kind of annoys me, but I got the message.

And N, you did a fantastic job modding! Very nice!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1377, ICEninja wrote:I want to congratulate both Elyse and Thor for fantastic scum play. Also great PR use by Falcon. The fact that Elyse crucified Thor before even having a chance to daytalk about it blew my mind. That probably won you the game. Nice gambit.
That was a solid win for us, I was quite happy about it in the QT.
Choosing to Watch me was also quite clever of us as it tagged the Rolecop who could at least have helped confirm/bust people.
I think the worst decision town made was deciding to not speed lynch me - I feel as though I was able to sprinkle enough mind bullets around that they crawled into people's heads and sort of got Ice dead. I dunno, maybe I'm overstating my part of the effect there, but that day felt bad for town on multiple fronts and I did see people on Day 3 referencing things I had done on Day 2.
I also think me dying first actually helped because daytalk paranoia really filled town with terror. The scum team had used the daytalk pretty well for communication, but we were nowhere near the level people decided we were, and I think that did a lot to fuel paranoia and get some mislynches into play that otherwise wouldn't have been available to us.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by N »

I was surprised at the amount of day talk paranoia too. I only included Encryptor in the setup so that the Rolecop could get a definitive guilty.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Wow I have so many questions right now:

@zakk:

1. Why did you say you were scum briefly?

@Garmr:

1. Did you actually intend to vote for yourself and forgot about the rule about votes needing to start on a new line?
2. If you actually intended to vote for yourself, why? And then why did you say you were town after?
3. If you intended to look like you were voting for yourself, why did you do it? (I've got an idea but I want to hear it from you)

@Slandaar:

1. Seriously, why did you think zakk and I were scum?

@Thor:

1. What was the vow all about?

I can at least take some small satisfaction in knowing that Slandaar and ABR were both wrong about the scum except for Thor.

And seriously good scum play, guys. Especially Elyse -- even if we had gotten a Garmr lynch today, I doubt you would have been lynched tomorrow. I never would have thought you were scum.

And another @zakk:

You were not confirmed town at any point during day five in my eyes. You started acting super erratic and that's why I was pretty sure you were scum toward the end.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I was right about all 3. Elyse, Garmr, Sir Bastion and Thor. Those were my scum reads.

Tool single-handedly gave this game to scum. Congratulations scum, you had a good town errand boy to do your bidding. And no, tool, don't make any excuses about how you were going to vote for Elyse after lynching Garmr. I was right, you were wrong, live with it.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by Garmr »

@Tool
1.Yes I did actually forget but after I had received the message from N I decided to milk it a bit before telling you guys
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by Garmr »

lol it posted before I could finished.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Maxous »

*le sigh*, scum had this game on lockdown from early on, it was a good scum performance all around.

I do feel like a lazy, passive jerk for not making sure garmr was lynched earlier though :/
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Garmr »

@Tool
1.Yes I did actually forget but after I had received the message from N I decided to milk it a bit before telling you guys.
2.Why I am scum my job is to cause confusion I wanted to spread as much wifom as I could also I was giving elyse a chance to grab some more town cred not to mention it was funny to make you think you lost.
3.answered by 1 and 2.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1381, toolenduso wrote:@Thor:

1. What was the vow all about?
It was wifom.
In post 1382, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I was right about all 3. Elyse, Garmr, Sir Bastion and Thor. Those were my scum reads.

Tool single-handedly gave this game to scum. Congratulations scum, you had a good town errand boy to do your bidding. And no, tool, don't make any excuses about how you were going to vote for Elyse after lynching Garmr. I was right, you were wrong, live with it.
You indeed had excellent scum reads.

I think you played to scum advantage about as much as Tool did though when you lied about a case, and then backed off of it because you'd "taught me my lesson". Especially if you were still convinced I was scum at that stage (I have to admit I thought at the time I'd got you to doubt yourself, that you didn't doubt yourself makes it more odd to me, honestly)

I also think it is rather unfair of you to put too much blame on a newer player like that, frankly, as the game moved on I thought he was playing a better town game than anyone else - there's more to being town than being right, being right just helps.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1382, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I was right about all 3. Elyse, Garmr, Sir Bastion and Thor. Those were my scum reads.

"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I agree. ABR nailed scum but was lynched on day 1. That pull back of the case not only got you lynched but my reaction to it apparently got Slandaar to tunnel on me all of day 3.

In retrospect I agree we should have just lynched the shit out of Thor right away in day 2, especially since it would diminish scum's ability to pick a smart N2 target. Getting our rolecop was brutal.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Skelda »

ABR, that isn't exactly fair. I think tool was about the best town we had in lylo. No one wanted Elyse dead, although it was accepted by I thought most that Garmr had to die. I waa convinced zakk was bad too, because he acted bad and then claimed scum.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Garmr »

Tool was great At the end he was pushing me as scum. I was actually doing everything to set up as Zakk as my scum buddy and that would set Elyse up for a free win. I went as far as trying to look I was trying to debunk her catching Thor out so she would earn even more town cred after I died. Like Thor said the best buddy is a town buddy.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Maxous »

Well toolenduso was the only obv-town in lylo, which is good for a player new to playing normal games

most would get mislynched. I got mislynched in my first 2 mini normals so he prolly done something right.

p-edit: oh everyone is chiming in, cool
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nice game guys

See the dead thread for my comments.

At the end I though the scumteam was pretty obvious but I saw the spoiler thread so I can't really talk.

I'm still confused about the ice flip. More comments will come after I stop being sick and ISO him.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Garmr »

On my first game I got mislynched, on my second game i got night killed for being obvious town.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

:P

Yeah garmr you seem to play a bit differently which results in different opinions of you.

If you haven't read the spoiler thread this game sparked my theory that wagons d1 on town usually go through, and d1 wagons on scum don't. This is because the scummiest townie is really scummy and will generally do little to avoid the lynch whereas even the scummiest scum in a game can avoid the lynch at least for day 1.

I do think that town didn't use information very effectively in LyLo.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Garmr »

Yeh I noticed that in lylo we didn't use any of the past days that much. But either way I'm sure I had a big enough gap that Elyse wouldn't be suspected she was my gamble even If I ended up looking really scummy my aim was to make her the town queen.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by Skelda »

Elyse's gambit still had us all convinced she was town, so I'm not sure it would have mattered.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by Garmr »

She didn't have zakk convinced. Fueling that paranoia he had was great way to set up the mislynch for the last day.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Slandaar »

I just lynch the people who give me the most grief if I get too emotionally involved in lynching my man D1 Tool/ICE were the 2 its obvious when I think about it I used to do it a lot more than I do now but it still happens.

The only person past D3 I townread was Skelda everyone else seemed like scum.
In post 1377, ICEninja wrote: Slandaar, I'd appreciate it if you avoid queuing or replacing in to games that I'm already in.
Likewise. If you don't want to listen to someones negative opinion on you don't give them yours.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”