OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:28 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

Raffles wrote:No that's not it, my feeling is that anyone can put the vote at the beginning or the end. It's just that if I were a scum, I would feel safer by doing what I said. Also, the reason the guy gives gotta be rubbish. That's where OTU fitted in.

Complete WIFOM.
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Phoebus »

Vote count:

1 Battle Mage (OverTheUnder)
1 IH (~N9V~)
1 Kison (Akbar)
5 OverTheUnder (Battle Mage, DrippingGoofball, Fuldu, Mastermind of Sin, Raffles)
5 Raffles (Kison, Mr Flay, PBuG, Scarecrow, Wizardcat)

8 not voting

11 to lynch

As SV has posted, she is with LA.
I do not see a necessity for replacement at this time.
If you disagree, please PM me with your reasons.
Last edited by Phoebus on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:47 am

Post by XReyoX »

Is there a page where I can find all the abbreviations used in this game?
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:48 am

Post by Raffles »

WIFOM where? Explain.
Woof!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Phoebus »

Go to the Wiki.

I believe there is a link on the main page to commonly used abbreviations.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Kison »

Raffles wrote:WIFOM where? Explain.
Raffles wrote:No that's not it, my feeling is that anyone can put the vote at the beginning or the end. It's just that if I were a scum, I would feel safer by doing what I said. Also, the reason the guy gives gotta be rubbish. That's where OTU fitted in.
If you were scum, you would put a vote in the middle so you seem to be going along with the flow. However, scum
might
put it at the end because they know you're thinking along those lines. Or maybe they know you know that they would put it at the end or beginning because you know someone who is scummy would try to slip it in the middle. Or maybe they know that you know that they know that you know that they know that...

You completely speculate where a scum would put their vote. Yet if they know that the middle looks "most protown", and you therefore know that a scum may try to slip in under the radar, then they may put their vote at beginning or end because they know you're looking. But it's completely speculative, yet its the foundation of your supposed trap.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Raffles wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote: tried to deflect attention, and then withheld information on who he thought was scummy.
And just may I ask, why are these scummy? It might look scummy if I did it with no reason, but I gave an explanation for each one.

For the first, I've said it myself that this might look scummy, but I needed to mention what I observed. Having assumed that people are more or less finished with interrogating me, I didn't think it would be a problem to speak my observation.

I also think I gave a valid reason for witholding my scum list. I don't see why you would have a problem with it.
I'm not saying you didn't have a reason. Even scum haev a reason (and usually a 'public' reason too) for things they do. But trying to analyze a L-6 wagon based on votes in the middle of it the bandwagon is pretty hard work. And it could be applied to your pushing a "wagon (you) didn't believe in" to try to flush out scum; that's just covered in scumminess. Also, you've kept back information about your motivations several times (I don't want to say who I find scummy just yet", "Damnit why'd you have to spoil my trap" which look like a
lone wolf
loner trying to play the game their way instead of working with the town.

The more you reveal about your motivations, the more we have to analyze on you to tell if you are town or not. You've been very reticient about providing anything from your perspective, and the L-6 thing is weird enough to look manufactured to me. But you did answer both questions eventually, even though I missed the L-6 answer initially.
Retired as of October 2014.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Raffles »

Kison, I agree, but I always say in other games that everything on first day is a WIFOM. If we accuse everyone's accusation of being one, we wouldn't get anywhere.

To Mr. Flay
I still don't understand what I did so wrong that I have my ass tailed with at least three homing missiles. All I did was experiment with a few somethings new, which I admit it had just blown back into my face. If in "scum-hunting" rules that kind of thing requires a death warrant then go ahead, lynch me. But I personally think it's against the spirit of mafia. (This is posted in the game you are modding)
Woof!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:21 am

Post by XReyoX »

I agree with Mr. Flay that witholding thoughts would not be beneficial to the town unless it's really an ultimate plan, not the noobie trap we made. Firstly, it prevents people from telling whether you are town or scum, therefore increasing the chance of being lynch. In addition, it will waste the cop's night action and prevent a doc's protection. If you are not a vanilla, the lost would be even worst and might cost ourselves the game ( knowing the fact that most of us are town).

I also wanna say that (since the trap didn't quite work out now i think) my whole plan was to bombard someone who jumped on my wagon at the wrong time (OTU in this case), and hopefully someone will begin wagoning him. I'm not sure whether OTU voted me really because of the reason he gave but it's so damn obvious that voting someone because someone is annoying regardless of wether he's a scum will draw traumendous attention. knowing that i think a scum would never do it ( if i am one, that would be a trap I would have no chance of falling in). therefore, OTU building a wagon upon himself would allow other people from the town to speculate the people who is entering his wagon.
If things work out as i have wished, people who voted OTU, I believe, would have a higher chance of being scum. This is because the game has run for 8 or so pages at the time ( i can't remember exactly) and i think the scum might be eager to make a kill soon, knowing that the longer the game goes, the less likely the scums are going to win.

But sadly, the think all of this didn't work out cos most people just FOS him or something. I guess I won't try to make any scum-hunting strategies for a while now.

the whole of this post is purely for the people who might be interested in what i would have done if did work out. I guess the timing was wrong or the whole idea was rubbish ( but I'm trying to convince myself that it is just about the timing atm, i have actually put in great hope for it to work when i came up with it)
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Fuldu »

XReyoX wrote:I agree with Mr. Flay that witholding thoughts would not be beneficial to the town unless it's really an ultimate plan, not the noobie trap
we
made.
Emphasis mine

How was this a "we" plan? There are very few circumstances in which the two of you ought to have been collaborating, most of them bad.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Goon
Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Scarecrow »

Good point.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Fuldu wrote:
XReyoX wrote:I agree with Mr. Flay that witholding thoughts would not be beneficial to the town unless it's really an ultimate plan, not the noobie trap
we
made.
Emphasis mine

How was this a "we" plan? There are very few circumstances in which the two of you ought to have been collaborating, most of them bad.
Ah... maybe I've been writing to many journals and lab reports in the past years. Any plans, approach to work out something, methods or experiments always have to be written as "we did xxxx", "we planned to do xxxxxx"

My english is generally bad as well = =||| its my third, if not the forth, language.

I also consider that Kison and raffles have helped to push the wagon for it to work. Thats why I've used "we".
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by TBuG »

You're trying to hide your answer. It could be this, or it could be this, but I actually decided to do it because of this.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Akbar »

Assuming that wasn't a scummy "we," I hope you two being RL friends wouldn't be talking outside the thread. That would be very unsportmanlike.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Kison »

Actually, it would be against the rules.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Raffles »

We have discussed various mafia theories, but we had no discussion of this game. We may have come very close to the line at times, but I always stopped it before it got too far.
Woof!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by XReyoX »

PBuG wrote:You're trying to hide your answer. It could be this, or it could be this, but I actually decided to do it because of this.
Its all of the factors put together, not one or the other.
Akbar wrote:Assuming that wasn't a scummy "we," I hope you two being RL friends wouldn't be talking outside the thread. That would be very unsportmanlike.
Unless you consider telling each other to respond to posts, we didn't talk about any other things thats related to the game.

Raffles and I have talk about the mechanics of the game in general but not anything specific about anygame I'm playing in, is that not allowed? I'm sorry if its against the rule.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Fuldu »

XReyoX wrote:Unless you consider telling each other to respond to posts, we didn't talk about any other things thats related to the game.
I wouldn't consider it a serious offense, but this is probably inappropriate behavior. Consider the extra information you would have if Raffles started lurking in the game. All we can do is ask the mod to prod him and wait and see. If you are telling him to respond to posts, that means you have a better sense of the severity/deliberateness of his lurking than the rest of the players.

Obviously, it isn't always possible to avoid every form of this. If you knew he was sick, for example, that extra knowledge wouldn't be something I'd hold against you. But actively telling the player to participate seems a bit more active and avoidable than that.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by IH »

I will most definitely be rereading over the thread, as I feel detached from this game.

There may or may not be a giant IH post.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Actually, I realize that even without speaking to him, I'd know exactly when he's free and when he's online, therefore knowing when he should be posting. So being a lurker would almost be impossible. Knowing that a certain level of lurking is almost vital for a scum to place his vote or to post and mislead the town AT THE RIGHT TIMING. I would say being a RL friend with him would probably make his play much harder if he's a scum.

This is generally shifting the balance of the game.
I would like to see what the mod decides and what all other players think.
Before that I would not post ( as a game player) and if neccessary I would opt out if everyone think this is unfair since it is clearly giving an advantage to the town.
I would like to apologize for all this.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by remussaidow »

umm...

Everything I can say has already been said. Including the point I find most interesting, in that why the many possible reasons for the "we" from reyo?

That gets a serious, serious FoS.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by Akbar »

@Reyo

I don’t think we need to stop the game for rulings on you two playing together. As long as you know the rules, that’s good enough for me. It’s not like we’re playing for money or anything else worth cheating over.

That aside, I’m curious about post 233. I don’t follow where your suspicion is pointing to.

1st you pointed out how OTU jumping on the wagon was the likely “scum entry point.” This pointed to OTU. Now you’re saying that OTU’s maneuver was too scummy to be scummy, thus making the people wagoning him the opportunists. If the wagons are filled with opportunists, why bother splitting up the votes between him and raffles? Why not pile on 1 wagon?
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:20 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Akbar wrote:
1st you pointed out how OTU jumping on the wagon was the likely “scum entry point.” This pointed to OTU. Now you’re saying that OTU’s maneuver was too scummy to be scummy, thus making the people wagoning him the opportunists. If the wagons are filled with opportunists, why bother splitting up the votes between him and raffles? Why not pile on 1 wagon?
That's why I dun know what's going wrong. maybe i'm trying too hard to think about about the issue. i'm not suspecting of anyone right now cos the plan didnt work out.
remussaidow wrote:umm...

Everything I can say has already been said. Including the point I find most interesting, in that why the many possible reasons for the "we" from reyo?

That gets a serious, serious FoS.
Please reconsider your FOS. The reasons i gave are really what I think which made me use the "we" at the time i was typing. I dun analysis my own post 15million time to make sure its not scummy viewing in every single direction.

I hope that you would believe them or not believe them completely. If you are thinking that I'm making the reasons up and they are invalid, you are assumming that I've got a "we" plan and I've been planning on sumthing with someone outside the game. Then that would mean that I'm not adhering to the game rule ( either as a scum/ a town) (my role doesn't allow me to talk with someone in the day time). Therefore, i think you either pm the mod to find a solution to this if you dun believe in the reasons i gave, or treat it as I've used the word 'I" if you believe in them. FOSing me means you think i has been violating the game rules.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:18 am

Post by remussaidow »

no, reyo, FoSing means I think that you're part of an informed minority, be it scum or mason.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, thinking about it, a Mason group is highly likely in this game. Id be willing to bet money on it. Whether or not Reyox is a member is a different story...

remussaidow wrote:no, reyo, FoSing means I think that you're part of an informed minority, be it scum or mason.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”