Hall Monitor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Phoebus wrote:
Vote count:

1 Battle Mage (OverTheUnder)
1 IH (~N9V~)
2 Kison (Akbar, Battle Mage)
4 OverTheUnder (DrippingGoofball, Fuldu, Mastermind of Sin, Raffles)
6 Raffles (Der Hammer, Kison, Mr Flay, PBuG, Scarecrow, Wizardcat)

7 not voting

11 to lynch
Bringing it on new page.

Time zones and post frequency mean that vote counts might be on alternate pages.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Post by remussaidow »

Raffles, Kison, OtU, and reyo all seem to just be convienent targets right now. One of them is probably scum, yes, but theres no way to tell right now. Whoever said that BMs playstyle is drastically different, you're right, but I want to see him for a few more days before I decide that its enough to lynch him over.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:28 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

OTU seems very scummy at the moment-perhaps even more so than Kison. Of the two bandwagons, i think i know where im at. :)
Unvote, Vote: Overtheunder
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:27 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Fuldu wrote:The style isn't what's scummy. The style is just annoying. It's that the style is producing a decent amount of content that is scummy. For example, the two posts I quoted in the previous post were separated by about seven hours and offer two diametrically opposed views of Raffles' 'trap'. That's scummy behavior, in that it gives the impression of someone who doesn't really care about who's scum, but only about pushing along a bandwagon or sowing discord, however they think they can at the time.
Ar.. sorry if that annoys you. I think I should explain the change of my view. At first, I'm not interested in raffles trap and why he has voted. I was more focused on OTU's vote at that time. So I was trying to tell Kison and remu that it's not necessary to interrogate raffles since I dun think he will get anything out of it nor will it bring the game onto another state.

However, numerous threads follows, and somehow more and more people ( inc. scarecrow who voted in between my 2 posts) are interested in "The Raffles Trap". Therefore, I, at the moment, think that the trap deserve more explanation. If so many people wants to hear about it, there must be a reason, maybe someone has spotted something odd that I haven't noticed. The L-6 cropped up in my head a few more times again. I still think its unecessary for an explanation but people won't end this unless he do so.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by XReyoX »

OverTheUnder wrote:It confuses us that's why it's scummy in my opinion but like I said
I don't know if that's your newb-ishness showing or your intent
. But it seems to be mostly newbishness so Unvote.
Does this mean that :

1) you don't know wether i did it on purpose or i am just a noob

2) now you think i did it cos I'm a noob

I wanna say that if you didn't notice I'm a noob who always make noobish thread by the time I started hopping around, regardless of what I've been hammering into everyone's mind for many pages, then you probably have
very
bad judgment.

Also, what is making you think I "might not" be a noob before you voted but is making you think I'm a noob now? I dun think the post I'm making after you have voted are more noobish than the ones before.

Last but not least, are you trying to shift our attention to BM by starting calling him a lurker?

FOS : The fish
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:18 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

No I'm clearly stating that I don't know if you have prior experience with other sites, and games. Therefore saying I'm not sure if it's newb-ish qualities you're showing or if that's what you are trying to do on purpose. The second part is because I believe that you are showing more newb-ish qualities then experienced so it was the more likely situation that it was just newb-ishness showing than you actually trying to confuse us. In reference to Battle Mage's post you just want on a bandwagon, no actual reason? Just to vote me for the hell of it? Interesting.
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Twito »

I received role for this game yet it's not saying who am I replacing or something like that and I don't appear in the player list so I guess I'm not in..
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

are u suggesting that my vote was unfounded?
if so, you are very wrong. Not only did u commit the major scumtell of voting me for no reason, you have also been acting very scummy in this game so far.
BM

OverTheUnder wrote:No I'm clearly stating that I don't know if you have prior experience with other sites, and games. Therefore saying I'm not sure if it's newb-ish qualities you're showing or if that's what you are trying to do on purpose. The second part is because I believe that you are showing more newb-ish qualities then experienced so it was the more likely situation that it was just newb-ishness showing than you actually trying to confuse us. In reference to Battle Mage's post you just want on a bandwagon, no actual reason? Just to vote me for the hell of it? Interesting.
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:45 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

We were at the random voting stage, if I'm to blame for voting for no reason then so is everyone else because that's what it was, a random vote. If that's the basis for your vote on me then that's sorta weird, and if you're going to say it wasn't then you need to also consider loads of other people to be scum then aswell.
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

we arent at the random voting stage now. If your vote is still that undeveloped despite your activity in this game, i suggest you have a look at YOUR playstyle rather than mine. :P

OverTheUnder wrote:We were at the random voting stage, if I'm to blame for voting for no reason then so is everyone else because that's what it was, a random vote. If that's the basis for your vote on me then that's sorta weird, and if you're going to say it wasn't then you need to also consider loads of other people to be scum then aswell.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Der Hammer »

Unvote
for now, may put this back on but this was intially a joke vote and now he has a few.
You used to be alright
What happened?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:57 am

Post by theopor_COD »

The Raffles and Reyox early doors votes appear more to be two mates voting each other for the fun of it, I can't see much in any of it, more randomness. Reyox's continued postings, threat to claim and change of votes is annoying but all the same isn't a worthwhile reason to lynch him as IH pointed out. Some of the early votes on Reyox just seem to be moves to start a bandwagon namely IH and Al4xz again not overly scummy, but something to be wary off, because scum are as likely to be on the start of a bandwagon as they are at the end. It looks a helluva lot less suspicious at the start of a bandwagon than near the end.

Raffles seems to then stick up for Reyox and attacks PBug, I tend to side with PBug here, he did produce a reason for his vote on Reyox even if it was unclear but again not much in it anyhow. PBug later attacks Raffles for his continued argument over the lynch-6 plan, I just get the feeling Reyox and Raffles are a pair of annoying newbies and I'd wish newbies stopped playing the noob card it's a right royal pain in the ass, as it allows the scum to fester away in the background.

Some anal chat about Kison's avatar more random stuff, distractions maybe?

Raffles then revotes Reyox following a decent assessment of Reyox from Fuldu and then later claims he's done it as an elaborate plan to catch scum, Kison and OTU both seem overly happy to lynch Reyox quoting his a nuisance, OTU's vote is opportunisitc but again I'd be just as wary as the early ppl on Reyox's early wagon. OTU's assesment on Battle Mage is just as scummy, BM is a funny old player, but an improving one and again shouldn't be lynched because of his past mishaps. So there's a case for OTU being lynch happy, I don't really like the way OTU has unvoted Reyox and then turned his attention on BM for supposed lurking, fact is he's posted more than most, me included.

I'm not overly excited about Raffles theory on scum either as others have pointed out all the scum aren't going to jump on an easy wagon at once, chances are there more likely to let innocent townies hop on and then lynch them tomorrow. I think numbers wise there's so many possibilites so speculating on the make up of groups is slightly scummy, possible insider knowledge, more likely just something to raise discussion. I'm finding Scarecrow's hop on to the Raffles wagon slightly scummy aswell seems to just latch on to Flay's thoughts.

Anyway I'll hold off from voting, but early suspicions are with OTU and Scarecrow - Raffles and Reyox could be scum, could be town it's impossible to tell but I'm not convinced about anyone yet. I've also got a feeling MoS is scum but that's just a hunch.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Twito wrote:I received role for this game yet it's not saying who am I replacing or something like that and I don't appear in the player list so I guess I'm not in..
Try pming the mod...
Permanent V/LA.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:16 am

Post by Phoebus »

Twito is not replacing anyone here and has been PM'ed accordingly.

He's in the other game.

Oh well. Back to lynching!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:56 am

Right.
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

So where's Raffles? I notice he never really answered my question, tried to deflect attention, and then withheld information on who he thought was scummy.
Retired as of October 2014.
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:07 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

Battle Mage wrote:we arent at the random voting stage now. If your vote is still that undeveloped despite your activity in this game, i suggest you have a look at YOUR playstyle rather than mine. :P

Did you read anything I just said? Or are you just skimming my posts?
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:47 am

Post by XReyoX »

Mod
: could you
prod Spectrumvoid
please.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Raffles »

Mr. Flay, I've answered both of your questions. I'm not trying to avoid anything. :/

I take it you acknowledged the answer to question 1

Answer to question 2:
Raffles wrote: Probably the most crucial. 6 (or 4) scums do not know who each other are. They know their scum buddies, but they have no knowleddge of the other group. This makes it far more likely that a scum is going to turn up and push the wagon, especially if it is half way through (i.e. false sense of security that it would be okay to vote since it is not putting Reyo on lynch -1 or 2 or whatever).
Raffles wrote: It's simple, it's a halfway house. In a big game like this, if someone has got half the vote required then the person's orbiting on event horizon. Not many would question a possibility of lynch of someone who has built that many votes. This creates an ideal situation for scum who hasn't voted on that person yet. The lynchee has clearly done something questionable so placing a vote wouldn't look suspicious, but it's not placing the person on lynch -1 or 2. A safe vote.
Looking back, I concede that these takes a fair amount of assumption. But I do honestly believe that a scum would prefer this timing rather than beginning or the end. For that reason.
Woof!
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Raffles »

Mr. Flay wrote: tried to deflect attention, and then withheld information on who he thought was scummy.
And just may I ask, why are these scummy? It might look scummy if I did it with no reason, but I gave an explanation for each one.

For the first, I've said it myself that this might look scummy, but I needed to mention what I observed. Having assumed that people are more or less finished with interrogating me, I didn't think it would be a problem to speak my observation.

I also think I gave a valid reason for witholding my scum list. I don't see why you would have a problem with it.
Woof!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:22 am

Raffles wrote:Mr. Flay, I've answered both of your questions. I'm not trying to avoid anything. :/

Answer to question 2:
Raffles wrote: Probably the most crucial. 6 (or 4) scums do not know who each other are. They know their scum buddies, but they have no knowleddge of the other group. This makes it far more likely that a scum is going to turn up and push the wagon, especially if it is half way through (i.e. false sense of security that it would be okay to vote since it is not putting Reyo on lynch -1 or 2 or whatever).
Raffles wrote: It's simple, it's a halfway house. In a big game like this, if someone has got half the vote required then the person's orbiting on event horizon. Not many would question a possibility of lynch of someone who has built that many votes. This creates an ideal situation for scum who hasn't voted on that person yet. The lynchee has clearly done something questionable so placing a vote wouldn't look suspicious, but it's not placing the person on lynch -1 or 2. A safe vote.
Looking back, I concede that these takes a fair amount of assumption. But I do honestly believe that a scum would prefer this timing rather than beginning or the end. For that reason.
The funny thing about this is, if putting an early or late vote on someone is scummy, why would town want to do it? And if the middle is the most protown place, and therefore the most likely place for scum, what's to prevent scum from WIFOMing back into the beginning and end of the wagon?
Permanent V/LA.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Kison »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Raffles wrote:Mr. Flay, I've answered both of your questions. I'm not trying to avoid anything. :/

Answer to question 2:
The funny thing about this is, if putting an early or late vote on someone is scummy, why would town want to do it? And if the middle is the most protown place, and therefore the most likely place for scum, what's to prevent scum from WIFOMing back into the beginning and end of the wagon?
Quoted for beautiful truth.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:27 am

LoL, that's the best way to express a QFT that I've ever seen. Kison gets awesome points for that. (Note: These points cannot be redeemed in relation to the game at hand)
Permanent V/LA.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by Raffles »

No that's not it, my feeling is that anyone can put the vote at the beginning or the end. It's just that if I were a scum, I would feel safer by doing what I said. Also, the reason the guy gives gotta be rubbish. That's where OTU fitted in.
Woof!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:30 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

SV was busy, and now is sick. Details in V/LA.

If Phoebus wants to replace me I wouldn't be offended. High fever = probably non activity for a couple more days.
Blank.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”