Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well done, you have now put Raffles at -6 lynch.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:48 am

Post by XReyoX »

I'm not sure wether you people realize it or not, but spectrumvoid has not been here since the start of the game.

Mod, prod spectrumvoid please

He has been around the forum and has made 53 posts in total over these few days in other threads. Maybe he's forgotton he's in this game as well.

Unvote
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:49 am

Post by remussaidow »

that's entirely possible, actually.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:52 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Agreed, let's explore this avenue:

vote: OverTheUnder
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:58 am

Post by XReyoX »

Btw, I would like to ask how do you guys define a lurker?

If someone has logged in for 3 consecutives days but not post anything when the game obviously at a serious stage like now, is he a lurker?

what is the time length are we expecting. 3 days? 5 days? a week or longer?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SV may be lurking a bit, but its also true that he has excused his absence on another game we are both in. I think he will be back full time soon, but a prod wouldnt go amiss.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:11 am

Post by XReyoX »

I'm not trying to say that SV is lurking. I think it's more likely that he didn't know the game has started. I'm more concerned about other people who clearly showed activities in the forum but didn't post in this game. Since the game has kicked off, it deserves more attention. We need everyones opinion to get the game on the track.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Raffles »

The numbers of scum? Simple.

There are two teams.
It is unlikely that there are diffrent numbers in each scum team.
Therefore the total number of scums are even.
There are 21 in the game.
There must be multiple numbers in a scum team.
Then we have 6/21 or 4/21. It is unlikely 8/21, that's way too many.

Then I have to think about which one is more likely. My gut told me it is more likely to be 6/21. 2 people in scum team just sounds too little, considering the amount of variable roles that can be gained from putting two different mafia games together. So I went with 3 per team.
Woof!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:20 am

Post by XReyoX »

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.

~ William Shakespeare
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Kison »

XReyoX wrote:Hm... Kison, the way you lay your votes are a bit strange to me..

At first you vote me saying you've got legit reasons which include I'm trying to do trend thing, for scummy logic, and pretend to be innocent..etc..
Kison wrote:1) I used random.org

2) Although unusual, how does the "trend" look scummy?

3)
FoS : XReyoX
for BattleMage logic.
Kison wrote:Typical "you will be sorry when you realize I'm innocent" threat.
But now you've moved your vote onto raffles where the reason is:
Kison wrote:
Raffles wrote:What do I need to drive a point home? A sledgehammer?
Raffles wrote:Whether you believe it or not, I did it with full intention of catching a scum.
End of story.
Ok, so you can just say "end of story" and expect that everyone takes your word for it and moves on?

Horrible rebuttal.

Unvote

Vote : Raffles
Comparing the two, there is more sense to stick with your original vote rather than moving it onto raffles. You really should put your vote on sumeone you think is making the most serious scumtells and not who make the newest scumtell.
It's rather hypocritical for you to try to get on my case when you switched votes every other post a few pages back.

Raffles is a better candidate simply because he's more experienced and therefore would act more like scum in a traditional sense, wheras in your case, I have to factor in the fact that you're a new player and probably don't know how to act in whatever role you may be placed in.

Additionally, since you're a new player, lynching you is somewhat unlikely even if I was sure you were scum, as it'd be harder for others to pass up the same assessment which I described.
XReyoX wrote:The second point is that there isn't any point pushing raffles for making more explanation of his vote or challenge the post he made about L-6 and the halfway line.
Maybe he has nothing more to say. But spamming
END OF STORY
only makes him look desperate to end the discussion.
XReyoX wrote:You were constantly bashing me for being a scum since the very start of the game.
Wrong. I never called you a scum. I said you've been giving off scum-tells. There's a huge difference.
XReyoX wrote:After "the trap" thing, the tide clearly shifted its side on OTU and people were starting to unvote me. You gave me a feeling that since I no long have the wagon, you were trying to divert the attention onto someone else since you made the initial "get rid of Reyo cos he's annoying" post which is going to draw more and more attention.
First of all, I never said "get rid of reyo
because he's annoying
", so this is entirely incorrect. Go back and read what I actually said.

Secondly, were I really going for a bandwagon, I would have hopped on OTU's. However, I am weighing Raffles' and OTU's poor reasoning for voting, and I have to say that I find Raffles' response to dislike of his vote to be scummier than OTU's.
XReyoX wrote:In addition, i believe that raffles dun have to give an explaination to his vote in the first place
It is always a good idea to give reason for your votes, especially in the case of a bandwagon. Regardless, he gave one.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:34 am

Post by Akbar »

Kison wrote:First of all, I never said "get rid of reyo
because he's annoying
Is this the phrase in question?
Kison wrote:May we please rid ourselves of this nuisance?
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:43 am

Post by XReyoX »

Ar.... I understand most of your points now. Just a few things.
Kison wrote: Wrong. I never called you a scum. I said you've been giving off scum-tells. There's a huge difference.
What is the difference. I see them as exactly the same. :?
Kison wrote: First of all, I never said "get rid of reyo
because he's annoying
you said " May us
rid
ourselves of this
nuisance
" I think the
nuisance
= me. and
rid
= lynch . I can't think of any other way to get rid of someone other than killing him. so i'm still a lil confused.
Kison wrote: Secondly, were I really going for a bandwagon, I would have hopped on OTU's. However, I am weighing Raffles' and OTU's poor reasoning for voting, and I have to say that I find Raffles' response to dislike of his vote to be scummier than OTU's.
I was thinking about this while writing my post but i forgot to mention it when i was working through it. I was also trying to say you were diverting the attention to somewhere else and was avoiding to comment on OTU's vote.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Kison »

Akbar wrote:
Kison wrote:First of all, I never said "get rid of reyo
because he's annoying
Is this the phrase in question?
Kison wrote:May we please rid ourselves of this nuisance?
Yes it is. I never said to rid of him because he is a nuisance. I simply said he was one. My reasons for voting for him were already stated prior to that post.
XReyoX wrote:
Kison wrote: Wrong. I never called you a scum. I said you've been giving off scum-tells. There's a huge difference.
What is the difference. I see them as exactly the same. :?
A scum-tell is something you do that is indicative towards you being scum. It is by no means certainty that you're scum.
XReyoX wrote:
Kison wrote: First of all, I never said "get rid of reyo
because he's annoying
you said " May us
rid
ourselves of this
nuisance
" I think the
nuisance
= me. and
rid
= lynch . I can't think of any other way to get rid of someone other than killing him. so i'm still a lil confused.
See my response to Akbar.
XReyoX wrote:
Kison wrote: Secondly, were I really going for a bandwagon, I would have hopped on OTU's. However, I am weighing Raffles' and OTU's poor reasoning for voting, and I have to say that I find Raffles' response to dislike of his vote to be scummier than OTU's.
I was thinking about this while writing my post but i forgot to mention it when i was working through it. I was also trying to say you were diverting the attention to somewhere else and was avoiding to comment on OTU's vote.
Is that the nice way of saying you think I'm his scum-buddy? :lol:
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:57 am

Post by XReyoX »

No you are very unlike to be his scum buddy cos you both agreed at the same idea in 2 consecutive post. Therefore if someone is suspecting OTU, they will pay more attention to you as well.

You might have a scum-detecting device sticking out of your head but we are not mind readers, so things that are obvious to you might not be obvious to other people, especially me.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:04 am

Post by XReyoX »

Kison wrote:Yes it is. I never said to rid of him because he is a nuisance. I simply said he was one. My reasons for voting for him were already stated prior to that post.
OMG! I understand now!!

So you meant.

A) Let us get rid of Reyo.. because bla bla bla... for all the reasons you've given before.

B) Btw, I think Reyo is a nuisance.

And those two sentence are completely non-related. am I right?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Kison »

You got it. I didn't think it'd take three explanations to get across. ;)
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:29 am

Post by XReyoX »

Fair enough. But you should admit that your post was utterly misleading.

Now let's wait for
1) raffles explanation to his ridiculous L-6 plan and how did he really think it would work out. ( the halfway line thingy still make me laugh every time I read it).

2) OTU's explanation for his vote.
OverTheUnder wrote:Yes, Reyo that's quite annoying to vote hope and just say random crap it gets the game nowhere. I have to agree with Kison let's get ourselves rid of the nuisance.
Vote Reyo
you basicly said i'm a nuisance and lets get rid of me because of this.
OverTheUnder wrote:I voted Reyo for his confusion tactics, vote hopping, and just trying in general to confuse us.
It's not because he's a nuisance
more that he's trying to get us all mixed up.
then after that you said its not because i'm a nuisance.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:44 am

Post by XReyoX »

OverTheUnder wrote:Yes,
Reyo that's quite annoying
to vote hope and just say random crap it gets the game nowhere. I have to agree with Kison let's get ourselves rid of the nuisance.
Vote Reyo
Sorry, forgotton to quote the word "annoying" in my last post.

To me, being annoying = a nuisance.
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:15 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

OverTheUnder wrote:Yes, Reyo that's quite annoying to vote hope and just say random crap it gets the game nowhere. I have to agree with Kison let's get ourselves rid of the nuisance.
Vote Reyo
XReyoX wrote:you basicly said i'm a nuisance and lets get rid of me because of this.
You misunderstood, you read that part seperate not as a whole with everything else the "random crap" part was meant to be understood as you tried to confuse us and I don't know if that's because you're new or it was meant to confuse us.
OverTheUnder wrote:I voted Reyo for his confusion tactics, vote hopping, and just trying in general to confuse us.
It's not because he's a nuisance
more that he's trying to get us all mixed up.
XReyoX wrote:then after that you said its not because i'm a nuisance.
Once again you misunderstood me. Read my post as a whole not just as that one part.
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Raffles »

Shit, you asked about lynch -6 too? I missed that.

But I thought we ended our ways with both Kison and I being a stubborn arse because we are both too immature to stop making snide comments? What is anything I'm about to say going to convince otherwise? :S

Aaaaanyhow, if you want me to explain it, I think I shall...
It's simple, it's a halfway house. In a big game like this, if someone has got half the vote required then the person's orbiting on event horizon. Not many would question a possibility of lynch of someone who has built that many votes. This creates an ideal situation for scum who hasn't voted on that person yet. The lynchee has clearly done something questionable so placing a vote wouldn't look suspicious, but it's not placing the person on lynch -1 or 2. A safe vote.

Anyway you can count on me not to scheme something like that again, I've been backfired with an ugly side of human nature...

And Kison
Kison wrote: Raffles is a better candidate simply because he's more experienced and therefore would act more like scum in a traditional sense, wheras in your case, I have to factor in the fact that you're a new player and probably don't know how to act in whatever role you may be placed in.
That's a most
ridiculous
assumption. Sure, I was/am in 5 games, but my cumulutive day count amounts to the grand total of
2days
. How the heck would I know how to act a scum "traditionally", assuming there is such a thing.
Woof!
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Raffles »

I also find it amusing, that an obnoxious town play gets more votes than an outright blatant scummy play. I'll make a mental note of this.
Woof!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:41 am

Post by XReyoX »

OTU's and raffles reasoning is far too above my brain capacity to analysis. Kison's thinking took him 3 posts to reach me already and I feel otus and raffles reason will requirement then 30 posts to get across for me.

I'll leave other people to think about them . >_<. I'll keep my vote until something significant will happen.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Kison »

Raffles wrote:That's a most
ridiculous
assumption.
I assumed nothing.
Raffles wrote:Sure, I was/am in 5 games, but my cumulutive day count amounts to the grand total of
2days
. How the heck would I know how to act a scum "traditionally", assuming there is such a thing.
Two days of play time is a LOT more than starting fresh as a newbie. You've had the opportunity to interact with scum while XReyoX has not. That's plenty of reason to think that you'd have a better idea of how to act as scum than someone like him who's going to have no idea at all what to do.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:58 am

Post by TBuG »

Unvote, Vote Raffles

You don't use logical arguments. No, you don't need a sledgehammer to drive a point home, you need a point.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Raffles »

Kison wrote: therefore would act more like scum in a traditional sense,
I would call this an assumption. Even if I was a scum, I could act radically. I have no idea what you are on about by "tradional scum".

And no, I have not have had much of a chance to interact with someone who I know is a scum. Yes there had been one, but she's been largely lynched on the basis of being lurkish and non-commital.

PBuG, if you are going to attack my lack of logic then use one yourself and tear me apart please. Stating that on it's own will give me no chance to defend myself.
Woof!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”