Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 299, Garmr wrote:
No a omgus is saying your case sucks with out providing points. I have provided reasoning behind all my cases which you just cover your ears and go lalalalalala.
I have tried to find this reasoning. Truly. Maybe I'll have better luck in this post. In any case I'm replying in full detail to it, because I see full what you're doing. Your is a non-structured ball of half-sentences that is extremely difficult to reply to without wasting at least half an hour. And you wonder why I cherry-pick...
But I'm spending a lonely evening in my hotel room so you're out of luck :mrgreen:. It's harvesting time and this cherry bush is getting raped.
Your response to my vote on you was completely full of emotion and you probably didn't expect it.
You're talking about , right? Full of emotion, yes, if you stopped reading after the first three words of that post. And didn't expect what? An OMGUS of these proportions? No, you're right, I didn't expect that. You may keep saying OMGUS is not a scumtell, and granted, in itself it isn't and people do it all the time. But yours is bad because your arguments are bad.
But it's not just emotion. What follows after the three words is me laying out why your vote is terrible. Why your particular OMGUS is scummy. But you go, how did you put it, "lalalala"? "lalalalala, omgus is not a scumtell anymore gimme something else lalalala".
Let me summarize it for you, in an effort to both get a decent reply, as well as for others, to unclog what you're clogging up by splitting hairs.
The essence of 183, for which I'll have to refer to again:

1. The "hypocrisy"-argument. This one has been empasized by you, and was meant as an afterthought by me. Nonetheless, at the time I called you a hypocrite there was very little indication your vote on amethyst was based on anything but some previous game. You stated repeatedly you liked where put your vote ever since RVS without a clear argumentation trajectory. The only thing one can discern is the 1vs1 with someone Amethyst seems to consider town, but it's plain to see for anyone this can hardly be called an argument, even at the time. Scum wouldn't go on a 1v1 they proclaimed town, and neither would town. Nobody would. You decided to take Amethyst's statement literally to such an extent in after the fact, when saying to me that your vote was there for other reasons than previous game experience.

2. And this will address a point you ask for here below: talk about previous games. This point should be split up in two points as well, A and B.

2.A. The value of talking about a previous game in the case of BigTerp - pieguyn - myself
Like I said before, we just got out of a game together, where the three of us reached LyLo. We were reading eachother's posts for a month, right before this game started. Of course you get a feel of each other more easily under these circumstances, or at least one cane xpect it to. It should go without saying really. All three of us were town in that previous game, and the slightest difference in play here could hint at a different alignment within the trio.
The discussion was interesting. I'm not going to pull out quotes, simply because it's tedious. You don't need quotes to realize the following:
We each gave our views on each other, and one thing we agreed on: pieguyn looks very town. I needed that list clarified first, but right now I see no reason to wonder about pieguyn. He's playing just like before (maybe even a tad more proactive). This feeling is backed-up by both me and BigTerp. This is valuable.
The read on BigTerp is trickier, at least for me. After all, we did need a cop investigation to find out BigTerp's alignment for sure. I'm not sure if I wouldn't have found him suspect if he hadn't been checked. From what I can see, he was behaving similarly to the previous game as well, but here there's less certainty, from both pieguyn and myself. This is also valuable, these doubts mean something could be up.
The read on me, well, not my place to talk about it, BigTerp seems conflicted and has me as null (feels like the same thing I have with him), pieguyn hasn't beenv ery clear on how he reads me but following the discussion I see he feels my point in a way only someone who seems to trust me could feel it.

2.B. Your comment about this past game-talk.
This was a bad comment to make, first of all because it was untimely, second because it allowed you to continue into your sideline-commenting and gaining general appraisal for saying something that seems so sensible at first sight. You closing it off with some token of modesty is just the cherry of overacting as mister goodiegood I picked to put on top of the cake.
I'll get into more detail when it comes to this point once we start talking about your A and B scenarios, because I can more clearly illustrate in that context why your comment was so bad.

3. You bringing up shit about me that occurred before my vote on you but only chose to point out afterwards.
This shows your reactionary way of playing. You don't scumhunt. You look for dirt on who attacked you and throw it in his face. That's OMGUS, and damn right it's the scummy kind.

4. Pieguyn's list and my comments on it.
The dead horse. I really don't feel like going over this yet again, but I must.

In closing I want to bring up some lines from your that show clearly you're reaching (lines in italics were proclaimed by Garmr):

-
"Also i'm not getting lost in the past game unlike"

I guess this was meant to say "unlike you". So what you're saying here is I got lost in the past game. But I never did such a thing. I never got lost. The discussion had barely started, we were exchanging views on eachother, comparing to the previous game. THAT'S IT!!

-
"Yes reading meta is interesting but continuing to talk about the a past game with out using it in context to recent plays is just what you said stifling possibly interesting discussion and insights. So what your proposing is to continue being stuck in the past game wasting precious time. No this wrong."

An inflated argument if I ever saw one. I did not "continue to talk about a past game". I did not "propose to continue being stuck". And I sure as hell didn't waste precious time. What were you doing during this precious time? Oh yes, "you had said nothing about everyone except 3 people" (cfr. below) and some sideline comment on gamestate.

-
"You pretty much skipped the rvs phase not that is bad but you claim Slandaar is fluffier than you remember."

I can't even discern an argument in there, but you made it a seperate paragraph so I guess there must be? Yes, Slandaar looked very playful and I didn't know what to make of it. Last time I played with him (ohnoes, here I go again) he ot down to business more rapidly, also in the neighborhood QT we had at the time. It surprised me that in a game like this, with a pressing deadline, he seemed to be taking it all rather easy.
Did I address your non-existent point now?

-
"Your case in 78 is pretty bad and pretty much saying because he speculated three scum he knows the set up is what your basically saying."

Yes, basically that's what the idea was that was playing around in my mind. I never called it a case though. But I always find it striking when people talk about set-ups in such a way that it seems they're taking the set-up as a given. This is a closed set-up game. There's no reason at all why anyone should be treating setups as a given, no matter what norms are out and about. When they do, an alarm bells rings. It rang with Desperado, and it resonated with me. (note: pieguyn has made clear this was a reference to the previous game, one that I had missed but one that had cleared up my suspicions in this regard)

-
"Then when Slandaar replies 3 is the norm your next post focus's on discrediting him that's pretty bad in itself."

First of all: this is not an argument. This is giving information, and then adding "that's pretty bad", to it. My focus did not change. It's not about the amount of scum being 3 or not. It's not about pieguyn being correct or not. It's about what I spoke about rearlier: the proclamation of speculation as fact. Because that's how it sounded. I never shifted focus.

-
"But your making such a uproar about pieguy yet you pretty much vote TSO with out reasoning in the same freaking post."

My reasoning for voting T S O was to be found in my ISO and was reminiscent of what I had blamed Slandaar for doing. This was a vote to get a response from T S O (which I got, you'll never guess what it was). I knew pieguyn would be responding anyway, given the arguments were concrete and coming from different angles.
Also before that I had said nothing about everyone except 3 people and the only scum read was null-scum.
Thank you for proving my point about you having stuck to the sideline before I called you out. What should be added though, as it makes matters even worse: Your only scumread was null-scum based on a NON-argument.
And now you're mister happy-wall aren't you? Scum found a tunnel to dig through.
I have said Many times why continuing the last game convo was bad. But now instead of me defending myself for my opinion which not alignment indicative. How about it's time you argue with my points instead of cherry picking bits of what I say. Also that that all i do is ramble on about it is because you fucking keep pressing me about it and it's the main bit of your case against me.
Urgh. Trying to distill the core message of this. You're saying I'm cherry pickin? Funny, because that's what I accused you of doing (emphasizing the hypocrisy-argument). I see you'll enumerate which argument I left unadressed here below. Very curious.
Are you naturally just thick
Down boy :roll:
First explain to me why a opinion about the environment is alignment indicative. I think you also have to realize everyone thinks differently and not everyone thinks the same about certain things.
Oh, so this is merely a matter of diverging opinions then is it? Then why would you vote me over it?
But no, this is not about a difference of opinion and you know full well it isn't. That last line is bullshit plain and simple.
And why your opinion on the environment is alignment indiciative? Precisely for the reason why you seem to think it isn't: it's a perfectly safe statement to make as scum. You comment about the weather, everyone agrees with you, all joy and merriment. But by talking about the weather people don't find out who you are. I hate people talking about the weather all the time. They're either stupid, or they have something to hide (or it's their job, but you're not an Inexperienced Challenged Player and this ain't a newbie game).
2nd
You have to prove why the environment is beneficial for town and disprove all the points I have made about how scum can hide in it. How getting caught up in the past game with out comparing it to plays in this game and just talking about it generally is town and has absoutly no scum benefits.
I've had more fun assignments in History class.
Scum could hide in it, just like how they hide in fluff. Yet this did not occur here. Why would I disprove your theoretical points? They're right, IN THEORY. The problem with your theory is: IT DOES NOT APPLY HERE. Yet you insist it does, all in an effort to call me obvscum.
Also you have to provide scum motivation for wanting to get involved in the game instead of sitting back and letting the day pass by with nothing to gain.
Are you talking about yourself now? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You were NOT involved in the game, and that sideline comment seemed to hint at you not having any desire to do so. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!

In post 187, Garmr wrote:2 You told me my view was wrong. I told you why my view was right. Like I said if we don't use it in context with this game like comparing behaviors and actions they done then it just becomes worthless fluff.

Scenario A. x"You did this last game player y and then did it again this game.
(In context)

Scenario B player x"Wow you totally had me fooled last game."
player y "Yeh i know man that was an awesome game"
Player x "That play player z made wow"

Get my point I feel like we were heading for a scenario B
In your last sentence you say you think we were heading for scenario B. And this is what makes your entire OMGUS so scummy,b ecause if you remember 130, there you said we were already in scenario B. Hence your comment was untimely. Yet you tried to make it sound relevant by claiming "I was stuck in a previous game and proclaiming we should continue to be in this state of affairs". It's a misrep. And you made a shift.

At the point of your intervention we were still all merrily in scenario A.

Also, even if it were scenario B, it would be fluff and that never lasts forever and, to use your own words, fluff "isn't necessarily a scumtell". Yet you made it one, all in an effort to back-up your OMGUS-vote.
3rd you have to prove it was scenario A using posts. It also must be the players that were in the past games so none of those throw away things like the joke rvs read. Which I already explained is null and if you want to use that you have to disprove all my reasoning on that to that.
No, I'll simply refer to what I said above. You giving me tedious assignments seems just like your way of discouraging me and I'm not playing along. Everyone can see for themselves what posts were made and can look at this post and see what I'm saying is correct.
So if you want to continue that part of the case on me (The bulk) Answer all that or I won't even bother responding.
Consider it done.
On a side note if you can't make heads or tails of my arguments it's because your stubborn and refuse to.
No, it's because you lack posting skills. Your posts are like a thick forest of random thoughts. It's difficult to cut through all that crap.
I bet when you do actually land a town role mafia has a field day with you.
I wouldn't count on it. We'll be in touch.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I'm already looking forward to Majiffy's comments on this latest wall :mrgreen:
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:48 am

Post by BigTerp »

Jesus christ!! I'm with Majiffy on this one, didn't read it.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I hope someone will. I'll shut up for a while, you can consider that wall a collection of the twenty posts I would have made if it hadn't been for the energy invested in the wall.

And I'm an entertaining writer. It will be fun!
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:53 am

Post by BigTerp »

Would like to hear back from AK before we line up revving our engines and some scantily dressed floozy drops her scarf for the start. Still some questions out that I'm anxious to hear AK's answers to.

Not sure what to do?!?! My NOS bottle is empty, I'm going to be fucked come race time. I think Grim huffed it all before he made that giant wall post!!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:05 am

Post by T S O »

mmggghhh

I'm a real stickler for townwalls, I'll admit. Time to read.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:08 am

Post by T S O »

Okay, I quickskimmed. It seems to all add up.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

I have my town that I had announced

And then there was desp right under that

Garmr and Jiffy were null, mala had jiffy as maybe scum but O saw enough town intent there to not fully agree with

And then telo as maybe scum but I am not confident in reading her and I have never read jerk correctly

And then there was groove and Terp. Grooves reaction to me changing my read on home suddenly easy strange in a townis sorta way and the one game I recall having with terp, she was pretty town early on. The fact that I don't have that yet this game is pretty disturbing, but looking at her reaction (her being a VT, while still wond ring if I still have some sorta power evvej after I said I didn't) makes me feel like I made the right choice

And no, I didn't know that the deadline would be extended.

Unfortunately, I am reduced to a phone for the duration of this phase so my content the rest of this day is limited.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Oh TSO is nulltown, and window has done enouj sine i pressured him to be town, and marquis I couldn't challenge cuz con mafia
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 303, Grimgroove wrote:I hope someone will. I'll shut up for a while, you can consider that wall a collection of the twenty posts I would have made if it hadn't been for the energy invested in the wall.

And I'm an entertaining writer. It will be fun!
I read the whole thing and my head hurts from all of the furious nodding I did.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:07 am

Post by T S O »

Agreed. It's a very good wall.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Generic »

When it becomes relevant to do so I will tackle it grimmy, promise.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:28 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 307, Amethyst Kitty wrote:I have my town that I had announced

And then there was desp right under that

Garmr and Jiffy were null, mala had jiffy as maybe scum but O saw enough town intent there to not fully agree with

And then telo as maybe scum but I am not confident in reading her and I have never read jerk correctly

And then there was groove and Terp. Grooves reaction to me changing my read on home suddenly easy strange in a townis sorta way and the one game I recall having with terp, she was pretty town early on. The fact that I don't have that yet this game is pretty disturbing, but looking at her reaction (her being a VT, while still wond ring if I still have some sorta power evvej after I said I didn't) makes me feel like I made the right choice

And no, I didn't know that the deadline would be extended.

Unfortunately, I am reduced to a phone for the duration of this phase so my content the rest of this day is limited.
You made the wrong choice for sure. I think my lack of content over the weekend helped to keep you from reading me as town. My own fault though.

I don't remember you saying you didn't have any other abilities after challenging me. Was a relevant question.

The reason I asked if you knew the deadline would be extended was because if you had known you certainly jumped the gun to calling me out. If you didn't know, then it just confirms my read that your also town.

At least this will get me out of causing anymore confusion. I was starting to get some votes my way. Probably would have continued day 2.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:49 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

VOTECOUNT DAY 1 NUMBER 7

amethyst kitty (3) - telo garmr terp
bigterp (5) - kitty grimgroove desperdao marquis generic

not voting - tso majiffy slandaar windblown pieguy
there are 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

deadline is in (expired on 2013-10-22 10:00:00)
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Windblown
Windblown
Goon
Windblown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Windblown »

Alright, AK's answer satisfies me.

VOTE: BigTerp
(this is L-1 btw)

I missed this the first time going through but Telo what's the reason for your vote?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Generic »

In post 250, Telo wrote:had a response post and didn't save it when the thread locked :mad: #1 reason my vote was on Marquis. Will rewrite later but for now

VOTE: Amethyst Kitty
No reason was ever actually given.

But interestingly the post before that vote had telo's current reads:
In post 245, Telo wrote:ok my reads so far

Town:

Grim
reads town to me. When somebody says something off the wall about me and I'm looking around like - does no one else see this shit?- Are we playing the same game? That just strikes me as a very town reaction.

TSO

Generic
yes, I was pushing for some commitment, it seemed like a long time coming but once we got there it was worth it.

Null

Slandar
Marquis

Confused

I have no idea what to think of Desp... as I was doing my first read through I had him in the town pile but post and others have me wtf'ing.

Mafia

Gamr
Pie
I don't want my vote to get confused with an OMGUS vote. But it sticks out pretty blatantly in post when you say that you're voting me to sheep Generic when he isn't even voting me until . That's a blatantly opportunistic vote and it sets off warning bells.

The reason my vote is on Marquis instead of Pie is because I really was looking for a fast paced game. I have no idea Marquis' alignment because there's nothing to go on except the "catching up" and then nothing. I'd rather vote Pie but I'm willing to cut Marquis if it helps the game momentum.

I'm on Pacific time but I will be around all night for developments.
No read at all on either AK or big terp.

Yet no explannation given for choosing AK...
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Marquis »

Telo is whiteknighting likely I will read later
link in bio
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Generic »

In post 151, Marquis wrote:pokemon y is super addicting.

catching up bbl
In post 251, Marquis wrote:prod received, hectic weekend

somebody tell me why we can only vote for these kids i guess i missed it

no i didn't catch up yet stfu
In post 259, Marquis wrote:well i wasn't sure if amy was joking or not but judging by the explanation it's prob not

VOTE: terp

yeah yeah opportunistic yeah yeah haven't read terp's posts yeah yeah whatever i'm not lynching a proven power that's too self-endangering to be scum

pedit yeah yeah yeahs
In post 316, Marquis wrote:Telo is whiteknighting likely I will read later

Tell and marquis are definite scum. The amount of fluff posting is ridiculous from marquis, and the self awareness finale sealed that.

I just hope my read on big terp was right too, his offering up the T/S list seemed township until I realised he was fighting to overturn the wave of votes that was heading his way.... We shall see.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by Marquis »

I'm sorry that making short posts is a sign of scum to you because you're refusing to treat each player individually. go back to open 510
In post 308, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Oh TSO is nulltown, and window has done enouj sine i pressured him to be town, and marquis I couldn't challenge cuz con mafia
explain me
link in bio
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 300, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 299, Garmr wrote:
No a omgus is saying your case sucks with out providing points. I have provided reasoning behind all my cases which you just cover your ears and go lalalalalala.
I have tried to find this reasoning. Truly. Maybe I'll have better luck in this post. In any case I'm replying in full detail to it, because I see full what you're doing. Your is a non-structured ball of half-sentences that is extremely difficult to reply to without wasting at least half an hour. And you wonder why I cherry-pick...
But I'm spending a lonely evening in my hotel room so you're out of luck :mrgreen:. It's harvesting time and this cherry bush is getting raped.
Your response to my vote on you was completely full of emotion and you probably didn't expect it.
You're talking about , right? Full of emotion, yes, if you stopped reading after the first three words of that post. And didn't expect what? An OMGUS of these proportions? No, you're right, I didn't expect that. You may keep saying OMGUS is not a scumtell, and granted, in itself it isn't and people do it all the time. But yours is bad because your arguments are bad.
But it's not just emotion. What follows after the three words is me laying out why your vote is terrible. Why your particular OMGUS is scummy. But you go, how did you put it, "lalalala"? "lalalalala, omgus is not a scumtell anymore gimme something else lalalala".
Let me summarize it for you, in an effort to both get a decent reply, as well as for others, to unclog what you're clogging up by splitting hairs.
The essence of 183, for which I'll have to refer to again:

1. The "hypocrisy"-argument. This one has been empasized by you, and was meant as an afterthought by me. Nonetheless, at the time I called you a hypocrite there was very little indication your vote on amethyst was based on anything but some previous game. You stated repeatedly you liked where put your vote ever since RVS without a clear argumentation trajectory. The only thing one can discern is the 1vs1 with someone Amethyst seems to consider town, but it's plain to see for anyone this can hardly be called an argument, even at the time. Scum wouldn't go on a 1v1 they proclaimed town, and neither would town. Nobody would. You decided to take Amethyst's statement literally to such an extent in after the fact, when saying to me that your vote was there for other reasons than previous game experience.

2. And this will address a point you ask for here below: talk about previous games. This point should be split up in two points as well, A and B.

2.A. The value of talking about a previous game in the case of BigTerp - pieguyn - myself
Like I said before, we just got out of a game together, where the three of us reached LyLo. We were reading eachother's posts for a month, right before this game started. Of course you get a feel of each other more easily under these circumstances, or at least one cane xpect it to. It should go without saying really. All three of us were town in that previous game, and the slightest difference in play here could hint at a different alignment within the trio.
The discussion was interesting. I'm not going to pull out quotes, simply because it's tedious. You don't need quotes to realize the following:
We each gave our views on each other, and one thing we agreed on: pieguyn looks very town. I needed that list clarified first, but right now I see no reason to wonder about pieguyn. He's playing just like before (maybe even a tad more proactive). This feeling is backed-up by both me and BigTerp. This is valuable.
The read on BigTerp is trickier, at least for me. After all, we did need a cop investigation to find out BigTerp's alignment for sure. I'm not sure if I wouldn't have found him suspect if he hadn't been checked. From what I can see, he was behaving similarly to the previous game as well, but here there's less certainty, from both pieguyn and myself. This is also valuable, these doubts mean something could be up.
The read on me, well, not my place to talk about it, BigTerp seems conflicted and has me as null (feels like the same thing I have with him), pieguyn hasn't beenv ery clear on how he reads me but following the discussion I see he feels my point in a way only someone who seems to trust me could feel it.

2.B. Your comment about this past game-talk.
This was a bad comment to make, first of all because it was untimely, second because it allowed you to continue into your sideline-commenting and gaining general appraisal for saying something that seems so sensible at first sight. You closing it off with some token of modesty is just the cherry of overacting as mister goodiegood I picked to put on top of the cake.
I'll get into more detail when it comes to this point once we start talking about your A and B scenarios, because I can more clearly illustrate in that context why your comment was so bad.

3. You bringing up shit about me that occurred before my vote on you but only chose to point out afterwards.
This shows your reactionary way of playing. You don't scumhunt. You look for dirt on who attacked you and throw it in his face. That's OMGUS, and damn right it's the scummy kind.

4. Pieguyn's list and my comments on it.
The dead horse. I really don't feel like going over this yet again, but I must.

In closing I want to bring up some lines from your that show clearly you're reaching (lines in italics were proclaimed by Garmr):

-
"Also i'm not getting lost in the past game unlike"

I guess this was meant to say "unlike you". So what you're saying here is I got lost in the past game. But I never did such a thing. I never got lost. The discussion had barely started, we were exchanging views on eachother, comparing to the previous game. THAT'S IT!!

-
"Yes reading meta is interesting but continuing to talk about the a past game with out using it in context to recent plays is just what you said stifling possibly interesting discussion and insights. So what your proposing is to continue being stuck in the past game wasting precious time. No this wrong."

An inflated argument if I ever saw one. I did not "continue to talk about a past game". I did not "propose to continue being stuck". And I sure as hell didn't waste precious time. What were you doing during this precious time? Oh yes, "you had said nothing about everyone except 3 people" (cfr. below) and some sideline comment on gamestate.

-
"You pretty much skipped the rvs phase not that is bad but you claim Slandaar is fluffier than you remember."

I can't even discern an argument in there, but you made it a seperate paragraph so I guess there must be? Yes, Slandaar looked very playful and I didn't know what to make of it. Last time I played with him (ohnoes, here I go again) he ot down to business more rapidly, also in the neighborhood QT we had at the time. It surprised me that in a game like this, with a pressing deadline, he seemed to be taking it all rather easy.
Did I address your non-existent point now?

-
"Your case in 78 is pretty bad and pretty much saying because he speculated three scum he knows the set up is what your basically saying."

Yes, basically that's what the idea was that was playing around in my mind. I never called it a case though. But I always find it striking when people talk about set-ups in such a way that it seems they're taking the set-up as a given. This is a closed set-up game. There's no reason at all why anyone should be treating setups as a given, no matter what norms are out and about. When they do, an alarm bells rings. It rang with Desperado, and it resonated with me. (note: pieguyn has made clear this was a reference to the previous game, one that I had missed but one that had cleared up my suspicions in this regard)

-
"Then when Slandaar replies 3 is the norm your next post focus's on discrediting him that's pretty bad in itself."

First of all: this is not an argument. This is giving information, and then adding "that's pretty bad", to it. My focus did not change. It's not about the amount of scum being 3 or not. It's not about pieguyn being correct or not. It's about what I spoke about rearlier: the proclamation of speculation as fact. Because that's how it sounded. I never shifted focus.

-
"But your making such a uproar about pieguy yet you pretty much vote TSO with out reasoning in the same freaking post."

My reasoning for voting T S O was to be found in my ISO and was reminiscent of what I had blamed Slandaar for doing. This was a vote to get a response from T S O (which I got, you'll never guess what it was). I knew pieguyn would be responding anyway, given the arguments were concrete and coming from different angles.
Also before that I had said nothing about everyone except 3 people and the only scum read was null-scum.
Thank you for proving my point about you having stuck to the sideline before I called you out. What should be added though, as it makes matters even worse: Your only scumread was null-scum based on a NON-argument.
And now you're mister happy-wall aren't you? Scum found a tunnel to dig through.
I have said Many times why continuing the last game convo was bad. But now instead of me defending myself for my opinion which not alignment indicative. How about it's time you argue with my points instead of cherry picking bits of what I say. Also that that all i do is ramble on about it is because you fucking keep pressing me about it and it's the main bit of your case against me.
Urgh. Trying to distill the core message of this. You're saying I'm cherry pickin? Funny, because that's what I accused you of doing (emphasizing the hypocrisy-argument). I see you'll enumerate which argument I left unadressed here below. Very curious.
Are you naturally just thick
Down boy :roll:
First explain to me why a opinion about the environment is alignment indicative. I think you also have to realize everyone thinks differently and not everyone thinks the same about certain things.
Oh, so this is merely a matter of diverging opinions then is it? Then why would you vote me over it?
But no, this is not about a difference of opinion and you know full well it isn't. That last line is bullshit plain and simple.
And why your opinion on the environment is alignment indiciative? Precisely for the reason why you seem to think it isn't: it's a perfectly safe statement to make as scum. You comment about the weather, everyone agrees with you, all joy and merriment. But by talking about the weather people don't find out who you are. I hate people talking about the weather all the time. They're either stupid, or they have something to hide (or it's their job, but you're not an Inexperienced Challenged Player and this ain't a newbie game).
2nd
You have to prove why the environment is beneficial for town and disprove all the points I have made about how scum can hide in it. How getting caught up in the past game with out comparing it to plays in this game and just talking about it generally is town and has absoutly no scum benefits.
I've had more fun assignments in History class.
Scum could hide in it, just like how they hide in fluff. Yet this did not occur here. Why would I disprove your theoretical points? They're right, IN THEORY. The problem with your theory is: IT DOES NOT APPLY HERE. Yet you insist it does, all in an effort to call me obvscum.
Also you have to provide scum motivation for wanting to get involved in the game instead of sitting back and letting the day pass by with nothing to gain.
Are you talking about yourself now? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You were NOT involved in the game, and that sideline comment seemed to hint at you not having any desire to do so. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!

In post 187, Garmr wrote:2 You told me my view was wrong. I told you why my view was right. Like I said if we don't use it in context with this game like comparing behaviors and actions they done then it just becomes worthless fluff.

Scenario A. x"You did this last game player y and then did it again this game.
(In context)

Scenario B player x"Wow you totally had me fooled last game."
player y "Yeh i know man that was an awesome game"
Player x "That play player z made wow"

Get my point I feel like we were heading for a scenario B
In your last sentence you say you think we were heading for scenario B. And this is what makes your entire OMGUS so scummy,b ecause if you remember 130, there you said we were already in scenario B. Hence your comment was untimely. Yet you tried to make it sound relevant by claiming "I was stuck in a previous game and proclaiming we should continue to be in this state of affairs". It's a misrep. And you made a shift.

At the point of your intervention we were still all merrily in scenario A.

Also, even if it were scenario B, it would be fluff and that never lasts forever and, to use your own words, fluff "isn't necessarily a scumtell". Yet you made it one, all in an effort to back-up your OMGUS-vote.
3rd you have to prove it was scenario A using posts. It also must be the players that were in the past games so none of those throw away things like the joke rvs read. Which I already explained is null and if you want to use that you have to disprove all my reasoning on that to that.
No, I'll simply refer to what I said above. You giving me tedious assignments seems just like your way of discouraging me and I'm not playing along. Everyone can see for themselves what posts were made and can look at this post and see what I'm saying is correct.
So if you want to continue that part of the case on me (The bulk) Answer all that or I won't even bother responding.
Consider it done.
On a side note if you can't make heads or tails of my arguments it's because your stubborn and refuse to.
No, it's because you lack posting skills. Your posts are like a thick forest of random thoughts. It's difficult to cut through all that crap.
I bet when you do actually land a town role mafia has a field day with you.
I wouldn't count on it. We'll be in touch.
First off wow nice way to discredit People actually read what he says. How the fuck can you call that town. Also nice a rape joke how you take out the numerous c*** out your Orpheus's and listen

1. There is no hypocrisy to point out. Scum will go for who ever goes for. The point is there is no reason for town to go for town either. If you think someone is town why waste time with them especially on such a FUCKING SHORT DAY.

2.A LOL you didn't even explain a valid reason I have played with slandaar and mara yet I don't go on about past games with them when not comparing something. You weren't even comparing it to this game making it none relevant. You have failed to tell me how scum can't hide in this environment.

2.B I'm not looking for appraisal I'm looking to get in the fucking game and it's hard when you keep talking about that past game. If I was looking for your fucking appraisal I would of stayed out and just gone for someone easy.

3. Well does that discredit anything I have said. Like I said 1000 times before i was finding it hard to get in the game.

Actually I seriously can't be stuffed anymore I disagree with your post, your whole case every fucking thing.

If you are somehow in gods name town then your scumdars fucking shit I want you to eat your words. I will copy and paste you saying that i'm scum and when I flip town and this game is over. I'm going to copy and paste it into every fucking one of our games we share.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 318, Marquis wrote:I'm sorry that making short posts is a sign of scum to you because you're refusing to treat each player individually. go back to open 510
In post 308, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Oh TSO is nulltown, and window has done enouj sine i pressured him to be town, and marquis I couldn't challenge cuz con mafia
explain me
Emotinz

In Con mafia, I had pushed you as scum and would have even 1v1'd there and I hard gotten that town read on you. To late

You/nachobert were the first term I had come up with and i feel bad for pinching you

Your play here is also incredibly similar to how you were behaving there so...
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 252, Amethyst Kitty wrote:VOTE: Terp

Marquis, I am a gladiator, and I challenged Terp to a battle.

I had wanted to save this for later, when I had a strong enough scum-read that both Mala and I agree'd on, though everyone here is to indecisive, and this felt like the only way we would have gotten a lynch go through
In post 262, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 254, Garmr wrote: Also Ak is your ability one shot.
Yes, I am essentially a VT now, which is both good and bad from my perspective. I won't get bogged down from being to Pro-town from being a PR, and I won't have to worry about who I want to dance with
In post 260, Desperado wrote:There is absolutely nothing about AK's claim that makes them any townier/worth keeping over BigTerp. Scum Gladiator is not an outrageous role at all.
and I agree, I was a scum gladiator and I rolled over in laughter when I learned of my role.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

How did you miss those two posts terp?
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

And that first post states why I used my ability now... I read it somewhere back there, but it had nothing to do with self-preservation (which is a silly thought in the first place since it puts us on a line) nor does it uahe to do with groove ( who had my vote prior anyway)
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by BigTerp »

Just wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything. Not sure what I'm supposed to be getting from your first post. But in the second post you say "I'm essentially a VT". I know you answered that your ability was one shot, but by saying your essentially VT I thought you may be insinuating that your role has some more powers. Just trying to exhaust all possibilities before I get strung up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”