leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 1773, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: levi
pls guys. I'm usually very lenient towards new players and give the benefit of the doubt
but this guy bleeds scum on every post everytime I check in
I always find it funny that scum use me as an easy mislynch. =) what will you say when you are wrong? as people always are? =)

I'd like to see you talk your way out of that one! =)
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 1760, waynegg wrote:
In post 1757, leviathan93 wrote:As I said, If its the way that I think it is, Mafia is not the one claiming vig. The SK is.
Wold that be because there's 5 people on your team and he isn't one of them?
where did the number 5 come from? =P that concerns me that you seem to know more about this than I do, If I'm the one being pinned as scum. =P
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 1758, waynegg wrote:
In post 1738, Wake1 wrote:Hello everyone. I'm new to this game, and I hope you'll be patient with me as I try to grapple with the history of this thread. I don't know what's been said two pages back, or what my predecessor, Matias, has said or done. The flavor is basically alien territory, too. My vote's on AA9 because we need information. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't even read his/her ISO.

AGar, you should calm down a bit. The reason why some people are roleclaiming is because they alone know what roles and names pertain to this game. When a person claims with an ability and a specific Gundam-related name, and that person doesn't know squat about Gundam, it might be reasonable to believe that person a little bit more. On the flip side, if Scum believes you they're gonna come after you. So, mine is specific and not listed in the OP, so I'm thinking of claiming in full so we have something more to work with. If you don't think it's wise, please tell me why in your own words.

At this point I don't know enough about the surrounding players to give proper reads. When I can I'll be back and try to give more serious contribution.
Hello Wake. You just lost the solid town status Matias provided you.
Matias had town status by doing nothing? uhhh, he shouldn't of. =/ and do you really think this was a ploy?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1773, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: levi
pls guys. I'm usually very lenient towards new players and give the benefit of the doubt
but this guy bleeds scum on every post everytime I check in
Yeah the last post was terribad actually. I'm turning a jaundiced eye on Nacho now too. Trust Sakura, though, especially since she made mention that the neighbourhood is no guarantee of Levi-town.

So only a couple of days. Only a couple of votes needed.

Hi Wake. Are you playing a scum role in this game, or do I just read you as scum having read that game where you were an asshole to everyone? (s'ok, I can see you're mutable, but legit question)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1754, leviathan93 wrote:By reading Majiffy as town, I completely understand his arguments. Especially the post about how in this game there are a possible 2 different scum teams, or a scum team and a SK. The SK part hit me the most.

If there really is an SK then Pie would be a very good option to lynch because of it. He would continue killing people maybe in the name of "town" and then people die each night that town specifies and so he looks just like an ordinary unlimited shot town vig, or x-shot vig on the side of town.
Levi, it was mainly these couple of paragraphs got me agreeing with Dolittle.

Can you explain to me:
  • Why it is a revelation to you that there might be three options for scumteam combos, and why Majiffy's argument is so enlightening having typed the three obvious options into his web browser of choice, and
  • Why you think it is a good idea to lynch the SK day 1 if we believe we've found him and got him chained?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 1779, talah wrote:
In post 1754, leviathan93 wrote:By reading Majiffy as town, I completely understand his arguments. Especially the post about how in this game there are a possible 2 different scum teams, or a scum team and a SK. The SK part hit me the most.

If there really is an SK then Pie would be a very good option to lynch because of it. He would continue killing people maybe in the name of "town" and then people die each night that town specifies and so he looks just like an ordinary unlimited shot town vig, or x-shot vig on the side of town.
Levi, it was mainly these couple of paragraphs got me agreeing with Dolittle.

Can you explain to me:
  • Why it is a revelation to you that there might be three options for scumteam combos, and why Majiffy's argument is so enlightening having typed the three obvious options into his web browser of choice, and
  • Why you think it is a good idea to lynch the SK day 1 if we believe we've found him and got him chained?
Its more of a revelation that I have no idea how many scum team combos there and that 3 COULD be a possibility. and majiffy's arguments are not SUPER enlightening. they just make sense and the way he is carrying them through, I've started seeing him as town and that is ain't scum motivated. its kind of how I read agar as town, because he just gets pissed at dumb people playing the game and gets too emotional backing it. =P hilarious, but still is like a tell for me. people fake emotion sure, but there is a certain limit always for the most part. something i've learned playing it more in person than online.

and uhhh...why would it be a good idea to let the SK live at all? =/ that means he can kill town. am I wrong about that? no. I'm not. how would we "have him chained?" the whole point of that role is we don't. do we have a town roleblocker? uh, i doubt it. I've really ever played with one. It's always been scum role blocker. and do you really think the scum roleblocker will block the serial killer? uh, I doubt that as well.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Post by talah »

How many scum did you think there would be?

How is a Serial Killer that claims vig not going to be insta-lynched if they shoot someone who is not in a narrowly defined pool given to them? They don't share a qt with scum, right?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 1781, talah wrote:How many scum did you think there would be?

How is a Serial Killer that claims vig not going to be insta-lynched if they shoot someone who is not in a narrowly defined pool given to them? They don't share a qt with scum, right?
I don't know. there could be any number of many. =/ its a large game. 21 people or something. I've played many different set ups before. Most in person. Once played a 30 person game with 10 mafia just for shits and giggles.

and because two kills will happen. one by scum, one by the SK. even with supposed town using the SK as a vig it still has room for insane amount of error that can completely decimate town. =/

also there would never be any guarantee that the person is an SK. really no way to find that out for certain.

and I'd assume not, they aren't on either town or scum's side.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #56

DrDolittle (0)
-
kanyeknowsbest (0)
-
Belisarius (0)
-
waynegg (0)
-
pieguyn (5)
- Empking, Majiffy, AGar, leviathan93, waynegg
AGar (0)
-
PeregrineV (0)
-
leviathan93 (1)
- DrDolittle
Svenskt Stål (0)
-
Empking (0)
-
Majiffy (0)
-
Pyrotechnics (0)
-
Sakura Hana (0)
-
NachoKoopa (0)
-
DeasVail (1)
- kanyeknowsbest
Wake88 (0)
-
ArcAngel9 (9)
- NachoKoopa, Natirasha, Sakura Hana, talah, Pyrotechnics, pieguyn, Svenskt Stål, PeregrineV, Wake88
talah (0)
-
Natirasha (0)
-
Kalimar (0)
-
No lynch (0)
-
Not voting (4)
- Belisarius, ArcAngel9, Kalimar, DeasVail

20 votes available
11 votes needed to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-10-23 11:46:30)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 1667, Wake1 wrote:Well, hell, where to begin? I don't know diddly about Gundam, but I do have a weird name and stuff. Why not claim our names at least? Probably less than half of us know the names in the Gundam thingy.

Anyways, we got less than four days and we need 11 to break through. SO...

VOTE: ArcAngel9

Oh, and who's leading that wagon and why are people joining it?
can you please tell me why you voted arc angel in this post?
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 pm

Post by talah »

FUCKING IOS7 SAFARI CRASHING SHIT

Levi. I typed a lovely post for you but the nutshell is I think you're trying to appear less aware than you actually are about setup and permutations. Which makes me think you're lying.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 1785, talah wrote:FUCKING IOS7 SAFARI CRASHING SHIT

Levi. I typed a lovely post for you but the nutshell is I think you're trying to appear less aware than you actually are about setup and permutations. Which makes me think you're lying.
normally, you'd probably be right, but I actually don't know shit about set up and permutations. I've just played the game a lot and know strategy, though its insanely easier to play the game in person than it is online. =/

but if you think i'm lying then i really don't know what there is that I can do about that. I guess ok then. that's that.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1786, leviathan93 wrote:normally, you'd probably be right
About what?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 1776, leviathan93 wrote:
In post 1760, waynegg wrote:
In post 1757, leviathan93 wrote:As I said, If its the way that I think it is, Mafia is not the one claiming vig. The SK is.
Wold that be because there's 5 people on your team and he isn't one of them?
where did the number 5 come from? =P that concerns me that you seem to know more about this than I do, If I'm the one being pinned as scum. =P
Are you a maiden? In a game this size it's safe to assume 5 scum. Possibly 6.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 1787, talah wrote:
In post 1786, leviathan93 wrote:normally, you'd probably be right
About what?
Yeah Levi. The subject and predicate of that are night and day...
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 am

Post by Pyrotechnics »

In post 1774, waynegg wrote:
In post 1772, Pyrotechnics wrote:Ugh - I thought I remembered someone thinking it was weird that Pie didn't believe there was a dayvig but I can't find it. I find it really likely that a nightvig would be suspicious of a dayvig.

Also, Belisaurus - you did a possible flavor post where you gave some characters and what they might be. You said that Rau Le Creuset could be a serial killer. Could you see him as anything else? Also, what did you think of Pie's name claim? Does it make sense for a vig?
What do you think of people using flavor to get lynches? Please don't make me pull a quote from somewhere Syr? I'm hardheaded enough to do it, the hard way of post by post, if I gotta. I have a vague recollection of where I'll find it.

Considering that's not what I'm doing, I don't see your point. However, flavor does matter in a lot of cases.
A hydra of Syryana and Tammy!
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:40 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 1772, Pyrotechnics wrote:you did a possible flavor post where you gave some characters and what they might be. You said that Rau Le Creuset could be a serial killer. Could you see him as anything else?
Rau's Gundam Wikia Page

I haven't actually read that page, though, so more from memory:
-Le Creuset is a lone-wolf type who just wants to kill everyone because...uh, reasons, the perfect archetype for a serial killer. He plays the Patrick Zala faction against the Blue Cosmos to try to keep the PLANT/Earth war going.
-He is a Coordinator
-He's nominally aligned with ZAFT
-He's a clone of Mwu La Flaga's father

We know that the middle 2 are probably not germane to alignment due to opening flavour (Miguel flipped town, and he's a ZAFT-aligned coordinator)
Le Creuset/La Flaga would make a more logical Mason/Neigbour pairing than Tolle and Miri due to the genetic matching.
If flavour
is
relevant to alignment, town roles are most likely drawn from those aligned with the Three Ships Navy or ORB as of the end of the series. I can easily see nominally ZAFT or OMNI characters being town, even if they aren't officially listed as Three Ships/ORB, though, as long as they're not hardline anti-Coordinator or anti-Natural. I'd have a hard time seeing Athrun or Lacus as scum. Scum roles are most likely to come from the (Patrick) Zala Faction and Blue Cosmos.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Wake1 »

So yeah, some thoughts.

We got 20 players left.
Awesome.
We got less than two days to lynch something.
No pressure.
SO not only do we have basic abilities, we got suit powers. What is it with anime and shiny metal suits? Anyways, in spite of six other peeps claiming, well, others, don't like it because they probably subscribe to the meta. Yeah, that great big system that accurately denotes how humans will behave in Mafia. Guess I shouldn't say anything about what my anime stuff is.

Reading the first page from back on September 27th, my eyes started burning. Sort of like what angels do to demons in Supernatural, but worse. So, let's not sweat the small stuff. Let's jump over to a game event first; from page 1 to post #1210. Mastin2 got dead. ON A BATTLEFIELD. Kalimar apparently let loose his load, and now people want Kalimari. People should know that Mastin is regarded as a good Town player... but also a good Scum player. I've observed him as Scum in a past game. Hindsight is 20/20, so don't wet yourselves too much. What woulda happened if he were Scum, eh?

Around that point Kalimar had 4 votes. Flash-forward to the present, we now have AA9 at 9 votes. Anyone want to say why?
In post 1228, Natirasha wrote: Scum dayvigs are a thing, and
the way Kalimar framed it--as if the shot confirmed him town--seems like a ploy to me.
If you wanna go into mod meta, Kdub is one of the best mods on this site and I KNOW he is more than willing to subvert expectations of roles.
I'm not inclined to believe Kdub would put Scum Dayvigs in here, but it's possible. He's probably Town, let loose his Daykill, and Mastin died not even 5 posts after that. He's got the ability, and there's more of a likelihood that he's Town.
In post 1778, talah wrote: Hi Wake. Are you playing a scum role in this game, or do I just read you as scum having read that game where you were an asshole to everyone? (s'ok, I can see you're mutable, but legit question)
I'd answer, but it'd need to make sense first.
In post 1784, kanyeknowsbest wrote: can you please tell me why you voted arc angel in this post?
If you read my ISO, you'll know why. Reading is fundamental.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:33 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 1790, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 1774, waynegg wrote:
In post 1772, Pyrotechnics wrote:Ugh - I thought I remembered someone thinking it was weird that Pie didn't believe there was a dayvig but I can't find it. I find it really likely that a nightvig would be suspicious of a dayvig.

Also, Belisaurus - you did a possible flavor post where you gave some characters and what they might be. You said that Rau Le Creuset could be a serial killer. Could you see him as anything else? Also, what did you think of Pie's name claim? Does it make sense for a vig?
What do you think of people using flavor to get lynches? Please don't make me pull a quote from somewhere Syr? I'm hardheaded enough to do it, the hard way of post by post, if I gotta. I have a vague recollection of where I'll find it.

Considering that's not what I'm doing, I don't see your point. However, flavor does matter in a lot of cases.
You're a turd :roll:

I really have things to do today...maybe I can fit it in tonight.
Like LEGO minifigs?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Natirasha »

Flavor is a fantastic reason to lynch someone if you think that you can extrapolate enough setup info from the current presented facts.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:37 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 1792, Wake1 wrote:post #1210. Mastin2 got dead. ON A BATTLEFIELD. Kalimar apparently let loose his load, and now people want Kalimari. People should know that Mastin is regarded as a good Town player... but also a good Scum player. I've observed him as Scum in a past game. Hindsight is 20/20, so don't wet yourselves too much. What woulda happened if he were Scum, eh?
I'll do ya one better. I've seen a game recently where town
purposely
day vigged another player they read as
town
like 2 pages into the game for the sake of a stupid gambit...
Like LEGO minifigs?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Wake1 »

That gambit better have paid off then.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1653, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm Miriallia Haw, I'm neighbors with Leviathan.

Not sure if that makes sense or not flavorwise, since i've never watched Gundam Seed, but I'll let people who know the flavor help me in the regards to whether this helps find out levi's alignment or not. Tho I don't think I need to explain I've been townreading him from the QT as I've hinted to that in many posts.
I figured this, but you've been protecting him at the mason level.

You better be right.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1656, leviathan93 wrote:
In post 1653, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm Miriallia Haw, I'm neighbors with Leviathan.

Not sure if that makes sense or not flavorwise, since i've never watched Gundam Seed, but I'll let people who know the flavor help me in the regards to whether this helps find out levi's alignment or not. Tho I don't think I need to explain I've been townreading him from the QT as I've hinted to that in many posts.
if she came out and claimed this then I confirm that we are neighbors as well.
Then step up your game. We can;t see the QT and you're coming across scummy as hell.

Is Sakura town?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:29 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 1792, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1784, kanyeknowsbest wrote: can you please tell me why you voted arc angel in this post?
If you read my ISO, you'll know why. Reading is fundamental.
try again but answer the question this time.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”