Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:15 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

It's important to not be influenced by confirmation bias. Take someone that thinks I'm scum. If I say something they would normally see as coming from town, it will be interpreted as either incredibly clever, thought-out, well-planned and manipulative.

If I say something they can't relate with, it's because I'm of a different alignment.

If I say something they view as "too scummy to be scum", they think I'm playing WIFOM games and really am scum.

There isn't much I can do on my side, except play the game, answer questions, hopefully the actual townies sidestep confirmation bias, and I can determine who is genuine and who isn't.
In post 496, Sir Bastion wrote:So are you saying now that there is a case for thor being scum?

Also can we get an opinion on the two people that voted thor based on your case?
Of course there is a case. A case is just opinion. I said "I made it up" to provoke some reactions. I'm not ready to throw him out on the street just based on that. He's not even my ideal lynch. Someone who didn't post content is more dangerous than Thor at this juncture.

@Thor Yes, I'm 70% sure the claim will save me. With 8 days to deadline, if people change their minds, it's plenty of time to lynch somebody else.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:17 am

By "made up", I mean exagerrate my confidence on him being scum. Everything I said still stands. Anyone that it may have influenced is well justified in thinking so. But I do think most players here act more on emotion and gut reads than logic, so it's not so much as anything I said, but the wind blowing one way rather than another and they are OK with taking the path of least resistance.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:20 am

In post 498, Garmr wrote:Also the fact his saying why arn't you voting me over Zakk is pretty stupid in his self.

I didn't ask you why you aren't voting for me over Zakk. I said that you calling me scum so directly, and not having your vote on me, implies I'm soon to be L-1.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:27 am

Post by Garmr »

@Thor

post 370 Post 222. Those are my main two posts against him.

But to put it in a nutshell his a lurker.
-Lurker
-Picks the wagons with the most momentum
-Reaching in a scummy matter.(His opening post)
-The fact he promise's to add more content yet never does
-Last and least important 368 pisses me off he has that high and mighty attitude. Like his scum knowing that these two town players are more likely to get lynched than him.

@Albert

I interrupted it that way. But why would you think that. Sure i feel like your scum but i got 8 days to place my vote. 8 days is allot of time to gather more information and make my case against Zakk. Zakk>You Also placing you at lynch one would be stupid since people will herpaderp hammer you.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Garmr »

By herpaderp hammer I mean hammer you early when we have plenty of time to gather more information.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 am

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.15
TCold
(0)
ICEninja
(0)
zakk
(1) Garmr
Garmr
(3) Skelda, TCold, Maxous
toolenduso
(0)
Sir Bastion
(0)
Slandaar
(0)
Thor665
(2) Slandaar, zakk
Elyse
(0)
Maxous
(0)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
(0)
Albert B. Rampage
(5) Thor665, toolenduso, Sir Bastion, ICEninja, Elyse
Skelda
(1) Albert B. Rampage

Not Voting:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-10-23 18:36:35)

V/LA:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon until Friday
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:32 am

It's better for me to claim early, before people use time as an excuse. That it's too late to run up somebody else.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:33 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 500, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Of course there is a case. A case is just opinion.
I said "I made it up" to provoke some reactions.
I'm not ready to throw him out on the street just based on that. He's not even my ideal lynch. Someone who didn't post content is more dangerous than Thor at this juncture.

I think the reactions (and lack of) have firmly and resoundly been delivered.

Honestly this is what I thought you were intending when you first made the revelation of nothingness but the sheer lack of follow up is what breaks this thought process. Voting a lurker? Not a comment on the reactions, just moving on?

If you are still waiting then you've waited too long.

As for lurkers being more dangerous on day 1...

no, I dont expect to claim to be a veteren mafia player like you and thor but I know lurkers on day 1 are not *dangerous*, scum lurking through day 1 are either not thinking far ahead or their partners have grasped the reigns to lead town. Either way day 2 is where they get the screws and if they are hiding in the shadow of a very active partner then they risk pulling their partner down with them.

You are always better to lynch an active player day 1, even if you tragically lynch a town player you still have a day's worth of interaction to examine and something to push the day 1 lurkers on.

Lynching a lurker day 1 in worse scenario gets you nothing but a dead townie and no info, you cant get very far examining a wagon on a lurker, essentially forcing us to repeat day 1 with a weaker town stance. best scenaio you lynch scum but have little or no follow ups.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:36 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 501, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
By "made up", I mean exagerrate my confidence on him being scum.
Everything I said still stands. Anyone that it may have influenced is well justified in thinking so. But I do think most players here act more on emotion and gut reads than logic, so it's not so much as anything I said, but the wind blowing one way rather than another and they are OK with taking the path of least resistance.
George Orwell is applauding
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:39 am

Lurkers are dangerous. Even if they are town, they end up being replaced by players who are neither invested nor interested in reading the game, and they can make a capital mistake in LYLO. Typically, lurkers will not be NK'd. Scum are interested in framing town and will go after players with opinions. Or they will go for players who are either suspecting them or on the verge of suspecting them.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:49 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 509, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lurkers are dangerous. Even if they are town, they end up being replaced by players who are neither invested nor interested in reading the game, and they can make a capital mistake in LYLO. Typically, lurkers will not be NK'd. Scum are interested in framing town and will go after players with opinions. Or they will go for players who are either suspecting them or on the verge of suspecting them.

I think F16 will be offended by this post.

Hell as someone who replaces in a lot I am offended! I've replaced in and won the lylo of some games. For everyone who has done the good deed and replaced in please let me show you my boot!

You also appear to have a very limited perspective of scum.
Scum:

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 am

And how certain are you that I am scum, SB?
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:58 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 491, Garmr wrote:Thanks ABR for giving scum a better chance at hitting a power role
Not necessarily. We don't know how many power roles/vanilla townies there are in this game, but if Albert were town he could also be a power role and not want to claim it so he could avoid being nk'd.

Also, I'm going to start skimming Slandaar's posts until he starts saying things that are useful again. Given his patterns all game, I estimate a low chance of this happening.

To everyone who's replaced in -- thanks! Let us know if you need any summaries or anything like that.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:58 am

I don't lie about my role as town, toolenduso. I said it in my first post.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:00 am

Post by Garmr »

Plus there's a policy lynch thing with lynch all liars. It deters people from making gambits as town. I just read about that one myself recently (wiki).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 503, Garmr wrote:But to put it in a nutshell his a lurker.
-Lurker
-Picks the wagons with the most momentum
-Reaching in a scummy matter.(His opening post)
-The fact he promise's to add more content yet never does
-Last and least important 368 pisses me off he has that high and mighty attitude. Like his scum knowing that these two town players are more likely to get lynched than him.
I would put all of his actions listed here as identical to the play by TCold.
I would put your 368 issue as identical to ABR.

What is it that makes Zakk stand out, or those two look better in comparison?

@ABR - Do you have any corrections to my presented list of reads from you?
Also, do you have any additions to make to it?
If not, why not?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:06 am

I don't want to commit to a list with so many slots with little to no content.

I can come up with a better mental picture of the game once everyone is posting.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Garmr »

His like Tcold and ABR put together his Super scum. He has a big S on his cape.

TCold replaced out pretty fast only ever doing a few posts. This is typical TCold play so that's why I had him as nullish. I guarantee you if he stayed everyone's votes would be on him no matter his alignment. Plus his replacement seems pretty town.

ABR- Posts allot more information is more likely to slip as scum. Also while ABR shares some qualities with Zakk. Zakk has so more to lynch for like you said yourself all my points could be listed as TCold plus ABR combined. Zakk doesn't share as many things and has less points lurks more, more fluff. ABR produces content, doesn't lurk also doesn't put off reasons saying I will give them to you latter.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 511, Albert B. Rampage wrote:And how certain are you that I am scum, SB?
right now you would be my strongest lead. I'd be foolish to say I was positive.

But your actions have been weak at best, downright counter productive at worst.

your original *case* against thor was weak as hell, you appealed to authority and your case was he was pushing on slandaar while ignoring other players.

Then we had the meta fubar which while you stand that it was only thor's defence, there is a clear line between support of your thor wagon and the post 252 which you used those games thor provided to attack his play in this game.

Then you claimed it was all made up, took a very untown position of doing it *to teach thor a lesson*

followed by a vote on a lurker (who's been replaced now and yet we still have no action from you)

throw in an early L-2 claim (which is null mostly cause of your first post)

and now we are rewriting the made up claim to whatever suits you right now.

If you are town you have been counter productive, a long with slandaar you have brought in some serious baggage with thor which has poisoned this game so far and I wouldnt be surprised if its revealed at the end that its the reason we've had players *requesting* replacements, not just dropping out, but actually saying *No I want out*

If you are scum I feel you are riding very heavily on the *scum wont do this* defence in the hope that your wagon will tire itself out and fall apart.

And I lean heavily with the scum cause, yes scum wouldnt do a lot of this, they'd have a bit more self control. But town wouldnt have done most of this either, frankly I dont know what sort of player would do half the nonsense you have spouted in this game.

I like how a big part of the *thor is scum* case is he's not scumhunting, but neither you or Slandaar have done much either. I think the most I've seen from slandaar is his case on iceninja (which would have merit if it wasnt so hypocritical)

So yes if I was to give it a number I'd say I'm 70% sure you are scum.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 517, Garmr wrote:His like Tcold and ABR put together his Super scum. He has a big S on his cape.

TCold replaced out pretty fast only ever doing a few posts. This is typical TCold play so that's why I had him as nullish. I guarantee you if he stayed everyone's votes would be on him no matter his alignment. Plus his replacement seems pretty town.

ABR- Posts allot more information is more likely to slip as scum. Also while ABR shares some qualities with Zakk. Zakk has so more to lynch for like you said yourself all my points could be listed as TCold plus ABR combined. Zakk doesn't share as many things and has less points lurks more, more fluff. ABR produces content, doesn't lurk also doesn't put off reasons saying I will give them to you latter.
garmr what in gods name are you trying to say?
Scum:

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:27 am

I have no recollection of Thor before this game. Seriously. You just made that "you brought baggage with Thor into this game" bit.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

It's translatable and makes sense, you just need to wade through it a bit.
Basically he really hates lurkers and also feels Zakk is being intentionally dodgy when he does post.

@ABR - why do you think your case on me got as far as it did for what it was if I am scum?
Also, what pro-town end effect did you get out of it to make the lie worthwhile?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 520, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I have no recollection of Thor before this game. Seriously. You just made that "you brought baggage with Thor into this game" bit.
That is pretty blatantly not what he was saying.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:31 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

t's translatable and makes sense, you just need to wade through it a bit.
Basically he really hates lurkers and also feels Zakk is being intentionally dodgy when he does post.
Oooh he's talking about Zakk.

also did I miss Tcold replacing out?

he's been prodded. But not replaced yet.
Scum:

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Garmr »

F-16_Fighting_Falcon is TColds replacement right.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”