Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:21 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 173, Garmr wrote:I tend to break down even as town Albert and T-cold know this from past experience with me.
Do you feel like this has happened in this game so far?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Garmr »

@Maxous
Starting to but trying my best not to.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Garmr Thor asked you earlier who you thought was scum on your wagon

Could you give us a breakdown of those on your wagon and your thoughts of them (just the wagon)

so its:

Zakk
Axxle
TCold
Albert
Macros
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 am

Post by toolenduso »

Garmr, if you can't remember why everyone has voted for you then here's the list right now:

ABR
Axxle
Macros
TCold
zakk

You can isolate their posts using the "display posts by user" thing at the bottom of the page and see why they voted you.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:32 am

Post by toolenduso »

Whoops. Didn't see Bastion's post before I posted mine.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Garmr »

Ok I missed thors question.

zakk-probably scum I don't like any of his reasons. His reason to vote me in a nut shell was, my two rvs weren't serious and my post when rvs finished was. This is the most bs reason to vote someone and he makes more of a case for tool (which i don't agree with). Also he ask what everyone thinks of it but then list from 3 specif players what they think of it. What makes them so special.

Axxle-Town

Macross- questioning find it weird why he wouldn't want me at l-3

Albert- Hasn't been helpful all game, Jumped on my wagon with little reasoning and just is irritating. Scum

T-cold- not enough posts null

-off my wagon i have GG as a slight scum read.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p5375481
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p5375579

For those who missed it - pretty blatant misrep as well as waffling debate attempts.
That's my game as scum, don't try to play it back at me. You can't out filthy Divine.

Unvote: Sir Bastion
Vote: Slandaar

Happy here.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I'd give the waffling debate attempt, but not so sure about the misrepping (perhaps its the waffle thats making my eyes glaze over and not see it, so ridicule away)

but since you are voting each other I'm being forced to carefully work through it again.

So I hate you both.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Here is the misrep in a nutshell;

Slandaar - he overexplained!
Thor - I don't think he did.
Slandaar - He did too!
Thor - :offers an analogy: I think he just did this.
Slandaar - that might make sense...except he didn't offer a conclusion!
Tool - I...did offer a conclusion, it was in my post right underneath my reasoning for having that conclusion that you called 'overexplaining'

Slandaar is arguing till he's red in the face with me about how terrible me questioning his case is.
In his case he's either lying or forgetting about what Tool even said or did.
And then claiming my defense is bad because I'm defending what Tool actually said and did.

You may sheep me now.
Or, y'know, at least weigh in with an opinion other than 'I barely am able to understand what is going on!'
Which is another reason you also need death, but Slandaar is campaigning hard for a noose ahead of you.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 133, Slandaar wrote:
VOTE: Thor

Good luck explaining this away Thorsy.
By the way, Slandaar, you forgot to unvote before you did this. So I think if N were to do a votecount right now you would show as not voting for anyone.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I mean, who even posts that?

Thor posted two links that contain the entirety of the issue.
Neither of them are even his.
I'll complain about having to read stuff and take time to post up how much stuff I'm reading and working on over here, but at the same time hedge my bets and say nothing at all really.

:neutral:
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1, N wrote:
Voting Rules

[*]Unvoting before voting again is not compulsory.
Sorry, I am wrong. Please ignore that last post of mine.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by toolenduso »

My vote might not be counted because it wasn't at the start of a new line, though. So to do this right...

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Its nice that Thor can be so helpful, even if a bit rude.

Looking over, I wouldnt call misrep, I'd say slandaar was reaching to begin with when he pushed toolenduso initially on overexplaining and he's fumbled over himself in the long drawn out waffling debate with you. And to be fair Tool's *conclusion* is buried in a paragraph and not presented as QED at the end like your apple.

But thats all beside the point because I'm more curious about this:
Slandaar wrote:Before a game even begins you know we will not agree on logic especially if we are both town and you know that actually all that will happen is wall wars where we just don't come to agreement and want to lynch the other.

huh...

So you know you and thor getting into a wall war is the mafiascum equivalent to the battle of the Somme and it would end up with you voting each other (which has happened)

and yet:
Slandaar wrote:Sure.

Do a line by line breakdown of what is wrong with my post in regards to overexplaining.

Now let us figure this out; You know we don't agree on anything so instead of letting me do what I do and catch the scum you are trying to come after me for posting something you think is wrong well that is what you should expect to happen when I am town.

I could bring up everything you have posted I don't agree with but I don't; why? because its pointless to argue it as I know I won't agree with you it's just how it is.

In short: You are being very superficial.

What do you think is my biggest scumtell? list a few if you like.
You practically begged him to do so.

You vote for him for fake scumhunting, but as far as I can tell you have intentionally started a wallpost fight and pulled him away from scumhunting.

scum trying to keep a strong town player tied up in pointless irrelevance?

Might be.

unvote

Vote: Slandaar
Scum:

N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.05
TCold
(0)
ICEninja
(0)
zakk
(0)
Garmr
(5) Axxle, zakk, TCold, Macros, Albert B. Rampage
toolenduso
(0)
Sir Bastion
(0)
Slandaar
(3) Maxous, Thor665, Sir Bastion
Thor665
(1) Slandaar
Macros
(0)
Maxous
(0)
GuthrieGov
(1) Garmr
Albert B. Rampage
(2) ICEninja, toolenduso
Axxle
(0)

Not Voting:
GuthrieGov

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-10-23 18:36:35)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by zakk »

Wow, this game certainly got busy. I will read it sometime this weekend.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Man it's tough to keep up in this game. Once again I'm going to have to be pretty brief about things.

Garmr is all over the place. He's giving off noobtells left and right, which in a game with lots of experienced players, makes him an easy lynch.

I'm starting to get annoyed by the back and forwards that Slandaar is engaging in. And yes it's you, not Thor, you're the one who is tunneling on his points to you not the other way around. Get your tunnel vision off we're not lynching Thor day 1 unless you can bring up some serious evidence that has nothing to do with anything he says about you.

Bastion actually makes a good point in post 168. I'm liking Macros less and less.

And now I'm gradually developing a scum read on Slandaar.

I'm still pretty much happy about where my vote is though. I still want more people to read Albert's ISO so they can realize why he needs more votes.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Ice - how many times have you played/read town Albert?
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Macros »

Morning all.

To those questioning my vote, Garmr asked me to, so I obliged. As I said earlier (not post hunting) I push players to pressure them to get a response, if no response, or in this case satisfactory response is forthcoming, THEN I vote for them to squeeze more. Nothing he has said or done since has pulled him down the ladder so my vote stays, although Albert is rapidly ascending. Slandaar hasn't changed in my eyes, but the Thor/SLandaar wall of text pissing match is getting irritating and isn't really moving forward, in my eyes it's degenerated to a protracted version of NO YOU!
Current ranks of suspiciousness for me is Garmr, Albert, SLandaar. I'm not the vote hoping type, but I am watching closely to see whats happening. going now to reread ABR's inputs (his vote followed very quickly on the heels of mine)
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by Macros »

ABR is very... inconsistent I think is the word I'm looking for.
And I still don't understand what the dream thing is or how it is in anyway relevant to his logic in this game.

After a start of one and two liners he has two votes dropped (two serious votes, SLandaar and Garmr) before he actually generates some content posts.
After dropping his first vote on Slandaar he basically sits back and lets other people do the work, asking Maxous for his gut read on Sland, pushing me to drop a vote as soon as I can and uses future meta as a reason to avoid discourse on other players (reasoning is further elaborated later, but only when pushed)
Its only after he swing votes to Garmr that he starts making full blooded posts, but as I read them again for all their words, content is quite utterly lacking. It boils down to calling iceninja (basically) condescending for nay saying all of use voting for Garmr, a half baked justification for lack of logic (look at my user title LOL), and 3 posts of teaching grandmothers to suck eggs on why his wonderous list will hand the scum the game.
and at the end there, again, asking someon else to do the leg work, instead of explaining to Ice WHY he has a vote on Garmr, he demands Ice tell him WHY he SHOULDN'T have a vote on Garmr. I'm not familiar with his play style, but it seems very lazy or deliberately nothingness. The placement of the vote bothers me most. If Slandaar is your biggest suspect why is your vote not on him? This going for anything for a bandwagon is a bad disease, several players seem to have it and it bugs me. My vote is out now and it stays put for now, but I want to hear from Albert why he's voting for his second suspect when there is plenty of attention on his lead candidate.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Macros wrote:To those questioning my vote, Garmr asked me to, so I obliged. As I said earlier (not post hunting) I push players to pressure them to get a response, if no response, or in this case satisfactory response is forthcoming, THEN I vote for them to squeeze more. Nothing he has said or done since has pulled him down the ladder so my vote stays.

This is not about justifying your vote, this is about your actions after it. Specifically post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5374607 what was that for? If you still think he's guilty why were you complaining about a wagon forming quickly off your vote?

If you were worried about a wagon you should have acted when it jumped to L2.

you didnt. Yet you still complained.

If you were not worried about a wagon then that post shouldnt exist.

Instead we have you saying something but not acting on it.

Frankly it looks like a post from someone who knows Garmr is going to flip town and is getting his day 2 *
But he pushed me to vote for him and I said it was a bad idea but then *sniff* these other guys *sniff* they voted him and it was all so very sudden and the wagon got out of control *sniff
* defence.
Scum:

TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Post by TCold »

I apologize for my lack of content, but yesterday was a horrible day for me in multiple ways. Will be doing reading/rereading some time tonight.
One Master and one apprentice; one to embody the power, the other to crave it.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 180, Garmr wrote: zakk-probably scum I don't like any of his reasons.
Albert- Hasn't been helpful all game, Jumped on my wagon with little reasoning and just is irritating. Scum
-off my wagon i have GG as a slight scum read.
Your vote is on the weakest of the three reads here. Why?
In post 191, ICEninja wrote:Garmr is all over the place. He's giving off noobtells left and right, which in a game with lots of experienced players, makes him an easy lynch.
I understand the hestitation, but I've noticed you're not calling him town while arguing against the wagon.
what is your actual read of Garmr.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:16 am

Post by ICEninja »

Thor wrote: @Ice - how many times have you played/read town Albert?
Half of a day 1, before he flaked.
Maxous wrote: I understand the hestitation, but I've noticed you're not calling him town while arguing against the wagon.
what is your actual read of Garmr.
You are correct. I'm having a very difficult time reading him, simply because he IS all over the place. His actions, in my eyes, speak more loudly to trying to figure out wtf he's supposed to be doing as opposed to showing me what his alignment is.

Players like this are very easy to build a flimsy case against as scum, ergo I'm more likely to find people who make an easy bandwagon jump to be scum than the person being targeted.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I played a complete game vs. IceNinja here where we were both town and won: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=23705

Thor was also in the game as scum and died.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”