Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Can you vote for someone, Macros? We need to put pressure.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Macros »

quick question on my read through, to thor, is there anyone you wouldn't be willing to lynch?
I understand that we need to push a lynch day one to get ourselves moving and get reads on players but I don't see how throwing a speed lynch in when we have nearly two weeks left (assuming I read those timer correctly) is going to benefit us, step back and take a deep breath man.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:00 am

Post by Macros »

Albert, I'm reading through a few times, I won't be rushed into a vote now that things have gotten serious. we have plenty of time.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 am

Post by Macros »

I'm still going over other people too, but the focus on slandaar got me looking into his posts, (all three, I forgot how useful the post isolation tool is)

First read on his opening post I took as an OTT joke apology. I read it as his justificatoin of his vote on Tool (feel free to correct me if I'm misrepresenting) putting on an act of panicked nerves in a pastiche of what Tool had been accused of, being overly apologetic for a non event.

Except I don't see where Tool has done this, sorry for joining late had to work. When I popped on the thread I thought it had got going quickly, I harboured secret hopes of getting a first in, and now we're on page 5 not even 24 hours in, games a shifting. Tool had made 4 posts before Slandaar landed his vote, it was a piss poorly justified vote he made, he didn't even handwave to other posts on the target.

Second post (71) is overplaying tools "life story" and apologies again now trying to justify his vote, its not until further pressing that he finally pulls together a proper case, which is 50% responding to the pressure and 50% analysis of Tools actions. From basically every angle this is weak, all it is, is Slandaar repeating that tool didn't have to explain his thoughts, well if we all sat and just threw votes at each other without justification it'd be an interesting game, short and pointless, but interesting.
It just reads like Slandaar has a hard on for Tool, it could either be tunnel vision or lazyness, either way its not overly helpful to me as I don't feel anything he's saying hits home remotely. Never played with Slandaar before so I don't know his usual posting style, but I think we need some more from him relatively soon, if nothing else a more solid back up to his vote than that weak ass showing so far.

As of this post I'd be willing to drop one on Slandaar or Garmr
Oh the huge manatee!!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:37 am

Drop it like a baby, Macros.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 101, Macros wrote:quick question on my read through, to thor, is there anyone you wouldn't be willing to lynch?
Myself, Tool, and Max - in that order.

@ABR - though I like what you're doing as a stand alone activity, I am left wondering how it works into you being nervy around the push on Bastion. Clarify?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 am

The mention of it being a speedlynch turned me off from voting for him. He doesn't strike me as scummy, either.

I think Slandaar is scummy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 106, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The mention of it being a speedlynch turned me off from voting for him.
Can't tell if serious...
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:05 am

My dream, remember?
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Macros »

I'm not getting this dream joke, I need it explained for me.
Also it should be noted, apologies for the 3rd person, Macros really hates being told what to do.

I also get rubbed the wrong way by people big upping and leading the town from the go, its too easy to become dependent on them for our direction.
Position stands, would drop on SLandaar or Garmr no problem, but we have lots of time and I want to hear more from them, and everyone, possibly less nightmares and dreamscapes.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

It's page five and I've hit that moment where I start fantasizing about being a Day Vig right on schedule.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:33 am

Post by ICEninja »

I'm assuming, Thor, that your post 92 was all directed at me.

Macros, as of my original post, had been convoluted and doing weird things because of posting from his phone. Honestly I've posted from my phone before and it wasn't that hard. I used the verbiage "makes me twitch" as opposed to "think he's scum" because I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

As for your comment about me directed towards Slandaar, I don't like how you said I let him off too easy. Competing wagons are great but it is too early to be calling half the players scum. He reads the scummy side of null to me at this point, and since a lot of what he's done so far seems to be (a dry sarcastic form of) humor, I've long since retired calling someone out as scum for trying to be funny their first couple posts. Granted he hasn't really contributed much and his attack was weak so I'm not liking him for town, but I'm not convinced that I should throw a vote down on him.

Now I actually really don't like Macros's more recent posts. While his observations and points are alright, he outright states two players he's suspecting and yet votes for no one. This reads to me as leaving his options open instead of pressuring players. Bad.

Albert's ISO is really really bothering me though. There's no content, there's no scum hunting, and apparently the only player in this game who hasn't town-told is Slandaar?

Nope, that's really bad. Maxous at least put a reason for his Slandaar vote, but Albert has nothing.

Unvote, Vote Albert B. Rampage

Even as I said I don't want to, I find myself being suspicious of half the town right now. Will you town players stop acting like scum, dammit?
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:47 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Well first

unvote

Vote: GuthrieGov

correctly done this time

In post 89, ICEninja wrote:I don't have QUITE as much time this morning to address everything that happened considering how quick this game has moved in a short time so I'll address each point briefly, as I see it. I'll comb through everything later to put a more cohesive case together on who I believe are the most likely scum(s).
Bastion wrote: assuming I dont?
As of post 16 I'm almost positive that a town player wouldn't have a scum read on both of them. DO YOU?
I disliked Axxle's post I didnt like Guthrie's follow up, and since Guthrie hasnt seem to cop on to it yet, Yes the reason I havnt budged on this is because Axxle hasnt posted. it's as deep as a puddle but until I find deeper waters I'll stick by it.

Ice you were correct that I should have called it distancing, but since guthrie actually voted I tried to be a little git and be all clever with my vote post. though its odd that term itself has had more of an impact on this discussion then the circumstances, you stated yourself that if I had said distancing instead of bussing I would have been right, but I was wrong because I used the word bussing instead. Bussing is distancing, but it is distancing using a vote (which makes my use of it technically correct) though that vote tends to be the one that brings the hammer.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:50 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Oh and Guthrie

Do you think I'm scum voting you or do you think I'm stupid town?
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 91, Thor665 wrote: Justify this a bit, pl0x? I am not a fan.
Sure.

Do a line by line breakdown of what is wrong with my post in regards to overexplaining.

Now let us figure this out; You know we don't agree on anything so instead of letting me do what I do and catch the scum you are trying to come after me for posting something you think is wrong well that is what you should expect to happen when I am town.

I could bring up everything you have posted I don't agree with but I don't; why? because its pointless to argue it as I know I won't agree with you it's just how it is.

In short: You are being very superficial.

What do you think is my biggest scumtell? list a few if you like.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 am

Post by Macros »

ISO is isolation I'm assuming.
I'm getting into bed here now, but I really don't get peoples determination that we have to vote right now, its day 1 out of 14, once we get past the obligatory first vote you don't have to drop a vote to pressure guys. you point at them and ask them to clarify and explain themselves, if they faff around, dodge the issues or strawman you then I drop a vote and see what they do. If we go with thors assumption of 3 scum 4 town put votes on someone to pressure them then we're in a situation where scum could nail an innocent.
I know its highly unlikely and it would be pretty abysmal play from scums perspective at this point, but its still part of why I don't fire a vote on until theres seriosu time constraints or the poi hasnt done shit to clear their name.
Oh the huge manatee!!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 am

Post by ICEninja »

Actually I went back and read Slandaar's content again more closely. I like his reasoning for his vote. He seems townish to me.

The reasons he give for his vote were better than Thor's when he called for a quicklynch. Just saying.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 114, Slandaar wrote:Do a line by line breakdown of what is wrong with my post in regards to overexplaining.
I already did.
In post 114, Slandaar wrote:Now let us figure this out; You know we don't agree on anything so instead of letting me do what I do and catch the scum you are trying to come after me for posting something you think is wrong well that is what you should expect to happen when I am town.
Actually I was pointing out how you were being hypocritical and asking you to justify how the over explanation you did is fine and his is scummy.
In post 114, Slandaar wrote:What do you think is my biggest scumtell? list a few if you like.
I don't know.
Currently I have 'over explaining things' and 'acting nervous'
But I don't recall claiming that I had brilliant insight into your scumhunting methods.
Is this an awkward straw man, or is it going somewhere wherein you'll explain how it's uncool of me to question someone's scumhunting that I don't agree with?
GuthrieGov
GuthrieGov
Townie
GuthrieGov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:51 am

Post by GuthrieGov »

@Bastion: Im somewhere in the middle. Not willing to outright call someone scum without Axxl's posts, since pretty so much discussion was created from it (directly or indirectly).

That being said, i think my vote is serving no purpose at the moment. I'd like to see Albert stop this playstyle, so i'm up for wagoning him.

Vote: Albert B.
[b/]
GuthrieGov
GuthrieGov
Townie
GuthrieGov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:52 am

Post by GuthrieGov »

Edit:
Vote: Albert B.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 111, ICEninja wrote:Now I actually really don't like Macros's more recent posts. While his observations and points are alright, he outright states two players he's suspecting and yet votes for no one. This reads to me as leaving his options open instead of pressuring players. Bad.
Is'nt it apparent that he has theory differences to you?
And you're still calling him scummy over it?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by Garmr »

Started this post 9:38 am my time

So many players asking me questions I must have so many adoring fans :cool: .
I'll try to address most of them.

First one is what multiple have been saying it's not ninja because of the time stamps. I play video games while I'm posting and if I post comes before mine I still try to rush it through.

Maxous.
1. Well you didn't lay a vote down when I was righting that and I viewed it as fence sitting while the argument is dragged out more and more and even through you were so involved in the argument you voted someone else.

2) Its more the fact your calling people town from one post. It takes me a couple of posts before I decide

3) Didn't see it will address it I believe that it's advantageous to scum in this context as they can use it to buddy up with out much reason. As each player he called town only had one post.

4) Because I was laughing It was a huge reach his post. Ok two scenarios I'm town in one scum in the other
Town- I don't care how people view me his post was bad .
Scum- The evidence is flimsy I can work with this post but I need to do it the most towny way possible. I don't think laughing at someones post is towny.

@Macross
Well I'm a player who plays off gut and Max also seemed to be favoring axxle yet no laying down his vote on gunther Also at the time I viewed axxle and gunthers exchange as TvT

Now for the scum hunting.

Through I have respect for Albert I haven't seen him like this He was more searchy for scum.

I don't like gunther post 94 It's saying don't look at me look at this guy his way more suspicious than me. Axxles only posted one post and it hasn't even been a day. How can you get that much suspicion for trying to get out a rvs. Sure your first vote on him reaching I found null. But now out of the rvs stage your still trying to go at him when he hasn't posted one. There's something called rl.

I have a town read on Sir bastion by the way. Post 40 was like music to my ears and I agreed with it. Also the way he talks I just get a town feel through that that may be a gut thing through.

UNVOTE: Maxy
VOTE: GuthrieGov

Post that appeared before I finished writing Maxous 9:43 lol it took a hour to right this between videogames :P
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:27 pm

I don't want to talk about the town tells I've noticed, as that would only advantage the scum, and make people try to meta me in the future. A gut read on Slandaar is the best I can give you right now.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Well I feel like everything I was going to say in my defense against the charges of over-explaining and apologizing when I need to have been covered. If anyone else has questions about it I can address them.

@Garmr: Did I miss something, or did you provide no reasoning for why you voted GG at the end of your post?

I'm going to make use of this awesome "display posts by user" tool I never knew existed tomorrow morning and give more analysis on what I think.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by N »

bump
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)