Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:36 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 572, Cheery Dog wrote:then answer ones given to you
What are you referring to here? Did I miss anything?
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Grimgroove »

MAybe I'll be able to come online tonight when I'm home, but no guarantees so quite possible my V/LA is starting now.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Grimgroove »

And with that, my vote remains where it is. Sakura Hana's shift to a lurker is, granted its pro-town arguments, mostly pro-herself not getting lynched.
This close to the deadline, lynching a lurker is just a policy lynch, which should never be an option at this stage.
Mnemonic's cage needs rattling during D2 though, so does Derivan's.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 577, Grimgroove wrote:mostly pro-herself not getting lynched
So removing my vote off you when im the only other alternative for a lynch today is myself is avoiding getting lynched?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.05

Sakura Hana - 2 - Grimgroove, pieguyn
BigTerp - 1 - Cheery Dog
Grimgroove - 1 - BigTerp
mnemonicdevice - 1 - Sakura Hana

Not Voting: Derivan, mnemonicdevice

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-10-04 14:35:30)

V/LA: Grimgroove through Sunday October 6
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

btw grimgroove if you're going V/LA you can use the Vacation/Limited Access tab on the User Control Panel. This will give you a V/LA tag on all your posts.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:31 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Searching for a replacement for Derivan.
....what?

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 580, Sakura Hana wrote:btw grimgroove if you're going V/LA you can use the Vacation/Limited Access tab on the User Control Panel. This will give you a V/LA tag on all your posts.
Did it! Thank you :)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 578, Sakura Hana wrote:
So removing my vote off you when im the only other alternative for a lynch today is myself is avoiding getting lynched?
I think pieguyn's shift to you made you realize lynching me will not be an option anymore, so you now shift to mnemonic.

But I agree with you that mnemonic's play is anti-town to say the least. If you hadn't been scum I'd move my vote to him as well.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 583, Grimgroove wrote:
I think pieguyn's shift to you made you realize lynching me will not be an option anymore, so you now shift to mnemonic.

But I agree with you that mnemonic's play is anti-town to say the least
. If you hadn't been scum I'd move my vote to him as well.
I agree with this. Can't recall off the top of my head who mnemonic replaced, need to go back and check out the predecessor.

You make a pretty good case against Sakura. I just have this hard to ignore, deep down feeling that your scum. Kind of like the tingling gut thing you were talking about earlier. Right or wrong, it makes it tough for me to take your case against Sakura that seriously. But you have opened my eyes a bit.

I'm still on the fence with Cheery. Pretty much a null read for me at this point. But something about him has me wanting to lean scum. Just can't quite put my finger on it.

Pie is still a town read for me. If Pie is mafia, he's playing a dandy game so far.

Derivan is about to be the next in a LONG line of replacements. Null read here as well. Mostly because when he did post, it was pretty irrelevant and again, I can't remember off the top of my head who he replaced.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

aptil replaces Derivan effective immediately.

New deadline: (expired on 2013-10-06 03:51:08)
....what?

aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Post by aptil »

Hi there. Will be reading back now .
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Post by aptil »

Loads of replacements in this game . Day 1 ended with a compromise lynch and it happened well after the deadline , so i can take that . But Grim said he had a case on Sakura back then and should have posted the case right there before the hammer .
The nightkill was obviously supposed to point at Grim and BegTerp did a great job of calling that out time and again . Don't you think Bert that is what the scum team wanted us to think or you were just happy to point us in that direction ? It makes you look opportunistic .
Sakura's play has been just as opportunistic on day 2 . Currently her scum read is Grim yet he is happy to move on and vote a non-entity currently . Her first day play was the scummiest of them all and i would have voted for her . Apart from her play the other interesting thing about VA and Sakura interaction was VA saying why Sakura always replaces into bad slots in newbie games suggesting she looks out for them and is almost certainly a scum prospect but ends up not suspecting her because she gives the friend benefit of doubt . Yes that happens on this site .
I would be voting for Sakura in some time with Terp being the second choice for a lynch .
People reading Cherry as scummy should probably reason it out more because i cannot see that .
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 587, aptil wrote:Loads of replacements in this game . Day 1 ended with a compromise lynch and it happened well after the deadline , so i can take that . But Grim said he had a case on Sakura back then and should have posted the case right there before the hammer .
The nightkill was obviously supposed to point at Grim and BegTerp did a great job of calling that out time and again . Don't you think Bert that is what the scum team wanted us to think or you were just happy to point us in that direction ? It makes you look opportunistic .
Sakura's play has been just as opportunistic on day 2 . Currently her scum read is Grim yet he is happy to move on and vote a non-entity currently . Her first day play was the scummiest of them all and i would have voted for her . Apart from her play the other interesting thing about VA and Sakura interaction was VA saying why Sakura always replaces into bad slots in newbie games suggesting she looks out for them and is almost certainly a scum prospect but ends up not suspecting her because she gives the friend benefit of doubt . Yes that happens on this site .
I would be voting for Sakura in some time with Terp being the second choice for a lynch .
People reading Cherry as scummy should probably reason it out more because i cannot see that .
It's odd that you say I point out the NK (in reference to Grim) time and again, yet I only mention it here that it could have been Grim in on the NK. I mention it again here but also explain how my vote for Grim was more from his day 1 actions, not the NK. Is this the only feel you have on me? Pie attempted to anazlyze the NK as well, is he scum also?

Like Grim, you also make some good points as to lynching Sakura. I'm starting to get convinced that I may be reading Sakura wrong. Just hoping it's not Grim and you as a scum team working the votes that way.

As far as Cheery goes, I just have a feeling that I can't figure out, but it has me wanting to read him as scum. I don't have any evidence damning enough for me to call him scum or move my vote that way though. Just a feeling I can't shake.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

prod dodge
I still wanna lynch Sakura. I agree though, mnemonic get in here and post :>
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

mnemonicdevice has been prodded.
....what?

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

So we've lost Grim on V/LA for the rest of this day now?

Not that is matters when nobody is actually posting. (and I can't talk about that either though, I'm being just as hopefully? lazy.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:47 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 585, Nobody Special wrote:
aptil replaces Derivan effective immediately.

New deadline: (expired on 2013-10-06 03:51:08)
With the new deadline, I'll be V/LA through Sunday night. Mostly LA on Saturday, but won't be around at all on Sunday.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 am

Post by BigTerp »

Well, I'm about to be V/LA. I'm still liking a Grim lynch today, but I've seen some convincing arguments for Sakura as well. I'll try to check in tonight and tomorrow, when I can, so those of you who are wanting a Sakura lynch I'd like to hear your case.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by aptil »

VOTE: Sakura Hana : This feels like the correct decision . Also i will try and be here for the deadline , if anything crops up.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

if mnemonic gets replaced we'll have 10 replacements
holy wow
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ok since it seems like nothing else is happening and i'm getting closer to lynch, I'm just gonna claim now so you guys have enough time to analyze it.

Claim: Town doctor

I healed BigTerp N1.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by pieguyn »

aw crap
unvote

so who the hell are we lynching?
In post 577, Grimgroove wrote:And with that, my vote remains where it is. Sakura Hana's shift to a lurker is, granted its pro-town arguments, mostly pro-herself not getting lynched.
This close to the deadline, lynching a lurker is just a policy lynch, which should never be an option at this stage.
Mnemonic's cage needs rattling during D2 though, so does Derivan's.
In post 583, Grimgroove wrote:

But I agree with you that mnemonic's play is anti-town to say the least. If you hadn't been scum I'd move my vote to him as well.
I don't understand this, first you say lynching a lurker is a policy lynch but now you say mnemonic is scum? can you explain it more plz
crap he's on V/LA I hope he sees this

till then
vote: mnemonic
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

What made you choose him over anybody else?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Pie, who is your own secondary scum reads? Do you have ones where you're not just following someone else?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”