Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

It looks too me as if everything rings your alarm grim, first it's me and VA, then it's me and cheery, and now you're getting an alarm on bigterp here, make up your mind!
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I made up my mind about you, what do you think about that?
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 551, Grimgroove wrote:I made up my mind about you, what do you think about that?
That it's scummy.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:49 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.04

Grimgroove - 2 - BigTerp, Sakura Hana
BigTerp - 1 - Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog - 1 - pieguyn
Sakura Hana - 1 - Grimgroove

Not Voting: Derivan, mnemonicdevice

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-10-04 14:35:30)

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 552, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 551, Grimgroove wrote:I made up my mind about you, what do you think about that?
That it's scummy.
Sounds like you've got your mind made up as well.

I think the lynch for today should either be me or Sakura Hana. Whoever has got their vote on someone else (or nobody), should move it.

If you make the sad choice of lynching me first, I know you will lynch Sakura tomorrow.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by pieguyn »

unvote vote: Sakura

still wanna see how it plays out between BigTerp and Cheery, but this should be fine for now
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

@Mod
: I'll be V/LA (but you can make that a V) starting from tomorrow until (and including) Sunday. Going to the Oktoberfesten in Munich.
If I'm not back by Monday I have died from alcohol poisoning and you may replace me.

@all: If you have any questions or comments for me specifcally, please ask them now. I'll scan the last pages for comments and questions I may have missed this afternoon.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 537, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 530, Grimgroove wrote:Cheery Dog thinking I got more town feels like buddying. I didn't get more town. I got inacitve as hell, demotivated and full of empty promises of more
Actions don't make the motivations I'm looking at in determining you town.
How can you identify my motivations if not through my actions?
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:03 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 543, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 541, BigTerp wrote:[post=The links in those posts were what I'm asking about.]The links in those posts were what I'm asking about.[/post]

Ummmm, click on them??
I have, hence why I want more explanation in non link form. (aka quotes)
Mostly so I can compare what you're saying to the post without having to flip between tabs.
If you can't decipher what I'm trying to explain from what I posted, I don't know what to tell you. Not going to do all the work for you.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:12 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 550, Sakura Hana wrote:It looks too me as if everything rings your alarm grim, first it's me
and VA
, then it's me and cheery, and now you're getting an alarm on bigterp here, make up your mind!
Possibly an innocent mistake, but VA never really rang my alarm bells. I hammered him because it was better than a no-lynch, but never was he my preferred target, mainly because I townread Banksys (VA's predecessor) so much. Check D1.
But you probably meant to say Ravenpaw, which would make the above statement correct.
But it is also obviously meant to discredit my read on you, hiding yourself among others, some of which are town. Could be a soft mentioning of your buddy inthere too, not sure, but the post looks like the product tactical scumthinking to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:13 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So is it tactical scumthinking or an innocent mistake.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:14 am

Post by Grimgroove »

The mentioning of VA is probably an innocent mistake.
The general idea behind the post is tactical scumthinking.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:15 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

What makes you think It's tactical scumthinking?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:16 am

Post by Grimgroove »

It's a way of somehow linking yourself to others who are town, under the blanket of my reads.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

The thing is tho, there's 2 scum, so by default it's impossible that all your reads are on scum, why should they be trusted when you said you have a "gift" for finding scum? more like a gift for finding mislynches.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:19 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Funny way to discredit a read of someone you claim to believe is scum.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:22 am

Post by Grimgroove »

But to answer your question: obviously not everyone who rang my alarm bells is scum. I rang some people's alarm bells and I'm not scum either. Being wrong sometimes is part of the game, and inadvertently setting off some good intentioned soul's alarm, even as town, is also part of it.

But you have done it consistently. Every comment you make comes with an alarm of such intensity all my brain cells want to evacuate to my abdomen, resulting in a tingly feeling in my belly.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:23 am

Post by Grimgroove »

The relativity of alarm bells aside, I do want Cheery Dog and BigTerp to both reply to my latest questions/comments to them. Alarm bells are always a good start.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:29 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Hmm ok I can buy that
Unvote

However I don't like how some people are lurking the game away
[/b]Vote: mnemonicdevice[/b]
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:29 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Vote: mnemonicdevice

dem tags
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:32 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 549, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 540, BigTerp wrote:
In post 533, Grimgroove wrote:I'm considering him an eager town-newbie. But he could just as well be an eager scum-newbie already seeing the win, inevitable if this kind of axtivity is kept up, in his sights, and tryin gto move people to simply speed that up.

My problem with BigTerp is that I know he's a genuine good guy, I just don't know if he's a good guy in this game.
I don't think I'm being eager at all. Just trying to get this slow poke of a game moving a bit. We went from like 19 pages day 1 to 2 pages day 2. Makes it hard to get reads when no one is posting.
Eagerness is not a bad thing. Why did you feel the need to defend yourself against my statement of you being eager?
You trying to get this game moving shows eagerness. Yet you want to deny it.

There's such a thing like looking "too town" and you're doing it right here. The alarm bells ring. Ring-a-ding-ding.

What are your thoughts on Sakura again? And on Cheery Dog?
I'm defending my "eagerness" becasue as you said I could "just as well be an eager scum-newbie already seeing the win". But in the same breath you say eagerness isn't a bad thing. Which is it?? It's posts like those that make me more and more comfortable with you being strung up. Your making assertions and then in the same post you contradict them. Looks like scum behavior to me.

Sakura seems town to me. Not really any reason in specific other than she seems to be doing some decent scumhunting, especially day 1, and I like the questions shes been asking and her respnose to questions thrown her way. I don't see any of her posts as scummy.

I'm on the fence with Cheery. Mostly because of the replacement issue. It's tough to go back through and try to correlate posts when they aren't coming from the same player. His flip-flopping on you from reading you as scum day 1 to now claiming your town has me questiong his motivation though. Not so much the change, but the fact that I think your scum makes me question that behavior.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:45 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 559, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 550, Sakura Hana wrote:It looks too me as if everything rings your alarm grim, first it's me
and VA
, then it's me and cheery, and now you're getting an alarm on bigterp here, make up your mind!
Possibly an innocent mistake, but VA never really rang my alarm bells. I hammered him because it was better than a no-lynch, but never was he my preferred target, mainly because I townread Banksys (VA's predecessor) so much. Check D1.
But you probably meant to say Ravenpaw, which would make the above statement correct.
But it is also obviously meant to discredit my read on you, hiding yourself among others, some of which are town. Could be a soft mentioning of your buddy inthere too, not sure, but the post looks like the product tactical scumthinking to me.
Hmmmm. I like this post from Grim, seems townish and makes alot of sense.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 558, BigTerp wrote: If you can't decipher what I'm trying to explain from what I posted, I don't know what to tell you. Not going to do all the work for you.
Then I'll carry on not believing you have anything it, fine by me as I'm unlikely to suddenly start wanting to sheep my scumreads.
In post 567, Grimgroove wrote:The relativity of alarm bells aside, I do want Cheery Dog and BigTerp to both reply to my latest questions/comments to them. Alarm bells are always a good start.
If it want meaningless questions answered, then answer ones given to you. (maybe it's just obvious what I mean to myself, but from what you referred was actions themselves not being town).
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 572, Cheery Dog wrote: If it want meaningless questions answered, then answer ones given to you. (maybe it's just obvious what I mean to myself, but from what you referred was actions themselves not being town).
Thank you for that cerebral aneurysm.

You say I got more town at some point. I see: "What did I do that suddenly made me more town?", then you reply something along the lines of "It's not what you do that defines you, it's why you do it.", and then I wonder:

How do you assess my motivations? What has your thought-process leading to you considering me town?
Just explain your townread on me. It looks forced, but maybe that's because I'm not a star in psycho-analysis.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:34 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 570, BigTerp wrote:I'm defending my "eagerness" becasue as you said I could "just as well be an eager scum-newbie already seeing the win". But in the same breath you say eagerness isn't a bad thing. Which is it?? It's posts like those that make me more and more comfortable with you being strung up. Your making assertions and then in the same post you contradict them. Looks like scum behavior to me.
If you don't micro-manage that post like you did here, you'll see it's not a contradiction. My linking eagerness to both scum and town in that post is the same as me saying that eagerness in itself is not bad, it's not a scumtell. It's null in the alignment perspective, and it's actually good in a general game-perspective. Eager players are active players are good for the game.

So whichever way you look at it, it's weird of you to defend yourself against my statement of you being eager.

I'm still working out my read on you, my gut says you're town and I'm trying to explain that gutread through my amateuristic psychobabble of you seeming like a good guy showing eagerness. But I second-guess myself and my gut openly, to not lead people astray, by saying most of that, in its foundation, is null.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”