Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by Yamahako »

IH it's rather simple, your scenario doesn't make sense. It would be tragic for the cop to not come forward at this point if Lowell was fake claiming. Since no one has counter-claimed, its rather safe to assume Lowell is the cop (albiet not necessarily an intellegent one). At this point, assuming no counter claim, all the discussion of discrediting Lowell right now is just distraction and not beneficial for town.

Questioning his claim at first, good town skepticism. At this point? Scummy behavior trying to lynch an unclaimed power role.

Believing in Lowell, if he's fake claimed, is really bad - and any intellegent townie cop would have counterclaimed already in order to stop Lowell from getting bells. At this point its pretty obvious scum weren't ballsy enough to risk one of their guys to have a chance at getting the Cop lynched, and Lowell is pretty confirmed.

You're pretty confirmed too, since you're trying to use craplogic to pit the town against the cop.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:10 am

Post by IH »

Le sigh. Have I said anywhere I want Lowell to be lynched?

FoS:Yamahako
I don't see the problem in the town being cautious, but whatev.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:14 am

Post by IH »

Mod
Can you tell us whether night actions may be used in conjunction with items or not?

Also, do not forget that someone can only have two items at a time....
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:26 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Mod Can you tell us whether night actions may be used in conjunction with items or not?
You may use a night actions in conjunction with night-exclusive items per the rules, but you may not use more than one night-exclusive item each night.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:07 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Yamahako wrote:IH it's rather simple, your scenario doesn't make sense. It would be tragic for the cop to not come forward at this point if Lowell was fake claiming. Since no one has counter-claimed, its rather safe to assume Lowell is the cop (albiet not necessarily an intellegent one). At this point, assuming no counter claim, all the discussion of discrediting Lowell right now is just distraction and not beneficial for town.

Questioning his claim at first, good town skepticism. At this point? Scummy behavior trying to lynch an unclaimed power role.

Believing in Lowell, if he's fake claimed, is really bad - and any intellegent townie cop would have counterclaimed already in order to stop Lowell from getting bells. At this point its pretty obvious scum weren't ballsy enough to risk one of their guys to have a chance at getting the Cop lynched, and Lowell is pretty confirmed.

You're pretty confirmed too, since you're trying to use craplogic to pit the town against the cop.
I disagree with most of that. While he may be telling the truth, I do not agree that we should assume he is cop by any means.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Jules
Jules
Goon
Jules
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Jules »

Just to let everyone know, I'm quite busy just now with exams. I'll try and have a reread at some point when I find some time but at the moment, I haven't got a clue what's been happening. Apologies
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by OverTheUnder »

We can't really not believe that he's the cop since we're nearly assured of a cop and no one's counter-claimed.
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by IH »

It's just dangerous and not smart play to take a day 1 cop claim for fact, and treat them confirmed town automatically. There is no real reason that I can think of a cop wanting the items and such....

I truly don't think the items are going to give things such as Nightkill immunity or such.... perhaps I'll be proven wrong but I seriously doubt it.
Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Goon
Rand Althor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Rand Althor »

It was a bad play for him to claim D1, I admit I had doubts, but since no one has come forward we should belive him
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

PBuG wrote:acfan:

Your idiocy is almost breathtaking. Like the Grand Canyon of human unintelligence; it's so astounding it could be a tourist attraction. Japanese people will book flights to point and stare.
WOW... you've just given me a goal, and someone to look up to.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:12 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

unvote, vote: acfan
for president, right? ;-)
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:55 am

Post by ac1983fan »

WHY IS IT SO WRONG FOR LOWELL TO TELL US WHO HE INSPECTED?
He's already claimed cop... the person who he inspected doesn't have to roleclaim, so his role would still be a mystery....
Not a dayvig.
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:02 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

ac1983fan wrote:...

He's already claimed cop... the person who he inspected doesn't have to roleclaim, so his role would still be a mystery....

The reason has been given numerous times and yet you still don't understand? You're still trying to get that name aren't you, you scum.
Vote ac1983fan
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:04 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

BECAUSE THAT PERSON WILL GET NIGHTKILLED AND WE WON'T GAIN ANYTHING FROM IT.

Lowell should only tell us who he investigated when we see a dead doctor or if one of his investigated innocents looks close to a lynch. If he tells us before then then all we're doing is asking for our confirmed innocents to be slaughtered.

confirm vote: ac1983fan
(I'm voting for him, right? If not, I should be)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:07 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

confirm vote: ac1983fan
was what that should have read as.
#greenshirtthursdays
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:43 am

Post by ac1983fan »

why would he get nightkilled? the innocent doesn't have to claim, so the mafia wouldn't know if he were a powerrole or not! what is the motivation behind killing them? ughh...
Not a dayvig.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:54 am

Post by IH »

RA wrote:It was a bad play for him to claim D1, I admit I had doubts, but since no one has come forward we should belive him
No, we shouldn't take his claim and believe him just because he's claimed cop, and not been counterclaimed.
It's a dangerous and bad play. We don't lynch him today, we need to watch his results, who he investigates and such.

Also I think his push for more bells was scummy.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Yamahako »

ac1983fan wrote:why would he get nightkilled? the innocent doesn't have to claim, so the mafia wouldn't know if he were a powerrole or not! what is the motivation behind killing them? ughh...
You're kind of frustrating :-D But in order to understand this:

Confirmed innocents are very important to town, when properly revealed near the end of the game they can be used to drastically narrow down who
can't
be mafia.

A cop can be used to both find mafia and confirm innocents. When the cop claims this early however, the doctor can't save any of the confirmed innocents. This means that if the mafia kill off every confirmed innocent every night then we are greatly reducing our numerical, informational, advantage.

Lets look at the different scenarios:

12 person game - cop claims day 1, there is a doc, 3 mafia who are good at avoiding lynches -cop names all of his townies he finds each day - townies are A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,and I, mafia are J,K, and L

Day 1 - cop verifies 'A', to be town. Town lynches 'B'
Night 1 - mafia lynches A
Day 2 - cop verifies 'C' to be town. Town lynches 'D'
Night 2 mafia lynches 'C'
Day 3 - Lynch or lose - and no one is close to knowing who the mafia are only 50/50 chance at hitting a mafia member through a lynch.

12 person game - cop claims day 1, there is a doc, 3 mafia who are good at avoiding lynches -cop doesn't name confirmed townies- townies are A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,and I, mafia are J,K, and L

Day 1 - cop knows I is town, Town lynches A
Night 1 - Mafia lynches B
Day 2 - cop knows H is town, Town lynches C
Night 2 - Mafia lynches D
Day 3 - Lynch or lose
but
, today Cop says "I and H are clear, I'm G" leaving only 4 people "unconfirmed" 3 of which are mafia. This means a 75% chance at hitting a mafia member through a lynch.

Additionally, confirmed townies are a larger liability to mafia (even if they are vanilla) because they tell the truth, and town can trust them. Even if they didn't claim, if one of them HAS an ability and they reveal information it will be 100% trusted giving the town an edge, why would mafia allow such a useful and powerful person to stay alive?
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Twito »

Sadly still no internet. I'm gonna have to start actually playing from internet cafes until I get it. This means I will be inactive but I'll atleast try.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by Cloud »

Why do we have to know? It's not going to lead us to a lynch. It's not going to lead us to anything really.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

Cloud wrote:

Why do we have to know? It's not going to lead us to a lynch. It's not going to lead us to anything really.
Not quite true. It will lead to a confirmed innocent getting NK'd.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:07 am

Post by Cloud »

Yeah alright, it's not going to lead us to anything beneficial.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:18 am

Post by Lowell »

Eh, I'm taking ac's confusion to be genuine at this point, and not scummy. WIFOM perhaps, but I really can't imagine scum behaving that way. Same with IH. I consider both to be probable town.

unvote

vote TWITO
. Eh, this one's a bit random. Something about the way he keeps saying "oops, no internet, but hey, don't forget about me, I'm here!" seems a little bit scummy.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:44 am

Post by ac1983fan »

but its true, he hasn't been active in any games lately, he just doesn't want to be replaced.
Not a dayvig.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:04 am

Post by IH »

No, it either confirms Lowells sanity, or else if the person is something neutral, we know Lowell is lying.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”