Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.03

L-1 :right: Grimgroove - 3 - BigTerp, Sakura Hana, pieguyn
BigTerp - 1 - Cheery Dog

Not Voting: Derivan, mnemonicdevice, Grimgroove

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-10-04 14:35:30)

V/LA: Grimgroove through Monday September 30
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Apparently, when I extended the deadline one day here, I neglected to change the votecount. The votecount above is correct as far as the deadline goes.
....what?

BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:15 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 380, BigTerp wrote:Glad to see Dys is back and posting. Providing some decent analysis as well. Glad to see he is thinking along the same lines as me regarding the VA and Sakura sheeping. In regards to that, I feel a bit stronger about calling Sakura town after she switched her vote to VA with good explanations. This also feels pretty townish to me.

This seems a little weird from VA. Although Grims recent postings have me looking his direction a bit. There are posts like this , , that seem scummy to me. They are mostly filler posts with a bit of scumhunting/questioning involveded. But then there are posts like this that look townish. I'm starting to lean scum on Grim.
In post 407, BigTerp wrote:I'm liking what Derivan is saying here . Seems pretty townish to me. I'm feeling more and more comfortable with either a Grim or VA lynch D1. I don't have a scum feel on Sakura. Sakura is a null to town read for me. So I would suggest we get some votes moved to either Grim or VA.
In post 523, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 522, BigTerp wrote:Not sure what you mean here? But I explained my reasons for voting Grim here 490. Admittedly, they were somewhat weak reasons, but I'm feeling more and more confident in a Grim lynch as we approach the deadline. He seems to be doing some deflecting now that he's at L-1. Curious to see his promised case on Sakura today.
YOu probably need to do some more explaining of those posts then. I'm not able to just go from post links to know exactly what you're trying to say.
Above is what I was referencing in my earlier post. It is my reasonings for feeling Grim day 1, which hasn't changed and which is why my vote day 2 was for Grim.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Sakura Hana has been prodded.
....what?

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I could swear i had posted, oh well.

Not much going on, and no one's doing anything and grimgroove is still scum in my eyes, im surprised he's being WK'd by Cherry tho, I should look into that.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:23 am

Post by Grimgroove »

You won't.
Bleh. I drank in order to aleviate my jetlag, but now I might be too drunk too post.

I'll write down what I think though. Off the top of my head. Not that there's much lost in this repsect, even when you ge tyour head into this game, there's not much to go with.

I think BigTepr is town. I do want tob e careful int his assessment though. The reasonw y have him as town is the first stzge,w hre he continuously made a good mpression on me. But scum ha amde good impressions on me before. I know there's an element of ogmus in me callnig im out on his nk-analysis, but I just feel that im linking me to the Ravenpaw kill is not something one would think of naturally. I was on Ravenpaw's back for most of the game, and after Viera Assassin's lynch I actually would hae additional arguments to get her lynched. Why as scum would I want her killed? igTerp thus linking me toh er kill just felt off.

Sakura Hana is scum.
VOTE: Sakura Hana

I am certain. Don't ask me how, I just know it. Her play is lazy in te scummy way, her vote on me jsut know, maknig it look like a compromise ("I'm fine with a GG-lynch"-, while it's obvious she would want nothing more than that is just a plain lie. That little game of he reing ianctive ere and inactive elsewhere is jyust her trying tog e ttowncred out of inaxctivity.

Inactivity is a curse in this game for sure. MAybe it's unfair to blame Ravenpaw for it all, I had previously good game experiences with her, but somehow I nevergot into this game like I got into others, and the big discussions and walls are what threw me off in the begniing. It's cirucmstances coming together, me being busy with work and suddenly walls pooping up everywherE.

Pieguyn I still regard as town, and while I said I was disapponited in him, I think I know see hiw his vote is actually sign of his disappointment in me.

Cheery Dog thinking I got more town feels like buddying. I didn't get more town. I got inacitve as hell, demotivated and full of empty promises of more
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Grimgroove »

(posted too soon)

activity. How is that more town?

My current scum-team guess is Cheery Dog - Sakura Hana, despite the first's intention to want to vote the second's. Like I said, his is off the top of my head, but the top of the head can be correct in some instances.

As regards to Pieguyn question about my apprent double-standard when it comes to nightkill-analysis: I guess seeing my name linked to the Ravnepaw kill jsut did it for me ni this respect. I don't think thi is a logical conclusion to draw (as I could have just continued to try to go for ehr lycnh), and when I saw it drawn alarm bells started ringing.

I hope I'llb e bothered to make a case on Sakura. Three days left till deadline.

If I am lynched I want at the very least tat people will look past my laziness after my flip and take my gut for what it's worth. I'd like to think it's worth a lot.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 530, Grimgroove wrote:I do want tob e careful int his assessment though.
Why?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I'm considering him an eager town-newbie. But he could just as well be an eager scum-newbie already seeing the win, inevitable if this kind of axtivity is kept up, in his sights, and tryin gto move people to simply speed that up.

My problem with BigTerp is that I know he's a genuine good guy, I just don't know if he's a good guy in this game.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

We aren't in lylo right?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Maybe you could RVS to further illustrate your complete non-involvement in this game?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 527, BigTerp wrote:
In post 380, BigTerp wrote:Glad to see Dys is back and posting. Providing some decent analysis as well. Glad to see he is thinking along the same lines as me regarding the VA and Sakura sheeping. In regards to that, I feel a bit stronger about calling Sakura town after she switched her vote to VA with good explanations. This also feels pretty townish to me.

This seems a little weird from VA. Although Grims recent postings have me looking his direction a bit. There are posts like this , , that seem scummy to me. They are mostly filler posts with a bit of scumhunting/questioning involveded. But then there are posts like this that look townish. I'm starting to lean scum on Grim.
In post 407, BigTerp wrote:I'm liking what Derivan is saying here . Seems pretty townish to me. I'm feeling more and more comfortable with either a Grim or VA lynch D1. I don't have a scum feel on Sakura. Sakura is a null to town read for me. So I would suggest we get some votes moved to either Grim or VA.
In post 523, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 522, BigTerp wrote:Not sure what you mean here? But I explained my reasons for voting Grim here 490. Admittedly, they were somewhat weak reasons, but I'm feeling more and more confident in a Grim lynch as we approach the deadline. He seems to be doing some deflecting now that he's at L-1. Curious to see his promised case on Sakura today.
YOu probably need to do some more explaining of those posts then. I'm not able to just go from post links to know exactly what you're trying to say.
Above is what I was referencing in my earlier post. It is my reasonings for feeling Grim day 1, which hasn't changed and which is why my vote day 2 was for Grim.
The links in those posts were what I'm asking about.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 530, Grimgroove wrote:Cheery Dog thinking I got more town feels like buddying. I didn't get more town. I got inacitve as hell, demotivated and full of empty promises of more
Actions don't make the motivations I'm looking at in determining you town.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Grimgroove wrote:I am certain. Don't ask me how, I just know it.
oh hell no not this again. this seems way too familiar *looks at Ravenpaw/Banksys* :P
Grimgroove wrote:As regards to Pieguyn question about my apprent double-standard when it comes to nightkill-analysis: I guess seeing my name linked to the Ravnepaw kill jsut did it for me ni this respect. I don't think thi is a logical conclusion to draw (as I could have just continued to try to go for ehr lycnh), and when I saw it drawn alarm bells started ringing.
makes sense for me

unvote

In post 534, mnemonicdevice wrote:We aren't in lylo right?
you do realize it's impossible for there to be a LyLo on D2 with this setup right

and that just by looking at the thread title you can clearly see it's D2
Cheery Dog wrote:I think the only read I've had change since I replaced out was Grim becoming more town.
Cheery Dog wrote:Actions don't make the motivations I'm looking at in determining you town.
wait I thought all of D1 you thought Grimgroove was scum, not town?

can you say what made you change your opinion plz? mb I just missed it

until then, why not
vote: Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 538, pieguyn wrote:wait I thought all of D1 you thought Grimgroove was scum, not town?

can you say what made you change your opinion plz? mb I just missed it
Basically it started going that way from when I unvoted him Day 1, but I think it's basically got to the stage of hy I was reading VA town - there's just too much of the one thing continuously, although it isn't really being brought to our attention by anybody with the amount of inactivity this game has suffered.
I'm not actually expecting him to produce his case on Sakura (I don't think he ever did with Ravenpaw either).

If he turns out scum, then I guess my reply to Banksy about not revealing town reads may have been wrong.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:22 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 533, Grimgroove wrote:I'm considering him an eager town-newbie. But he could just as well be an eager scum-newbie already seeing the win, inevitable if this kind of axtivity is kept up, in his sights, and tryin gto move people to simply speed that up.

My problem with BigTerp is that I know he's a genuine good guy, I just don't know if he's a good guy in this game.
I don't think I'm being eager at all. Just trying to get this slow poke of a game moving a bit. We went from like 19 pages day 1 to 2 pages day 2. Makes it hard to get reads when no one is posting.

What does me being a "genuine good guy" have anything to do with weither I'm scum or not?
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:23 am

Post by BigTerp »

[post=The links in those posts were what I'm asking about.]The links in those posts were what I'm asking about.[/post]

Ummmm, click on them??
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 540, BigTerp wrote:
In post 533, Grimgroove wrote:I'm considering him an eager town-newbie. But he could just as well be an eager scum-newbie already seeing the win, inevitable if this kind of axtivity is kept up, in his sights, and tryin gto move people to simply speed that up.

What does me being a "genuine good guy" have anything to do with weither I'm scum or not?
Nothing.
A flaw of mine is that I tend to let that influence my reads, as it influences my gut. I am aware of the problem and try to minimize it, but there you have it.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 541, BigTerp wrote:[post=The links in those posts were what I'm asking about.]The links in those posts were what I'm asking about.[/post]

Ummmm, click on them??
I have, hence why I want more explanation in non link form. (aka quotes)
Mostly so I can compare what you're saying to the post without having to flip between tabs.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 532, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 530, Grimgroove wrote:I do want tob e careful int his assessment though.
Why?
Why was it this part in particular that made you feel like questioning me?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

The fact that you felt the need to post that you had to be careful on that assessment.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

keyword being: careful.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Grimgroove »

That doesn't answer the why-question.

Also, if you look through the poor spelling (sorry about that), you can see that I do try to explain that in the same paragraph from whence the sentence you picked out hails.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 546, Sakura Hana wrote:keyword being: careful.

oooooooooooooooooooh

the plot thickens!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:21 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 540, BigTerp wrote:

I don't think I'm being eager at all. Just trying to get this slow poke of a game moving a bit. We went from like 19 pages day 1 to 2 pages day 2. Makes it hard to get reads when no one is posting.
Eagerness is not a bad thing. Why did you feel the need to defend yourself against my statement of you being eager?
You trying to get this game moving shows eagerness. Yet you want to deny it.

There's such a thing like looking "too town" and you're doing it right here. The alarm bells ring. Ring-a-ding-ding.

What are your thoughts on Sakura again? And on Cheery Dog?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”