Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 498, Grimgroove wrote:Your NK-analysis pointing to me seems highly opportunistic to me.
I'm really surprised you don't mention this when I tried to analyze NKs, just this

how come you didn't question me when I did it? 0.0 instead you just posted the NK choice was probably irrelevant.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

UGH... Been sick and haven't been able to read this game. I PROMISE over this weekend I will do lots and lots of posting. AND lots and lots of reading.
Derivan
Derivan
Townie
Derivan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Post by Derivan »

Ok so far my thoughts are Bigterp voting pattern day 1 seems somewhat suspicious to me in light of the NK, but going back over his ISO I am still reading him as town.

@mnemonic
Could you expand on why you think Bigterp is scum? Looking forward to your lots of posting.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Searching for a replacement for JasonWazza.

I forgot that Cheery Dog had let me know his circumstances had cleared up; and so,

Cheery Dog replaces JasonWazza effective immediately.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:35 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 500, pieguyn wrote:
In post 498, Grimgroove wrote:Your NK-analysis pointing to me seems highly opportunistic to me.
I'm really surprised you don't mention this when I tried to analyze NKs, just this

how come you didn't question me when I did it? 0.0
instead you just posted the NK choice was probably irrelevant.
Which boils down to the same core message, only your analysis didn't feel as prepondered upon.

If anything, I think the Ravenpaw kill is somehow meant to exonerate everyone else on the Viera Assassin wagon. oing to analyze that once I get out of V/LA. I forgot about my case on Sakura, I've been promising it for such a long time now, I'll do a re-read of the entire thing as it's been such a long time I basically forgot what's going on here.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I'm surprised no one has pointed out me posting elsewhere while not posting here, despite me doing that on purpose, my V/LA is more on the Limited Access side otherwise i wouldn't be able to post anywhere at all.

Well guess there goes my chance at trying to see who's actually trying to see if im doing anything suspicious, grimgroove seems like he keeps mentioning how im scum yet he never researched on anything that i've been doing.

Yeah ok im fine with this.

Vote: Grimgroove
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.02

Grimgroove - 2 - BigTerp, Sakura Hana

Not Voting: pieguyn, Derivan, mnemonicdevice, Grimgroove, Cheery Dog

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-10-04 14:35:30)

V/LA: Grimgroove through Monday September 30; Sakura Hana through Sunday September 29
Last edited by Nobody Special on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
....what?

BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:19 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 505, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm surprised no one has pointed out me posting elsewhere while not posting here, despite me doing that on purpose, my V/LA is more on the Limited Access side otherwise i wouldn't be able to post anywhere at all.

Well guess there goes my chance at trying to see who's actually trying to see if im doing anything suspicious,
grimgroove seems like he keeps mentioning how im scum yet he never researched on anything that i've been doing.

Yeah ok im fine with this.

Vote: Grimgroove
This is a good point. I know Grim has been wanting you strung up for awhile now. Without going back through the mess of day 1, I don't remember him laying out much of a case against you though.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 504, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 500, pieguyn wrote:

how come you didn't question me when I did it? 0.0
instead you just posted the NK choice was probably irrelevant.
Which boils down to the same core message, only your analysis didn't feel as prepondered upon.
prepondered upon? I don't understand = = can you explain better why my NK analysis was somehow better or less opportunistic than BigTerp's?
In post 504, Grimgroove wrote:If anything, I think the Ravenpaw kill is somehow meant to exonerate everyone else on the Viera Assassin wagon. oing to analyze that once I get out of V/LA. I forgot about my case on Sakura, I've been promising it for such a long time now, I'll do a re-read of the entire thing as it's been such a long time I basically forgot what's going on here.
says NK choice is irrelevant

states intent to analyze the NK choice
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also 8 replacements now
I don't think this is how a newbie game normally goes XD... 8 replacements, huge explosion on D1 followed by huge inactivity D2, IC replaces out then replaces back in

still want mnemonic's and Cheery's reads currently. we're starting to run out of time o.o
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 am

Post by BigTerp »

Yeah, the deadline is creeping up quickly. Lets get some activity!!!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

how's this for activity
vote: Grimgroove
L - 1 vote watch out
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Hmmm bad timing on being being v/la. (I'd probably have been better lurking until might seeing as Jason didn't do much.)

retreading up now anyway.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 511, pieguyn wrote:how's this for activity
vote: Grimgroove
L - 1 vote watch out
HOPEFULLLY this will get something going.!!! What are your reasons for Grim?

Glad to see Cheery back, hope to see others filing in shortly as well.

Fixed quote tag. Preview is your friend. ~~NS
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:16 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Back from V/LA tomorrow. pieguyn, you dissappoint me gravely. You are reading way too much in me having largely ignored something you may have said just after the nightstage. Sakura is behaving as I expected. Who not with their head in the game would vote for such easy reasonz? Scum. Tommorrow I'm having that case. The reason why I don't is not because of my alignment (how could it be...) but because, like every single one of you, I can't seem to begin caring about this game anymore.

But I don't want to get lynched. It would ruin my clean streak so far in only having been killed throug nightkills so far.

Meh.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:17 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 505, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm surprised no one has pointed out me posting elsewhere while not posting here, despite me doing that on purpose
:?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:24 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 514, Grimgroove wrote:Back from V/LA tomorrow. pieguyn, you dissappoint me gravely. You are reading way too much in me having largely ignored something you may have said just after the nightstage. Sakura is behaving as I expected. Who not with their head in the game would vote for such easy reasonz? Scum. Tommorrow I'm having that case. The reason why I don't is not because of my alignment (how could it be...) but because, like every single one of you, I can't seem to begin caring about this game anymore.

But I don't want to get lynched. It would ruin my clean streak so far in only having been killed throug nightkills so far.

Meh.
BigTerp wrote:HOPEFULLLY this will get something going.!!! What are your reasons for Grim?
honestly I just wanna move the game along by putting a L-1

I also find it weird how Grim said BigTerp's NK analysis was "opportunistic" and still hasn't explained why, when he analyzed the NK himself.

Grimgroove: answer my question plz. how come you still haven't answered it? instead you seem to just redirect attention onto Sakura

Derivan get in here and post plz
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

mnemonicdevice has been prodded.
....what?

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I was thinking of attempting the whole thread, but couldn't be bothered, so I've gone from when I got the news which led up to me requesting replacement day 1. (I'll give further details on that if people want them when the game finishes, but that doesn't concern the gamestate so they'll wait).
In post 408, Ravenpaw wrote:@Cheery- You never answered why you are reading VA as town.
It was his conviction as to that he was right, while it was in my opinion a nonsense case, there was town motivation somewhere in there.
and I think I recall reading somebody else asking why I said an earlier question was good, but I didn't find it again just then, but the question that led up to me calling VA a townread (aka my last post before the sad news reached me), was good as it focused me into looking into it rather than what I had been doing in ignoring VA.

Actually that's the only post I found to respond to from what remained of Day 1.
In post 461, pieguyn wrote:WOW I CALLED IT SO HARD
This was a reaction to what? (night kill or VA flip?)
If the latter, why did you decide to vote VA and not attempt to force the Sakuna lynch again? As far as I can see from your post before the end of day 1, you'd read the rules and seen NS has plurality lynches, so why was your vote stuck on VA?
In post 478, BigTerp wrote:ANOTHER replacement!!!!

I'm not mafia, by the way.
YOu know I don't think I believe you. You haven't managed to change my reads from Day 1, and all that is currently happening is you are one of the people trying to get activity happening by telling people to be active.
In post 486, BigTerp wrote:This game has been a mess!!! It hurts my head going back through and reading. But from what I can decipher, Grimgroove is scum.

VOTE: GRIM
That's some tough codebreaking there? I can't find that solution that much at all.
In post 487, Grimgroove wrote: I'm on V/LA so not much time, but you have to make a case before voting me.
I quite
how much you keep reminding people of this. How come you felt this need so much?
In post 505, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm surprised no one has pointed out me posting elsewhere while not posting here, despite me doing that on purpose, my V/LA is more on the Limited Access side otherwise i wouldn't be able to post anywhere at all.
People not looking at activity levels in an inactive game compared to a presumably active game..
Where was this meant to be going, when
noone
has been posting in this game?

VOTE: BigTerp

Still also happy to lynch Sakura as I was when I voted there yesterday.

I think the only read I've had change since I replaced out was Grim becoming more town.

Need to look more into the Derivan and mnemoicdevice slots more.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:01 am

Post by pieguyn »

Cheery wrote:This was a reaction to what? (night kill or VA flip?)
Ravenpaw and VA both being town. I was saying all of D1 it was a town vs town and what do you know it was o/
Cheery wrote:If the latter, why did you decide to vote VA and not attempt to force the Sakuna lynch again? As far as I can see from your post before the end of day 1, you'd read the rules and seen NS has plurality lynches, so why was your vote stuck on VA?
yeah that's a good point. 0.0 really I just wanted to put a L - 1 and see what happened. but then no one did anything = = and at that point I thought it would be too late to try a Sakura lynch so I didn't bother. mb I should have anyway
Cheery wrote:I quite like how much you keep reminding people of this. How come you felt this need so much?
if you can, can you explain why you like it plz? I'm really curious as I find something like that to be a scumread o.o
Cheery wrote:People not looking at activity levels in an inactive game compared to a presumably active game..
Where was this meant to be going, when noone has been posting in this game?
no one was actually looking at it besides her haha
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 am

Post by Grimgroove »

so jetlagged :(
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 519, pieguyn wrote:if you can, can you explain why you like it plz? I'm really curious as I find something like that to be a scumread o.o
like as in that he had managed to do it without it attracting any attention before I came back into the game. (I did put the word in italics for a reason)
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 478, BigTerp wrote:ANOTHER replacement!!!!

I'm not mafia, by the way.
YOu know I don't think I believe you. You haven't managed to change my reads from Day 1, and all that is currently happening is you are one of the people trying to get activity happening by telling people to be active.
My claim that I'm not mafia was in response to Mnemonicdevice calling me scum shortly after he joined the game, FWIW. And yes, I'm been wanting to get conversation/activity going, without it we have zero chance to catch scum slipping up. My vote on Grim was partially because he was the only feel I had, and partially to try and get some discussion going. I'm as disinterested in this game at this point as most others seem to be. It's been slow, filled with confusing replacements, and day 1 was a complete mess of confusing quote walls and lengthy posts. But, I was hoping day 2 would be better.........
In post 486, BigTerp wrote:This game has been a mess!!! It hurts my head going back through and reading. But from what I can decipher, Grimgroove is scum.

VOTE: GRIM
That's some tough codebreaking there? I can't find that solution that much at all.
Not sure what you mean here? But I explained my reasons for voting Grim here . Admittedly, they were somewhat weak reasons, but I'm feeling more and more confident in a Grim lynch as we approach the deadline. He seems to be doing some deflecting now that he's at L-1. Curious to see his promised case on Sakura today.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:08 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 522, BigTerp wrote:Not sure what you mean here? But I explained my reasons for voting Grim here 490. Admittedly, they were somewhat weak reasons, but I'm feeling more and more confident in a Grim lynch as we approach the deadline. He seems to be doing some deflecting now that he's at L-1. Curious to see his promised case on Sakura today.
YOu probably need to do some more explaining of those posts then. I'm not able to just go from post links to know exactly what you're trying to say.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:17 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Derivan has been prodded.
....what?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”