Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Cloud »

Lowell wrote:Also, I'd still kindly request someone who believes me to give me one more bell. Should our doc turn out to fall for the ac/IH plan of "I don't trust the claim!" I could be dead tomorrow and you'll all be sorry. I'd like to find out if the net can offer any protection.
I highly doubt a net is going to provide any protection. I don't see it being used much in self-defense these days.

--

Lowell not giving us his innocent now isn't going to do any harm. If he were to give out his innocent, the mafia would have someone to target. When it comes down to outing mafia, a list of living innocents is going to be more useful then a bunch of dead innocents.

All the more reason if Lowell is lying, as we won't be fooled by his false innocent. Unless, of course, we decide to lynch Lowell's innocent in order to prove the validity of Lowell's claim. However, we should be more concerned with lynching mafia then deliberating the authenticity of Lowell's cop claim.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:23 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Cloud wrote:
Lowell wrote:Also, I'd still kindly request someone who believes me to give me one more bell. Should our doc turn out to fall for the ac/IH plan of "I don't trust the claim!" I could be dead tomorrow and you'll all be sorry. I'd like to find out if the net can offer any protection.
I highly doubt a net is going to provide any protection. I don't see it being used much in self-defense these days.

--

Lowell not giving us his innocent now isn't going to do any harm. If he were to give out his innocent, the mafia would have someone to target. When it comes down to outing mafia, a list of living innocents is going to be more useful then a bunch of dead innocents.

All the more reason if Lowell is lying, as we won't be fooled by his false innocent. Unless, of course, we decide to lynch Lowell's innocent in order to prove the validity of Lowell's claim. However, we should be more concerned with lynching mafia then deliberating the authenticity of Lowell's cop claim.
While Lowell was dumb for coming out so early, without a counter-claim, you pretty much have to assume he's town. Simply because any real cop could counter-claim and then get protection every night - seeing no claims yet - I'm about 85% sure he's legit.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Kison »

Cloud wrote:All the more reason if Lowell is lying, as we won't be fooled by his false innocent. Unless, of course, we decide to lynch Lowell's innocent in order to prove the validity of Lowell's claim.
I thought I made it clear the first time I said this. Lynching his innocent will not confirm anything. If he's scum, he knows who the townies are and therefore would just pick any random townie and call it his investigation. If he's a cop, he will obviously give us a legit townie name, also. So by lynching whoever Lowell gives us, they'll still turn up town.

As for not letting us be distracted, well, that's the risk we have to take. If we approach a lynch on his confirmed innocent, he will THEN come out and tell us. Chances are, however, that it will not happen for some time.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:08 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Just because there is no counter-claim means nothing. Since the real cop could be waiting as to not reveal himself early, I strongly reccomend we stop the flow of bells to Lowell.

More later.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:46 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Lowell wrote: Right now I'm still assuming (over ac's objections, apparently) that the DOC will protect me tonight.
what if their isn't a doc... i can't think of one name from animal crossing that would fit the role of doctor...
also, i never said you weren't cop, i just said you should give us the person you investigated... they don't have to roleclaim...

as i side note, i'm suprised noone has discovered what my role is yet... i think i hinted at it pretty obviously...

mod, votecount please
Not a dayvig.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:30 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

ac1983fan wrote:as i side note, i'm suprised noone has discovered what my role is yet... i think i hinted at it pretty obviously...
STFU N00B DON'T ADVERTISE YOUR ROLE-HINT TO THE MAFIA

Just because people aren't saying it doesn't mean they have to tell everyone else! WHY DID YOU MAKE SUCH A MASSIVE HINT ANYWAY?

This town makes me want to harm myself. It really does.
#greenshirtthursdays
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:34 am

Post by ac1983fan »

just chill dude.... i thought i'd have some fun...
Not a dayvig.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:48 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

ac1983fan wrote:just chill dude.... i thought i'd have some fun...
That's not a good reason to say 'hey, mafia? Kill me please?'
#greenshirtthursdays
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:02 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

Sorry not posting recently I came down with the flu and am just getting over it now.
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
OverTheUnder
OverTheUnder
Goon
OverTheUnder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:03 am

Post by OverTheUnder »

EBWOP: Sorry for not posting recently I've been sick with the flu
[i]Have you seeeeen the marvelous breadfish, swimming through the oceans waterrsssss.[/i]
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 am

Post by ac1983fan »

its not like my role is anything special....
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 am

Post by ac1983fan »

^that was a response to channeldelibird
Not a dayvig.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:35 am

Post by IH »

Kison wrote:
IH wrote:WHY would a cop counterclaim at this point?
1) To stop the flow of bells to the fake cop
2) To avoid later questioning of why he didn't refute Lowell's claim at an earlier time.
3) To stop Lowell from falsely leading us. If Lowell is cop, he could just claim he hit an innocent every night.
IH wrote:and it may help to validate/disprove Lowells claim down the road.
How?
1.yeah, but bells shouldn't even be given to a cop? How's he going to use the items AND his night action?
2.That's an easy one. If Lowell investigates and reveals innocents, the cop comes out and refutes those innocents.
3.We clearly won't trust him if we don't call him town.

A cop is not going to counterclaim day one, if just to stop blocking/mafia options of killing him. You have no idea what is in this game, including day kills, superkills or anything as such. If I was a cop, I would not counterclaim day 1 myself.

How would it validate his claim? Not only will that kill tell us if he is right and a cop, it will also tell HIM his sanity.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Kison »

IH wrote:1.yeah, but bells shouldn't even be given to a cop? How's he going to use the items AND his night action?
Show me where the rules specify that he cannot use his investigating powers while using an item.

Also, he is the only reliable candidate for the bells. He has investigated an innocent, and can will his bells to said person.
IH wrote:2.That's an easy one. If Lowell investigates and reveals innocents, the cop comes out and refutes those innocents.
If Lowell was scum and a smart scum, he'd not call a scum innocent unless there was a really good reason to. He'd "investigate" players who he KNOWS are innocent and just never "investigate" a scum by "chance".
IH wrote:3.We clearly won't trust him if we don't call him town.
And we clearly don't know if he's not town or not. We have to assume. Else we risk losing our best chance at finding the scum.

Vote : IH

ac1983fan wrote:as i side note, i'm suprised noone has discovered what my role is yet... i think i hinted at it pretty obviously...
My response to this is pretty much the same as CDB's...
ac1983fan wrote:its not like my role is anything special....
Regardless,
you have confirmed that you have a roll and you are now higher priority than any normal townie
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:10 am

Post by ac1983fan »

everybody has a role... :screwyface:
Not a dayvig.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

vote: IH
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 am

Post by Yamahako »

sigh,
Unvote, Vote IH
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Twito »

You gotta be kidding me people 8 pages in less than a week.. I'm gonna have so much fun re-reading.. not.
Today someone is coming to check on my internet so I'll be getting to that re-read within this week. When there is no doubt double the amount of stuff to read there is now.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by TBuG »

acfan, you are stoopid. And have a scummy character.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by TBuG »

acfan:

Your idiocy is almost breathtaking. Like the Grand Canyon of human unintelligence; it's so astounding it could be a tourist attraction. Japanese people will book flights to point and stare.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Lowell »

Make that a
vote acfan
. Stop trying to set up the scum to kill me.

Fuckin' brutal....
Rand Althor
Rand Althor
Goon
Rand Althor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Post by Rand Althor »

Vote:IH
the logic your using is bad.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by IH »

So instead of hopping on a wagon mindlessly, anyone care to explain why my reasons that I have layed out, in the event that Lowell is fake claiming cop is bad. You don't blindly trust someone because they just claim cop for NO REASON, other than to get some bells. I mean seriously.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by IH »

EBWOP:Instead of bad, point out how I'm scummy for suggesting them.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by Cloud »

Kison wrote:
IH wrote:1.yeah, but bells shouldn't even be given to a cop? How's he going to use the items AND his night action?
Show me where the rules specify that he cannot use his investigating powers while using an item.

Also, he is the only reliable candidate for the bells. He has investigated an innocent, and can will his bells to said person.
And yet, he was asking for more bells to
buy a net
, as opposed to willing it to his innocent.

--

IH has a point, this could very well be a ploy by the mafia to bait to cop into counter claiming.

As I pointed out before, Lowell suggested the cop to come out, using the excuse that he wanted to get suggestions. Many people thought this to be rather scummy, and thus refuted this plan. Lowell then goes ahead and claims cop anyway, despite the protestations of countless townies. What was the point of suggesting this plan, if he was going to go through with it anyway? What other possible reason could he have, besides attempting to bait a cop out?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”