Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 368, Sakura Hana wrote:Unrelated: If you want I can resize your osu! avatar for MS dimmensions (100x100)
thx, I just went ahead and did it myself LOL
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 374, Ravenpaw wrote:@Cheery- You say that VA is saying nonsense about you, so pray tell, why is this not scum motivated in your view? Does none of the stuff he's been accusing you of been pinging your radar?
I haven't triggered any motivations from why he's doing it, therefore I believe it's best to leave that for other people that don't know my alignment.

It's nonsense as I don't understand how it indicates scum, but I can see that he somehow believes it does.

also thank you for this good question, as it actually put my thoughts in order on VA, enough to say I've started reading him town.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.09

Sakura Hana - 3 - Grimgroove, pieguyn, Cheery Dog
Viera Assassin - 3 - Ravenpaw, Sakura Hana, BigTerp
Grimgroove - 2 - Derivan, Viera Assassin
Derivan - 1 - Dyslexicon

Not Voting: ...

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-09-13 05:51:40)

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Please note the shiny new deadline.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:39 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I could actually compromise for a Grimgroove lynch actually, he's been reaching quite a lot lately.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:44 am

Post by BigTerp »

Glad to see Dys is back and posting. Providing some decent analysis as well. Glad to see he is thinking along the same lines as me regarding the VA and Sakura sheeping. In regards to that, I feel a bit stronger about calling Sakura town after she switched her vote to VA with good explanations. This also feels pretty townish to me.

This seems a little weird from VA. Although Grims recent postings have me looking his direction a bit. There are posts like this , , that seem scummy to me. They are mostly filler posts with a bit of scumhunting/questioning involveded. But then there are posts like this that look townish. I'm starting to lean scum on Grim.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:46 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 379, Sakura Hana wrote:I could actually compromise for a Grimgroove lynch actually, he's been reaching quite a lot lately.
With your vote on VA, do you have any thoughts that VA coud be bussing Grim? I tend to agree with you in regards to Grims recents posts.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 381, BigTerp wrote:
In post 379, Sakura Hana wrote:I could actually compromise for a Grimgroove lynch actually, he's been reaching quite a lot lately.
With your vote on VA, do you have any thoughts that VA coud be bussing Grim? I tend to agree with you in regards to Grims recents posts.
Possibly, but I dont like making associations without flips, and specially on D1.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

EBWODP: "Without scum flips"
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:55 am

Post by pieguyn »

Cheery Dog wrote:Sakura makes a good enough compromise though.
just curious, why Sakura over Grimgroove? seems you were suspecting both of them at points
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 380, BigTerp wrote:Glad to see Dys is back and posting. Providing some decent analysis as well. Glad to see he is thinking along the same lines as me regarding the VA and Sakura sheeping. In regards to that, I feel a bit stronger about calling Sakura town after she switched her vote to VA with good explanations. This also feels pretty townish to me.

This seems a little weird from VA. Although Grims recent postings have me looking his direction a bit. There are posts like this , , that seem scummy to me. They are mostly filler posts with a bit of scumhunting/questioning involveded. But then there are posts like this that look townish. I'm starting to lean scum on Grim.
There's no filler, I just like metaphors to get my point across but everything I said relates directly to the game. The messages in those "scummy posts" should be clear.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Mighty big of you :shifty:
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Derivan
Derivan
Townie
Derivan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Derivan »

@MOD
Thanks for the deadline extension!
In post 361, Dyslexicon wrote: My reaction was like "really, you vote because of a silly joking post like that?" -_-
In post 343, Grimgroove wrote:In this case it's used in a scummy way. The word is made to express a non-commital remark that can later be referred to as a crucial element in a case.

Like what I did with Sakura Hana, but without the word "pinging". Because I don't care about being careful about my words. I think Sakura is scum and want him lynched.

Sakura is clearly not working with the same mindset with all his pinging.

Now unvote me, or at least spell my name right :p
And then "Wut, it was serious?"
Er...
Yeah.

Lost my train of thoughts in the maze of quotes along the lines. I'll try not be gone for so long again, as it just totally confuses me.
However, I reeeeally don't like Devian's post, and wasn't impressed by Wolfie's nothingness either. Likely scumz to me.
@Dyslexicon
No worries on misspelling my name happens quite a bit. Also yeah preview is your friend :)

I hadn't read the whole game yet when I posted last. I have now.

I read Wolf as Lazy/IRL busy newbie town. I would have been suspicious of his lack of content and possible lurking, but as to the exact reason for Banksys's final FoS I really have no idea. Banksys's posts are all over the place (and doesn't mention Wolf before that post), first in some other language and then mostly just dishing out insults and tunneling Raven. Her case on Raven was pretty weak IMO. I give her slot a leaning scum read and VA's posts haven't really changed that read.

My vote for Grim was a quick reaction test as I was working a few pages back to at least get something going. His reaction and OMGUS vote isn't rubbing me the right way. He is currently filed under very possible scum.

You seem to agree that it was odd that he tried to make a serious case with such a weak 'joke-like' case. Could you expand on what specifically you didn't like about my post/vote?
In post 352, Grimgroove wrote:@Derivan
Why are you intent on lynching liabilities to town rather than scum?
@Grim
I voted for you in order to elicit a reaction (I readily admitted that I hadn't completed reading the thread and was working backwards), not because of your apparent lack of attention to detail. I am intent on lynching scum, which based on your reaction I now believe you might be.

As for guessing my gender correctly. Thanks, I guess?

You should explain why in post you are really breaking down and reading the game closely and now are making weak cases. Are you just a burnt out liability or scum? You seem to be attempting to do some scum hunting early on and now this, it's confusing.

@Sakura
I think a Grim/VA or a Grim/CD (see reasoning below) scum team is possible. Would make sense with VA jumping on the wagon after I started it. What do you think about those possibilities?

And speaking of which...

@VA
How do you explain having 100% reads and jumping so suddenly onto the grim wagon I started?

Reasoning for Grim/CD:
So far I'm reading Terp as town, his explains for me and early on I read his activity as pro-town. I don't agree with the mincing of his L-1, L-2 stance. I think at least one scum are likely on the early part of his wagon. So CD might fit the bill there.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 387, Derivan wrote:I voted for you in order to elicit a reaction (I readily admitted that I hadn't completed reading the thread and was working backwards), not because of your apparent lack of attention to detail. I am intent on lynching scum, which based on your reaction I now believe you might be.
Explain yourself.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 387, Derivan wrote:You should explain why in post 93 you are really breaking down and reading the game closely and now are making weak cases. Are you just a burnt out liability or scum? You seem to be attempting to do some scum hunting early on and now this, it's confusing.
My case on Sakura Hana is not weak. Read what I wrote. Don't just look at it. READ.
I'll explain if I have to but fuck, it's tedious. So tedious, when you could just be reading :(
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 387, Derivan wrote:My vote for Grim was a quick reaction test as I was working a few pages back to at least get something going. His reaction and OMGUS vote isn't rubbing me the right way. He is currently filed under very possible scum.
OMGUS vote?
Boy making shit up.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Viera Assassin »

In post 371, Ravenpaw wrote:To my knowledge she never displayed any frustration or a sense of being overwhelmed by it. In fact people were complimenting her on her confidence.
Someone's comment about her replacing out then signing up for another game immediately made me infer that she replaced out in frustration.
The "people" complimenting her on her confidence was Grim, who's scum.
In post 371, Ravenpaw wrote:But she said that when she first made her case on me. Doesn't confbias only become apparent when you've been battling someone for a while and you just want them lynched so that's when you start biasing against them?
Nope. Confbias can appear anytime.
In post 371, Ravenpaw wrote:Townies tunnel on townies all the time. That's what I think was going on with Grim here. Needless to say, he no longer pings my radar.
Except that you shouldn't tunnel on obvtown.
In post 371, Ravenpaw wrote:Can't you just tell me who your buddy is?
I don't have a buddy.
In post 371, Ravenpaw wrote:*sigh* I really should do some meta checks to see how Sakura interacts with her buddies (whether she sheeps them/calls them town etc) but I'm just feeling so lazy.
Sakura isn't scum.
In post 371, Ravenpaw wrote:Yes.
But I just feel so sure about you VA, I'd say you are probably the strongest scum read I've ever had, ever.
That's some pretty good effort.
In post 373, Cheery Dog wrote:Maybe you'd get listened to if you had correct reads rather than whatever the nonsense is about allowing stuff to happen
My reads are correct
In post 374, Ravenpaw wrote:@Cheery- You say that VA is saying nonsense about you, so pray tell, why is this not scum motivated in your view? Does none of the stuff he's been accusing you of been pinging your radar?
He's discrediting over refuting.
In post 376, Cheery Dog wrote:also thank you for this good question, as it actually put my thoughts in order on VA, enough to say I've started reading him town.
wat
In post 380, BigTerp wrote:This 369 seems a little weird from VA.
I called Grim/Cheery scumteam. Why wouldn't I want to lynch Grim?
In post 387, Derivan wrote:@VA
How do you explain having 100% reads and jumping so suddenly onto the grim wagon I started?
I nailed Grimscum in my catchup post (technically way before you did), do I need to have a reason other than "this lynch looks like it'll actually happen" when I'm voting between two scum?
In post 347, BigTerp wrote:Now reading through what VA has posted since I had a few questions for her here 215. This is her response 253. My questions were to general. Yet she took the time to spew out a wall of quotes and reactions. What's the point in avoiding questions that are specific to you, no matter how general?
That post was not an answer to your , it was my entrance/catch-up post.

I have not avoided them either, if you look closely the entirety of 253 is an answer.

So I have not addressed them specifically as I did answer each of them.
Where is my Petalchaser?
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Viera Assassin »

Hey Sakura would you prefer it if I stopped answering questions and being sure of my reads and started fencesitting going 'oh these are D1 reads they totally might be wrong'
but that isn't going to happen, sooooo
Where is my Petalchaser?
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:29 am

Post by Viera Assassin »

was supposted to end this game why is it taking so looong
Where is my Petalchaser?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I liked your predecessor much better.
You did not nail me. You called me out for blatantly sheeping your slot before your arrival, which is not an established fact. It's a fantasy.
And even if it were an argument, being caught in the act of sheeping does not constitute being nailed. Unless you're in Wales. I'm not in Wales.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Viera Assassin »

I'm calling you out for supporting Banksys Flareon in the Flareon vs Ravenpaw argument, framing a TvT as a TvS in order to try and get a mislynch off.
Normally, that is not exactly a scumtell, but when I factor in that your reasons that you have given for supporting Flareon is nothing more than "I like her playstyle" then it clearly is.
Where is my Petalchaser?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:41 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I hope the people currently voting me are reading this -_- Even Ravenpaw who I so visciously attacked and has every reason to hate me will deny that claim.

Fuck it, case against Sakura incoming. Tonight, or tomorrow. Based on my own fucking posts, because I'm on to something and you should have noticed, only I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU and it's tedious :(

After that I'm looking into Derivan.

This is my plan of action. Put your silly attacks on hold, if only for self-preservation.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:44 am

Post by Viera Assassin »

Can you just point me to where you said anything that says the contrary to ?

We don't have much time to spare 'till deadline.

and Sakura's pretty fucking town. Get off her.
Where is my Petalchaser?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Grimgroove »

My interactions with Ravenpaw do. Click the ISO button (according to my calculations it should be just above the word "interactions" in this post) and scroll your merry way up.

I'm not going to be your speedlynch over some made-up shit. Give something real.

I'll tell you why she's scum, and then you can tell me all about how she's town later and look stupid.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Viera Assassin »

Your trouble with Ravenpaw
"Why didn't you pay attention to me in RVS?"
"Why are you being so antitown in Ravenpaw vs Flareon?"
"Why are you stealing my attention?"
"Why are you townleader"
"Why are you town?"

That's what the ISO button tells me.

You're not a speedlynch.

You pushing TvT into TvS the way you did is scummy.

No, I'm not conceding my read on Sakura.

No, being abrasive does not mean that you get me to back off.
Where is my Petalchaser?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”