Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Michael_Wolf
Michael_Wolf
Townie
Michael_Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:04 am

Post by Michael_Wolf »

RVS Choo Choo!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Grimgroove »

VOTE: Michael_Wolf

This is page 2. No more time for funny business.

I think Michael_Wolf is scum. He used the word "turf". Only hoodlums use that word.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Cat Clancer
Cat Clancer
Townie
Cat Clancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Cat Clancer »

Oop, apologizes for my absence. School takes precedence! But I'll be on every day to check.

VOTE: Grimgroove
cause my school's mascot is the Wolf. I can't tolerate those who vote for wolves.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:03 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 21, Cheery Dog wrote:Anyway I think one of these quotes does actually belong to scum. They both seem to want to exclaim pointless stuff as if it made actual sense.
Which one of them? Just any?

Also
VOTE: Cheery Dog
Because OMGUS!
Michael_Wolf
Michael_Wolf
Townie
Michael_Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Michael_Wolf »

UNVOTE: Cheery Dog

Ok we accomplished our goal of RVS to start a wagon.

L-1 and not calling it is uncool, we could have an accidental lynch and that's not very town.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 29, Michael_Wolf wrote:UNVOTE: Cheery Dog

L-1 and not calling it is uncool, we could have an accidental lynch and that's not very town.
Omg, I actually didn't realize, I though I was the second vote for some reason. O.o
Guess I got over excited seeing Cheery here. *making coffee*
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 30, Dyslexicon wrote:

Omg, I actually didn't realize, I though I was the second vote for some reason. O.o
Guess I got over excited seeing Cheery here. *making coffee*[/quote]

Although I'm one who is usually ok with taking someone to L-2 or even L-1 early on to see how they react, I gotta agree with Michael_Wolf here. Not so sure I believe the excuse for it either. You obviously went through and read the very short thread since you quoted Cheery Dog from last page. Yet you didn't realize your vote made it L-1?
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 31, BigTerp wrote:Although I'm one who is usually ok with taking someone to L-2 or even L-1 early on to see how they react, I gotta agree with Michael_Wolf here. Not so sure I believe the excuse for it either. You obviously went through and read the very short thread since you quoted Cheery Dog from last page. Yet you didn't realize your vote made it L-1?
I didn't, no. I was more concentrated on what people wrote, and the two first votes must have slipped my mind.
What do you think I'd have to gain on lying?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.01

Cheery Dog - 3 - Ravenpaw, Banksys Flareon, Dyslexicon
Grimgroove - 2 - pieguyn, Cat Clancer
Dyslexicon - 1 - Cheery Dog
Michael_Wolf - 1 - Grimgroove
Ravenpaw - 1 - BigTerp

Not Voting: Michael_Wolf

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-09-11 03:15:51)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 28, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 21, Cheery Dog wrote:Anyway I think one of these quotes does actually belong to scum. They both seem to want to exclaim pointless stuff as if it made actual sense.
Which one of them? Just any?

Also
VOTE: Cheery Dog
Because OMGUS!
I'm still working that out. (which is why I had left my vote on you rather than move it to my current suspects in those two.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by BigTerp »

In post 32, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 31, BigTerp wrote:Although I'm one who is usually ok with taking someone to L-2 or even L-1 early on to see how they react, I gotta agree with Michael_Wolf here. Not so sure I believe the excuse for it either. You obviously went through and read the very short thread since you quoted Cheery Dog from last page. Yet you didn't realize your vote made it L-1?
I didn't, no. I was more concentrated on what people wrote, and the two first votes must have slipped my mind.
What do you think I'd have to gain on lying?
If your mafia taking someone to L-1 early isn't the best idea, but it's not a horrible idea either. Maybe someone derphammers and you get a quick jump on the townies. You got called out for it and if your mafia you have no choice to but to lie. Now, I don't necessary think your mafia at this point. It would be a pretty bold move to do that. But it was worth questioning.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

o.o just seems like standard RVS to me...

unvote vote: Michael Wolf

I don't see anything wrong with L - 1 so soon as long as no one hammers (which shouldn't happen if people read the thread), so imo that seems like he's just trying to blend in and seem town
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

EBWOP: also
*high five Grimgroove* \:D/
Cat Clancer
Cat Clancer
Townie
Cat Clancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Cat Clancer »

Oh, our first real wagon.
I shall leave my vote for now, but I will ask Dyslexicon: with all these reads on you, do you feel anyone of them being scummy?
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 21, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 19, BigTerp wrote:VOTE: Ravenpaw

Putting Cheery Dog to
L-3
so soon, has to be scum!!!!!
Have you not seen a random bandwagon form before?
In post 20, Grimgroove wrote:Oh my God, you're right!

VOTE: Ravenpaw
So to counteract a L-3 wagon, we need another L-3 wagon? Does this then face the same problem?

Anyway I think one of these quotes does actually belong to scum. They both seem to want to exclaim pointless stuff as if it made actual sense.
Those two posts both didn't read serious to me, why did you think they were being serious?
In post 31, BigTerp wrote:
In post 30, Dyslexicon wrote:

Although I'm one who is usually ok with taking someone to L-2 or even L-1 early on to see how they react
, I gotta agree with Michael_Wolf here. Not so sure I believe the excuse for it either. You obviously went through and read the very short thread since you quoted Cheery Dog from last page. Yet you didn't realize your vote made it L-1?
Regarding the bolded: if you're okay with that, why haven't you done that here?
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 35, BigTerp wrote:If your mafia taking someone to L-1 early isn't the best idea, but it's not a horrible idea either. Maybe someone derphammers and you get a quick jump on the townies. You got called out for it and if your mafia you have no choice to but to lie. Now, I don't necessary think your mafia at this point. It would be a pretty bold move to do that. But it was worth questioning.
So, basically no stance?
In post 36, pieguyn wrote:o.o just seems like standard RVS to me...

I don't see anything wrong with L - 1 so soon as long as no one hammers (which shouldn't happen if people read the thread), so imo that seems like he's just trying to blend in and seem town
Issue being I didn't state that I put Cheery on L-1, which I should've, so he was right to point that out.
In post 38, Cat Clancer wrote:Oh, our first real wagon.
I shall leave my vote for now, but I will ask Dyslexicon: with all these reads on you, do you feel anyone of them being scummy?
You'll probably know if I do. I'd like some moar first. What do you think?
Michael_Wolf
Michael_Wolf
Townie
Michael_Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:14 am

Post by Michael_Wolf »

@pieguyn Sure I could've left my vote after calling out L-1 but newbie games can be so unpredictible and after seeing an SE put down a vote without knowing it seems logical that it could happen again.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 am

Post by BigTerp »

Regarding the bolded: if you're okay with that, why haven't you done that here?
At this point, it's still super early in the game. I don't want what happened when Dyslexicon came in and didn't realize the vote count. Once the flow of the game gets going, which it seems to be getting there, theres less of a chance someone derphammers. But this early, the game is just getting rolling and we are still in RVS, for the most part. So someone could easily RVS a vote on someone who is L-1 without realizing it.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:57 am

Post by BigTerp »

So, basically no stance?
At this point, no. What you did could be seen as super scummy, especially as an SE. You should have enough experience to at least check the vote count before you vote. So my initial reaction was to call it out and question it. But after reviewing what happened, I have to believe you truly didn't know the vote count. Would be a pretty bold move for mafia to try and get a lynch so soon.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:01 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 36, pieguyn wrote:
o.o just seems like standard RVS to me...

Any reason for your vote change? I'd like to see what happens if we get 2 tied up at L-2. Maybe we can get someone to start squirming.

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:03 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 23, BigTerp wrote: My post was mearly being facetious. Thought it came across that way. Grimgrooves looked to be the same to me.
Facetiousness has many values to it, and when combined with rvs, I felt that there was scum motivation in why those posts happened in that manner. This is what would be known as a gut read at this stage.
In post 29, Michael_Wolf wrote: Ok we accomplished our goal of RVS to start a wagon.
The goal of RVS is actually to get dicussion happening (or as some people probably like to put it, to get out of RVS), wagons need not be invovled, and sometimes actually can hamper efforts.
In post 31, BigTerp wrote:Although I'm one who is usually ok with taking someone to L-2 or even L-1 early on to see how they react.
Would this have to do with the fact I simply ignore votes on me that appear to be random? Even if I was still there, I'd probably just be scorning at having people at L-1 early in the day is bad for business.
In post 36, pieguyn wrote: o.o just seems like standard RVS to me...
Best place to start scumhunting.
In post 39, Ravenpaw wrote: Those two posts both didn't read serious to me, why did you think they were being serious?
Everything is serious, we're up against the mafia in a life or death situation. Getting too much joking happening, just lets scum control the town.
In post 31, BigTerp wrote: Any reason for your vote change? I'd like to see what happens if we get 2 tied up at L-2. Maybe we can get someone to start squirming.

You're asking about vote changes and then just practically random voting elsewhere and changing the vote yourself. Which as a whole is a bit contradictory in that you want reasons, and then settling yourself for having completing wagons. (which more useful than no wagons, mostly just focuses players in certain directions)

Overall, I call an opportistic stance, and my own vote to move.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BigTerp
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:27 am

Post by BigTerp »

Cheery - How are you able to neatly organize individual quotes from other peoples post like you did above? I'm aware of the multi quote button, but If I want to quote only the parts of your post that pertain to me it ends up quoting the entire post. Typically I just copy and paste what I want to quote, but it leaves out who the post is from.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 am

Post by BigTerp »

Facetiousness has many values to it, and when combined with rvs, I felt that there was scum motivation in why those posts happened in that manner. This is what would be known as a gut read at this stage.
Fair enough.
Would this have to do with the fact I simply ignore votes on me that appear to be random? Even if I was still there, I'd probably just be scorning at having people at L-1 early in the day is bad for business.
No. What I mean is that I like to see how people react to being at L-2 or L-1. If we catch mafia in that spot there should be a good bit of squirming from either the player with the votes, or alot of movement from their mobster teammate to try and move votes. If we get someone who is town at L-2 or L-1 mafia may try and slide in to quick hammer or try and get someone else to. Either way it's a good way to gain information, IMO.
You're asking about vote changes and then just practically random voting elsewhere and changing the vote yourself. Which as a whole is a bit contradictory in that you want reasons, and then settling yourself for having completing wagons. (which more useful than no wagons, mostly just focuses players in certain directions)
Quite the contrary. I gave a reason for my vote change. Without looking, I honestly don't remember where my vote was, it was RVS. But it was doing no good there. I moved it to where I felt we could start getting some discussion and hopefully some mafia reads.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:51 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 45, Cheery Dog wrote:Facetiousness has many values to it, and when combined with rvs, I felt that there was scum motivation in why those posts happened in that manner. This is what would be known as a gut read at this stage.

Everything is serious, we're up against the mafia in a life or death situation. Getting too much joking happening, just lets scum control the town.

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

First you say you thought those RVS's were fishy because they exclaim pointless stuff
as if it made actual sense
. The bolded part means that you thought those posts were fishy,b ecause they were invoking silly reasons as serious ones. So the seriousness that you saw was the problem.

But now that everyone has made clear that your comedy-radar needs fixing, you proclaim it's not the seriousness that is scummy, but the facetiousness (whoever came up with that word should be able to spell "merely" by the way, cfr. BigTerp) and the joking, that are suddenly tactical instruments for scum to gain control.

In other words, he doesn't care about the stick he's using, he already picked out the dogs he's going to try and beat down.

I would vote, but yes, L-1, and at this point things could get too confusing, but: :igmeou: CheeryDog.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 46, BigTerp wrote:Cheery - How are you able to neatly organize individual quotes from other peoples post like you did above? I'm aware of the multi quote button, but If I want to quote only the parts of your post that pertain to me it ends up quoting the entire post. Typically I just copy and paste what I want to quote, but it leaves out who the post is from.
What I do, as a player, is to open each quote in a new window, edit down to what I wanted to quote, then type my reply; then copy and paste all those into one post. A bit labor intensive, but it looks nicer.

I have never figured out how to make the multi-quote thing work properly. At all. :evil:
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”