Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ah. FTW.

Also, don't you think that dragons would be a better bandwagon choice? I mean, considering he's scum and I'm not. OH WAIT. You must be his scum buddy. Got it now. Also, I make a very bad d1 bandwagon target, because it is not within my realm of inclination to claim to random pressure. :)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:04 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

But I don't expect you to claim, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.

(Also, Dragons only has one measly vote on him.)
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And you're my only vote, whereas dragons would have 2 if you voted him. Therefore, by your own bandwagoning logic, he's the better choice. :)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:13 am

Oh snap, wrong vote on my part.
Unvote, vote: TheJiveMachine

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

See. That bandwagoning makes sense. it's pretty scummy, but it makes sense.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:02 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I need replacing.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:06 am

Post by remussaidow »

well, I still don't like the way Jive's been acting, and as he's lynch -1 (I believe), let's hear a claim, or at least a defense, shall we?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
livingod
livingod
Goon
livingod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:28 am

Post by livingod »

livingod wrote: The crux of my case against you (not all of it):
1. I FoSed lots of people early on, referring to Pooky's style.
2. I joked for one page (along with others).
3. You selfvoted early on.
4. You lurked for one page.

You state that your three suspects are TCS CES and Kalei, yet your vote is still on TJM.
Save The Dragons wrote:4. ????????????????????????????????????? ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME. When I have bad days and don't come onto scum, I miss pages. When I can't add anything to the discussion, I miss pages. Lurking is a fact of life. I'll admit, scum lurk. So do town. In general, scum lurk while participating. Town lurk by not posting, although don't take that as fact. My point is...one page? Are you so sure that that's a scum tell?
Why do I consider it a scumtell? Because he didn't post for one page, and then accused me of not posting substance for one page, in fact the SAME page. I find that hypocritical at the very least.

And Jive is at lynch-2, btw...
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:30 am

Post by remussaidow »

oh...

not quite nevermind then.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thestatusquo wrote:Awwwwww, Flay, I don't get any free passes? PWEAAASE!?
Why should I give a free pass to the guy who doesn't even mention me in his List? Yarr yourself, froggie.
Retired as of October 2014.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Zindaras »

Official Voting Update
:

TheJiveMachine
: 5 (DragonsofSummer, chaotic_diablo, Save the Dragons, Mr. Flay, Cogito Ergo Sum)
chaotic_diablo
: 3 (livingod, TheJiveMachine, KaleiÐoscøpe)
Cheesefan
: 1 (Skruffs)
DragonsofSummer
: 1 (Thestatusquo)

Not Voting
: 2 (remussaidow, Cheesefan)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

I hope to be able to find a replacement for KaleiÐoscøpe, but this one may take a while.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I haven't seen enough of you for you to be 'obviously' anything yet. You want me to make gaurentees I can't keep?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, it would certainly make MY task easier, Thestatuscum.

Also, yarr to more replacements. What is so terrifying about this game setup to people? :?
Retired as of October 2014.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:54 am

Maybe the name?

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Zindaras »

Aelyn replaces KaleiÐoscøpe.

This game should get a Scummy for "Most replacements per page".
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:11 am

That would be the suckiest category ever.

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:28 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Hey welcome to the game Thestatusquo... if you wouldn't mind could you tell me why you are so sure I am scum. Then I can tell you why you are wrong much better than just telling you you are wrong.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
TheJiveMachine
TheJiveMachine
Goon
TheJiveMachine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:30 am

Post by TheJiveMachine »

Whoaa where did this bandwagon come from? Apart from C_D's (bad) reasoning, I don't see any explainations beyond "hypocrisy", which does have some merit, but I'm certaintly not the only one here who has been. To tell the truth, (and I'm aware this isn't a great defense) when I made post 158 I was thinking I was in another game, talking about someone else. I hadn't been around and was basically dropping a placeholder post in all my games, and got people mixed up (also the reason I FoS'd him while I was voting him - complete mistake).

Anyways, I still don't like C_D's self vote, or attacks on livingod for hypocritcal reasons, however this recent band of bandwagon hoppers raises a few more eyebrows.
Unvote
to reread.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Zindie, you'd never beat town of suspicion. I'll get to it when I sleep, dragon.
livingod
livingod
Goon
livingod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:53 am

Post by livingod »

Hmm, TJM is kinda right. We got a case going and all of a sudden we got wagon jumpers. I think that the wagon may have been hijacked by scum, but since they're not very active in the wagon, it's just a strong suspicion...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Okay. Hey guys, jsut read through the whole thing, and while everyone's kinda light and sloppy with the accusations and all, this is how I saw it...

CD voted himself, and then basically started injecting himself into pointless arguments (over scot's calling for a random number, over livingod's pooky-imitation) and started dishing out FOSes. Basically tryign to draw attention to himself. Or, as my mom would say "Bein' ornary'. Then, though, he jumps on the people who responded in kind, escalating stuff....

Basically - and I think this was mentioned earlier, he's playing a very loud but superficial game, seeming to be involved and g etting votes but not really 'doing' anything for the town. I'm not sure what his real intentions are, but this reminds me hugely of another game (Which of course has no relationship to this) where one player baited another into saying that he was being anti-town, and then saying that the other player was 'too town' for calling him on it, and it turned into this debilitating back and forth cycle until we lynched him. He was scum, by the way. >And that just strikes me as what C_D is doing , here, starting rather popintless, space consuming arguments that will eventually (if it dfoesn't get him lynched) get everyone sick of him to the point of ignoring him.

Does this mean he's scum? No clue, hoenstly, because it's not right to use one game as a template for another, but that's almost exactly what this reminds me of. I have to say if C_D didn't want this attention on himself he shouldn't have been drawing it towards himself... but then again, like StD said, none of the arguments against him are 'real' and will probably be dropped.

For the record : Livingod posted a silly thing implying that everyone is scum except me. I'm guessing he said I Wasn't scum because it's hard to turk "Pata" into something with the work scum, in it. Patascum? Scumata? Pascuma? Sounds like aa lung disease. So that was just being silly. I think this should have been obvious..

DoS you come in second place as scummy , to me, especially your "I don't care if he has proven his point, if nobody else believes it, it hasn't been proven"... It took a reread or two to understand where you are coming from, and that seems... weird. It's like saying the earth is flat, and even if someone says it's round, you don't care unless someone else agrees...

And Remus, for similar reasons, you also misunderstood that post and followed along behind DoS.. (See post 137 for clarification).

Anyways so I'm up to date and ready to PAR. Tay. I'm looking forward to liver patte.:twisted:
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by Skruffs »

WTF how'd I miss the last page?! *Readread*
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:46 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Skruffs wrote:CD voted himself, and then basically started injecting himself into pointless arguments (over scot's calling for a random number, over livingod's pooky-imitation) and started dishing out FOSes. Basically tryign to draw attention to himself. Or, as my mom would say "Bein' ornary'. Then, though, he jumps on the people who responded in kind, escalating stuff....
Scot was called out for his random number and was fosed for it. From that point on, it ceased to be pointless. I can deal with random voting, however foses are not random.

Please specify who I've jumped on and the conditions of it. There are many types of "jumping", such as wagon, voting, and etc. One of the argument against me was that I was too "afraid" to hop on someone.
Skruffs wrote:Basically - and I think this was mentioned earlier, he's playing a very loud but superficial game, seeming to be involved and g etting votes but not really 'doing' anything for the town. I'm not sure what his real intentions are, but this reminds me hugely of another game (Which of course has no relationship to this) where one player baited another into saying that he was being anti-town, and then saying that the other player was 'too town' for calling him on it, and it turned into this debilitating back and forth cycle until we lynched him. He was scum, by the way. >And that just strikes me as what C_D is doing , here, starting rather popintless, space consuming arguments that will eventually (if it dfoesn't get him lynched) get everyone sick of him to the point of ignoring him.

Does this mean he's scum? No clue, hoenstly, because it's not right to use one game as a template for another, but that's almost exactly what this reminds me of.
You referenced metagaming then defeated your own point by stating that it doesn't prove that I'm scum.
Skruffs wrote:I have to say if C_D didn't want this attention on himself he shouldn't have been drawing it towards himself... but then again, like StD said, none of the arguments against him are 'real' and will probably be dropped.
If I didn't want attention to myself, then I shouldn't have drawn it. It's true that I didn't want it, but you are assuming that I was "intentionally" trying to get it. That is incorrect.
skruffs wrote:DoS you come in second place as scummy , to me, especially your "I don't care if he has proven his point, if nobody else believes it, it hasn't been proven"... It took a reread or two to understand where you are coming from, and that seems... weird. It's like saying the earth is flat, and even if someone says it's round, you don't care unless someone else agrees...
Huh? Could you quote that post?
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:13 am

Post by Skruffs »

First of all... I didn't mean voting bandwagon. I think you've been keeping your vote on yourself most of the game. What I mean was in your arguments, you started off by hopping into other people's discussions. You hopped into the two I referred to - you can go back and read yourself, to be honest, and then the arguments shifted to you, and you've been deflecting ever sense. I dunno, maybe that's an advanced form of mafia playing, in which place, good job.

Metagaming:
Well, CD, I'm not trying to build a case against you, because I don't honestly know what your alignment is. That post was to show everyone where I stand, a sort of introduction thing, on who I think is acting bad, and why.

If you didn't want attention to yourself, then you shouldn't be playing so loudly. That's what I guess I am saying.

Lastly - Thanks for asking me to quote this - made me realize I was fingering the wrong person. (That happens more often than I'dlike to admit) Replace DoS with TJM...
TheJiveMachine wrote:Anyways, I didn't feel the need to respond since livin had basically said what I was thinking: I don't think C_D proved his point, and saying he did when I hadn't seen anyone agree with him and I certainly didn't seemed absurd.
Personally I don't think points need to be believed by others to be proven.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”