Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 2948, Paschendale wrote:I suppose this really does make Jmo possibly a godfather, but also possibly just town.
Where is this coming from? I feel like I'm missing something.
In post 2948, Paschendale wrote:So let's look at behavior instead. Specifically, Bulb's. I see questions and some analysis, but not much in the way of conclusions. One vote for the lurkiest player, and no opinions that could later be used against him. This is safe play. With all the wacky shit going on, safety is not a priority for a town player right now. Bulb is almost textbook active lurking.

VOTE: Bulbazak
Thank you Paschendale. Cheers.

Rank
"Bauss is cooler than Rank." - Varsoon
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Xiao Long »

Tunnel, you really don't think Jmo is scum?

Pasch, what? Why Jmo godfather? He wasn't investigated or anything.
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Saki »

In post 2951, Xiao Long wrote:Tunnel, you really don't think Jmo is scum?

You should be screaming at town to tell them JMO is GF because that confirms you as town, basically.
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Saki »

Also I'm not saying a massclaim is bad; it needs to happen.
But I'm sure there aren't any more PRs.

And I'm sure that I roleblocked JMO and I'm sure that JMO targetted someone other than Titus.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 2.10

[L-2] Dyslexicon - Bulbazak, CherryDrPepper, oriole, SalmonellaDreams
[L-4] jmo16mla - Saki, Xiao Long
[L-5] CherryDrPepper - jmo16mla
[L-5] SalmonellaDreams - TunnelVision
[L-5] Bulbazak - Paschendale

Not voting: Dyslexicon, Flench

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch! Deadline is Tuesday, August 20th, 2013, at 1:00 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-20 13:00:00)).

---

Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:07 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Assuming we got no more Town PRs, what Saki said is very valid, we should lynch JMO, and before nighttime both me and Saki need to agree on different targets for that night to maximize the chances of hitting scum. If it's TT as we assume there's no serial killer (makes sense if jmo was scum roleblocked and only 1 NK).

So if JMO flips scum, there's only 1 scum left, even if Saki guesses correctly on his roleblock he cannot do anything about it, so most probably there wont be a NK that night due to A) scum going no kill for WIFOM or B) scum actually getting roleblocked. And no kill would be pretty dangerous for them, while I keep trying to hit them and we as town keep trying to lynch them, as long as both me and Saki stay alive scum cannot win anyways, heck they also need to hit Pasche fwiw. Announcing the target is dangerous for scum because if they shoot, they get 1 conf town, and if they dont shoot we already thought it would be a possibility.

Of course this scenario is only possible if jmo was scum with his Night kill roleblocked, but i think it's a safe thing to assume for the time being.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:12 am

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 2952, Saki wrote:

You should be screaming at town to tell them JMO is GF because that confirms you as town, basically.
I'm not saying he can't be GF, I'm just wondering where Pasch is getting that idea from.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Saki »

In post 2956, Xiao Long wrote:

I'm not saying he can't be GF, I'm just wondering where Pasch is getting that idea from.
Why haven't you consider that JMO is GF already?

I think JMO's GF. It's pretty likely for him to be GF especially with Varsoon pushing him, the dense stubbornness in his posts that cause everyone to dislike him (not read scummy, but hate), and his half-assed answers looking like scum, which is obviously to bait the cop investigation.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:39 am

Post by TunnelVision »

The heads of this hydra are conflicted in regards to JMO, but we're slowly getting around to being on the same page.

I, Rank, think he's a good candidate for scum and that he makes a great lynch for today. However: We can't just let all of these other people fly under the radar and not participate at all. I mean, every time we poke at a lurker we get open hostility and a "Suck it I'm not talking right now" attitude. That's how towns lose. The heads of this hydra would very much like to draw the lurkers into this conversation, and thus far we've been unsuccessful.

Rank
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Saki »

Conversation is impossible. Especially when every single person has a different understanding of the 120 pages before us.

So lynch JMO and work off the fact that we have five claimed PRs and two remaining scum instead of flinging shit at each other for stuff that is pretty much irrelevant.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 2957, Saki wrote:
In post 2956, Xiao Long wrote:

Why haven't you consider that JMO is GF already?

I think JMO's GF. It's pretty likely for him to be GF especially with Varsoon pushing him, the dense stubbornness in his posts that cause everyone to dislike him (not read scummy, but hate), and his half-assed answers looking like scum, which is obviously to bait the cop investigation.
It's not that I haven't considered he could be GF, Pasch just seemed sure and I was wondering for what reason.
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 2959, Saki wrote:Conversation is impossible. Especially when every single person has a different understanding of the 120 pages before us.
Actually, this is exactly how you get reads on people. You analyze their take on what people say and how they interact. It's what makes conversation
possible
in mafia games.

Rank
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:42 am

Post by Paschendale »

I thought he was. Who was the one who was investigated? Haven't people been insisting that the person who was investigated was a GF and not actually town?

*reads up* Nevermind, that was you. My mistake. Swap your name for Jmo's in that portion. The overall point stands, though. I'd rather evaluate scum based on their actions than guessing about night actions.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

So when Barsoon flipped scum, we all thought they opcould be bussing with jmo. But if jmo flips scum, it automatically clears Xiao Long? Makes sense, right? /sarcasm

A
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

posting something with content tonight, ive actually got time.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 2963, CherryDrPepper wrote:So when Barsoon flipped scum, we all thought they opcould be bussing with jmo. But if jmo flips scum, it automatically clears Xiao Long? Makes sense, right? /sarcasm

A
If JMO flips godfather it clears Xiao.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

What the fuck does me flipping godfather have to do with xiao compared to the alternative jmo flipping goon?
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 2966, jmo16mla wrote:What the fuck does me flipping godfather have to do with xiao compared to the alternative jmo flipping goon?
Cop has innocent on Xiao.
You flip GF, Xiao is confirmed town.
Simple.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 2966, jmo16mla wrote:What the fuck does me flipping godfather have to do with xiao compared to the alternative jmo flipping goon?
Shhh. Focus on your content post. They all want to hang you.

If you're town, that's bad for you. If you're scum, that's bad for you. Make us believe that you actually care and have some skill at this game. Post something useful. Thanks.

-1-
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 2967, Saki wrote:
Cop has innocent on Xiao.
You flip GF, Xiao is confirmed town.
Simple.
Ah. Should have thought that one through.

Tunnel. yessir.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Bauss IS cooler than Rank.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2898, Dyslexicon wrote: If you don't see anything alignment indicative, how come you had me as scum in your first posts?
Same reason I'm voting for you now. I don't see what everyone else did to call you town, and I think that your scumhunting, if you can call it that, is not genuine.
In post 2902, Xiao Long wrote:plus I've already advocated killing all VT's.
I'm advocating finding and lynching scum, but to each his own.
In post 2902, Xiao Long wrote:
Anyone reading Jmo as town seriously needs to go back to newbie queue, though.
No need to insult anyone who disagrees with you. Having played with Jmo before, I just don't think that your case holds water, as Jmo is like this as town, and given his interactions with Varsoon d1, I think that he's town this game and not scum.
In post 2904, Saki wrote:i have very huge problems with all of you atm (except for xiao, maybe)

y'all are saying jmo isn't confscum
that tells me one of these things
a) you don't believe me TRB claim
b) you're trying to deny the obvious (every single possibility in which jmo is not scum is total bullshit)
a.) I believe that you're town roleblocker, so no need to get huffy.

b.) There are multiple ways that you can block someone who is town and a kill still not go through. It's understandable that you have to vote that person, given your view of the game, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has to.
In post 2904, Saki wrote: numbers must obviously be a good argument since y'all had hard-ons using it to try and get me lynched D1
I don't deal with numbers. I deal with possibilities, and assume that anything is possible unless proven otherwise, which I think is a good line of thought, since I've seen some crazy crap in my time. Just because the odds are low that something is the case doesn't stop it from being true.
In post 2910, Xiao Long wrote: I still think we should massclaim.
No.
In post 2919, Paschendale wrote: On that note, if Jmo is such an obvious lynch, why is Dys sitting at L-2 and Jmo not? Some people have some explaining to do.
I think Jmo is town and that Dys is scum.
In post 2933, TunnelVision wrote:
In post 2926, SalmonellaDreams wrote:Still not completely read up, but I'm willing to lynch jmo/dys.
So when are you going to be read up? It's been what, almost a week now? Can you post some reads? Make a case on someone? Or are you just going to ride other people's wagons until someone finally pays you attention?

VOTE: salmonelladreams

Attention granted. What are you doing in this game? Because right now it feels like you're just skating along under the radar.

Rank
It took me about a week and a half to catch up. It's not surprising that Salmon is still not current in the game. Given his progress, it won't be long before he's on the same page as everyone else.
In post 2942, Saki wrote:I'm saying all the PRs are out.
If there was truly a doc save then they would've claimed by now so they could clear JMO. (+1 conftown, never bad)
No they wouldn't. A doc protect would have been on one of the PRs, not on Jmo, and a doc claim still would do nothing to clear Jmo other than saying that someone else was protected. All a doc claim would be doing would be putting a target on the doc's back. Therefore, the doc should not claim. Period. I also find any insistence on massclaiming to be highly suspect at this point in time.

Question: Who first proposed a massclaim?
In post 2944, Xiao Long wrote:I think the only possibilities are: saki roleblocked correctly, or Cherry is 1-shot bulletproof.
You are leaving out other obvious possibilities, such as a PR being protected by a doc.
In post 2948, Paschendale wrote:So let's look at behavior instead. Specifically, Bulb's. I see questions and some analysis, but not much in the way of conclusions. One vote for the lurkiest player, and no opinions that could later be used against him. This is safe play. With all the wacky shit going on, safety is not a priority for a town player right now. Bulb is almost textbook active lurking.
We have 4 claimed/confirmed PRs. That leaves a pool of 6 other players to find scum in. I have town reads on Jmo and Salmon. I think Oriole and Flench are likely to be town, although I'm starting to wonder about my Oriole read. I have a scum read on Xiao, but TV got an innocent on him, so there's nothing to pursue there. That only leaves Dys, who is
actually
active lurking. If you can't see any conclusions in my posts, then you aren't looking hard enough or asking the right questions.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 2971, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2902, Xiao Long wrote:plus I've already advocated killing all VT's.
I'm advocating finding and lynching scum, but to each his own.
And I think scum is within the VT's, durr.
No need to insult anyone who disagrees with you. Having played with Jmo before, I just don't think that your case holds water, as Jmo is like this as town, and given his interactions with Varsoon d1, I think that he's town this game and not scum.
I'm going to remember this come game-end.
In post 2910, Xiao Long wrote: I still think we should massclaim.
No.
Oh good, thanks for responding to that in-depth. I was thinking you would be vague and not explain why you disagree.

In post 2942, Saki wrote:I'm saying all the PRs are out.
If there was truly a doc save then they would've claimed by now so they could clear JMO. (+1 conftown, never bad)
No they wouldn't. A doc protect would have been on one of the PRs, not on Jmo, and a doc claim still would do nothing to clear Jmo other than saying that someone else was protected. All a doc claim would be doing would be putting a target on the doc's back. Therefore, the doc should not claim. Period. I also find any insistence on massclaiming to be highly suspect at this point in time.
Bulbazak, stop being so dense, please. Saki is clearly not saying the hypothetical Doc protected Jmo, he's saying the protect would have prevented a kill on anyone else, thus if there was a Doc that said they protected someone, Saki's roleblock wouldn't be the only possibility. However, Saki doesn't believe there are anymore PR's in this game, so he doesn't think there's a Doc.
Question: Who first proposed a massclaim?
Either me or Tunnel.
In post 2944, Xiao Long wrote:I think the only possibilities are: saki roleblocked correctly, or Cherry is 1-shot bulletproof.
You are leaving out other obvious possibilities, such as a PR being protected by a doc.
Try to keep up, Bulbazak. This post is clearly operating under the assumption that there is no Doc. <.<

All that said, I'm pretty sure scum is among:
Jmo
Dys
Flench
Bulb
Salmonella

Easy win for town coming right up.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

Town:
Pasche
Myself
Cherry
Saki
Tunnel

Null:
Flench
Xiao
Oriole

Scum:
Bulbazak
Jmo
Dyslexicon
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Flench »

I agree with most of the things Bulb said in his last post.

For the record.

Return to “Completed Open Games”