Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Ghyrt »

Raging Rabbit wrote:<snip>
Jack wrote:But his power makes more sense as a pro town power than a mafia power, seems like it's supposed to counterbalance the mafia's coordination abilities.
Finally! I, like,
so
disagree with you it just can't be put into words. Logic? I call that flapdoodle. This post is more wrong than the average American is fat.

(In case anyone didn't get that, I agree with Cheesefan.)
Silly Rabbit. I kinda agree with Jack on this one. Romanus' supposed role would be more balanced in the hands of the town.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Romanus wrote:I've never played in a game like this before, so I thought, without any experience, that having a fewer number on day one would be better. Not really sure why, but it was a judgment call. Now, since I am outed, the town can at least give me suggestions on how to use this power.
No real way to argue with that other than saying I'm not all that inclined to believe you, so whatever.

What
exactly
does your power role do, incidentally?
Ghyrt wrote:Silly Rabbit.
That is such a huge scumtell. Tricks aren't for kids, tricks can be dangerous and should only be attempted by responsible adults.
Ghyrt wrote:I kinda agree with Jack on this one. Romanus' supposed role would be more balanced in the hands of the town.
Well, that depends. If by balanced you mean "weak to the point of uselessness", I completely agree.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Romanus »

I know, instead of playing mafia, or this version of it, let's play "Out-guess the mod." Cuz, that always works.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Romanus wrote:I know, instead of playing mafia, or this version of it, let's play "Out-guess the mod." Cuz, that always works.
Please explain where I'm trying to out guess the mod, must've missed that part.

Are you too shy to tell us the full extent of your abilities or somethin'?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:12 am

Post by JDodge »

I believe he means where we're trying to figure out his alignment by figuring out whether or not his role would be more balanced as town or scum.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:I believe he means where we're trying to figure out his alignment by figuring out whether or not his role would be more balanced as town or scum.
Oh. That's not outguessing anyone, then, it'd be much stronger in hands of mafia. Period. Quite a misrepresentation, too.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:37 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:I believe he means where we're trying to figure out his alignment by figuring out whether or not his role would be more balanced as town or scum.
Oh. That's not outguessing anyone, then, it'd be much stronger in hands of mafia. Period. Quite a misrepresentation, too.
I'm sorry, can you say that again? I can't see what you're saying.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Romanus »

Vote: Raging Rabbit

Your wild flailing attacks are stinking up the place.

You want to know the extant of my powers, why, so you know whether or not it is worth trying to kill me tonight?
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:I'm sorry, can you say that again? I can't see what you're saying.

It's not outguessing the mod because we're arguing which side it'd be stronger for, which is obviously mafia. That's not to say Romanus is 100% mafia our anything, just that it's a wierd role for pro town to have and I find it odd he chose both to use it to get fewer people nominated and now refuses to share his full abilities with us.
Ronamus wrote:Your wild flailing attacks are stinking up the place.
You should generally back up strong statements such as that with, like, arguments and stuff.
Romanus wrote:You want to know the extant of my powers, why, so you know whether or not it is worth trying to kill me tonight?
No. I want to know what your full abilities are, since your current abilities make no sense for a pro town role, and you're a claimed power role and therefore preferred kill target if you really aren't scum anyways.

Fuck, can't vote: Romanus
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Jack »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
*is confused*

2nd guessing the mod means assuming the mod would have done something a particular way e.g. "there's a doc in this game so there must be a cop". Making assumptions about Romanus's role is 2nd guessing the mod, we have no way of knowing if the mod would have given it to a pro town player or to a scum player. You can't say for sure what the mod would do.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Cheesefan »

We always have tomorrow RR

Well hopefully.
"Of course, just because we've heard a spine-chilling, blood-curdling scream of the sort to make your very marrow freeze in your bones doesn't automatically mean there's anything wrong."
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:01 am

Post by JDodge »

Jack wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:
*is confused*

2nd guessing the mod means assuming the mod would have done something a particular way e.g. "there's a doc in this game so there must be a cop". Making assumptions about Romanus's role is 2nd guessing the mod, we have no way of knowing if the mod would have given it to a pro town player or to a scum player. You can't say for sure what the mod would do.
QFT!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Jack »

Romanus wrote:
Vote: Raging Rabbit

Your wild flailing attacks are stinking up the place.

You want to know the extant of my powers, why, so you know whether or not it is worth trying to kill me tonight?
He could also be wondering whether to nominate you tonight, remember. Although I will say he doesn't look as pro-town as he did earlier.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Jack wrote:*is confused*

You're technically right, so I'll rephrase: I consider "outguessing the mod" a type of crap logic, which only applies to cases when you don't really have any idea what the mod would do. Saying Romanus' role is stronger in the hands of mafia is downright true. Saying that it's therefore more likely than otherwise to be a mafia role is technically also "2nd guessing", but it's a very informed guess backed up by common sense.
Jack wrote:He could also be wondering whether to nominate you tonight, remember.
He should save the trouble of thinking about that 'till after we're finished with Skruffs' math and decided on today's lynch. I may also point out he won't be able to nominate me if he successfully gets me lyched, and that I'm really not afraid of being nominated twice a night of that's what it takes to lynch who I currently consider the scummiest player.
Jack wrote:Although I will say he doesn't look as pro-town as he did earlier.
When did he ever look pro town?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Jack »

Those last two quotes were addressed to Romanus.

I don't see the "role is more powerful in hands of mafia-->therefore more likely to be mafia role" connection
at all
. Giving weak roles to the town is common. Giving the mafia extra powers is I believe less so.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Jack wrote:Those last two quotes were addressed to Romanus.
Oh. You're once again right, then. I don't see any point in limiting are discussion to the nominees in our current situation.
Jack wrote:I don't see the "role is more powerful in hands of mafia-->therefore more likely to be mafia role" connection at all. Giving weak roles to the town is common. Giving the mafia extra powers is I believe less so.
But it's not unreasonably strong in the hands of mafia, just quite useful and makes perfect sense. It does very little to no good for town, though, and makes little sense flavorwise imo.

Also, his aiming for fewer candidates still really doens't sit well with me depite his claim of ignorance.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Raging Rabbit wrote: But it's not unreasonably strong in the hands of mafia, just quite useful and makes perfect sense. It does very little to no good for town, though, and makes little sense flavorwise imo.
And if he can only vote for one person it is acually bad for the town
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Cheesefan wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote: But it's not unreasonably strong in the hands of mafia, just quite useful and makes perfect sense. It does very little to no good for town, though, and makes little sense flavorwise imo.
And if he can only vote for one person it is acually bad for the town
Actually, yes. But Romanus never treated his role as a drawback. He was all "Look at me, I'm a POWER ROLE!" IIRC.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Jack »

Why would Romanus claim the power as scum though? I guess it's possible he was covering up some inconsistency. It's a bold move though, anyone played with romanus as scum before?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Jack wrote:Why would Romanus claim the power as scum though?
Easy. He saw we were gonna get nominations from everyone regardless of his earlier efforts, and decided he'd look less scummy by just telling us the truth than by having to deal with a fair amount of the suspicion for the inconsistencies.

That'd also explain why he nominated
me
. Scum.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by JDodge »

Of course! That's like saying that because a roleblocker is more often a scum ability than a town ability, that said roleblocker
must
be scum!
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

Instances of RR OMGUSing today: 2.

Confirm Vote: RagingRabbit
, if it wasn't obvious already.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:Of course! That's like saying that because a roleblocker is more often a scum ability than a town ability, that said roleblocker
must
be scum!
It's somewhat like that, yes, only the difference is way, way bigger, Romanus treats himself as a power role rather than a drawback which it sorta is if he's really pro town, and I have other reasons for finding him suspicious if you'll bother reading back.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Maz Medias wrote:Instances of RR OMGUSing today: 2.

Depite this really stupid post, I still regret not being able to lynch Romanus more.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Maz Medias wrote:Instances of RR OMGUSing today: 2.

Depite this really stupid post, I still regret not being able to lynch Romanus more.
Instances of unsubstantiated post dismissal: X+1, where X is a number I've lost track of

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”