Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.42

[L-2] Varsoon - Dyslexicon, Titus, TunnelVision, Flench, jmo16mla
[L-5] TunnelVision - CherryDrPepper, Paschendale
[L-6] Titus - Saki
[L-6] jmo16mla - StubbsKVM
[L-6] StubbsKVM - oriole
[L-6] Flench - Varsoon

Not Voting: Xiao Long, Glass

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Currently looking for a replacement for Glass.
Also, I suck at claiming posts and editing them and just Reply out of habit. Mod of the Year, right?
Last edited by Does Bo Know on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

My vote flipping? How about your "pressuring" of me?
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You didn't respond to it.
Also, you haven't argued why you've put a vote on anyone, making your votes look highly suspicious and opportunistic.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by Titus »

JMO, well you're almost at actual content. Please tell me what you think of Stubbs?

Mod: You're doing just fine. I've seen some really bad fuck ups. You haven't done any.

Varsoon, I'm going to be redoing the behavioral analysis again that I was planning to do at the start of the day. Give me two things I should be looking for. Not players, but ideas, nagging feelings. Something that doesn't say look anywhere but here.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 973, Titus wrote:@Paschendale, I really do not like this course of action, but it if we are going to lynch outside of Varsoon/Saki then we might as well get on with it and start looking. I am confident that Varsoon will remain an option because he will continue to act scummy because he is indeed scum. My vote will remain on Varsoon because I see him as the scummiest independent of the math.
That's what I am doing. I can see both Saki and Varsoon as town or scum. So I'm looking elsewhere for the lynch. You should vote for who you think is the scummiest, but I'd definitely like to hear your thoughts on everyone else as other wagons develop.
In post 999, Titus wrote:
In post 996, Saki wrote:@Varsoon

I don't see a very active case against TV anywhere. Is that me just not looking hard enough?
No. No one has put up a wall that TV is scum but he has quite a few votes on him. That should tell you something Saki.
I think I've supported my vote on him quite well.
In post 1006, Varsoon wrote:@Cherry, it's like you didn't even read my response.
Also, please, search setup in the searchbar. Hell, I can do it for you if you want. There's more than one person saying things like "Varsoon wouldn't be so stupid to enter the game without reading the setup", etc etc.
No, it's pretty much just me, and I'm running out of patience with you.
In post 1028, Varsoon wrote:Yeah, I probably should.
I crumbed this, but I doubt it'll gain much credence.
I'm just vanilla town. I've been trying to expose Saki's PR claim as truthful or not, which is why I backed down when I found out that it was.
I was also trying to make myself the N1 NK through being really suspicious, but that option also dried up.
I think it's best if I be straightforward from here on out.
I also mentioned Calvin and Hobbes mafia, since a very similar play happened early on with Zoidberg. The scum-claim and other elements were red herrings.
Of course, revealing this will probably make town really angry, so understand why I am hesitant to do so now.
I REALLY don't like that Varsoon is saying it was a fakeclaim. But that does square with him not reading the setup. If there is anything I have learned about this setup from the other C9++ game going on (in which I have just recently been lynched and flipped town) is that you do not fake claim in it. But this hairbrained scheme is entirely consistent with both Varsoon's earlier attitude and a scummy ploy to fly under the radar. Varsoon's ice is getting thinner.

*reads more of this nonsense*

I am so close to voting Varsoon right now. All these deceptions are not helping town at all. He created a fake argument that lasted hundreds of posted, could certainly have gotten Saki lynched, obscured what could have been real arguments, and shot any credibility he might have had. Varsoon will be an x-factor that we cannot trust for the whole game. His tactics would be a fine ploy for survival if he makes it through day 1.

I don't want to lynch anyone until everyone has really played, but I think we're lynching Varsoon today.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I don't know why Glass dropped off the face of the map,
the people that came to defend me when I was looking my scummiest--especially Cherry.
Like I said, I felt the conflict between me, Saki, and you was a good excuse for scum to vote onto whatever wagon was most likely to tip and to skulk about in the shadows. I'd pay attention to voting patterns during each shift of that conflict, which I really tried to tip all three ways.

@Pasche: You, TV, and others, I believe.
Also, there's no scum motivation for me to claim VT. It dispels anything I would've been working towards before now and strips me of credibility.
Ach, it feels like everyone's out to get me, with rhetoric like "Varsoon's ice is getting thinner" and things like that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Also, yeah, DBK, you're kicking ass as a mod. Don't sweat it.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

You're attacking people who aren't posting to make it look like you are scum hunting.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Titus »

@Paschendale, That's where I'm at. I just can't quite make sense of why Varsoon retracted. I cannot come up with a scenario where Varsoon's behavior makes sense. He also never voted Saki and never played the CCing roleblocker card right. I can't be certain what he is heads or tails by his decisions on who to vote for and why he's voting that way. Voting Varsoon is the best move I see right now but we should let the replacements come in and comment over the next few days.

I'd like to hear what oriole has to say beyond his head implosion initial reactions. Tunnel and Cherry's heads should be interesting as well.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@JMO: I've already attacked most people who are posting.
Also, I'm currently pushing/pressuring on Flench.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 1083, Titus wrote:@Paschendale, That's where I'm at. I just can't quite make sense of why Varsoon retracted. I cannot come up with a scenario where Varsoon's behavior makes sense. He also never voted Saki and never played the CCing roleblocker card right. I can't be certain what he is heads or tails by his decisions on who to vote for and why he's voting that way. Voting Varsoon is the best move I see right now but we should let the replacements come in and comment over the next few days.

I'd like to hear what oriole has to say beyond his head implosion initial reactions. Tunnel and Cherry's heads should be interesting as well.
It actually makes sense to me, but it makes sense as town or scum behavior. It's self-protective, but it also means that we won't trust him in the future.

Varsoon, if you think all that nonsense provided something useful, make your case. Only do it without wobbling around so damn much.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Saki »

just remember this
Whatever Varsoon's doing he's just trying to live

I don't find that particularly scummy or particularly town unless he's VT then it's bad town play

He's trying so hard, leave him be.
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Townpoints for Saki, nice analysis, now then tell me Saki, who's more likely to want to survive.

Town or Scum.

What is Town more concerned with, and what is scum more concerned with?

-Sakura Hana
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Bulbazak replaces Glass! Please welcome him to the game. Or not. Your choice.
~DBK
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Sure.
Saki claimed RoleBlocker on day 1. I wanted to pressure Saki to see if this was true, and, furthermore, if Saki wasn't scum RB claiming Town RB.
Conclusion: Saki is town Roleblocker.
Titus defended me and went up against Saki. I wanted to see if Titus was buddying scum opportunistically pushing Saki's lynch off of my fake CC or simply town.
Conclusion: Titus is town.
TunnelVision rained hell on my with an offensive case. I wanted to see if TV was scum pushing an opportunistic case on me or if he was town pushing a case he believes in.
Conclusion: TV is town.
JMO's been putting down votes haphazardly and not giving reasons why. I wanted to see if I could be extra scummy and see if he'd rationalize on those, come up with his own content, or stay as he is.
Conclusion: JMO is lurk-scum.
CherryDP seems to be pushing lynches out of the Saki v Titus v Varsoon pool for awhile. I wanted to see if my pushing cases on the other two would cause Cherry to vote-swap and if my being scummier would do so as well.
Conclusion: Null-leaning-scum based on the votes Cherry has made.

Those are the best conclusions I have right now. I sorted out a lot of players who I was having trouble reading immediately. I was hoping that I could see if Glass and Vote Me were just buddying early on, but they replaced out, so I guess I won't know any time soon.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Welcome the game, Bulbazak. Have fun catching up.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

There, I've done more work on D1 than anyone here. Take it or leave it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by Titus »

I really don't like your arrogance here Varsoon. However, it does trouble me that all of our conclusions are pretty similar. Also, Cherry's pushing of your lynch without being on the train himself is troubling.

@Cherry was that last post Dr. Pepper or Sakuna?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by Titus »

Nevermind missed the signature.

Welcome Bulbazak! Enjoy. Hopefully you can start from the premise that Varsoon is VT and Saki is Town Roleblocker and tell us if that's crazy or not.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry if I sound arrogant, but I've been leading town all day, even if it was through absurd gambits and tricky tricks.
I've collected more info than anyone else here, and most info that others have collected is due to my interactions and agency.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1086, Saki wrote:just remember this
Whatever Varsoon's doing he's just trying to live

I don't find that particularly scummy or particularly town unless he's VT then it's bad town play

He's trying so hard, leave him be.

Saki, your main thing about being the town roleblocker and not voting Varsoon was that you wanted to survive night 1. Why are you calling survival instincts scummy? Are you having two sets of rules, one for PRs and another for VTs?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by oriole »

Ok, I'm here again.

@Titus- The "~reasons~" quote was to signify that I didn't have a specific motivation in mind outside of maybe reaction fishing from Saki. This lead me to think he was actually claiming when it became clear he was continuing long past the point where it could be called reaction fishing. I said earlier (I think) that Varsoon didn't claim until Saki wasn't in immediate danger of being lynched, and didn't push particularly hard (see: fire and brimstone). That made me think he was fakeclaiming in 519 or whatever that post was.

p-edit: Holy fuck look at all those posts. This may be a bit outdated, but whatever. :shifty:
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 1087, CherryDrPepper wrote:Townpoints for Saki, nice analysis, now then tell me Saki, who's more likely to want to survive.

Town or Scum.

What is Town more concerned with, and what is scum more concerned with?

-Sakura Hana
yay sarcasm

scum's more concerned about surviving
town prs are pretty close though
or just vain town in general

suicidal townies :|

@Titus
where the hell did I call survival instincts scummy

@Oriole
dammit let me post
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by Saki »

Welcome, bulbazak.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1094, Varsoon wrote:Sorry if I sound arrogant, but I've been leading town all day, even if it was through absurd gambits and tricky tricks.
I've collected more info than anyone else here, and most info that others have collected is due to my interactions and agency.
When playing three card monte, it's easiest to have the most information if the players don't know it's a shell game.

Welcome back oriole. We have a new replacement for Glass as well. I cannot make heads or tails of Varsoon. Until I am certain of his alignment, prudence says to keep my vote here but I've been liking Cherry less and less throughout the day.

@Saki, In post 1086, you seemed to FoS Varsoon for wanting to survive.

@Bulbazak, Welcome. It'll be nice to play with you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”