Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Serious, I'm not lying from my VT claim forward. I'm sorry for being like that so far.

It's not that Flench is mad. You see, you're mad, or at least, upset with it.
Flench called for an instant lynch, without giving town the time to think it over.
That's not town, in my books, and I'd like for Flench to answer for it.
This is the way I prescribe active-pressure.
Flench is one of my townier reads, but that last play pinged scum for me.
So I'm voting there and seeing what he says in response.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Couple that with the double "how stupid would you feel" AtE.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.41

[L-3] Varsoon - Dyslexicon, Titus, TunnelVision, Flench
[L-5] TunnelVision - CherryDrPepper, Paschendale
[L-6] Titus - Saki
[L-6] jmo16mla - StubbsKVM
[L-6] StubbsKVM - oriole
[L-6] Flench - Varsoon

Not Voting: Xiao Long, Glass, jmo16mla

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Currently looking for a replacement for Glass.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Saki »

*actually considers Varsoon policy lynch*
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Flench »

In post 1047, Varsoon wrote:Flench, you realize how scummy that sounds, right?
You want to string me up now because if I have time, I might prove my innocence?
Honestly, if you feel so worried about me, lynch me on D2 or D3. As of now, I've provided enough Wifom to make scum waste a NK or PR on me, which is good enough. I can say things like this due to the WIFOM already created. I can bluff right at scum because of what I've done and they have no way of knowing if I'm a PR or not, and so I'm high-risk for scum to keep alive.

Instead, Flench, you should be tracking my logic through the entire game with the knowledge that I am VT. A lot of my actions make a lot more sense once you know that.

I know how it sounds but that's how I feel when I think of people actually believing you, it makes me hopeless.

Varsoon, your logic cannot be tracked, I could make a case your posting throughout the game to be literally any role I can think of. You have no master plan, how does nobody else see this? He is just scrambling to find a way out.

I'm done posting for a while, before I get into any more trouble on my desire for Varsoon's death.

#rollout

edit: btw Varsoon, I'm a bit mad.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 1054, Flench wrote:
You want to string me up now because if I have time, I might prove my innocence?
Honestly, if you feel so worried about me, lynch me on D2 or D3. As of now, I've provided enough Wifom to make scum waste a NK or PR on me, which is good enough. I can say things like this due to the WIFOM already created. I can bluff right at scum because of what I've done and they have no way of knowing if I'm a PR or not, and so I'm high-risk for scum to keep alive.

Instead, Flench, you should be tracking my logic through the entire game with the knowledge that I am VT. A lot of my actions make a lot more sense once you know that.

I know how it sounds but that's how I feel when I think of people actually believing you, it makes me hopeless.

Varsoon, your logic cannot be tracked, I could make a case your posting throughout the game to be literally any role I can think of. You have no master plan, how does nobody else see this? He is just scrambling to find a way out.

I'm done posting for a while, before I get into any more trouble on my desire for Varsoon's death.

#rollout

I has strong feelings towards you going afk with a vote on someone
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Not satisfied with that response, Flench. You can't just take your ball and go home on the vote.
I can understand that you're angry, but make your plays based on logic rather than frustration.
Maybe I am wrong, but I think that with a basic understanding of how I play on this site, coupled with knowledge of me being VT, it's easy to see why I'd make the plays I did.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 1049, Titus wrote:Varsoon, you expect the town to be angry with you and you're voting the first guy that seems to be pissed off at you?

Your backing off deserves some analysis rather than autoscum status but you did cost us a whole hell of a lot of time Varsoon and the saying lynch all liars is there FOR A REASON.
Just be careful with the lynch all liars thing. In that Calvin and Hobbes game of Varsoon, Yates, who was VT, fake CC'd the doc.
I'll get to the other thing you asked me in a bit.

#rollout

I don't like this post. I'm about half-way through my read-through, so admittedly I'm missing perhaps a lot of information, but a lot of your posts are scummy. If you're so upset with people believing Varsoon, you should probably work a bit more with actively discrediting him rather than tossing your hands up and saying, "Fuck it, vote Varsoon, and I'm out."
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 1057, Xiao Long wrote:
In post 1049, Titus wrote:Varsoon, you expect the town to be angry with you and you're voting the first guy that seems to be pissed off at you?

Your backing off deserves some analysis rather than autoscum status but you did cost us a whole hell of a lot of time Varsoon and the saying lynch all liars is there FOR A REASON.
Just be careful with the lynch all liars thing. In that Calvin and Hobbes game of Varsoon, Yates, who was VT, fake CC'd the doc.
I'll get to the other thing you asked me in a bit.

#rollout

I don't like this post. I'm about half-way through my read-through, so admittedly I'm missing perhaps a lot of information, but a lot of your posts are scummy. If you're so upset with people believing Varsoon, you should probably work a bit more with actively discrediting him rather than tossing your hands up and saying, "Fuck it, vote Varsoon, and I'm out."
I don't agree with this. Read through the entire thread.

I'd imagine it highly likely for a townie to go "fuck it vote varsoon I'm out"

especially Flench
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Xiao: Yeah, that was the other crumb I think I forgot. I made a point of mentioning other games and a -certain ongoing one- that I linked right when it finished--Calvin and Hobbes Mafia. In that game, two different VT players claimed PRs so that they could better gauge their peers. I thought it was a pretty viable tactic so I crumbed that game and CC'd Saki in this one.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1053, Saki wrote:*actually considers Varsoon policy lynch*
There's enough here where a lynch on Varsoon shouldn't just be based on policy. Yeah, it's scummy but this would be the exact problem Pasch was considering when wanting to lynch Varsoon earlier. Everyone says policy lynch and runs with it, giving the town a lot less information.

I don't buy his VT "crumbs" but I'm going to give myself a day or two to reflect on that rather than make a hasty judgment.

I also now see why you won so easily without reading. With the town ccing power roles, who the hell needed scum to do it?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Harsh, Titus.
I won because I made several plays that locked me in as confirmed town. I could discuss Calvin and Hobbes mafia for days and explain the manifold ways I went about winning that game and ensuring a perfect win for my scum-team, but I wont. Feel free to look at that game if you want a good example of my scum play at its finest. Otherwise, check out my 3P Lylo game run by 4nxi3ty.

If you don't believe my crumbs that I've posted, then ISO me and look through my posts with the knowledge that I am VT. It should be fairly obvious what my motivations are throughout the game and you should be able to see plenty hints towards my true role/alignment.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

VOTE: varsoon

Told you guys he was scum. Phone post.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Jmo: Please give us something with more content or replace out of the game.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 1063, Varsoon wrote:@Jmo: Please give us something with more content or replace out of the game.
^
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 1063, Varsoon wrote:@Jmo: Please give us something with more content or replace out of the game.
You're mad because you're getting lynched scum. Why would I replace out for finding scum?
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 1065, jmo16mla wrote:
You're mad because you're getting lynched scum. Why would I replace out for finding scum?
you won't ever troll as hard as Varsoon is atm

give up JMO

and actually scumhunt

kthx
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I am pretty incapable of being mad after cat mafia.

If you don't have time for the game, replace out.
otherwise, contribute more.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 516, Titus wrote:Now I see why setups on my other site insist on an Order of Operations. :facepalm:

I always considered that Varsoon acting scummy on the surface was his plan to survive the night as a PR. What I'm perceiving from him is wholly inconsistent with Vanilla Townie play.
In post 521, Titus wrote:
In post 519, oriole wrote:I'm sneaking in a quick post here, but I'm busy for another hour or so...

My impression so far is that Saki's claim is real, Varsoon is fake-claiming town because ~reasons~, and while Titus is saying some things I disagree with that doesn't make him scum.

UNVOTE:
My vote on Cherry's a bit outdated.

Oriole, that doesn't make much sense. Why wouldn't Varsoon just withdraw his claim so we wouldn't inadvertently lynch Saki?

Also, in post 861, I said you were refusing to claim VT. I find your claim now Varsoon highly suspect. These posts are part of that foundation.

@oriole, do you still believe your thoughts in 519 are consistent? I found them when looking through my own ISO when we were speculating that Varsoon or Saki might be veteran town. What are the "~reasons~" you had listed?

@JMO, I'm voting Varsoon and I'm pretty damn annoyed. Someone who agrees with my course of action and puts up terrible logic is still helpful for many reasons. So please, just tell us why you feel Varsoon is scum or replace out. Thank you.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Already addressed that in my response to Oriole. It was too soon and would seem too opportunistic to claim VT then.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Besides, I feel that you're biased, Titus. I could say that I ate a hamburger for lunch and you'd call me out on it.
Can you do something other than tunnel me?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Titus »

I'm hardly tunnelling you. You made a major move that's worthy of analysis rather than just possibly proceeding down a path I believed prior to your claim.

Also, I was planning to do a day full of behavioral analysis but you caused a bunch of drama in the thread that I felt I had to reply to.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Fair enough, but, again, I urge you to put some of your analytic clout towards other elements of the game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Titus »

What elements do you think deserve extra scrutiny?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

People on my wagon, JMO's vote flipping, lurkers, Xiao's comments and Xiao in general, Flench.

I'm doing what I can, but it feels like my hands are tied. If I push too hard on too many points, It feels like people will discredit me with the typical "Looking for a way out" sort of response.

Return to “Completed Open Games”