Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Saki »

@Varsoon
revoking your claim then?
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Saki: Which one?
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Saki »

TRB
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I probably should.
I crumbed this, but I doubt it'll gain much credence.
I'm just vanilla town. I've been trying to expose Saki's PR claim as truthful or not, which is why I backed down when I found out that it was.
I was also trying to make myself the N1 NK through being really suspicious, but that option also dried up.
I think it's best if I be straightforward from here on out.
I also mentioned Calvin and Hobbes mafia, since a very similar play happened early on with Zoidberg. The scum-claim and other elements were red herrings.
Of course, revealing this will probably make town really angry, so understand why I am hesitant to do so now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

Or, at least, -was- hesitant. Like I said, I think playing level one is the best play I can make right now.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

Post by oriole »

Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Saki »

sigh
look, now I'm an un-cc'd pr!

I've already decided on my roleblock target, I'll just stay quiet and wait for replacements and such

underline any questions to me

you do know Varsoon you're making the game turn this way and that on your whim
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:47 am

Post by oriole »

In post 519, oriole wrote:I'm sneaking in a quick post here, but I'm busy for another hour or so...

My impression so far is that Saki's claim is real, Varsoon is fake-claiming town because ~reasons~, and while Titus is saying some things I disagree with that doesn't make him scum.

UNVOTE:
My vote on Cherry's a bit outdated.
And you didn't feel like backing off when I said I thought you were fake-claiming 500 posts ago, or when you first said you'd be reverting to level 1 play?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:49 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.40

[L-3] Varsoon - Dyslexicon, Titus, TunnelVision, Flench
[L-5] TunnelVision - CherryDrPepper, Paschendale
[L-5] Titus - Saki, Varsoon
[L-6] jmo16mla - StubbsKVM
[L-6] StubbsKVM - oriole

Not Voting: Xiao Long, Glass, jmo16mla

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Currently looking for a replacement for Glass.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:50 am

Post by Saki »

In post 1032, oriole wrote:
In post 519, oriole wrote:I'm sneaking in a quick post here, but I'm busy for another hour or so...

My impression so far is that Saki's claim is real, Varsoon is fake-claiming town because ~reasons~, and while Titus is saying some things I disagree with that doesn't make him scum.

UNVOTE:
My vote on Cherry's a bit outdated.
And you didn't feel like backing off when I said I thought you were fake-claiming 500 posts ago, or when you first said you'd be reverting to level 1 play?
500 posts of pure fun, mhmm
/extreme sarcasm
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:58 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1028, Varsoon wrote: I crumbed this, but I doubt it'll gain much credence.
Where's the crumb?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Oriole: Didn't back off then because it would seem opportunistic and the last thing I wanted was people lynching me under false pretenses.
Let me dig up the crumbs.

@Saki: All it takes is for someone else to command a strong enough voice and presence.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

Besides, had I backed off 500 posts ago, I wouldn't have all the info I have now.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Titus »

Well the only question now is whether we believe Varsoon's claim of VT now. I'll let him put forth his crumbs but I'm still very suspicious that this is scumVarsoon just flailing around to try and save himself. I don't get why Varsoon didn't back off sooner.

Lynching Varsoon for lying is lynching him under false pretenses?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1021, Varsoon wrote:Oh, so two weeks from now? Sure is winding down.
We have ~5 slots that have given town no information. It's foolhardy to go into D2 while there's still so many lurkers and a replacement pending.
I actually did have a case on him, I apologize that it wasn't a wall of text with quotes left and right. You can continue to misrep me with slanderous lines like "You never gave a good reason for voting him and now that people aren't jumping on and realizing there was no case, your vote leaves. Scummy timing."
But I hope that town will see how terrible you're being. ISO me for the case, or ask for it straightforwardly. Don't lie to town and say there was no case.

Vote: Titus
No one put a wall up on him. Period. There are reactionary votes, like your case. I'm not about to go through a town player's ISO and argue they are scummy. You can go ahead and make a case on Tunnel but don't expect me to do it for you. No misrep there at all.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Saki »

In post 1036, Varsoon wrote:@Saki: All it takes is for someone else to command a strong enough voice and presence.
with a sprinkle of douchebaggery
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1036, Varsoon wrote:@Oriole: Didn't back off then because it would seem opportunistic and the last thing I wanted was people lynching me under false pretenses.
Let me dig up the crumbs.

@Saki: All it takes is for someone else to command a strong enough voice and presence.
So my arguing that you've been scum for quite awhile now, highlighting the implausibility of both of you being scum, getting you down to L-2 wasn't a strong enough voice or presence to get you to back off your claim?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Titus »

*both being scum = both being town roleblockers and that you're likely scum

Sorry had a few thoughts run together there.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler:
is the first giveaway. I talk about mixing things up, but this is really in regards to my usual 100% claimrate. I figured that it was an established enough meta for me by now that I could pull off mixing it up. Also, mixing up the claim to see what people would say speaks towards my entire play-style so far, as opposed to 'Everyone claims town', which was something I didn't want to do. VT claiming VT early does nothing for town.

is in direct reference to 38, but the red herring is that it is in reference to my scum-claim.

speaks to the red-herrings and that I'm VT claiming scum in this game. I want to laugh at people who would use my meta against me.

speaks towards the controlled variables I am playing with and prefaces my fake-claim.

prefaces my paranoia towards Titus and my plays for the next 700 posts to come.

isn't the first time I mention 'town v town' or 'town vs town' instead of typing out Town Versus Town. Why? I'm VTown/VarSoon Town. :D

and around there is when I start letting up on the two roleblocker thing. I though it'd be a good fake-claim to pressure Saki into revealing alignment and get reads out of others, but I hadn't read the setup and so here and around I start trying to drop VT hints without coming out and saying it. I later decide to put more pressure on the points, and figure that Saki is definitely town and titus is likely town, but I get scum vibes.

: Specifically talking about breadcrumbs and denying that it was one. In truth, I was wrapping myself in layers of lies/falsehoods, and at the core, I'm very serious about chocolate--or, in this case, finding scum. Chocolate is the opposite of Vanilla, as well, and at this point in the game I was trying to be as chocolate as possible.

: " I don't feel like I need to prove I'm more town than Saki, but that I am actually the role I claimed, which is in somewhat direct conflict with the role Saki claimed." Not saying -the role that I am-, but, rather, what I claimed.

: Essentially sets up for another crumb I was planning on, but that... I'm VT playing TRB playing VI playing Scum. I'm fourth level. Varsoon is 4th level. V4. Vtown (Town has 4 letters). I never got to it, since I ditched the whole levels thing. In 815 I hint towards that, but I feel like it'd be too overt of a crumb to go further.

: Around here I start having lines like "leaning VT" and a lot of other drops of VT.

: I mention the crumb of being VT in third level play. :D

Anyways, I think there's some other ones, but these are the major ones I can recall off the top of my head and search out. The biggest ones I remember are the levels one, the meta-flipping, the drops of VT/talk of people crumbing VT, the ones that have to do with certain parts of my rhetoric on my fake-claim of RB, and the chocolate/vanilla one.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Titus: Men don't crumble under pressure.
As far as TV goes, he's town. Also, I told you to ISO me for -my- case on TV. You read me wrong. Please, relax.
Unvote

Feeling like Titus is town as well after all the shit I've given her. Going back to my point of the Saki v Titus v Varsoon thing is town v town v town. I might not have caught any scum in my snares, but I got some town, which is good enough.
Now, we just wait to see who exploits my VT claim. If no one does, we go about actually scum hunting once we can get everyone in the thread. Sound good?

@Saki: Hey, I might be a shitlord, but I am not a douchebag.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Flench »

1. If Varsoon is VT, he has pretty much screwed the town at this point, all we have is misinformation and he will be lynched because of his bad play.

2. He is yet again full of shit, trying to save the face of his mafia buddies defending him by casting doubt on his role. Please die so we can get on to other things and actually try to sort out this game.

This is why I am worried about waiting to lynch, I think with enough time, Varsoon can convince some of you he is town.

Just ask yourself, how stupid would you feel if you left him alive as town until the end and he was mafia? Pretty damn stupid, it was so obvious.

How stupid would you feel if he turns out to actually be VT? Not stupid at all, he did this shit himself, he screwed the town.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Saki »

sigh
I just can't seem to keep quiet

@Flench

policy lynch? really?
11 days to deadline on D1?
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

Flench, you realize how scummy that sounds, right?
You want to string me up now because if I have time, I might prove my innocence?
Honestly, if you feel so worried about me, lynch me on D2 or D3. As of now, I've provided enough Wifom to make scum waste a NK or PR on me, which is good enough. I can say things like this due to the WIFOM already created. I can bluff right at scum because of what I've done and they have no way of knowing if I'm a PR or not, and so I'm high-risk for scum to keep alive.

Instead, Flench, you should be tracking my logic through the entire game with the knowledge that I am VT. A lot of my actions make a lot more sense once you know that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

In fact, this is exactly what I'm talking about in 1044.

Vote: Flench
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Titus »

Varsoon, you expect the town to be angry with you and you're voting the first guy that seems to be pissed off at you?

Your backing off deserves some analysis rather than autoscum status but you did cost us a whole hell of a lot of time Varsoon and the saying lynch all liars is there FOR A REASON.

Return to “Completed Open Games”