Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.38

[L-3] Varsoon - Dyslexicon, Titus, TunnelVision, Flench
[L-4] TunnelVision - CherryDrPepper, Paschendale, Varsoon
[L-6] jmo16mla - StubbsKVM
[L-6] Titus - Saki
[L-6] StubbsKVM - oriole

Not Voting: Xiao Long, Glass, jmo16mla

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Currently looking for a replacement for Glass.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey Xiao. We're in a bit of a pickle here.
Glass and the guy you just replaced have been missing for awhile,
My wagon's at L-3,
I counter-claimed Saki, who claimed Town RoleBlocker
You should probably read the setup or else everyone will treat you like an idiot,
Paschendale is confirmed town.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

What's up everybody, it's pretty late around here, so I'll be doing a proper response when I wake up tomorrow.
I'll go ahead and give a scim for now, though.
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

In post 976, Varsoon wrote:I counter-claimed Saki, who claimed Town RoleBlocker
You should probably read the setup or else everyone will treat you like an idiot
Not liking these 2 sentences.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

^
- Sakura Hana
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:35 am

Post by oriole »

Hey. Hey Varsoon.

Calvin and Hobbes Mafia.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:57 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 980, oriole wrote:Hey. Hey Varsoon.

Calvin and Hobbes Mafia.
He's done that at least twice this game. Its meta though so its useless, but its 100% and he drops it every game.

Cherry, I agree on those two sentences. Its the same language nuance/framework of the lie he told when he role claimed. Bold faced lying is hard. (I made this point in my case against him.)

-1-
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:05 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Yeah

@Varsoon: So first you say you counter claimed because you didn't know the setup, then you claim there was the possibility of you both being town, so now you know the setup and you say you're counter claiming again?
Why is with the AtE as soon as the replacement steps in?

-Sakura Hana
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Saki »

In post 974, Does Bo Know wrote:
Xiao Long is replacing Vote Me. Please welcome him to the game!
~DBK
Welcome, Welcome
all of you who didn't you're all uncivilized people
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Titus »

Welcome Xiao!

I guess I'm uncivilized for sleeping and going to work. Really, there's no point for that behavior Saki. Chill.

Back to reading/analyzing.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:55 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

(First of all - I'm so sorry for my horrible low activity. I'll try avoid having to be replaced, but if I keep being this bad at keeping up I might decide to. It's not really fair for the game.)
In post 782, CherryDrPepper wrote:@Dyslexicon: Re: Titus: Yes, at least until Varsoon claimed that would make it more believable for me

Another thing tho, since you like numbers you say there's a 1% chance that BOTH are town, however looking at them individually what are the chances of one individually being town, and what are the chances of both being scum?, technically the same could be said to any PR claim in the future, are you gonna lynch all of them?

-Sakura Hana
Titus wouldn't know Varsoon would claim though, so probing for information isn't really a problem the way I see it.
The 1% is a fact (or rather 1,25% if my math stands correct), however I can't accurately describe their chances individually the same way, but I think Varsoon is more likely scum than Saki given his behavior throughout the game, especially this latest. However, both of them joining up now is highly suspicious, and one of them flipping scum wouldn't make the other conf town. Also, it's the presense of a CC that makes me want a lynch here, not a singel PR claim which is something entirely different, so it makes no sense drawing that connection.
In post 858, Titus wrote:TunnelVision - Most likely town. TunnelVision has said his playstyle matches my own and he sees the same issues I see a lot. Unfortunately, this makes me really tempted to lie and see if he sheeps with me or not. There's no point to this on Day 1 but I'll have to scrutinze him closer. TunnelVision's votes are thought out and he emphasizes the wrong point from time to time. I do that sometimes myself. Which one of you is number 1 (the hydra head with the playstyle like mine)? I don't see him as a lurker, but some do so I put him here.
This is curious, because I don't see that much similarity between you, in that TV is much more aggressive, and you even pointed out that you didn't agree on everything. Do you agree/disagree with this?
In post 869, Varsoon wrote:See, this is why you're having trouble following me, and, ergo, reading me as scum.
I don't play by the same rules.
This and your whole level-discussion is just bad and irrelevant. Please stop it, whatever your alignment is. We can discuss fun game theory after the game is over.
In post 878, Titus wrote:I asked Paschendale that because I wanted to confirm that I could indeed go after Varsoon 100% without disrupting any plans he had for the town or if the wall would be too long for him to manage. I wasn't going to have my wall of new information up rapidly, so I tried to take the most economical apprach.
What plans would this be i.e?
In post 881, Saki wrote:Drop the numbers argument, please.

Whoever's using it just seems to agree that there can't be two TRBs 'cause it's a 1% chance.
Therefore one of (Saki, Varsoon) is lying and scum.
Why should we drop it? Why isn't this valid as an argument?
In post 928, Paschendale wrote:@Everyone - Please answer the following question. This question is designed to probe relationships between players and get more direct hold your feet to the fire information.

If you had to pick one person as scum, other than Varsoon, who would you pick and why? Why must include more than a gut feeling.

If you had to pick one person as town, other than Paschendale, who would you pick and why? Why must include more than a gut feeling.
Scum pick - Cherry, seems to be pushing an agenda more than looking. I've had this feeling from quite early on. Pulls out rather arbitrary points to paint people scum (like in #872).
Town pick - Flench, reasonable and relevant analysis and questioning, seems very from a town angle.
In post 947, CherryDrPepper wrote:Titus, stop the math. The 99 percent thing seems like you just want a potential roleblocker lynched. Stop using information over analysis WE ARE NOT LYNCHING A CLAIMED ROLEBLOCKER TODAY. I love how you peg me and Varsoon as scum but completely wash your hands off it by asking "What do you think" istead of providing analysis of your own.
Again, why drop "the math" argument just because it is math. That it is fact and not mere inerpretation like most of the arguments in mafia makes it even more compelling imo.

---

Still holding my vote on Varsoon. I think he is the most likely to be scum, and yes this is both based on his behavior and the math. His vague explanation and refutation on his scummy play lately isn't convincing me otherwise. Out of Varsoon and Saki, Saki is the one acting more town to me based on his careless attitude and omgusy tendencies. Relying on this CC-business to be sorted out is also risky, and we have no guarantee for this to actually happen without it getting messy.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:16 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Since you like Facts, it IS a fact that there's 1% chance of both being town, are you willing to waste 2 mislynches on Town PRs without hitting scum at all due to that 99%? If they both are town, town will be losing because of your number analysis.

If you wanna lynch them, do so for reasons other than the claim.

-Sakura Hana
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Saki »

@Dyx

WALL WALL WALL
so 1% chance that we're both trb so we lynch one

that said
it also proves why we shouldn't carry on with this

if you lynch one of us, flips scum the other one will be conf trb?
if you lynch one of us, flips trb the other one is confscum?

Retaking stance.

My reason for not going for a Varsoon lynch today:
1) The chance that varsoon flips town (in general, not just trb). Then I'm confscum? (is the argument being made) Not taking that chance. I have to stay alive, 'cause, you know.
2) Varsoon 'counter-claimed' but isn't trying to get me lynched like that implies. He's afraid of 1) too. Nulltell really, but let him live. 'cause if he survives D1-N1 he'll be in deep shit.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:03 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 986, CherryDrPepper wrote:If you wanna lynch them, do so for reasons other than the claim.

-Sakura Hana
Do you disagree with your other head about the case on Varsoon and/or the read on me? I'd like some answers from you or the other head regarding my response to .

@Everybody against the Varsoon lynch:

Go read his Mafia QT for the Calvin + Hobbes game mentioned above:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/E9MxMvmZJ8Qwu

Look at how sharp and logical Varsoon's game play is. Look at his understanding and consideration of the game setup with the play calls his mafia team makes.

Now tell me you truly believe this guy is town here, and town Varsoon thought it wise to counter claim on D1 and out himself as a PR in a game setup that allows for multiple PR's of the same type. (I don't.)

-1-
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Saki »

I can't seem to access any sort of QT. *sigh*
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:22 am

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 977, Xiao Long wrote:What's up everybody, it's pretty late around here, so I'll be doing a proper response when I wake up tomorrow.
I'll go ahead and give a scim for now, though.
Well, I thought I was going to make a proper post when I woke up, but I've been reading the thread for like an hour and I'm only on page 15 (holy shit, day 1 in this game is longer than the entirety of my previous game.)
Anyways, just to respond to some things on THIS page (I'll get to others when I'm finished reading):
In post 976, Varsoon wrote:Hey Xiao. We're in a bit of a pickle here.
Glass and the guy you just replaced have been missing for awhile,
My wagon's at L-3,
I counter-claimed Saki, who claimed Town RoleBlocker
You should probably read the setup or else everyone will treat you like an idiot,
Paschendale is confirmed town.
So where's the pickle? You being at L-3? Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
In post 981, TunnelVision wrote:
In post 980, oriole wrote:Hey. Hey Varsoon.

Calvin and Hobbes Mafia.
He's done that at least twice this game. Its meta though so its useless, but its 100% and he drops it every game.

Cherry, I agree on those two sentences. Its the same language nuance/framework of the lie he told when he role claimed. Bold faced lying is hard. (I made this point in my case against him.)

-1-
If it's 100% and he drops it every game...why is it useless?
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Titus »

@Saki, try a different browser on the QT. It works fine in Firefox. Also, if we lynch one of you and that guy is TRB, then the other guy is most nearly certain scum. If we lynch one of you and you flip scum, that doesn't prove anything about the other guy but makes it more likely to be town.

@Dyslexicon, Tunnel's opening made me much more paranoid of agreements with him. He said we pretty much play the same style and the head that's been posting will have difficulty reading me. I do feel like some of the things he's noticed are things I've observed as well (such as the mason claim). We don't agree on things outside of the Varsoon lynch but we are too close to avoid paranoia on the Varsoon lynch. I also am surprised that you claim TV is much more aggressive. I figured my play was as aggressive as it got, provided I don't fuck up what known town are doing.

Cherry seems to be a logical choice after Varsoon flips scum (provided he does). Cherry was on the Saki lynch before the shift and after he's been FoSing anyone who attacks Varsoon.

@Cherry, Varsoon has been scummy for reasons other than the claim. I did a large wall on them. You're picking one point and saying that's the whole case. Varsoon is pretty scummy in his own right and trying to sweep it under the rug by saying VI. That man is no VI.

@Xiao, Tell me if you see the same pattern I am documenting below please in your read. Also, what Varsoon claims about his meta is useless, since he's claimed everything under the sun. Meta is only useless if you believe it to be. I believe it is low-value, so it has little influence with me.

@All, I'm looking at the pattern here for the voting and it seems like Saki's claim really altered what most of the players thought about who was scum and who wasn't. I am beginning to think that Saki was a target for a mislynch at the start of the game. Saki, being relatively newer than even me, can be the most likely relied upon to say something like the gist in post 987 that says he's focused on survival. Perhaps this is why Varsoon counter-claimed because I don't automatically take a claim at face value. Still, it seems like the game shifted 180 after Saki's claim.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:30 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

In post 991, Titus wrote:@Cherry, Varsoon has been scummy for reasons other than the claim. I did a large wall on them. You're picking one point and saying that's the whole case. Varsoon is pretty scummy in his own right and trying to sweep it under the rug by saying VI. That man is no VI.
That's what I like to hear, you constantly mentioning the theory of probability is the reason why I kept saying to not base your case on it.

-Sakura Hana
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Saki »

@Titus
Thanks.

Why do you feel the need to make that '@all' paragraph?

You were unphased by my claim and Varsoons counterclaim and kept on with your read that I was scum.
You quickly changed that read after we stopped yelling at each other and everyone else started to come back with walls.
Can you explain that?
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 982, CherryDrPepper wrote:Yeah

@Varsoon: So first you say you counter claimed because you didn't know the setup, then you claim there was the possibility of you both being town, so now you know the setup and you say you're counter claiming again?
Why is with the AtE as soon as the replacement steps in?

-Sakura Hana

I did claim because I didn't know the setup.
There is a possibility we're both town--I was informed of this after my CC.
Now I know the setup and I'm not counter-claiming again, because I still think Saki is town.
There's no appeal to emotion there, Cherry. I was simply laying out the major things that've happened on D1. We're on page 40, it's not exactly easy to catch up.
Unless you meant the part about reading the setup? Because that -is- true. Everyone's been on my ass about it.

@Xiao: The pickle isn't in the fact that I'm at L-3, but that we're on page 40 with an early CC to Roleblocker in a semi-open setup and no one has been lynched yet. We've got lurkers for days and people scrambling hard for lynches while others are actively fighting against them.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Saki: I feel like the simple truth is that he, like me, started believing that you actually were town. Titus can't deny LOGIC, so Titus instead figured if you were more town, I must be scum. Otherwise, the only motivation I could see for the swap is that your wagon deflated and Titus hopped on the next most likely one. I would be happy voting Titus today, but I feel like TV is really where the scum is at, and so do a few other people who I have hard town-reads on.

@Oriole: Yeah, I claimed scum in that game on D1 and just had a perfect scum win. I claimed scum in this game, too. :D
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:41 am

Post by Saki »

@Varsoon

I don't see a very active case against TV anywhere. Is that me just not looking hard enough?
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 992, CherryDrPepper wrote:
In post 991, Titus wrote:@Cherry, Varsoon has been scummy for reasons other than the claim. I did a large wall on them. You're picking one point and saying that's the whole case. Varsoon is pretty scummy in his own right and trying to sweep it under the rug by saying VI. That man is no VI.
That's what I like to hear, you constantly mentioning the theory of probability is the reason why I kept saying to not base your case on it.

-Sakura Hana
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p5142380, combined with this post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5143176

The post I laid out the case for Varsoon being scum. Yes, I did mention the 1% chance but the large bulk of that post was highlighting Varsoon's scummy play independent of that.

This tells me that you are seriously not reading my posts. I don't know why you would be skipping over my arguments and then claiming I never made them.

@Saki, I made that all paragraph because I promised I'd be looking at the initial voting patterns and documenting what I saw. That was an initial gut read of the vote counts I had seen so far.

As for why I changed my mind, I looked at your responses and Varsoon's to the pressure applied to you over time. Yours seemed much more genuine than his. You, being newer, should have made quite a few more slips than Varsoon if scum. Instead, Varsoon's play was gradually shifting towards scumminess and grand explanations for his play so far.

@Varsoon - Don't answer for me. That pisses me off, especially because you're wrong and my scum read. By the way, if you remember, I'm actually a woman.

And now Varsoon claims scum. For pete's sake can we lynch him already?
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:41 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 990, Xiao Long wrote:
In post 981, TunnelVision wrote: He's done that at least twice this game. Its meta though so its useless, but its 100% and he drops it every game.

-1-
If it's 100% and he drops it every game...why is it useless?
Well, we discussed this a bit earlier in the thread so my post there is referencing back to our earlier discussion with some sarcasm.

To be perfectly clear:
Varsoon claims he does something in every game that indicates his alignment, 100%. He says he does it without fail and in every game. In the Calvin and Hobbes game post chat, we learn that Varsoon claims his alignment truthfully each game. In this game, he has on at least two occasions said he was scum. It would stand to reason, if we believe him and 100% of the time without fail he truthfully indicates his alignment, that he is scum in this game because he has said so.

HOWEVER, Varsoon controls that. He posts it. He could post "I'm town", or "I'm scum" and it would be an easy dupe if we believed him that it was 100% correct and without fail. My point is, it's useless because he controls it. It's not like the mod is saying "Varsoon is X." Varsoon is saying it, therefore we cannot trust it with any certainty.

TLDR, the fact that he says "I'm scum" in this game is purely fluff, and completely useless.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 996, Saki wrote:@Varsoon

I don't see a very active case against TV anywhere. Is that me just not looking hard enough?
No. No one has put up a wall that TV is scum but he has quite a few votes on him. That should tell you something Saki.

Return to “Completed Open Games”