Micro 193 - HD had a Greater Idea (Mafia)! [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Votecount
Votecount 1.6

(3)
Mac
-
(DrDolittle,)
Grimgroove, ChannelDelibird, Guyett
(2)
Grimgroove
- TheTrollie, Mac
(1)
JasonWazza
- EspeciallyTheLies
(1)
ChannelDelibird
- JasonWazza
(1)
TheTrollie
- Cheery Dog
(0)
Guyett
-
(DrDolittle)

(0)
Cheery Dog
-
(Guyett)

(1)
Not voting
- DrDolittle

EspeciallyTheLies is V/LA until July 3rd.
I will be V/LA from July 3rd to July 7th. During that time, Maestro will be taking over. When applicable, send all night actions to
both
Maestro and myself.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline is July 6, 2013 at 8:05 AM EDT. Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2013-07-06 08:05:00)
Last edited by Human Destroyer on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you ready for this?
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 am

Post by DrDolittle »

^ I actually agree with this.
@Mod, Prod on Mac, please.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:36 am

Post by Mac »

if you guys could give me 'til tomorrow when i'm off work to get to this game then that would be great

I'll admit i've been lazy, it's been sitewide and I apologise. give me time and I'll deliver.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:17 am

Post by TheTrollie »

JUST CLAIM MOFO

CLAIM NOW
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:17 am

Post by TheTrollie »

im not waiting until tomorrow to vote you

TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:18 am

Post by TheTrollie »

o i didnt realize ETL said something...
but mac and grimm are totes scum

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Anything more refreshing to add?
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:18 am

Post by Guyett »

@ trollie desperate much lol
@ Mac, don't keep us waiting now... I don't particularly like people stallers
@ jason Come on lad get posting, need to hear more from you.
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:46 am

Post by TheTrollie »

if mac isnt at L-1 u should pretend im voting u so ur back at L-1.
time for work

Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:08 am

Post by Guyett »

He's not... if you had time to post that surely you have time to vote :P
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Mac »

how the fuck can you fucking accuse me on stalling when I told you I was off to work. to accuse me of stalling when I have told you real life is taking a bit of priority is pretty much diving into tunneling.

but anyway, I'm a town conspiracy theorist. make what you will of that. responding to stuff now
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Oh, so you are an alien. Perfect. Lynch now please.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:26 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

UNVOTE: Mac
VOTE: Grimgroove
#greenshirtthursdays
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Grimgroove »

:(
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Guyett »

Jason discarded a town conspiracy theorist... the wiki says there are 3 so that leaves 2 left. I think that's a 1 in 54 chance of getting another one.
town conspiracy theorist is essentially a miller so investigating is pointless here...
Hmm I will have to go back over things
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Guyett »

@CDB what is the reason behind that? is it to do with Grims reaction at Mac's claim?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:30 am

Town conspiracy theorist is a cop/miller, not a miller.

I was getting bugged that Grim was more likely scum over the last page or so, now I think he's definitely scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Guyett »

more of a role cop though
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

This really is the least important semantic argument we could possibly be having so let's stop.
#greenshirtthursdays
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Grimgroove »

That's what you and trollie keep saying, but the "why" of it all is missing.
You're not granting me the right of defense when you don't give arguments.
Normally if you don't give arguments, I don't expect people to follow you (with the exception of trollie) so I'm not very concerned yet, but you should really start thinking about your case on me.
I don't find that consiparcy theorist at all convincing. I find it one of the least convincing claims he could come up with.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 171, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 165, Guyett wrote:@Grim I'm not particularly fond of people voting without giving reason, to me it looks like you can't think of a good enough reason yet and you're taking a lazy easy option.

however I like your readings on Mac in post 152
I think my reads prove that I had reasons all along
Do you think I'd take the risk simply calling someone scum wityhout having any reasons for it? I could have gone for the "argument" that I was reaction testing, but I shot down that possibility myself by actively rooting for his lynch. I had reasons from the very start, but simply chose not to give them yet. Partially out of laziness. But lazy doesn't make me scum.

I've only got two town-reads so far, two leaning scum, one scum, the rest is null.
... I kind of covered that in my post?!? you say you had reasons all along but you only posted it long after your vote... like I said you vote for someone without reason and later you post reasons when you think some up.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Imagine browsing through a list looking for a safeclaim, what would you choose?

* A role that comes up several times
* A role that's better than your discard
* A role that can't be proven
* A role that explains a "guilty" when somebody checks you.

Mac's claim ticks all the boxes.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 193, ChannelDelibird wrote:This really is the least important semantic argument we could possibly be having so let's stop.
lol yeah.
Tbh I'm still suspicious of Grim but I dont really find Macs reveal very convincing...
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:37 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 195, Guyett wrote:
In post 171, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 165, Guyett wrote:@Grim I'm not particularly fond of people voting without giving reason, to me it looks like you can't think of a good enough reason yet and you're taking a lazy easy option.

however I like your readings on Mac in post 152
I think my reads prove that I had reasons all along
Do you think I'd take the risk simply calling someone scum wityhout having any reasons for it? I could have gone for the "argument" that I was reaction testing, but I shot down that possibility myself by actively rooting for his lynch. I had reasons from the very start, but simply chose not to give them yet. Partially out of laziness. But lazy doesn't make me scum.

I've only got two town-reads so far, two leaning scum, one scum, the rest is null.
... I kind of covered that in my post?!? you say you had reasons all along but you only posted it long after your vote... like I said you vote for someone without reason and later you post reasons when you think some up.
How could I be sure that "I'd think something up", if I couldn't at the time of my vote? That would be stupidly risky, don't you think?
Do you find my thoughts on Mac's initial votes (from before my vote on him) compelling? Or do you get the feeling they are artificial and "thought up"?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Mac »

Spoiler: big ass wall
In post 152, Grimgroove wrote:*messed up the quotes, reported the previous one for deletion:

I'll start with this. It's been long overdue.
In post 37, Mac wrote:oh I forgot about this game.

TheTrollie's logic is kinda confusing me and I'm struggling to follow it. that said, I can see how Grimgroove feels it's defensive. cheery's posting kinda looks like scum caught for the wrong reason and he's trying to bring other people (in this case Guyett) into the equation too.

that said Grimgroove, I feel like you reads are a little strange. I wouldn't say drunkposting = townpoints in any situation considering you can't really tell whether it's true or not. and your ETL reasoning is a little meh, just because she discarded town roleblocker, which you define as interesting, does not mean she drew a scum role rather than a more interesting town role.

i think talking about discarded roles is pretty pointless in theory. everyone has their own tastes to suit them and how they play.

CDB can you explain your ETL vote please?
His first post already gave me scumvibes.
One of the reasons are his choices of words. Trollie's logic is "kinda confusing", my reads are a "little strange". It feels too fabricated and polite.
His reasons for why my reads are strange I don't find very noteworthy.
I also so a soft-defense for ETL in his post, both through his criticism of my scumpoints for her as well as his specific request to CBD to clarify his vote on ETL.

word choice??? I'm sorry if I didn't have a strong foothold on the game. I'll make sure to remember that town are
never
polite. also I'm not sure how it feels fabricated at all.

you don't find my reasons for finding your reads strange noteworthy. how on earth does this make me scum.

again, your reasoning was weak. you said she drew a scum role because she discarded town roleblocker: I said that was weak reasoning. & asking someone to clarify a vote is not a defence of ETL either.
In post 40, Mac wrote:
In post 38, Grimgroove wrote: For Especially The Lies: What you say is true, but from the list of discarded roles, I think Town Roleblocker looks like the most interesting town-aligned role that got discarded. "Interesting" is indeed personal, but I think few will disagree. I find it interesting EspeciallyTheLies immediately starts defending this choice by claiming she (thank you for pointing that out Mac :p) doesn't know how to play that role well. I don't find this a compelling reason.
Yeah I didn't quite get the defence either. could be seen as an early scum attempt to throw people off the case but then again it could just be the truth. why would ETL defend against something she wasn't under pressure from?
Here Mac suddenly agrees with me in saying "he didn't quite get the defence" (note how again he goes for a very roundabout way of putting something in words).
"Could be", "but then again", all very fliffyfloffy and wishywoshy.
As regards to the last question: never heared of a pre-emptive defense?

I don't get it. I said your reasoning for ETLscum was weak wrt her ditching town roleblocker, and then "suddenly agreed" (like I was ever opposing you or something? I don't know) that ETL's defence was unnecessary. so fucking what?

word choice again? ok...

and finally, good point about the pre-emptive defence. I hadn't considered that.

In post 38, Grimgroove wrote:As opposed to DrDoLittle I don't find the forcedness a problem: I can see town feeling equally compelled to state a reason for not picking the roleblocker. But I just don't like the reason. There's nothing especially difficult about being a roleblocker. and even if there were, picking the role would provide one with the chance to actually learn some of the mechanics (if there are any) better.
roleblocker is a hell of an annoying role to play because it's easy to manipulate. It's not the worst role for me in the world but I find it frustrating. I discovered this fact in a micro game a month ago when I was a roleblocker and manipulated into lynching town. we lost. :( and again, it come down to a difference of opinion
I called him out on this before because the argument doesn't make sense. The reason he lost the game was because he was manipulated, not because he was a roleblocker. He did not properly explain why roleblocker is frustrating and a normal discard. Again soft-defending ETL.

I was manipulated
because
I was a roleblocker. if you can't see how I find it frustrating then I'm not sure how I can help because it's pretty obvious what I'm getting at? didn't once say it was a normal discard: misrep.

In post 91, Mac wrote:All I see from #84 is a bunch of nothing that looks like an effort at doing something.

Jason can you explain #89 please? Why does it matter if he rvs'd or voting based on discards?

I kinda like Guyett's vote; also curious as to why Jason thinks that town mason is the worst role to throw away? (Or whatever you said to that effect)
Again the word choice "kinda like". There's no ownership to what he thinks. When you "kinda like" something, it is easier to jump to "kinda dislike" that same thing with very minor arguments. He's not committed to any of his opinions.
His remark on 84 had been made before by at least two people, fluff.

ok. so I can't kinda like or kinda dislike anyone. does that mean I can't have any leaning town or leaning scum reads? because that's a similar argument you are getting at. my opinions are always committed. whether I like, kinda like, kinda dislike or dislike someone's post, it's still my opinion.

and wow, I was unaware if it was already covered by someone, I wasn't allowed to talk about it. no wait, that's not the case. You. Are. Tunnelling.

In post 94, Mac wrote:
In post 92, Grimgroove wrote:How do you feel about my vote on you?
I am untroubled by it.
Note he didn't think it was a problem here that I didn't specify any reasons. He didn't ask me for any, which I found rather strange.

why the fuck did you think I was untroubled by it. I was waiting for your reasons. And they never came.

In post 107, Mac wrote:
In post 104, Grimgroove wrote:Hello?
hello.

what is the basis for your vote on me?

p-edit. OH HEY. WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?
Finally, the question. The untroubled façade is being forsaken, and he goes for the attack, which in my eyes is little more than OMGUS.

no, you were still not explaining the vote. I asked you because you were not delivering what was expected of you. like I was expecting a case and all you said was "hello?" it's like you were waiting for approval, or someone to build a case.

In post 113, Mac wrote:
In post 105, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Hello. Not posting because WTF are you people arguing about. The discards tell us nothing. Call me when there's something real to discuss.
what do you make of Grimgroove?
Trying to rally the person he's been trying to buddy up through soft-defending in forming a case against me. Note he didn't do this himself yet. Why ask ETL's opinion specifaccly, and why about me specifically? Answers: Cashing in ojn the buddying and OMGUS.

pot. kettle. black. ETL said there's nothing to talk about: I gave her something to talk about. why you? because I wanted to know what she made of your lack-of-case to that point. sure, i could've asked anyone but ETL said there was nothing to talk about when in fact I wanted to talk about you.

haha @ omgus.

In post 119, Mac wrote:
In post 117, ChannelDelibird wrote:In that the questions you're asking only seem to pop up when you spot something that you ought to or simply can safely ask about, rather than following a pattern of actually proactively hunting for scum.

Who do you think is most likely to be scum?
well right now I think Grimgroove is voting me and letting others do the work which isn't town motivated in any way. ETL isn't doing much which is odd. Cheery could also be scum too, I didn't like his Jason vote which came across as an effort to appear like he was doing something.
Very poor reads. The thing he accuses me off he did himself, trying to let ETL do the work in forming an opinion on me.
His read on ETL is not a read. What does "odd" mean?
I agree with his remark on Cheery Dog, but again "could be" sounds much too careful.

nope, I didn't vote you and say "iso him, you'll see he's scum" without providing any proof. what the fuck do you think odd means? odd means that it's not like her to be asking for something to do; ergo she is not acting herself. You are still tunneling when you try to twist me saying something is odd into something scummy.

oh wow, shoot me. I said could be!

In post 125, Mac wrote:
In post 121, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 119, Mac wrote:well right now I think Grimgroove is voting me and letting others do the work which isn't town motivated in any way.
So why aren't you voting for him?
because I wanted to see if he'd do the work himself.

no such luck yet however
Note I wasn't here at all during this time. Channel is right to think it's odd he didn't vote me yet.

"what does odd mean?" does that make CDB scum for using the word odd? note you still had made posts between the vote on me and the case.

In post 137, Mac wrote:VOTE: GrimGroove
This only comes after repeated questions of Channel why he didn't do so.
Why did you stop wxaiting for my case until that time? Why not a day longer? Why not a day earlier?

because CDB clearly wasn't going to let up and wait for you. if he's going to question me why I'm not voting when I made it clear I was waiting for you then what else can I do?

so many p-edits. let me get to them.

your case is shit grimgroove, and you are starting to anger me

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”