Micro 193 - HD had a Greater Idea (Mafia)! [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 23, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 22, TheTrollie wrote:i dont rly care but other ppl usually do.

in the meantime i rly shouldnt be voting CDB cuz i like both a cheery dog & grimm lynch more right now, but i'm goanna keep it there cuz it's cute
If I can work out why you'd want either of those votes; why haven't you listed Guyett?

Or is it not to do with discards?
all to do with discards
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

So why didn't you list Guyett?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

VOTE: especial
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

I like town. I don't like people who say they like scum. Also I feel that you overworked the dropping of brb.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

What
Art is cool.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 26, Cheery Dog wrote:So why didn't you list Guyett?
why the fuck would he have to be scum for discarding werewolf supersaint
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

All I'm saying is that you are passively giving a reason that you discarded the roleblocker, which seems so very forced.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

UNVOTE: JasonWazza
VOTE: EspeciallyTheLies
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 30, TheTrollie wrote:
Because it has the same logic as me discarding mafia 1-shot vig as far as I'm aware.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 33, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 30, TheTrollie wrote:
Because it has the same logic as me discarding mafia 1-shot vig as far as I'm aware.
And the other one you're commenting on is town vengeful, which besides alignment can be used in the exact same way.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

The simple reason why I don't choose vengeful roles is because I don't start a game assuming I'm going to be lynched, and especially not as a town-aligned player. Vengeful town was therefore practically useless in my eyes.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Guyett iis posting drunk. Would scum risk posting here drunk, possibly scumslipping? I think not. Townpoints.
TheTrollie has taken the first step to move this game out of the fluff-realm: Town points.
Cheery Dog comes off as overly defensive: Scumpoints.
Escpecially The Lies: prefers to play as scum, so would have picked scum if he had the chance to. He discarded a town roleblocker, which sounds like an interesting town-aligned role to me. Scumpoints.

For me:
Town > Survivor > Scum > Other Individuals Besides Survivor > Cult

My favorite role is the Innocent Child. I like the feeling of being virtually untouchable.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by Mac »

oh I forgot about this game.

TheTrollie's logic is kinda confusing me and I'm struggling to follow it. that said, I can see how Grimgroove feels it's defensive. cheery's posting kinda looks like scum caught for the wrong reason and he's trying to bring other people (in this case Guyett) into the equation too.

that said Grimgroove, I feel like you reads are a little strange. I wouldn't say drunkposting = townpoints in any situation considering you can't really tell whether it's true or not. and your ETL reasoning is a little meh, just because she discarded town roleblocker, which you define as interesting, does not mean she drew a scum role rather than a more interesting town role.

i think talking about discarded roles is pretty pointless in theory. everyone has their own tastes to suit them and how they play.

CDB can you explain your ETL vote please?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I'm not sure if you can call them reads yet, I've been handing out mental points that will help me when the time is right for reads. Right now, I think it's a bit too early for those, considering the lack of material to work with.

When it comes to the drunkenness, I believe in the adagio "in vino veritas", and therefore drunk posters do earn a bit of my trust. I realize this isn't watertight reasoning: some drunks still manage to pull off a lie, and some people lie about being drunk. But those are minorities in my experience.

For Especially The Lies: What you say is true, but from the list of discarded roles, I think Town Roleblocker looks like the most interesting town-aligned role that got discarded. "Interesting" is indeed personal, but I think few will disagree. I find it interesting EspeciallyTheLies immediately starts defending this choice by claiming she (thank you for pointing that out Mac :p) doesn't know how to play that role well. I don't find this a compelling reason.

As opposed to DrDoLittle I don't find the forcedness a problem: I can see town feeling equally compelled to state a reason for not picking the roleblocker. But I just don't like the reason. There's nothing especially difficult about being a roleblocker. and even if there were, picking the role would provide one with the chance to actually learn some of the mechanics (if there are any) better.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Post by Guyett »

ChannelDelibird - kind of suspicious at the vote change to Especially without any reasoning for the change, would like to hear some as you're coming off slightly scummy.

Mac - getting a null read for the time being.

EspeciallyTheLies - Your claim that you prefer to play as scum comes off a bit odd to me and the reasons for discarding the role seems wishywashy. I feel your claim as prefering scum is a potential WIFOM set up.

TheTrollie - not sure why he is targeting the people he is and not others if he is using discards as a reason for targeting...

Cheery Dog - very defensive so far. Not sure if I like you dragging me into your defense btw and as for reasons for discarding I doubt they are the same as mine.

JasonWazza - hasn't even posted yet so null read.

DrDolittle - ever so slight town read for your reasons on Especially.

Grimgroove - Also getting a slight town read from your posts. They are logical and concise.

For reasons stated above
UNVOTE: mac
VOTE: CDB
FoS
- Especially and Cheery
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 38, Grimgroove wrote: For Especially The Lies: What you say is true, but from the list of discarded roles, I think Town Roleblocker looks like the most interesting town-aligned role that got discarded. "Interesting" is indeed personal, but I think few will disagree. I find it interesting EspeciallyTheLies immediately starts defending this choice by claiming she (thank you for pointing that out Mac :p) doesn't know how to play that role well. I don't find this a compelling reason.
Yeah I didn't quite get the defence either. could be seen as an early scum attempt to throw people off the case but then again it could just be the truth. why would ETL defend against something she wasn't under pressure from?
In post 38, Grimgroove wrote:As opposed to DrDoLittle I don't find the forcedness a problem: I can see town feeling equally compelled to state a reason for not picking the roleblocker. But I just don't like the reason. There's nothing especially difficult about being a roleblocker. and even if there were, picking the role would provide one with the chance to actually learn some of the mechanics (if there are any) better.
roleblocker is a hell of an annoying role to play because it's easy to manipulate. It's not the worst role for me in the world but I find it frustrating. I discovered this fact in a micro game a month ago when I was a roleblocker and manipulated into lynching town. we lost. :( and again, it come down to a difference of opinion
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:10 pm

It's not defending....? Did we not discard a bunch of cards and then show them to each other? I hate roleblockers/jailkeepers for exactly the reason I stated. I dont like using something i cant figure out. Its useless to me and i find it irritating. I much prefer things like watcher, tracker, cop, doc, when it comes to town roles.
Art is cool.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 39, Guyett wrote:Cheery Dog - very defensive so far. Not sure if I like you dragging me into your defense btw and as for reasons for discarding I doubt they are the same as mine.
I'm just trying to understand where Trollie is coming from in that two possible killing roles are scummy and a third is not when discarded.

I don't know what you kept, so whether it's the same or not we won't find out until endgame.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:30 am

Post by DrDolittle »

You see, my problem is not that Especial discarded the roleblocker, it is rather how she claimed that she didn't like roleblockers with a covert reference to her discard. Normally, when someone asks, "you do you prefer being town, scum, third-party or just the coolest/funniest available role?", I presume she would say "I like to play scum, or an alignment power. I find VT boring". But here, she specifically singles out roleblockers and jailkeepers when it wasn't even asked in the question. That makes me uncomfortable.

On the other hand, I don't feel that bad about both Vengeful discards, but Guyett has been just throwing out a bunch of fluff.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:45 am

Ok. I can understand that. But is it a scum tell? We discarded cards; it doesnt take a genius to know you'll want to ask people about their discards. It's part of the game. It isnt like some taboo subject that has to be danced around. It wasn't subtle or covert; I thought it was rather obvious I was referring to my discard. My bad?
Art is cool.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 am

Post by Guyett »

I don't see a problem with explaining why you discarded your other role as long as you have a fairly logical reason
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 am

UNVOTE: EspeciallyTheLies

Wanted to see what she'd do. Answer: Nothing particularly incriminating, not that it was super-scientific but felt like going with DrDolittle's attempt to find scum. Dolitte looks town, as does Cheery Dog.

VOTE: Grimgroove A bit spectatory.
#greenshirtthursdays
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:10 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 41, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:It's not defending....? Did we not discard a bunch of cards and then show them to each other? I hate roleblockers/jailkeepers for exactly the reason I stated. I dont like using something i cant figure out. Its useless to me and i find it irritating. I much prefer things like watcher, tracker, cop, doc, when it comes to town roles.

What makes the roleblocker more difficult to figure out than for instance the doc?
I still think this is a bogus reason. Yes, like you rightly said, one can expect to be asked for reasons to discard one role and not the other, and so did you and so does everyone. But I have the feeling you didn't think this true. I would very much like you to answer the question: What is it exectly that is so difficult when trying to figure out who to roleblock, and what makes this more difficult than a doctor-protection or tracking someone?

@ChannelDilibird:
1. That's not a word.
2. If it means what I think it means, it's balony.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:23 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Meh.
I think not able to play a role well is a compelling enough reason for discarding the role. I guess my main problem is providing the answer for your discard even when no one asked - though I feel that I'm beating a dead horse.

@Mac, can you elaborate why Cheery Dog seems like he is dragging people in. Is his response "I'm just trying to understand where Trollie is coming from in that two possible killing roles are scummy and a third is not when discarded." adequete?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:27 am

Ooooooh, very happy with my vote now.