Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:30 am

Post by Alduskkel »

These are my notes on this game, please read it if you enjoy watching someone slowly lose their sanity
Spoiler: Notes
Key: absta101 -> absta, Alabaska J->AJ, Bub Bidderskins->Bub, DCLXVI->DCL, Generic->Gen, Kid A->Kid A, Kingsrush->KR, levio->levio, NotThePope->NTP, Om of the Nom->Om, RadiantCowbells->RC, Smudger->Smudger, TMTOLBTWNTOF->TMT, yessiree -> yessiree

23 (DCL) - Minor RVS backpedaling by DCL. I would have expected DCL to stick to his guns instead of argue semantics over "serious" vs. "
more
serious."
24 (NTP) - Would have expected NTP to vote for DCL after calling him out. Instead shifts to RC. AJ spots this in 25.
26 (Smudger) - Inappropriate RVS vote. Really should have had something to say by then.
38-40 (Kid A, RC, Gen) - Ditto. Where's the content? Some points for wagoning though.
42 & 43 (absta) - I might be biased, but I like this pair of posts.
44 (NTP) - NTP spends an awful lot of time arguing with DCL in defense of Bub. Especially considering that NTP is voting for RC.
49 (absta) - Good point against AJ.
51 (Bub) - And Bub manages to show exactly why wagons move the day along. Also, he calls NTP town. Definite link, but that doesn't mean much while they're both still alive.
54 (NTP) - What is this hydra bullshit. One head thinks RC is town and the other thinks he's scum. Great.
58 (Smudger) - No stance taking, but I'll hold my judgment until his next post.
65 & 66 (KR & Kid A) - Thanks for the input...
79 (Om) - Case on NTP feels padded, but at the same time I can't say that NTP is very townish.
98 (levio) - So levio is annoyed that people don't think absta is scum but levio isn't even voting absta, she's voting NTP.
I guess levio's newbTown, but the .gif avatar and the run-on writing style just makes her posts annoying to read.
105 (RC) - Good post.
112 (Smudger) - I still don't know who you think is scum. Looks like absta was thinking the same thing (114).
119 (Smudger) - Trying to discredit Bub. Kind of like OMGUS, except without a vote and actually scummy.
132 (Kid A) - Bad vote on RC. Wouldn't call it scummy, though.
137 (RC) - Also a bad vote on Kid A. Should have stuck with the DCL vote.
152 (absta) - I guess this is a decent point about AJ. I'm not "feeling" AJ as scum though, but that might change depending on what I see as I catch up.
157 (AJ) - Satisfies me somewhat... still think that AJ is placing less pressure on Bub than one would expect from town. Though AJ is hardly the only one to do this.
I'm a little weary of someone with "Best Mafia Performance" under their username, though. I don't know how recent that is.
160 (Kid A) - Blunt. I kinda like it.
159-162 - People need to learn to cut down their quotes. It reduces clutter.
169 (Smudger) - It's around this time that I realize that half the players in this game will OMGUS at the drop of a hat.
176 (N) - This is some of the most scattered voting I've ever seen. With only Gen not voting anyone, 9/13 players have a vote on them, and no one has 3 or more votes. Also these jokes really are extremely shitty.
206 (DCL) - Nothing scummy, but I don't see any new scumhunting from a player who has just been sitting on a levio vote for what seems like forever.
231 & 232 (NTP, Om) - Agree with Om's analysis for the most part. Definitely think NTP is exaggerating his case on Gen massively.
242 (yessiree) - Wow, thanks for quoting Generic's posts about NTP. I can't think of a feature literally encoded into mafiascum that could have enabled me to find this information myself. This will greatly help my analysis of Generic, which is important because you didn't provide any yourself.
248 (yessiree) - You've got to be fucking kidding me. Could you be any more useless? You're not fooling me with your smilies.
233-249 and so on - Feeling better about DCL after this exchange with Om. Had a scum read on DCL, but this bumps him up to null.
251 (NTP) - Can I just say how shitty the bolded-replies-within-the-quote system of responding is? I would literally prefer a series of broken up quotes, even though that's cluttery as hell too.
NotThePope wrote:What makes those games take prominence over this one? Maybe the fact he [Generic] ALREADY KNOWS THE SCUMTEAM
Do you read what you type?
255 (N) - The real shitty jokes are the ones that people are trying to pass off as cases in this game.
260 (RC) - Well, at least this case is well-constructed for a change. But I feel like it fails to account for the fact that Kid A is a wildcard/newbTown.
278 & 279 (Smudger) - I will grant Smudger that this is a legitimate callout of DCL and RC, respectively.
295, 296, 300 (yessiree (x2), Kid A) - This game. This fucking game. Is ridiculous.

CONCLUSIONS:
This game is plagued by inactivity and players of questionable quality. The Kid A wagon sucks and is exactly the sort of wagon I would expect to come out of a game like this (i.e., let's wagon a player for bad reasons because he can't defend himself well).

List of players who have a vote on someone but aren't actually pressuring that person: Alabaska J, Kid A, Smudger, TMT.
In addition, yessiree and NTP both need to just plain get it together.

Quick list of pending questions (mostly for my benefit): Kid A needs to answer more clearly why an NTP lynch gets more info, DCL should probably followup on #207 somehow, and yessiree should actually analyze the players he is basically posting the ISOs of.

@Om and/or Generic: Convince me that NTP is scum.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:09 am

Post by Generic »

Post #223 is where my NTP case is...
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:15 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 325, Alduskkel wrote:@Om and/or Generic: Convince me that NTP is scum.
Trust my scumhunting powah and maybe we can make some magic happen.

No but seriously everything I said right when I replaced in is still pretty much valid and now that the focus isn't on NTP he's kinda just dropped his activity levels and nobody's really giving a shit so he's kinda just coasting along without pressure omg.
I literally can't explain why I just have him as a massive scumread over other people though, it's basically every single post of his incites the wrath of my gut and I literally don't go more than a single post of his without getting terribly large amounts of scumvibes that burn with the passion of a flaming heart.

Also I just want you to say that I totally see what you mean about this type of game I literally feel like a whole bunch of the players in this game aren't quite up to par yet, and while that's not a terrible thing I just feel like people are getting attacked for things they shouldn't and others are coasting when they shouldn't be at all and everyone just sounds like scum to me right now because I'm having trouble differentiating between inexperience and legitimate scumminess and gah this game is such a headache.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Alduskkel »

As awesome as a Generic-Om-Ald town voting bloc would be, I can't bring myself to vote NTP at the moment. Generic's case is too much relational tells and "I hate hydras" and Om's case is too much stretching and gut (which sound like unfortunate medical side effects).

NTP just reads too much like a disorganized hydra rather than scum.

I'll do a bit of meta research later and if I don't like what I see I'll probably vote NTP. (I'll mainly be looking for quality of scumhunting in other games.)

(I'd vote Smudger except that I actually sort of like his recent posts. Ugh.)
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

NTP is literally nothing but hydra dissonance and they keep claiming that they're discuss things in the QT but they've been blaming each other for their own scummy actions instead of explaining their motivations and it's just a massive cop out.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
NotThePope
NotThePope
Townie
NotThePope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 am

Post by NotThePope »

lol
If you think players are "sub par", then replace out
The hydra dissonance will be addressed, do not fret
- TIP
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:20 am

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.12
yessiree
( 0 )
Generic
( 1 ) TMTOLBTWNTOF
levio
( 0 )
Kid A
( 5 ) RadiantCowbells , DCLXVI , yessiree , Bub Bidderskins , NotThePope
DCLXVI
( 0 )
Bub Bidderskins
( 2 ) Alabaska J , Smudger
Alabaska J
( 0 )
NotThePope
( 3 ) Om of the Nom , Generic , Kid A
TMTOLBTWNTOF
( 0 )
Smudger
( 0 )
RadiantCowbells
( 0 )
Alduskkel
absta101
( 0 )
Om of the Nom
( 0 )

Not voting:
levio Alduskkel 

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-07-08 09:36:53)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:28 am

Post by yessiree »

lol Alduskkel I got my own scum-hunting techniques so FUCK YOU
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Kid A »

the ntp lynch was originally to test my associative read between him and alabaska j

i changed my mind since then and now its probably ntp/om/yes

seriously what are these reactions??
In post 220, NotThePope wrote:
In post 218, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 216, Kid A wrote:lynching ntp will give us the most information imo
VOTE: notthepopeVOTE:
What information would you get?
Damnit DCL, I was going to ask that.

Take a townpoint or two.
basically a shitpost with buddying thrown in
In post 224, NotThePope wrote:Yo I think someone is scum
And I'm so certain that person is scum
But I won't use my vote to try to win the game lulz

^ Generic in his prime
Alright
I've tried to be calm
Rational
And serene
So answer this right and I won't drop a fucking brick on your balls
What information will you gain?
reaction is bad because its like 2 posts later and it wasnt even like id posted something antagonizing
no need to lose your shit this badly over 1 vote
In post 281, NotThePope wrote:Yeah TMT, it was notsci.

Anyone else feel like Kid A is just setting a vote down and riding the currents?

Content with him/Generic dead today.
In post 285, NotThePope wrote:Hey, we do have a QT, and we discuss reads, but we are really dissonant
Silly NS

In post 282, Kid A wrote:content with notthepope or notthepope today
YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE FUCKING QUESTION YOU SCUMFUCK
seriously why is he so hung up on my vote??
In post 315, NotThePope wrote:I'm sorry NS, but Kid A needs a vote up his butt
VOTE: Kid A
why
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:16 am

Post by yessiree »

Kid A your scum reads suck chodes
NotThePope
NotThePope
Townie
NotThePope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:30 am

Post by NotThePope »

I'm not hung up on the vote
You can notice because I'm not attacking my other voters
I'm hung up on the fact that you say things without backing them up, and you don't answer questions, and that deserves rope
- TIP
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 334, yessiree wrote:Kid A your scum reads suck chodes
we will see yessiree
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:25 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 317, Kid A wrote:
In post 311, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Smudger is still scummy btw, but that catch by cowbells is massive. Kid A reveals that he knows that NTP is town by saying levio expects him to flip, but then he still wants to get onto the hot NTP wagon. That is such a massive scumslip. Cowbells is conf. town. Kid A is conf. scum.

Lynch him now. I will not be happy with any other lynch today.
this is the misreppiest misrep to ever misrep

a suggestion that levio could be mafia expecting ntp to flip town is miles away from "Kid A reveals that he knows that NTP is town by saying levio expects him to flip"

using words like scumslip and conf inappropriately might make you think your case looks really good but it entirely hinges on something you made up :c
I didn't make this up, I'm just sheeping cowbells here. And your futile defense make you look even more scummy.
In post 323, Smudger wrote:
In post 311, Bub Bidderskins wrote:Smudger is still scummy btw,
pray do tell as this will be interesting?
I already have said why you are scummy, and nothing that has been said has changed my reads on that.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Smudger »

I am online but reading up and welcomed Aldusskel.

Will post tomorrow as there are some interesting things I have read. Off to bed now am 4+ GMT
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 330, NotThePope wrote:The hydra dissonance will be addressed, do not fret
- TIP
How so, and by when?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 337, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Smudger is still scummy btw, but that catch by cowbells is massive. Kid A reveals that he knows that NTP is town by saying levio expects him to flip, but then he still wants to get onto the hot NTP wagon. That is such a massive scumslip. Cowbells is conf. town. Kid A is conf. scum.

a suggestion that levio could be mafia expecting ntp to flip town is miles away from "Kid A reveals that he knows that NTP is town by saying levio expects him to flip"

using words like scumslip and conf inappropriately might make you think your case looks really good but it entirely hinges on something you made up :c
I didn't make this up, I'm just sheeping cowbells here. And your futile defense make you look even more scummy.
i have posted quotes that directly contradict your case on me you lil bitch
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 191, yessiree wrote:Generic, no body does team speculations on day 1. save that shit for later
that's too blanket a statement for my liking. you should discuss anything that you think could contribute to scumhunting. however, i agree Generic was overreacting to NTP's vote
In post 199, Kid A wrote:VOTE: alabaska j
you should vote people you think are scummy, not people who are on vacation and can't defend themselves. if you even have any opinions on anyone. why don't you post your views on each player? why do you care about my views on NTP? it should be obvious i have a slight scumread on him (at least at this point) but i like bub better. why tunnel on me like this unless you are scum looking for something to latch onto so you can say you are contributing when in actuality you are coasting?
In post 201, absta101 wrote:Generic hasn't voted at all iirc. Such bs.
great observation. i'm eager to see how the rest of these pages unfold and where this leads
In post 202, Generic wrote:And I won't be voting until I see a need to. Just because you demand it doesn't make it likely to happen.
he didn't demand it, it just seemed quite irregular for you not to choose the one you felt strongest about. the game has gone far enough that not voting seems a bit queer seeing as you have scumreads on people
In post 210, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm still here!

I just haven't had much to say.
really??? why don't you start by giving us three people who you think are scummy and three you think are town
what the heck are you doing? i feel like you are playing IRC mafia and everyone else is playing forum mafia
In post 220, NotThePope wrote:
In post 218, DCLXVI wrote:
What information would you get?
Damnit DCL, I was going to ask that.

Take a townpoint or two.
that was an obvious response. how does DCL get townpoints for that exactly?

^ Generic in his prime
Alright
I've tried to be calm
Rational
And serene
remind me never to play a game with whichever head this is. great omgussy misrep on generic's case against you, btw
In post 227, NotThePope wrote:
In post 225, Generic wrote:

^ Generic in his prime
Alright
I've tried to be calm
Rational
And serene
The one with the lower iq must have the keyboard.
I wasn't going to vote until I had done the review of you. When I did, I voted. I have just responded to being asked why I voted with the case.

Your response is to mock me for not voting... Riiiight.
Pathetic, really. You have to sink down to trying to slander my other head rather than come up with any sort of refutation. Scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
and now both heads have joined in the OMGUS. why don't you refute his points instead of accusing him of slander? also any comment from this half on kid a's ridiculousness?
In post 228, Generic wrote:Thanks for continuing to justify my vote, you have no defence so you build straw men instead. Keep on digging that hole.
well put. oddly enough, i think generic is soundly winning this argument so far after being on the hot seat for a bit
In post 232, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 231, NotThePope wrote:Meanwhile, lets take a look at Generic, shall we?

First 5 posts- OMG HYDRAS CHEATING INSTA SCUMREAD OMFG GET THEM OUT

162- Nothing really, townreading people (wait, isn't it easier for scum to townhunt?)
166- Buddying and more townhunting.
The 4 posts from 172-187- Fluff posts, there to make him look like he's doing things but all in all he has done nothing.
188- Trying to force associative tells on the fact there is a wagon on him. Says that "affirms" his previous misgivings about my slot, which until that point had been expressed simply due to the fact we're a hydra.
190- I don't have time to focus on this game, when at the time he seems to have plenty of time for other games.
193- Newbie defense, strange. Doesn't seem to have played that card until he has a decent sized wagon on him.
194- More associative tells without a flip to appear scumhunting
196- Thanks captain obvious, your theory there really makes me think you're town! (Not.)
223- Wall of l0lbadcase
225- Him breaking rules
228- More fluff

Tell me folks, does that man seem town to you?
Do you know what IIoA is?

You're both acting like children, actually.
However, I'm inclined to believe Generic at this point, because when NTP was presented with an argument as to why Generic didn't vote immediately, NTP focused on the insult instead of the explanation, while claiming that his point was never refuted. He's ignoring a lot of information to try and portray Generic in a bad light.
this sums up everything on this argument i could want to say. i also agree that the naked vote on yessiree for pressure was weird for NTP. just voting someone doesn't necessarily put pressure on them; creating a case does, which ntp doesn't do. these empty pressure votes are a great way for scum to hide their vote somewhere while distancing from partners or coasting in games.

also, here yessiree conveniently forgets to quote
generic's actual case against NTP
. what a misrep!!!! red flag alert.
In post 246, DCLXVI wrote:Actually, patience is not a virtue I've often been accused of having.

vote:om

towny points to whoever figures out why ommy is being scummy

He could still talk his way to my good side I suppose, but I'm finding it unlikely.
what?? you are blowing this way out of proportion. he thinks one person is scummy and doesn't entertain your hypothetical that he and the guy he is arguing with are both town so you vote him? you are trying to stir stuff up out of nothing; definitely looks like a scum tactic to me.

also, yessiree, why are you quoting other people's cases? what are you trying to accomplish exactly?
In post 250, yessiree wrote:Also, the arguments between NTP and generic going nowhere, would two scums do something like this?
i know this isn't directed at me, but come on. of course they would.
In post 260, RadiantCowbells wrote:Nevermind. I'll just go ahead with this.

We're lynching Kid A today, not NTP.

All quotes are from the Radiohead fanboi.
In post 53, Kid A wrote:
In post 51, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 39, RadiantCowbells wrote:Let's get this day moving.

VOTE: NotThePope
And how exactly does this vote get the day moving along? Yes, bandwagons can move the day along, but not just because they exist. You simply jumped onto the bandwagon and did nothing to actually get the game moving. Furthermore, the whole bandwagon on notthepope is stupid because he's most likely town.
VOTE: Bub Bidderskins
Here, he makes an unsubstantiated vote on Bub Bidderskins after he implies that I'm scum. The manner in which he does this with no explanation to me indicates that he's defending me; like he's trying to buddy, or more loosely that he thinks I'm town. This becomes important later.
scum hydrae often wrestle with votes because they are both paranoid about being vcad and because their votes are never truly genuine

VOTE: notthepope
More voting people who vote me. Really setting up to be best buds here.

This still wouldn't be bad until later.
just gotta look at how the two heads play and respond to each other and figure out if they have town or mafia motivation

Personally I don't think it made sense for them to vote wrestle when they weren't in danger of lynching someone and I also don't like how one of them keeps townreading everyone who pushes on them
I actually can't say anything negative about this, He points out something that's genuinely scummy on his scumread.
i disagree with the people above me levio just told us they were voting the largest wagon over their scumread because ntp hasnt omgused absta

imo this is an attempt to look town because levio expects ntp to flip town and they dont want to look like they pushed a mislynch

VOTE: levio
This is where things REALLY get interesting.

Kid A's vote is on NTP because he thinks he's scum, right? Now, there's "levio expects ntp to flip town"
yeah but if we assume levio is scum being on the wagon is still beneficial to mafia and i really cant see any town motivation for voting the person who isnt your scumread

if ntp flipped mafia i would still be worried about levio voting mafia even though they think absta is the mafia, it would give me the impression that levio has more information than us
This sounds like he thinks he's onto something big.

Then he just completely lets it drop.
radiantcowbells you keep bwing people with little to no reasoning & not making your own cases, IMO you are trying to be unassuming but the lack of good content makes you stick out as scum to me
VOTE: radiantcowbells
Now he's on some other wagon agaisnt a person that he tried to buddy earlier.
someone is riled :c
Oh hey, the guy I voted because I think heis scum just voted me back.

Appropriate reactions?

a) Decide he's not scum for reasons and switch my vote.
b) Push everyone else to realize how scummy his OMGUS vote is.
c) Say "someone is riled :c"

He keeps his vote on me yet is obviously completely uninterested in pushing my lynch.
spot the difference
Again, he's not encouraging anyone to vote his scumread. He's just defending himself by comparing himself to me; something that suggests that I'm town by virtue of comparison, even though his stated position is that I'm scum and thus if we have similar ISO's, that makes us BOTH scum.
post your fucking read on him or you are being anti town
Active lurking.
doesnt this contradict the post i quoted
Interesting, and followed up with a vote. This actually looks pretty good, he finds a reason to suggest that someone is scum, then votes for them. Until...
lynching ntp will give us the most information imo
WHAT THE FUCK.

TL;DR This guy gives about as many fucks about scumhunting as Bowie does about sailors fighting in the dance hall.

VOTE: Unvote
VOTE: Kid A

(I already voted him but that makes it more dramatic)
great post. i will strongly consider voting kid a at the end of this post
In post 269, DCLXVI wrote:Let's say I have reads on two players. A & B. I think A is scum and I think B may be town or scum. Which of the following statements may more sense concerning that read?

1: A and B cannot both be town.
2. A is scum and B could be either alignment.

Option two makes the most sense, yet om opted for option 1, which does not make sense if his reads truly are what he says they are.
dcl continues to nitpick and mince words. semantics is not that important and to me a huge scumtell. right now, bub, dcl, and kid a are my biggest scumreads, with ntp in fourth
In post 272, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 270, Om of the Nom wrote:So I'm scum because I said what you didn't think I'd say?
What I said was just a roundabout way of saying option 2, so why is option 1 only something scum would say?
Would it make any sense for me to say the following? Om and TMT cannot both be town because Om is scum for sure. No, that does not make any damn sense.

Here is what I think.

You said that two players cannot both be scum. Then, if you get the chance to mislynch one of them, you can then just logically push for a mislynch of the other. However, you got called out on that statement and you didn't have a good way to defend it so you just bs'd into saying NTP must be scum for sure so that is how my statement works. While that may be technically true, it doesn't fit the normal use of that phrase (one of them must be scum, or both can't be town) and has an obvious scum use.

I'm content with lynching om.
this post is horrific. this logic doesn't even make sense. how are you drawing these conclusions about om being scum?? how does that first statement not make sense? why are you caring so much about what amounts to semantics???
In post 288, Bub Bidderskins wrote:Oh shoot, got prodded. No excuse, I'll catch up ASAP.
you have been strangely inactive so far. feels like scum lurking but that is really just my gut. at this point you are no longer my biggest scumread.
unvote

i'll vote someone at the end of this post, unless someone does something really scummy like:
In post 290, DCLXVI wrote:
vote:kid A

Votes someone cause that lynch will be the "most informative"

has refused to explain why.
VOTE: DCLXVI

way to wagon hop and completely drop the whole om thing that never made sense in the first place. can't see myself voting for kid a or anyone else after this
In post 292, yessiree wrote:VOTE: Kid A

you're being very vague when pushing the NTP wagon dude
you are coast central man. this guy could very well be scum
In post 311, Bub Bidderskins wrote: <snip>

This is huge.

Unvote; Vote: Kid A

just want to point the gregarious absolutes that Bub is posting in all of a sudden. don't see how this confirms Cowbells as town or kid a as scum. not a scum slip at all really, although i agree that the case is good against kid a. i think the vote hop is something scum would do (and thus agree with cowbells) but trying to portray it as a scumslip looks to me like a bus from Bub.
In post 312, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 293, Generic wrote:Trying to figure out this sudden kid A wagon that's formed. So far kid A has opened in RVS with a vote on NTP, then a naked vote to bub, followed by a return to NTP with what looks to be a serious vote based on indecision between the two users making up the hydra. He then criticises NTP for not explaining themselves, explains to me how to read a hydra mindset, then at post 106 changes vote to Levio based on the theory now that NTP will flip town and Levio knows this. Continues the case on Levio with decent logic, then switches to cowbell based on not much input of her own, leans on alabaska for an NTP read, goes back to cowbells to point out their OMGUS and show the difference in how each voted for people (the assumption here is that kid gives an explanation and cowbell doesn't).
From here there is an abusive outburst to alabaska to give his NTP read, moves his vote to NTP before then switching to NTP with the short reason of it giving most information.
He then in single sentence responses pushes NTP, and at one point explains he unvoted alabaska because he went v/la (dies that count as a reason?) before seemingly dodging responses to people who are pushing on him.

Summarised, there are a few concerns about his play, such as the leaving cases he built in favour of an NTP push which has very little case from him or indeed an explanation, and also the leaving of the alabaska vote I don't fully understand the reasoning given.
But beyond that he has been applying pressure and the vote changing up until NTP has always had a strong logic attached to why.

Is the wagon building solely to force him to stop dodging questions or have I missed something more damning on him? Currently im not seeing anything worthy of the speed those votes came in at.
Your defense of Kid A has been noted.
nothing wrong with being objective, bub. it is good to play mafia with an open mind and not think in absolutely. everyone who defends people you vote for is not instantly scum,
especially
when it is done so objectively as generic did it. i'm getting the feeling bub and dcl might be working together to bus Kid A here.

wow a quality post from kid a!! i agree with everything said here

i'm sticking with my DCL vote here. we need more people on this. the Om business was really funky. i really like Aldusskel's analysis too; good to have a quality player replacing in. i don't know why people don't think i was pressuring bub, he's been lurking and not really responding to me and in addition no one else is voting him so the pressure has been hard to apply by myself. i like DCL as scum better now, and while i agree with Aldusskel that Kid A's play could be because he is a bad player, and that the wagon on him contains scum, i think it looks more like a bus personally. Also, ald I got that award in 2012 when i briefly came back to the site to play like two games before school prevented me from really rejoining. it was for arrested development mafia, in which i did not play as large a role as the award might indicate due to being v/la for part of endgame.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Alabaska J »

sorry i was going to clip down some of those quotes but hit submit by accident. please don't be intimidated by the wall
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:23 am

Post by Kid A »

i still would really like an explained read on ntp please
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:38 am

Post by yessiree »

NTP tries to be funny in his posts, but he tries too hard, so whenever he tries it comes out as overly aggressive and just plain fucking awkward
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Kid A »

anyone got an ice pack
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Generic »

In post 328, Alduskkel wrote:As awesome as a Generic-Om-Ald town voting bloc would be, I can't bring myself to vote NTP at the moment. Generic's case is too much relational tells and "I hate hydras" and Om's case is too much stretching and gut (which sound like unfortunate medical side effects).

I'll do a bit of meta research later and if I don't like what I see I'll probably vote NTP. (I'll mainly be looking for quality of scumhunting in other games.)

Do you know me from elsewhere? It's the first time someone had included me in a list with AWESOME attached and it makes me wonder if you know my mafia history.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 343, Kid A wrote:i still would really like an explained read on ntp please
what more do you want? i'll reiterate: i have a slight scum read on him, especially after his recent interaction with generic, but the hydra makes things difficult to analyze. you think we are scumbuddies or something yes? is this still because i voted bub instead of him early on when i had scumreads on both of them? would you have hounded me about bub instead of ntp in lieu of actual contribution had i voted the other? i don't know why you are still going on about this. i highly doubt he will be lynched to day anyway; looks like people want you and i've moved on to supporting DCLXVI for the block (look at his interaction with Om of the Nom and tell me that isn't scum trying to manufacture a case away from the action so as to avoid being on a wagon or avoid joining a wagon on a scumbuddy) so i don't see its relevance. i'd rather not waste time doing an iso on someone who is my fourth (maybe fifth because of yessiree's contentless tripe that makes it look like he's trying his damnedest to fly under the radar and the fact that one of the heads is OMGUSsy and hard to read) scumread right now.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 346, Generic wrote:
In post 328, Alduskkel wrote:As awesome as a Generic-Om-Ald town voting bloc would be, I can't bring myself to vote NTP at the moment. Generic's case is too much relational tells and "I hate hydras" and Om's case is too much stretching and gut (which sound like unfortunate medical side effects).

Do you know me from elsewhere? It's the first time someone had included me in a list with AWESOME attached and it makes me wonder if you know my mafia history.
you said you played on MTGS right?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Alduskkel »

@Generic: I don't know you from anywhere, I just think you and Om are town and have your heads screwed on reasonably straight.

@Alabaska: DCL's case on Om was really bad. But why is it scummy? Om doesn't strike me as a good target for scum DCL.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”