Micro 193 - HD had a Greater Idea (Mafia)! [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

Votecount
Votecount 1.5

(2)
Mac
- Grimgroove, ChannelDelibird
(2)
Grimgroove
-
(ChannelDelibird,)
TheTrollie, Mac
(1)
JasonWazza
- EspeciallyTheLies
(1)
ChannelDelibird
- JasonWazza
(1)
Guyett
- DrDolittle
(1)
Cheery Dog
- Guyett
(1)
TheTrollie
- Cheery Dog

(0)
Not voting
-
(Mac)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline is July 6, 2013 at 8:05 AM EDT. Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2013-07-06 08:05:00)
Are you ready for this?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 148, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 145, Grimgroove wrote:I have been very lazy in this game and I apologize. Got very involved in other ongoing games. Tomorrow I will focus primarily on this game, and deliver the long-awaited case on Mac! Have to finish one wall in another game and then off to bed, so see you later.
It's pretty evident that his post sucks real bad.
That's what I thought to, but I have been asked to clarify.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

*messed up the quotes, reported the previous one for deletion:

I'll start with this. It's been long overdue.
In post 37, Mac wrote:oh I forgot about this game.

TheTrollie's logic is kinda confusing me and I'm struggling to follow it. that said, I can see how Grimgroove feels it's defensive. cheery's posting kinda looks like scum caught for the wrong reason and he's trying to bring other people (in this case Guyett) into the equation too.

that said Grimgroove, I feel like you reads are a little strange. I wouldn't say drunkposting = townpoints in any situation considering you can't really tell whether it's true or not. and your ETL reasoning is a little meh, just because she discarded town roleblocker, which you define as interesting, does not mean she drew a scum role rather than a more interesting town role.

i think talking about discarded roles is pretty pointless in theory. everyone has their own tastes to suit them and how they play.

CDB can you explain your ETL vote please?
His first post already gave me scumvibes.
One of the reasons are his choices of words. Trollie's logic is "kinda confusing", my reads are a "little strange". It feels too fabricated and polite.
His reasons for why my reads are strange I don't find very noteworthy.
I also so a soft-defense for ETL in his post, both through his criticism of my scumpoints for her as well as his specific request to CBD to clarify his vote on ETL.
In post 40, Mac wrote:
In post 38, Grimgroove wrote: For Especially The Lies: What you say is true, but from the list of discarded roles, I think Town Roleblocker looks like the most interesting town-aligned role that got discarded. "Interesting" is indeed personal, but I think few will disagree. I find it interesting EspeciallyTheLies immediately starts defending this choice by claiming she (thank you for pointing that out Mac :p) doesn't know how to play that role well. I don't find this a compelling reason.
Yeah I didn't quite get the defence either. could be seen as an early scum attempt to throw people off the case but then again it could just be the truth. why would ETL defend against something she wasn't under pressure from?
Here Mac suddenly agrees with me in saying "he didn't quite get the defence" (note how again he goes for a very roundabout way of putting something in words).
"Could be", "but then again", all very fliffyfloffy and wishywoshy.
As regards to the last question: never heared of a pre-emptive defense?
In post 38, Grimgroove wrote:As opposed to DrDoLittle I don't find the forcedness a problem: I can see town feeling equally compelled to state a reason for not picking the roleblocker. But I just don't like the reason. There's nothing especially difficult about being a roleblocker. and even if there were, picking the role would provide one with the chance to actually learn some of the mechanics (if there are any) better.
roleblocker is a hell of an annoying role to play because it's easy to manipulate. It's not the worst role for me in the world but I find it frustrating. I discovered this fact in a micro game a month ago when I was a roleblocker and manipulated into lynching town. we lost. :( and again, it come down to a difference of opinion
I called him out on this before because the argument doesn't make sense. The reason he lost the game was because he was manipulated, not because he was a roleblocker. He did not properly explain why roleblocker is frustrating and a normal discard. Again soft-defending ETL.
In post 91, Mac wrote:All I see from #84 is a bunch of nothing that looks like an effort at doing something.

Jason can you explain #89 please? Why does it matter if he rvs'd or voting based on discards?

I kinda like Guyett's vote; also curious as to why Jason thinks that town mason is the worst role to throw away? (Or whatever you said to that effect)
Again the word choice "kinda like". There's no ownership to what he thinks. When you "kinda like" something, it is easier to jump to "kinda dislike" that same thing with very minor arguments. He's not committed to any of his opinions.
His remark on 84 had been made before by at least two people, fluff.
In post 94, Mac wrote:
In post 92, Grimgroove wrote:How do you feel about my vote on you?
I am untroubled by it.
Note he didn't think it was a problem here that I didn't specify any reasons. He didn't ask me for any, which I found rather strange.
In post 107, Mac wrote:
In post 104, Grimgroove wrote:Hello?
hello.

what is the basis for your vote on me?

p-edit. OH HEY. WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?
Finally, the question. The untroubled façade is being forsaken, and he goes for the attack, which in my eyes is little more than OMGUS.
In post 113, Mac wrote:
In post 105, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Hello. Not posting because WTF are you people arguing about. The discards tell us nothing. Call me when there's something real to discuss.
what do you make of Grimgroove?
Trying to rally the person he's been trying to buddy up through soft-defending in forming a case against me. Note he didn't do this himself yet. Why ask ETL's opinion specifaccly, and why about me specifically? Answers: Cashing in ojn the buddying and OMGUS.
In post 119, Mac wrote:
In post 117, ChannelDelibird wrote:In that the questions you're asking only seem to pop up when you spot something that you ought to or simply can safely ask about, rather than following a pattern of actually proactively hunting for scum.

Who do you think is most likely to be scum?
well right now I think Grimgroove is voting me and letting others do the work which isn't town motivated in any way. ETL isn't doing much which is odd. Cheery could also be scum too, I didn't like his Jason vote which came across as an effort to appear like he was doing something.
Very poor reads. The thing he accuses me off he did himself, trying to let ETL do the work in forming an opinion on me.
His read on ETL is not a read. What does "odd" mean?
I agree with his remark on Cheery Dog, but again "could be" sounds much too careful.
In post 125, Mac wrote:
In post 121, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 119, Mac wrote:well right now I think Grimgroove is voting me and letting others do the work which isn't town motivated in any way.
So why aren't you voting for him?
because I wanted to see if he'd do the work himself.

no such luck yet however
Note I wasn't here at all during this time. Channel is right to think it's odd he didn't vote me yet.
In post 137, Mac wrote:VOTE: GrimGroove
This only comes after repeated questions of Channel why he didn't do so.
Why did you stop wxaiting for my case until that time? Why not a day longer? Why not a day earlier?

@Channel: you still didn't explain what is so spectatory about muy earlier posts. Please do so.
@Trollie: I meta'd you, and as a moderator you seem to post more coherently. Is this an act you are pulling here with this broken english and all? Also clarify your scumread on me.
@Guyett: I read your case on me, and to be honest I don't see the jump between what you put forward and you thinking I lean scum, apart from my unexplained vote on Mac. It was partially a reaction test, but I admit that it taking so long to actually give the case was also simple laziness and not really being in this game. But laziness isn't necessarily scummy.

Mod Note
Badly formatted version of this post deleted. ~HD
Last edited by Human Destroyer on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:51 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Grimgroove, the subject of you looking like a spectator earlier is:
1) Not a subject on which either of us can change the other's mind
2) Not currently relevant as both of us would rather lynch Mac first

So I shall not be going into any further detail.
#greenshirtthursdays
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

As I find 1) an unsatisfactory reason I'll be sure to remind you of this as soon as 2) is no longer an issue.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:27 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Let's get a prod on Jason soon.

Meanwhile, VOTE: Mac.

Mod Response
He's not due for a prod yet. ~HD
Last edited by Human Destroyer on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 138, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Hi hi sorry, I was busy last night and fell asleep. I have to work a few hours today but I PROMISE I'll give this game some attention afterwards. Expect me around 4 pm EST (gmt -5)
Also this. You promise breaker.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:37 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

@mod: i need v/la for a few days. I working overtime to finish before the holiday.

I'm sorry everyone. I've been really busy. I will catch up and post soon.

Mod Response
Could you give me a more specific time frame on that? ~HD
Art is cool.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:50 am

Post by TheTrollie »

they. r. both. obv. scum.
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 am

In post 157, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
@mod: i need v/la for a few days. I working overtime to finish before the holiday.

I'm sorry everyone. I've been really busy. I will catch up and post soon.

Mod Response
Could you give me a more specific time frame on that? ~HD
Wednesday. Thanks.
Art is cool.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 158, TheTrollie wrote:they. r. both. obv. scum.
Grim and Mac?
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:44 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 160, Guyett wrote:
In post 158, TheTrollie wrote:they. r. both. obv. scum.
Grim and Mac?
yep

Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Guyett »

I have ISO'd grim already, I'll have a look at Mac in a bit... just watching a film
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 am

Trollie, join me on Mac. We'll lynch Grimgroove tomorrow.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 am

Also,
MOD:
Can we have a prod on JasonWazza please?
#greenshirtthursdays
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Guyett »

@Grim I'm not particularly fond of people voting without giving reason, to me it looks like you can't think of a good enough reason yet and you're taking a lazy easy option.

however I like your readings on Mac in post 152
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Guyett »

Spoiler: mac
post 37

Did you forget or were you lurking? a lot of your following posts are examples of active lurking...
Also there is very little definitive choices or feelings here... instead there is a lot of wishywashy feelings.
looking at discards is not completely pointless imo, you can look at their meta to see what kind of play style they prefer.

post 40
roleblocker is a hell of an annoying role to play because it's easy to manipulate. It's not the worst role for me in the world but I find it frustrating. I discovered this fact in a micro game a month ago when I was a roleblocker and manipulated into lynching town. we lost. :( and again, it come down to a difference of opinion
don't see how bringing up examples of your history is relevant to how others play?!?
Also you could have been a VT and you could have been manipulated into lynching a townie... RB has little to do with this. More fluff

post 91
All I see from #84 is a bunch of nothing that looks like an effort at doing something.
the irony...

I kinda like Guyett's vote
then why not vote for CDog? more hedging and fluff

post 94
I am untroubled by it.
so untroubled that you post a delayed OMGUS vote for grim without a reason? Bonus scum points here

Mac is the scummiest person for me at the minute

ok so to clarify on my readings so far I think I have
CDog as scummy
DrD as light town
CDB as null
Grim as light scum
Mac as scum

Therefore
UNVOTE: Cheery Dog
FOS: Cheery Dog
VOTE: Mac
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

INTENT TO HAMMER BITCHEz

claim mac-dog

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Mod Note
JasonWazza is being prodded.
Are you ready for this?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I promise to catch up and post here tonight
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Let's not lynch mac please? I've played with him several times and this is typical of his style (as either alignment). I have not gotten any scummy vibes from him thus far. I will take a closer look at his ISO and tell you what I think based on what I know of his meta, but in the meantime this seems a hasty and forced lynch.

the speed with which this wagon formed is rather alarming and I'd be willing to bet there's more than one scum on it. Something to consider.
Art is cool.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 165, Guyett wrote:@Grim I'm not particularly fond of people voting without giving reason, to me it looks like you can't think of a good enough reason yet and you're taking a lazy easy option.

however I like your readings on Mac in post 152
I think my reads prove that I had reasons all along.
Do you think I'd take the risk simply calling someone scum wityhout having any reasons for it? I could have gone for the "argument" that I was reaction testing, but I shot down that possibility myself by actively rooting for his lynch. I had reasons from the very start, but simply chose not to give them yet. Partially out of laziness. But lazy doesn't make me scum.

I've only got two town-reads so far, two leaning scum, one scum, the rest is null.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:16 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I'm inclined to listen to ETL about this one... I quickly looked at Mac's posts in other games, and it aligns with the curt one-liners shown here. However, I did not give it a very detailed look on whether he is as inefficient here as in other games, and since ETL has played a few games with Mac, I'm willing to wait for her to finish before letting Mac claim.
UNVOTE:
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:25 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Regardless of the claim, I'm also very interested in what Mac has to say for himself, before ETL does it for him.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 am

bump
Are you ready for this?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”