omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:12 am

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

Jack wrote:Ectomancer's explanation makes sense now
its posts like this that make me suspect you so strongly jack.

honestly, there is no way that it happened as ecto said in that post, he simply didnt put that much thought in to it. this doesnt say he is scummy, he could easily be a protown just trying to get you off his back because its good for the town....

i find this even more suss that you post this just after ive stated that i think the you v ecto argument is a scum v town one
i swear im not mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Jack »

scotmany started his first post (in a while) by first accusing me, suggesting i was scummy, and then the second half of his post says he agrees with what i said and follows my accusation. that makes no sense, a scum player faking it would not risk such a thing. to me it sounds like a protown player just rapid posting his current thoughts. therefore i have a protown tell on him
This is rather wifom. But I do agree he sounds pro-townish. He only has 4 posts but they are thinking posts.

None of shamrocks posts give indications of him looking for scum.

Hemisphere dancer, 2 posts, no trying to find scum. I don't know why she says she doesn't want to claim not-scum, seems a weird think to say.

Kenji, 2 posts, very poor strategy suggestions.

Riverwind, I think is less suspicious than the other lurkers, simply because he is not trying to hide the fact that he is adding nothing.

That "sort by who's posted feature" sure is useful :)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Jack »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:
Jack wrote:Ectomancer's explanation makes sense now
its posts like this that make me suspect you so strongly jack.

honestly, there is no way that it happened as ecto said in that post, he simply didnt put that much thought in to it. this doesnt say he is scummy, he could easily be a protown just trying to get you off his back because its good for the town....

i find this even more suss that you post this just after ive stated that i think the you v ecto argument is a scum v town one
I don't pay attention to what you think would be scummy when I vote or unvote.

I think he explained himself quite well. The fact that he would put her out in front was a bonus
in addition
to voting her because her plan was scummy. He was voting her to create a front runner, but she was also suspicious.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:05 am

Post by pablito »

Just want to point out that I indicate I was willing to move to Adele and then Jack actually
does
it and then later omg puts the lynching vote on Adele.

I'm not going to vote Adele at the moment. I do think she's still scummiest, but still not enough to warrant to put her at a two-vote differential. I'd at least like her to respond, because her last post was admitting it was short.

If omg wants to vote trade at the moment, I'd be willing. He doesn't want ecto to be the top vote getter, so I'd be willing to put Adele at three votes, and then omg can move his vote to riverwind. Or I could vote riverwind as proxy or something.

Or I should actually just vote Adele if I want.

Or I could just wait as I said I would. I think I'll do that.
Sup, later.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Yamahako »

Adele and Kenji are on my vote list, Bad ideas for town = a vote from me. But adele has enough votes on her right now, so I'm not switching. I think its a good idea to keep the vote moveable in case something happens that makes people want to change quickly if the deadline quickly shows up.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Kenji »

Yamahako:
"Random voting is more likely to get us scum than a townie at this stage"
No, it really wont. Town outnumber the scum, random means random. With more town than scum it is more likely our random votes will fall on them, thereby making it more likely random voting would lynch a townie.

Patrick re post 84:
That information this early in the game screams scum to me. I've seen it before, if I'm not to use past experience when playing mafia to find scum what should I use?

Pablito re post 99:
Nice scaremongering... "Quick people, make rushed descisions! It's your only hope!"

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who's not scum buddies with Yakahoma as no one has brought up his crap logic yet...
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:44 am

Post by pablito »

Kenji wrote: Pablito re post 99:
Nice scaremongering... "Quick people, make rushed descisions! It's your only hope!"
Yes I am. And Yes I stand by that post and whatever interpretation you choose to put on it. The game created that scare, I'm just pointing it out in case people don't realize it yet. Call it exaggerating the mechanics of the game if you will, but it is something. I think that we won't realize how important it is until the first deadline falls.

I do agree with Kenji's assessment of patrick in 84 though. I mean, to borrow omg's earlier argument against Jack, I just don't get how Patrick could defend me so early at that point. I mean, yeah, Patrick and I have a history, but it was a bit premature to pull out the card that Patrick did. It's like he went off chasing the boyband along with the redheads. Nonetheless, Patrick does look very pro-town aside from that. But 84 did perk my ears when I initially saw it.

I agree with omg's assessment on scotmany. I did think it was a pro-town tell on him.

However, I cannot agree with omg's vote to Adele. It just seems that omg is doing a lot of work to ensure that he protects someone whose 'recent post just rings true". At the point when omg switched votes to riverwind to Adele, there was a three way tie between Adele, Ecto and riverwind. If I'm right, then if the deadline were to fall at that point, then the mod would randomly choose betwen the three. There would've been only a 1/3 chance of Ecto being chosen. Furthermore, there would been a 1/3 chance of omg getting his #1 suspect lynched and a 1/3 chance of his #3 suspect lynched. I did not see the benefit of moving the vote. But maybe I'm biased because I still don't see what you guys are seeing in Ecto's post. Therefore
FOS: omg
for that stuff. Plus I don't know if I can just chalk up omg's behavior up to difference of personality and playstyle anymore. That survivor stuff is really alarming. And while it probably is personality, it could be a great mask for future behavior if he really is scum. I would definitely want to look at omg later if he's been vote-switching to protect a partner of his.

I mean, it was a nice post and all, but it's not really addressing any of my or anybody's for that matter argument against him. It was more of a "kick his toes in the dirt, woe is me, take pity on me" type of message. I don't see Ecto directly addressing the inconsistencies that Jack put out. Maybe you guys are reading something else, and I'm not. Maybe I'm alone in that, but I still doubt Ecto. I think Adele's probably scummier at the moment, but I doubt Ecto.
Sup, later.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Patrick »

pablito wrote:I do agree with Kenji's assessment of patrick in 84 though. I mean, to borrow omg's earlier argument against Jack, I just don't get how Patrick could defend me so early at that point. I mean, yeah, Patrick and I have a history, but it was a bit premature to pull out the card that Patrick did. It's like he went off chasing the boyband along with the redheads. Nonetheless, Patrick does look very pro-town aside from that. But 84 did perk my ears when I initially saw it.
Well pretty much because he voted you for a crap reason. Your post was good, it served a useful purpose which was to get discussion going. I think you would be less likely to make that post as scum, which is why I marked you as more pro town than average. Fairly simple reasoning really. I didn't see why kenji would immediately read a scummy motive into it. I find it strange that you critisise me for thinking you're pro town, while simultaneously calling me very pro town.

I'll comment on the rest after dinner. I'll probably do a brief thing on each player.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Pink Princess »

Official Vote Count

Adele - 3 (Ectomancer, Jack, omg_i'm_innocent_wtf)
Ectomancer - 2 (Patrick, Pablito)
Riverwind - 1 (scotmany12)
Pablito - 1 (Kenji)
Kenji - 1 (Yamahoko)
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:10 am

Post by pablito »

Language Patrick. I just said that you appear very pro-town. It just so happens that I do think you're pro-town, but you haven't made a scummy argument yet. So that's where that assessment of you comes from.

Then in 84
Patrick wrote:So if pablito does something that appears pro town, and is generally considered pro town, then why can't he just be pro town?
I don't get where you pulled out the generally considered pro-town part and why you put "appears pro town" into "being pro town". I always consider the two separate but not mutually exclusive descriptors. I mean isn't the "too townie" argument separating the two? That a person can be actually scum scum scum and dirt of the earth but appears to be extremely pro-town? Wasn't that Stoofer in Nightless in a way (I didn't read the game but heard of the record).

But I do agree that Kenji voted me for a crap reason and that your defense was reasonable. I guess I mis-stated myself earlier. I didn't emphasize as much "level of certainty" above. It's not that you defended me, but the extent and language you used that was alarming.
Sup, later.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:22 am

Jack wrote:Riverwind, I think is less suspicious than the other lurkers, simply because he is not trying to hide the fact that he is adding nothing.
o rly?

wow i want one of you dead today so bad now.... =/
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:30 am

There would've been only a 1/3 chance of Ecto being chosen.
1st - and why would i want someone i suspect of being pro-town to be lynched? even if only a 3rd?

2nd - its wrong anyway. unless the day ends at that precise moment, any of the other players, in particular the other 2 with 2 votes on them can just easily switch over to ecto and bang ecto is in the lead. i dont think you thought this through at all....
Plus I don't know if I can just chalk up omg's behavior up to difference of personality and playstyle anymore. That survivor stuff is really alarming. And while it probably is personality, it could be a great mask for future behavior if he really is scum.
just go read bogre mafia, where i was vanilla villager. its how i am. i will always care more about my own survival than anything else in the game because knowing that i am villager is the only FACT i can ever be 100% on. if you disagree with that its not really my problem but go read my other games and you will see that at least it is true.
If omg wants to vote trade at the moment, I'd be willing.
given jacks recent support post for riverwind, im willing to trade... just on the offchance that it leads to riverwind dying today.

unvote, vote riverwind
i swear im not mafia
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Patrick »

Right pablito. I suppose I see what you're saying, though I think you read into to it too much. If it helps I didn't mean that you are pro town without a doubt.

Some of my assessment of Adele will rely on her next post. Right now I could see her as a lynching candidate.

Unlike some ppl, I'm having trouble judging the low contributors. I don't really see why some ppl get a pro town vibe from kenji. I don't think any of the logic he used makes sense. Not that he's scum for it either, but I don't see why he looks pro town. Scotmany I can't really judge either way. Riverwind has only made 2 posts, one funny thing I noticed was that in his first post he said he's good at being hyper, and in his second post he said "Back off guys, I have a life". And hemisphere dancer hasn't really posted any content yet either.

Yama's post 108 is noted in passing if Ecto turns out to be scum. Something in the way he said it seemed slightly weird, "I'm not defending him". Nitpicky I know.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Kenji »

"I do agree that Kenji voted me for a crap reason" - pablito

As I posted but you ignored, I've seen scum do the same as you on more than one occasion. If I can't use past experience to play Mafia games, then what can I use?

And still, no one comments on Yamahoka's crap logic/maths
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Hemisphere Dancer »

Jack wrote: Hemisphere dancer, 2 posts, no trying to find scum. I don't know why she says she doesn't want to claim not-scum, seems a weird think to say.
Mm, not quite so weird when you consider that I wasn't in danger of being lynched nor was I a target of any suspicion. It was what, page... 3 or so? Kinda early for a claim. Besides, claiming vanilla would give the scum a confirmed vanilla, and claiming a pro-town powerole would make me a target for both a lynch and a nightkill if the lynch didn't go though. And claiming scum is just stupid.

I only actually brought it up so I wouldn't be avoiding the fact that I was called lurking scum. :) Even though I knew it was in jest.

I'm also not really saying much because I'm watching and seeing how things play out. But if you want some input from me...

omg, honestly, stands out as scummy to me, if only for his "me first" philosophy. Unless we get a cop confirm on his innocence- and I doubt the cop would claim for THAT- then we have no way of telling if he honestly IS 100% town like he claims. And a from-the-start townie claim is suspicious. Jumping the gun, pretty much.

I don't know about the odds behind it, but I like Adele's idea. That way the people we find most suspicious have a better chance of getting lynched, even if it random after that.

....I just realized it took me upwards of 30 minutes between starting this post and finishing it. xD
Shameless fangirl and full-blooded Parrothead (in training)

~Call me Kitty. It's better than Bob.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Ectomancer »

It seems I was able to relay my thought process in a more coherent manner, but events since then have me wondering about motivations.
I can understand omg's reasoning for putting a vote on Adele. Jack I dont quite understand, unless he was still always suspicious of Adele and was finally convinced his original hunch was correct.
@Pablito What was this about? Vote trading? I dont understand why you are trying to make a deal of some kind with omg. I get this vibe from you that you are content if any of the 3 front runners gets lynched, doesnt matter to you which one. It makes me wonder if Im sitting here on the line with 2 other townies with scum chuckling into their sleeves over it.
If omg wants to vote trade at the moment, I'd be willing. He doesn't want ecto to be the top vote getter, so I'd be willing to put Adele at three votes, and then omg can move his vote to riverwind. Or I could vote riverwind as proxy or something.

Or I should actually just vote Adele if I want.

Or I could just wait as I said I would. I think I'll do that.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Yamahako »

Kenji wrote:Yamahako:
"Random voting is more likely to get us scum than a townie at this stage"
No, it really wont. Town outnumber the scum, random means random. With more town than scum it is more likely our random votes will fall on them, thereby making it more likely random voting would lynch a townie.
Don't quote out of context - Random voting is more likely to get us a scum than a townie (compared to Adeles plan which Scum can more easily manipulate). And EITHER plan is better than the no lynch you advocated! (which has zero chance to get us a scum - and a townie will die tonight).

I'll read the rest and comment in a second - I just wanted to clarify this - makes me really like where my vote is still. Misrepresenting what I said and implying I'm scum, OMGUS much?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Kenji was indeed taking your comments out of context. However, it looks more like sloppy work than a deliberate misrepresentation. That said, I still think some of your argument against Kenji has merit.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Yamahako »

I wrote:Unvote, Vote Kenji. No Lynch? Seriously? In no way would no lynch help this situation out. Random voting is more likely to get us scum than a townie at this stage - no lynch guarantees us losing a townie. Maybe later in the game no lynch is a prudent move when you have protected investigation roles - but day one? no. At least the other plan had a chance of grabbing scum.

The real reason that plan isn't as good is because if we have 2 or 3 people sitting at an identical number of votes (as will tend to happen with the mafia) then someone will die - but no one will be accountable. Watching someone jump ship at the end gives you information - having everyone hold fast to their vote - but it meaning nothing since there is no hammer and a random person out of a select set being the one to die gives out little information to glean for clues as to who is the mafiate.

Discuss, consensus, and vote would be the most logical course of action - we should use FOS to show who we would be willing to vote for (like say a list of suspicion) and get rid of the person highest on our lists. Since this game moves fast - if we have enough people giving analysis and people clearly stating their suspicions then we have something to hold people too.
In response to:
Kenji wrote:unvote, vote pablito for that mass of text on page 2, it screamed "I'm being helpful, don't lynch me" to me... aka a scum tell.

Also, where did I say I couldn't keep pace with a fast game? I can spam it up with the rest of you.

Adele, your plan is rubbish. If we are going to keep votes on anything let's make it No lynch, we don't want accidents happening. If you don't someone lynched put your vote on no lynch basically.
I didn't say that the random vote favored grabbing scum mathmatically - all I said was that random voting is more likely to get a scum (than no lynch, or adele's plan).

You're my number 1 right now, Kenji.
Riverwind23
Riverwind23
Goon
Riverwind23
Goon
Goon
Location: Yeah it was a tragedy! Could you repeat the question?

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Riverwind23 »

Patrick wrote:Riverwind has only made 2 posts, one funny thing I noticed was that in his first post he said he's good at being hyper, and in his second post he said "Back off guys, I have a life".
1.)sarcasm
2.)indeed i do have a life

vote:omg

" wow i want one of you dead today so bad now.... =/"
How nice.

He really seems intent on getting me killed. unfourtunatly, other than not posting a thousand times, i don't see how i could be considered scummy at all. i am rather new at this so i can't see all these little chinks in the armor as you guys do, but i can clearly see that all omg wants to do is lynch someone. while i realise that, yes, we do need a lynch, we need a more educated lynch than just an inactive (in your view) player.

of course if i do get lynched omg's triad ownage thingee will be very messed up :)

I haven't been contributing much because to be honest i have been a bit overwhelmed.
never survied a game! weee :P
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 am

Post by pablito »

unvote, vote: Adele
the vote trading is because I didn't want to put Adele at 4 (while her next competitor was only at 2), but omg was only voting Adele to protect Ectomancer. I'll explain more in my next post as well.
Sup, later.
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Pink Princess »

Official Vote Count

Adele: 3 (
Ectomancer, Jack, pablito
)
Riverwind: 2 (
scotmany, omg_i'm_innocent_wtf
)
Ectomancer: 1 (
Patrick
)
pablito: 1 (
Kenji
)
Kenji: 1 (
Yamahoko
)
omg_i'm_innocent_wtf: 1 (
Riverwind
)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

scotmany12 wrote:I really was about to vote omg, just because I think he only has his well being in mind. Maybe its just a gut feeling, but I'm don't entirely trust him at this point.
So,
FoS: omg

However, I do agree with omg with Riverwind. He has made only one vote, and that was for Pablito. After that, he just seemed to fade away. I don't trust him either.
Vote: Riverwind
I was trying to figure out why Riverwind had a 2nd vote and ended up going back 3 pages to find this as the last input from Scotmany12 that I could find.
I'd like to hear from Scot, either explaining whether he still feels the same and why, or I'd like to see an unvote. Depending upon when the day ends, a 2 vote could easily put someone in a tie when the lynch happens.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I still feel the same way about Riverwind. I just get a gut feeling that he iis scum. His vote for Pablito scared me, and he says he was hyper. Then he says hes has a life and can't be that active. To me, it looks like he is making up an exscuse to save himself. I think that he is panicking for having votes being put on him, and I don't like that one bit.

Also, omg, I am going to propose a hypothetical situation to you since you say that your survival is more important than anything else. Alright, you and another person are tied for a vote. You have yet voted, and the other person is a doctor. You, somehow, know for well that he is a doctor. Would you vote for him to svae yourself and risk a doctor being killed?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by pablito »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote: 1st - and why would i want someone i suspect of being pro-town to be lynched? even if only a 3rd?

2nd - its wrong anyway. unless the day ends at that precise moment, any of the other players, in particular the other 2 with 2 votes on them can just easily switch over to ecto and bang ecto is in the lead. i dont think you thought this through at all....

just go read bogre mafia, where i was vanilla villager. its how i am. i will always care more about my own survival than anything else in the game because knowing that i am villager is the only FACT i can ever be 100% on. if you disagree with that its not really my problem but go read my other games and you will see that at least it is true.

given jacks recent support post for riverwind, im willing to trade... just on the offchance that it leads to riverwind dying today.
1 - So before Ectomancer was just someone whose "recent post just rings true" and now you heavily suspect him of being pro-town? That's why I didn't get it. And then you vote for Adele to help protect Ectomancer?

2 - true, but i was aware of that possibility. If you hadn't noticed, I still find Ecto to be suspicious, I just find Adele to be the most suspicious right now and she needs more pressure than Ecto does. So I'd actually be pleased if Ecto gets lynched. Also, we never know when the day ends. We gotta take every moment like the last.

3 - No I won't read that game. I'll take your word that you put your own survival over the game's survival. I'll make sure to note that if you ever get lots of votes.

4 - We traded votes, it's a done deal. I wanted my vote on Adele and you wanted yours on riverwind. All good. Actually, riverwind's OMGUS is kinda suspicious, but I still don't see what the original case was on him.
Sup, later.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”