Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

I'm here just reading the 19 pages. My third game taking my time trying to take advantage of all the content and interactions between players hoping to find a consistent scum partnership. Don't plan on readng previous game treating this as a new game and never used meta as a tell. Hi all!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 475, Core_H86 wrote:I'm here just reading the 19 pages. My third game taking my time trying to take advantage of all the content and interactions between players hoping to find a consistent scum partnership. Don't plan on readng previous game treating this as a new game and never used meta as a tell. Hi all!
Welcome! We look forward to your reads.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Candillan »

Okay so I'm home
What did you guys want me to comment on?
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

^#1 suspect
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

^#1 suspect
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Candillan »

Why?
I honestly don't understand what's so scummy/suspicious about me.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

sorry double post and dont start OMGUS attacking me, Candillian I'm still only up to page 9 took a break back to reading....
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Sorry for the delay guys. Got in-laws coming into town tomorrow, a bit busy.

TOWN:
Me
Grim - been over this already
Homer - asks good questions, gives solid analysis
Syr - This is more gut than anything, but I think upon realizing his "scumslip" mistake, if he was actual scum he would've tried to spin it instead of just owning up to it. Felt annoyed by his mistake in later posts and refuses to justify attacks based on it.

NULL
Crand/David - Provides a lot of analysis, but doesn't actually challenge many people with questions
RachMarie - Leaning slight town. She has stopped lurking and I don't see anything coming from a scum mindset.

SCUM
Ravenpaw - Didn't scumhunt, didnt pressure with votes, really didn't do much. Lets see what Mothrax does.
Candy - duh

INCOMPLETE
Shaboo

Actually looking over the thread and ISOs, Im surprised by how little questions are actually being asked. A lot of analysis, but not a lot of questions. The huge amount of lurk replacements probably isn't helping much.

Are there any questions anyone has of me in case I am the lynch? Any posts they want me to explain? I don't have a lot of info, and I could be completely wrong about the scum team, but Im willing to answer whatever.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 481, Core_H86 wrote:sorry double post and dont start OMGUS attacking me, Candillian I'm still only up to page 9 took a break back to reading....
I didn't attack you o_o
How did my post look like an OMGUS attack?

Also, everyone misspells my name as 'Candillian'
There's no second "I" ;~;
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 483, Candillan wrote:I didn't attack you o_o
He's saying don't OMGUS him yet, he's not done
Candillan wrote:Also, everyone misspells my name as 'Candillian'
Hush, Candyland
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 484, Syryana wrote:
In post 483, Candillan wrote:I didn't attack you o_o
He's saying don't OMGUS him yet, he's not done
Candillan wrote:Also, everyone misspells my name as 'Candillian'
Hush, Candyland
Ah, alright, I'll OMGUS him when he's done, then.

That name is acceptable.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

In post 482, LnGrrrR wrote:Sorry for the delay guys. Got in-laws coming into town tomorrow, a bit busy.

TOWN:
Me
Grim - been over this already
Homer - asks good questions, gives solid analysis
Syr - This is more gut than anything, but I think upon realizing his "scumslip" mistake, if he was actual scum he would've tried to spin it instead of just owning up to it. Felt annoyed by his mistake in later posts and refuses to justify attacks based on it.

NULL
Crand/David - Provides a lot of analysis, but doesn't actually challenge many people with questions
RachMarie - Leaning slight town. She has stopped lurking and I don't see anything coming from a scum mindset.

SCUM
Ravenpaw - Didn't scumhunt, didnt pressure with votes, really didn't do much. Lets see what Mothrax does.
Candy - duh

INCOMPLETE
Shaboo

Actually looking over the thread and ISOs, Im surprised by how little questions are actually being asked. A lot of analysis, but not a lot of questions. The huge amount of lurk replacements probably isn't helping much.

Are there any questions anyone has of me in case I am the lynch? Any posts they want me to explain? I don't have a lot of info, and I could be completely wrong about the scum team, but Im willing to answer whatever.
Sorry for the large post... I'm reading from both sides here could you elaborate, only ask because from page 1-10 he's my #1 suspect
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 485, Candillan wrote:Ah, alright, I'll OMGUS him when he's done, then.
This is acceptable.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Post by mothrax »

I'm not fully caught up but we have Aprox 25 hours to lynch. Someone please explain the case on Lngrr to me.

I'm much more interested in a candi lynch. He constantly calls his "tells" reaction testing, and I'm amazed the whole thing with "it was a joke" was dropped. I'm going to bed but I will be around tommoroe hopefully to finish my catch up.

Vote Candillan
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 488, mothrax wrote:I'm not fully caught up but we have Aprox 25 hours to lynch. Someone please explain the case on Lngrr to me.
Long story super short, the tone in his posts this game is dispassionate and emotionless compared to last game.

Spoiler: Longer now

Spoiler: Longer then
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by Candillan »

Wait, am I at L-2, or L-1?

Also, Syryana, I'm offended. That was nowhere near my case on him. ;-;
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by mothrax »

In post 489, Syryana wrote:
In post 488, mothrax wrote:I'm not fully caught up but we have Aprox 25 hours to lynch. Someone please explain the case on Lngrr to me.
Long story super short, the tone in his posts this game is dispassionate and emotionless compared to last game.

So it's basically meta? Not sure if I like that. And by not sure I mean I don't. Anything more specific?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Candillan »

This.
In post 383, Candillan wrote:To be honest, the part that initially bothered me about you was the fact that you called Grim town for something he did as scum. Then, from that discussion, you twisted my case into "whatever he does that's town is scum, and whatever he does that's scum is scum" which was a blatant misrep that you still haven't rescinded. My case was different, and you refuse to acknowledge it. Closed-mindedness is anti-town at least, if not scummy. Your dismissing of him as town for something he did when he was scum still rubs me the wrong way. I don't think a townie would do that, and it seems as if you know he's town.

Then, you made post 194, which read as super scummy. It made it seem like you were justifying him being alive so you could pin blame on him D3 for still being alive.

Also there's the point about the Switzerland complex he's having. He isn't making enemies of anyone aside from me. He hasn't listed any scumreads aside from me, and that, especially, bothers me. Not because of OMGUS, but because he's trying to get you all to warm up to a mislynch by getting on all your good sides. He didn't even deny it when he was asked about buddying to Grim.

Is that enough?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 490, Candillan wrote:Also, Syryana, I'm offended. That was nowhere near my case on him. ;-;
I posted my case on him. Why would I post yours?
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Syryana wrote:

Can you provide specific examples of posts last game vs this game to better illustrate your point?

Also, is his change in tone the only reason you find him scummy?

Although, I suppose given your "100%" confidence in Candi being town, you're just going for the next most probable lynch, no?
In post 490, Candillan wrote:Wait, am I at L-2, or L-1?
L-2 by my count.

I too would prefer a Candi lynch today. I am definitely willing to put Candi at L-1. However, is there anyone that's willing to hammer (after a claim of course)? Me moving my vote back to Candi would be pointless if no one is willing to hammer. Then again, I'm don't remember if anyone has yet stated intent to hammer LnG.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 494, imkingdavid wrote:Can you provide specific examples of posts last game vs this game to better illustrate your point?

Also, is his change in tone the only reason you find him scummy?

Although, I suppose given your "100%" confidence in Candi being town, you're just going for the next most probable lynch, no?
Gimme a minute on that one.
Yes.
I'm not lynching LnGrrR because I don't want to lynch Candyland; I'm lynching LnGrrR because nobody wants to lynch Rach.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

still reading from both ends of th wick and have no vote. any player feel my vote should go one way or the other?

Preview edit^obviously still catching up because that makes NO sense.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

I mean seriously Syrana WTF does that mean in post 489 please dont confuse me. I feel i'm at a disadvantage to help.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 491, mothrax wrote:So it's basically meta? Not sure if I like that. And by not sure I mean I don't. Anything more specific?
Part meta, part tone analysis.

Spoiler: Have a look at LnGrrR last game
In post 25, LnGrrrR wrote:Not posting IS scummy. That said, if someone comes out and says, "Hey guys, I'm ACTUALLY town, but I just figured, why don't we mass claim all the power roles so we can coordinate during the night chat? :)"... Then I reserve the right to swing my vote over to them.
In post 36, LnGrrrR wrote:Numberfour, technically we don't have to lynch, but its better for us to lynch because otherwise we give the mafia a "free" kill. Also, you're off my list. :D
In post 40, LnGrrrR wrote:You know we are eventually going to have to lynch right? If we don't lynch the first day, then we are one person down, and we have no way to reliably look at info for the first day and analyze based on scum/townie flip. So we would be back to square one. How a person votes for a lynch is probably the most important information to review. Or we could just all talk about sports and the weather until the mafia picks us all off one by one.
In post 57, LnGrrrR wrote:Grimgroove is quite correct in his assessment of what list I was talking about. Thanks for saving me the trouble of explaining. :)

That said UNVOTE: , VOTE: Archetype.

It's likely that he will be prodded anyways, but I haven't read enough from others to get any strong townie/scum reads.
In post 83, LnGrrrR wrote:EBWODP: Er, I meant quieter, not quoted. Damn you autocorrect!!!!
In post 120, LnGrrrR wrote:Maybe the title is "Title Pending" :D
In post 215, LnGrrrR wrote:Blah!

VOTE: RachMarie

There :)
In post 266, LnGrrrR wrote:
In post 257, Ravenpaw wrote: Yeah I get that slow games suck but what if he's a PR? And if he never comes back then we'll get a replacement, so either way it's better to wait and see. In the meantime if Number4 is scum, there's still one other scum we can be hunting for while we wait for him.
The other scum is probably Rachel :p
In post 326, LnGrrrR wrote:God, we would've lost so bad. Though I think Candy and Raven's overt buddying would've caught up with them. :)

Spoiler: Look at him now
In post 349, LnGrrrR wrote:OOC: Thanks Candy. I'm near the St Louis area. So far nothin too bad, though our tree in the backyard broke a little and we will probably have to take it down. No more shade for us. :(

The second spoiler doesn't actually even need the spoiler, really. I grabbed all the posts with an emotional tone (be it joking, happy, sad, whatever) from the first game I found on quick inspection of his ISO from the first game and this game. See the difference? You can see his mood in his posting in the first game: cracking jokes, easily interacting with others on a not-game level (e.g. joking, little asides not related to Mafia, etc.). Here his posting is almost purely mechanical; he's simply acting and reacting in accordance to stimuli thrown his way. It really shows when I can only find one post in his entire ISO (excluding RVS, that's silliness by default) that isn't mechanical. It really helps a lot if you do a side by side of his ISO there and his ISO here, the difference is much more noticeable.

And some of you are probably wondering why I find this such a strong point against longer; the reason is that tone, above all other things in this game, is the hardest to fake. I know this is true from personal experience, both in my own scumgame and that of others. Longer was more easy-going, less purely reactive in the prior game. He shows none of that here and has been pretty much pure game-face (Mafia is srs bznss :D) since the start of the game.

Pedit: Core, it was mostly a joke. I'm pretty much saying that I think Longer is scum based on his tone this game. This post should clarify it for you.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

Hey it's ok Syryana I'm not voting yet...But for the rest, I lean a candillan/syryana team (only read up to page 13) I could note Candillan has never voted for Syryana and Syryana only voted for Candillan for two post (for insignificant reasons) Where is the pressure of your votes?(Syryana?) What throws me off is seeing your join date and knowing you (syryana) can't be that good of scum. ----Taking input from others beings we have less than 24 hours to investigate and catching up this far is proving to be difficult.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”