Newbie 1368: Title Pending

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Not posting IS scummy. That said, if someone comes out and says, "Hey guys, I'm ACTUALLY town, but I just figured, why don't we mass claim all the power roles so we can coordinate during the night chat? :)"... Then I reserve the right to swing my vote over to them.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:03 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Not posting IS scummy. That said, if someone comes out and says, "Hey guys, I'm ACTUALLY town, but I just figured, why don't we mass claim all the power roles so we can coordinate during the night chat? :)"... Then I reserve the right to swing my vote over to them.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:03 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Herpaderp, sorry bout the double post.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:14 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Not posting isn't applaudable, so I support LnGrrrR in his effort to activate people.
However, I find it odd that he misses the difference between "lurking" (reading and not posting) and "absence" (not reading and not posting).
I should check, but I'm assuming the three people mentioned are absent rather than lurking, and are therefore nullreads instead of scumreads.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 am

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 25, LnGrrrR wrote:Not posting IS scummy.
I don't think so. It's scummy when they active lurk (post to the bare minimum without any content), but not posting at all is more of a null tell I believe. There's plenty of valid reasons for why they haven't posted yet without it being because they might be scum. They might be busy or they might be nervous newbies who don't know what to do yet and so want to give the game some time.
And besides if they don't post at all then they'll be replaced, so do you still think it's a problem?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:36 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Actively or non-actively lurking, neither help the town. And sure, they will be prodded, poked etc, but I assume this first day will last more than 24 hours. Of course, some of us are probably more eager to play the game than others. Still, I would rather use my vote to convince lurked to post, or to show those who are absent that they need to get in here.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 am

Post by RachMarie »

As I said in my rather lengthy intro post, Lurking IS antitown, and yes it is usually a null tell since both town and scum do it.

In this case, I have a feeling they will be prodded soon and may end up being replaced. There is a difference tween lurking and flaking...
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 3:08 am

Post by Grimgroove »

@RachMarie
In post 22, Grimgroove wrote:Depends on what you mean by "serious".
All in all, I'd have to say no, because I'm aware that the roles are randomly generated, aware that RachMarie knows this, and aware that there's no reason to be annoyed with the moderator because you received a certain role.
But I did mean it to be taken seriously, in order to get some kind of a reaction from RachMarie. The color discussion just seemed like a good starting point for some random questioning.

I don't really understand the WIFOM comment. I've read about the concept before, but don't fully see how it applies here
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 3:25 am

Post by RachMarie »

Basically when you start attributing scum motivation to things that are way out of the scope of the game, it can lead to WIFOM territory...

But you do get townie points for trying to move us into discussion and past RVS...

numberfour
numberfour
Townie
numberfour
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 6:27 am

Post by numberfour »

In post 5, Candillan wrote:Not gonna screw up my intro post this time \o/
VOTE: LnGrrrR
That's too many R's for my liking.

Hey Raven!
In post 9, Ravenpaw wrote:Hey Candi and hey everyone else!
In post 5, Candillan wrote:Not gonna screw up my intro post this time \o/
Lol.

Vote: Syr

Sheep the IC everybody!

@Mod
Regarding the orange text even though it is my favourite colour it's a bit difficult on the eyes here. Is there a darker shade available?

How's this reddish-orange thing?
In post 10, Syryana wrote:A word to the newbies: sheeping the IC is a great idea.

VOTE: Syryana
I'm sorry. I'm here now. I didn't realize the thread had started. Do we have to lynch on day 1?
numberfour
numberfour
Townie
numberfour
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 6:27 am

Post by numberfour »

Sorry. I was going to make notes on that and forgot. Oops. :P
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 6:57 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Numberfour, technically we don't have to lynch, but its better for us to lynch because otherwise we give the mafia a "free" kill. Also, you're off my list. :D
numberfour
numberfour
Townie
numberfour
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 7:26 am

Post by numberfour »

In post 36, LnGrrrR wrote:Numberfour, technically we don't have to lynch, but its better for us to lynch because otherwise we give the mafia a "free" kill. Also, you're off my list. :D
That doesn't make any sense. There's nothing for the town to go off of and if we mislynch that's two townies dead at the start of day 2 giving the mafia a free kill anyway.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 37, numberfour wrote: That doesn't make any sense. There's nothing for the town to go off of and if we mislynch that's two townies dead at the start of day 2 giving the mafia a free kill anyway.
Are you talking about real days or game days? The game day doesn't end until we lynch (barring modkills or other non-normal stuff.) Obviously we won't all just agree to lynch a random person; hence the reason why someone up there unvoted (because Syr was already at L-1 or L-2).
numberfour
numberfour
Townie
numberfour
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 9:33 am

Post by numberfour »

In post 38, LnGrrrR wrote:
In post 37, numberfour wrote: That doesn't make any sense. There's nothing for the town to go off of and if we mislynch that's two townies dead at the start of day 2 giving the mafia a free kill anyway.
Are you talking about real days or game days? The game day doesn't end until we lynch (barring modkills or other non-normal stuff.) Obviously we won't all just agree to lynch a random person; hence the reason why someone up there unvoted (because Syr was already at L-1 or L-2).
No, I meant game days. It's idiotic to lynch day 1 and certainly a random lynch is even dumber.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

You know we are eventually going to have to lynch right? If we don't lynch the first day, then we are one person down, and we have no way to reliably look at info for the first day and analyze based on scum/townie flip. So we would be back to square one. How a person votes for a lynch is probably the most important information to review. Or we could just all talk about sports and the weather until the mafia picks us all off one by one.
numberfour
numberfour
Townie
numberfour
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:14 am

Post by numberfour »

In post 40, LnGrrrR wrote:You know we are eventually going to have to lynch right? If we don't lynch the first day, then we are one person down, and we have no way to reliably look at info for the first day and analyze based on scum/townie flip. So we would be back to square one. How a person votes for a lynch is probably the most important information to review. Or we could just all talk about sports and the weather until the mafia picks us all off one by one.
So you'd rather take a mislynch and be two townies dead? I'm starting to FOS you for trying to push a lynch when it could clearly ruin the game for the town.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:25 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 41, numberfour wrote:So you'd rather take a mislynch and be two townies dead? I'm starting to FOS you for trying to push a lynch when it could clearly ruin the game for the town.
And what happens if don't read any tells/slips on the 2nd day, or the 3rd day? Just keep "no lynching" and lose more numbers? With no vote trail to try to analyze? Without the threat of lynching, what's to keep scum on their toes?

I'm wondering why you feel so sure about a mislynch the first day.
numberfour
numberfour
Townie
numberfour
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:42 am

Post by numberfour »

In post 42, LnGrrrR wrote:And what happens if don't read any tells/slips on the 2nd day, or the 3rd day? Just keep "no lynching" and lose more numbers? With no vote trail to try to analyze? Without the threat of lynching, what's to keep scum on their toes?

You're not even scum hunting, you're suggesting a random lynch. Of course I believe we should lynch eventually, but there's
nothing
to go on here. The probability of a mislynch from a random lynch is very high, and in the event of a mislynch we lose two townies by the start of day 2. I honestly believe you're scum because it makes no logistical sense to RL.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 43, numberfour wrote: You're not even scum hunting, you're suggesting a random lynch. Of course I believe we should lynch eventually, but there's
nothing
to go on here. The probability of a mislynch from a random lynch is very high, and in the event of a mislynch we lose two townies by the start of day 2.
In post 43, numberfour wrote:I honestly believe you're scum because it makes no logistical sense to RL.
Do you not see how you just contradicted yourself there? You just argued we would have
nothing
(your bolding)to go on for a Day 1 lynch, then proceed to say you think I'm scum. So are you calling me scum because of nothing?
numberfour
numberfour
Townie
numberfour
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 11:07 am

Post by numberfour »

In post 44, LnGrrrR wrote:Do you not see how you just contradicted yourself there? You just argued we would have
nothing
(your bolding)to go on for a Day 1 lynch, then proceed to say you think I'm scum. So are you calling me scum because of nothing?
I didn't contradict myself because while I believe you're scum, I don't know for sure and that will remain unknowable. Contradicting myself would be voting you.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 11:21 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

So you're only going to vote when you KNOW someone is scum? I mean, I'm pretty sure none of us can lynch a person by ourselves. If you think I'm scum, you should vote for me. If other people think I am scum too, they should vote, and put pressure on me to prove I'm town.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by RachMarie »

IC comment

On this site rarely is NL a good idea... And especially not on Day 1. Yes most of the time we end up with a mislynch but as LGR stated so very well, we still get information that is important to help us narrow down the field.

4 if you could please get an avatar it will make it easier to distinguish your posts thanks.

Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 35, numberfour wrote:Sorry. I was going to make notes on that and forgot. Oops. :P
You still haven't done this. Can you do it now?
In post 42, LnGrrrR wrote:
Me too.
Meanwhile, I'm also feeling scumvibes coming from you, but I can't put my finger on why. Call it gut. :/
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Edosurist »

bump!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”