²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:49 am

Post by ² »

In post 2246, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Are you fucking kidding me right now with this?
No, I'm serious. You are essentially telling him "don't admit to this, it will look scummy". Is it a problem that I am having a conversation with Metal that you are not a part of?

- b
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 6:07 am

Post by TheReverend »

Yeah jiffy, 2 is trying to bus ms here, stop trying to take credit away from him.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 6:27 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 2079, Metal Sonic wrote:Lastly, his posts are interesting, to say the least. One more reason to keep him in the game.
How is this relevant?
In post 2087, Metal Sonic wrote:My current scum read:Tiphaine Death.
You only have one?
In post 2091, Metal Sonic wrote:Claiming vanillager is suspect at best, but I'm sure you do not do this every game(pulling this shit assumption out of my mouth, but yeah)
Why misrep his claim?
In post 2096, Varsoon wrote:Also, the way 2 interacted with it, wanting me to use it on him, then calling me retarded once I revealed what I was up to--that's pretty town, too
Why is this town? Couldn't 2 have felt that this was manipulatable?
In post 2105, Varsoon wrote:
GUY IN A FREEZER, COME BACK TO US. YOUR INACTIVITY READS AS SCUMMY TO ME AND OTHERS AND I'D LIKE YOU TO GIVE MORE REASONS FOR EVERYONE TO CONFIRM YOUR ALIGNMENT
Why does it read as scummy that he's V/LA?
In post 2116, Varsoon wrote:If it was rules legal, there's not really any way to manipulate it, as it's up to the rest of town to read the claims side-by-side and decide if the player being scrutinized had done anything to change what they'd been sent via PM instead of copy/pasting it.
Because someone couldn't just make something up...
In post 2130, TheReverend wrote:Here's a link for nacho and GiF... http://www.forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopi ... 11&t=25954

One difference in particular I was looking for in varsoon's noob game was his reaction to town accusations.

Here's an example...
In post 92, Varsoon wrote:I don't blame you for thinking I'm scummy. I guess my noobishness is showing, I thought that encouraging people to chat a lot would be a good way to foster communication for town.
This is sincerity at its most blatant. I see none of that here. It took a long time for varsoon to acknowledge why he might appear scummy to people in this game. He has defended with insults and deflected with weak return attacks. This is in stark contrast to his attempts in his first game, where he defends with honesty and humility.

Varsoon is scum.
Good argument. Varsoon, can you respond to this?
In post 2139, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:it will be discussed in postgame.
Why not discuss it now?
In post 2140, Ghostlin wrote:Rach: is nearly impossible for me to read because of the trolling.
What do you mean by "trolling?"
In post 2192, RachMarie wrote:Scum

AJ (hence my vote),

not as convinced that TD is a town read as say Nacho is, but ehh
Just two, one of which you are willing to defer on?
In post 2213, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:It's definitely something we should keep in mind. Scumhunting in multiball isn't so easy as "oh he looks like he's trying to discern alignments".
Agreed. It's important to keep in mind because if it's multiball we also have to try to discern scumteams with this in mind (ie, looking for two sets of three connections versus one set of 4 or 5 connections).
In post 2242, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:I don't think so. multi-ball has a distinct feel to it and this isn't it. if it is I would be surprised.
What is this distinct feel?

One quick general point:

I am a bit conflicted on Varsoon here. On the one hand, a lot of what he is doing is really dumb and doesn't have much scum motivation that I can think of. On the other hand, Rev's meta argument in 2130 is not a bad argument. That said, given that he's a newbie, it could just be that his playstyle has shifted a bit. I still think he's a bit more likely to be town than not, but this is now a fairly weak read for me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

@BRO: I don't really think it's that great of an argument against me. I mean, the one Rev raised. I'm aware of why people would think I'm scummy here, but by solely looking at my performance in my first game and this one, you're excluding the games between which have, by large, made me lose confidence in the community that plays this game. Where I was once a visitor to this site and wanted to be as humble as I could and learn the ropes, I soon found that people here can be the worst kinds of forum posters and they didn't really care for my humility. In fact, my innocence in that first game is what -cost town the game-, because I was played like a fucking card. So, no, it's not a good argument, because it denies the growth of me as a player, as evidenced by the games on this very site.

I don't know what to think in this game. I feel like scum is actually these people I've been considering as town all along, and I'm really paranoid for it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

Also, I didn't realize GIF was on VLA. I'm pretty bad about that.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:06 am

Post by TheReverend »

Alright maybe I'm wrong about varsoon.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:06 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 2251, TheReverend wrote:Yeah jiffy, 2 is trying to bus ms here, stop trying to take credit away from him.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:13 am

Post by TheReverend »

I'm looking again at TD... his shift to varsoon is consistent with his earlier reads... the push at me still feels town driven... the sudden shift could be scum motivated, but could easily be town motivated too... he's swinging for ms too, who I still think is scum... yeah I'm happy with TD at this moment.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 am

In post 2252, BROseidon wrote:
In post 2139, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:it will be discussed in postgame.
Why not discuss it now?
cos it is against da rulez?
In post 2252, BROseidon wrote:
In post 2242, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:I don't think so. multi-ball has a distinct feel to it and this isn't it. if it is I would be surprised.
What is this distinct feel?
hard to explain. I'll think about it and get back to you.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I know it: Wagons grow bigger much easier, the town seems to sit behind one or two leaders, and everyone is simply testing who oversteps the wagon bounds. Basically, the wagons haven't been nearly as big and vote swings haven't happened nearly as often as a general multi-ball game.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Busy until tomorrow
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:06 am

Post by ² »

In post 2258, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:cos it is against da rulez?
No it is not?

- b
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 am

In post 2261, ² wrote:
No it is not?

- b
yes it is. I can't say what is for a similar reason nacho can't say what his smoking gun on aj is. I double checked with borky and he said he would prefer that I didn't.

majiffy doesn't think it is a smoking gun as all that cos he is townreading you right now but he has no refutation to what I am saying so he is following my lead.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 2234, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 2232, Andrius wrote:In other news, I just made it to Eryth Sea. I forgot how beautiful this place is.
Damn you are truckin' along
Being unemployed/out of school is great in this regard.
This
is
the third time I've started this game, so I'm experienced up to this point.
In post 2236, ² wrote:
In post 2212, Andrius wrote:
In post 2209, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:I also strongly feel this is multiball. Mollie is still unsure.
I could see it going either way, not like it matters this early on.
I actually think it especially matters this early on. Multiball allows for scum to do legitimate scum hunting, which in turn makes it more difficult for town to identify scum.

- b
You actually bring up a fair point; something I overlooked.

In post 2232, Andrius wrote:
In post 2205, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Babe I'm ok with lynching Andy if you're still feeling it. I could compile a fairly strong case.
Let me guess:
1) Not posting as frequently as he does in other games
2) Not being as useful as he is in other games
3) Sheeping Nacho moreso than in other games
4) Not doing his own individual thinking as much as he should
5) "Flirting" with mollie (or being REALLY condescending, depending on how you take my post)
6) "Lurking"
7) Thinking TD is town because she provided reasoning for one of her votes
8) Thinking that BROseidon is scum and then changing my mind after Nacho prompted a relook

In other news, I just made it to Eryth Sea. I forgot how beautiful this place is.
1) Nope.
2) Nope.
3) Nope.
4) Nope.
5) Nope.
6) Nope.
7) Nope.
8) Nope.
[/quote]
Then I look forward to what you'll front against me.

mollie
mollie wrote:so let's chat and enjoy a sunny day well I am just loving this breeze what do you think. let's get close. let's get real close. like I want you to push my limits.
Depends on how sunny; I'm more of an inclement-weather guy.
mollie wrote:fwiw I didn't think you were being condescending. oh and I don't like tea that is why I am drinking an iced latte.
Alright, just making sure that there was no percieved malintent.
mollie wrote: so what do you think of my posts so far?
I like your style and wish the mollie-to-jiffy post ratio was higher. (I'd also like you to tag your posts but whatever that doesn't matter as much.)
mollie wrote:what did you think of that big long one I made to varsoon? it was kinda nice doncha think? I think I have some good points in there.
If you mean this one I think it was nice though if this is long I think I can deal with anything you post, length-wise.
You bring up a few great theory-side points such as 'town moves in groups', 'gambits give room to hide', etc. Its a solid post that is concise yet to the point.
mollie wrote:so are you going to sheep nacho?
I'll do as I please. I don't sheep in the sense that I'll just follow his vote around wherever it goes but I'll take some of his reads and trust him on those, similar to how I'm trusting you on one (via Nacho). Yes, I'll listen to him and follow him but I'm not a blind sheep. Quiet, yes. Blind, no.
mollie wrote:what do you think of my list of 2 and aj?
I can obviously see 2scum.
AJ scum will take a bit more convincing. Because I like where he's at right now. Not townbloc quality but.
mollie wrote:if 1 of them is scum why would you want to lynch off of varsoon's list?
This list?
varsoon wrote:How does the 'town bloc' feel about lynching TD, TMT, or Metal Sonic today?
He asked a question, I responded. I'd be fine with it. I'm down with compromising. Yes I think other people are scum but I won't pull what other people pull and refuse to move off. The worst thing we can do is wait to deadline to sort out a lynch.
Actually, the worst thing we can do is wait til deadline for a lynch for
days in a row
mollie wrote:cos didn't you like that post I made about the head before the ass?
I don't remember commenting on it but.
In post 1884, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1868, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1867, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1866, ² wrote:wrong.

- f

So, then, who is scum?
TMT. Setting aside that horrible waste of a meta dive that Nacho provoked and just looking at his posts in this game, I think AJ is scum. MS is leaning scum for me, but buldermar thinks he's solid scum. My 4th would be TD. I'd give Nacho more weight on that one but between him letting me flounder around in old Aj games and having a shit read on us this game, I don't think I'll be weighing his read all that heavily wrt to my own reactions to TD's posts.

- f
this is weak cos you are not trying to find the head before the ass

you are going after low hanging fruit
...I'm inferring that you think I'm the head here. (Or at least, jiffy does.)
mollie wrote:so why are you wanting to munch on the ass?
Because a scum lynch is a scum lynch. We can't sit here and guess what role they'll have before the claim/flip (unless their name is Reverend) so one dead scum over another doesn't make a real difference numberwise. I'm all for going after the out-of-reach fruit, so to speak, but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin a bunch and the less bad apples the better. The longer the bad apples remain on the branch the heavier it gets until it snaps. We can lighten the load as we go.
mollie wrote:I will sit here while you go inside and grab answers for that. I will wait for you. I will wait.
I'm not one to make you wait so this is as prompt as you're gonna get today.

Nacho is WAY too involved to be a SK.
I'm sorry but I don't see how that's great SK play unless he's BP and fairly confident the scum won't shoot him.

BRO is on the same logictrain as I am and I love that.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Andrius »

Hey bork, do you mind adding an 'area' tag after the last mollie quote? Thanks.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Andrius »

EBWOP: An '/area' tag.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:53 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 2263, Andrius wrote:I'm all for going after the out-of-reach fruit, so to speak, but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin a bunch and the less bad apples the better. The longer the bad apples remain on the branch the heavier it gets until it snaps. We can lighten the load as we go.
Dude reading this this hurt my eyes.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:12 am

Post by Cabd »

So uh... Usually i'd keep this to myself but it's setting off alarm bells in my gut.

B&B was able to speculate on both the setup and the power level of the game, but supposedly only has their own role card....

This worries me.

@anyone who has played with them before, do they always speculate that assuredly on setups?
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 am

Post by ² »

In post 2262, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 2261, ² wrote:
No it is not?

- b
yes it is. I can't say what is for a similar reason nacho can't say what his smoking gun on aj is. I double checked with borky and he said he would prefer that I didn't.

majiffy doesn't think it is a smoking gun as all that cos he is townreading you right now but he has no refutation to what I am saying so he is following my lead.
I can't think of anything that would be against the rules other than it being a reference to an ongoing game, in which case you have already broken the rules by even mentioning it. I don't get it.

- b
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 2267, Cabd wrote:So uh... Usually i'd keep this to myself but it's setting off alarm bells in my gut.

B&B was able to speculate on both the setup and the power level of the game, but supposedly only has their own role card....

This worries me.

@anyone who has played with them before, do they always speculate that assuredly on setups?
You can infer a lot from only your role.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:32 am

Post by Cabd »

It doesn't really match up to what Sven/Rev claimed as the seer result would be, though, I think.

@REV, what does your card say about when you are seered, paraphrase is fine.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:40 am

Post by RachMarie »

um I am not that worried about that Cabd both Jiffy and Mollie are very experienced players with setup stuffs. Which is why I asked them questions. I am still getting the hang of setups I am not as familiar with since many of my games have been Newbie, Micro, and Open games.

My experience with theme games though, is that unlike normal games, they sometimes have odd roles... Like in Author Mafia we had a Prostitute... In Gay Mafia (the first one) NS was a 3rd party AIDS giver
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:54 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 2270, Cabd wrote:@REV, what does your card say about when you are seered, paraphrase is fine.
I investigate as guilty.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 10:08 am

andy I will answer your post when I get back! thank you for the prompt reply.
In post 2267, Cabd wrote:So uh... Usually i'd keep this to myself but it's setting off alarm bells in my gut.

This worries me.

okay I want to put a stop to this shit right now

I am kind of pissed that majiffy even did that shit tbh cos that was all him. speculation like that is best after at least 1 flip. we disagree on some reads and he is being downright retarded with that nacho is an SK bs. nacho is town.

I will start signing my posts so you know who you guys are talking to but omg it should like be really obvious.

to answer your question majiffy always speaks authoritively no matter what he is talking about. I am going to snap a collar around his neck and keep him on a short leash if he doesn't stop this....w/e it is he is trying to do.

-mollie
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 10:17 am

Post by borkjerfkin »