The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13175 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by blake5135 »

There are no more solar panels.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #13176 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 13170, Maestro wrote:
In post 13159, Rob14 wrote:
In post 13157, Maruchan wrote:oh yeah and apparently M ... quit admin
If that stands, I'll give the next modpack a shot.
so after all this, it's just me you have a problem with?
on a personal level now, just because of one comment I didn't mean to be taken seriously?
this isn't me trying to be bitchy (and I'm not saying you think it is, Maru, I'm just clarifying)
I just want to know where we stand Rob, since I've apologized and I don't know what else to do at this point

for the record, if several people had a problem with me why didn't they say anything before?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #13177 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Maruchan »

^^

when you gots problems with peoplez, tell emz.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13178 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by Maestro »

or if it was about what I said today...seriously? I've explained the situation, which everybody only heard about from Rob when were both very upset at eachother, didn't have any context for, etc. and I've apologized...I just don't understand how seemingly everything I like about being here in this Modded Server could get fucked up so wonderfully in this short span of time, and I don't really honestly understand how it all seemingly became my fault that it's fucked up as much as it is at this point
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13179 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Lurker »

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/699 ... lar-boats/

Maruchan, If this ever gets made, Add it.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13180 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by T-Bone »

FIRST OFF.....BOW DOWN TO ME

Second....chill out. Everyone is banned from this thread till I post again.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13181 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

:(
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13182 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Hey guys, who likes to play Survival, and likely on Hard? I would like to play with anyone who does. And exploring caves. :D
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13183 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh my god, you guys...
In post 13121, Rob14 wrote:And no, Izak does NOT count. He is NOT part of the community. He was 3 months ago. He isn't now. I can't remember the last time I saw him in-game or on IRC.
I stopped playing frequently on the server both because of the future restart, and because of my own time constraints. I stayed active in the thread and (timezones allowing) in admin talks. And I always intended to come right back the moment we had a stable world again. If the other admins really think this warrants me getting kicked out then fine, I've pretty much had enough of this anyway. But I think it's slightly ridiculous.
Last edited by izakthegoomba on Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #13184 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 1:21 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 13180, T-Bone wrote:FIRST OFF.....BOW DOWN TO ME

Second....chill out. Everyone is banned from this thread till I post again.
QFT

Also, still in effect because this isn't the aforementioned post you need to wait for.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13185 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 3:55 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 13183, izakthegoomba wrote:Oh my god, you guys...
In post 13121, Rob14 wrote:And no, Izak does NOT count. He is NOT part of the community. He was 3 months ago. He isn't now. I can't remember the last time I saw him in-game or on IRC.
I stopped playing frequently on the server both because of the future restart, and because of my own time constraints. I stayed active in the thread and (timezones allowing) in admin talks. And I always intended to come right back the moment we had a stable world again. If the other admins really think this warrants me getting kicked out then fine, I've pretty much had enough of this crap anyway. But I think it's slightly ridiculous.
That post was made when I was particularly angry, both about the IC2 decision and a separate issue not related to the new modpack. Take it with a grain of salt.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13186 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

All you need is BOATS.
Art is cool.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13187 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 7:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Rob, if you really think the game can't be played without IC2, ask dappyscroo about it. He's done just fine without touching IC2 on either of the SMP worlds he's played on, and aside from UUM, you can't reasonably say he was lagging behind, or getting any less out of the game.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13188 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Maestro »

izak, Rob's assertion is that HE can't play and have fun without IC2...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13189 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 7:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Rob, have you TRIED playing without IC2? It's not as bad as you think.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13190 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Klazam »

he's willing to try, at least, that's what he just told me on irc.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13191 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

guyssss :(

No problems from me on the new proposed modpack. I'll miss thaumcraft only because of my super magic never breaking grafter... *sniff* I'll miss Xycraft in theory but not really in practice and theres no debate to be had here anyways.

I didn't use IC2 at all I don't think so it won't really affect me being gone. I can understand why others who use it primarily would be upset though. But really, some of the comments ITT are :facepalm: . Sure, I'd be sad if BC/Forestry was gone instead. Thats what I know and use and it'd be an adjustment. But you know what I'd still play anyways, because I play on this server specifically FOR the community involvement and not for any one particular mod or way of playing.

New mods: bibliocraft is cool I've seen a little bit of the display stuff on M's laptop server. And secret rooms too! Not sure about tinkers or the other ones mentioned but I guess I'll watch the vids at some point.

I haven't always been Maru's biggest fan in the server administrative sense, but I 100% back the current existing admin and mod team for this server. Maru has far exceeded my expectations for accepting community input for how he wants to run his server. IIRC, the first iteration of this server, maru put together his own modpack, posted instructions on how to DL and join, and that was that. People played, or they did not. Now, we have a whole committee that has been discussing what the new mod pack will be for weeks, with the community's interest in mind, trying to give us the best possible experience they can. This modded server is now more a community server than it was ever intended to be or ever was in the past. M, izak, and klaz are great mods. There is no one that has posted in the past week that I would support taking over. (except for Tbone, he's cool). I don't have a problem with anyone here personally, but to anyone posting "its me or them" ultimatums, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And as I am one of if not the longest active playing community member here, my word is, naturally, law :P
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13192 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:18 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Hey guys, sorry for the long absence. There've been a lot of long and rather emotionally charged posts recently, so I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

1) I stopped playing on the server because I found out about the impending changes. I didn't want my work to go to waste (again) and I've always intended to come back in force once there's a stable world to play in. I love FTB and I love SMP. I've been playing SSP (FTB Ultimate) for the last couple of months (like every night for several hours) but it's just not the same as hanging out with you gorgeous people! :)

2) I do not play with IC2 at all. I did in the first few worlds I played and then I realised that there were other, and for me at least, more interesting ways of doing things. That's just my style of playing though and I know it won't suit everyone. I love building massive and totally improbable Rube Goldberg style machines and IC2 doesn't lend itself to this. Which brings me to point three:

3) RedPower 2 is absolutely essential to my FTB experience. Most of it is extremely cool and almost impossible to do any other way. However, the redstone logic is beyond cool and totally impossible to do in any other way (well unless you want 95%, timewise and spacewise, of every build to be taken up with vanilla redstone circuits). The omission of RedPower 2 is almost a deal-breaker for me. I know Maru's made up his mind on this already, so I'm faced with a very difficult decision.

Hmm....
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13193 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Maestro »

dappyscroo, the reason the decision was made to nix RedPower2 was not because of ANY fault in its content. The fault lies with the Mod author, who is unreliable and has not released a build for 1.5.2 at this point in time. With the timetable drawing ever nearer, and the server issues as they were/are getting worse, we can't and shouldn't wait on a single MOd to have a stable server experience. It's as simple as that.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13194 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:44 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 13193, Maestro wrote:dappyscroo, the reason the decision was made to nix RedPower2 was not because of ANY fault in its content. The fault lies with the Mod author, who is unreliable and has not released a build for 1.5.2 at this point in time. With the timetable drawing ever nearer, and the server issues as they were/are getting worse, we can't and shouldn't wait on a single MOd to have a stable server experience. It's as simple as that.
I'm aware of Eloraam's elusiveness, but I think it's unfair the way she's being pilloried by many people. The mod is awesome, and I'm sure there will be a new release at some point when she has enough time to devote to it -- which is nobody's business but her own.

In the meantime there is a perfectly working RedPower 2 version for MC 1.4.7, so what I don't understand is why we have to go to MC 1.5.x.

However -- I've been having a think, and it looks like a combination of ComputerCraft (with MiscPeripherals) and MineFactory Reloaded will allow quite a lot of complex stuff to be done. Anyone know if computers/turtles can properly read MFR rednet cables in the way they can with RP2 bundled cables?
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13195 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:46 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Runic dust mod is pretty cool.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13196 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:47 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 13195, fuzzybutternut wrote:Runic dust mod is pretty cool.
Indeed.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13197 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 13194, dappyscroo wrote:Anyone know if computers/turtles can properly read MFR rednet cables in the way they can with RP2 bundled cables?
I'm not sure how capable the MFRL RedNet is at all at this point in time - have you been checking out the MCForum thread?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13198 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Klazam »

In post 13194, dappyscroo wrote:
In post 13193, Maestro wrote:dappyscroo, the reason the decision was made to nix RedPower2 was not because of ANY fault in its content. The fault lies with the Mod author, who is unreliable and has not released a build for 1.5.2 at this point in time. With the timetable drawing ever nearer, and the server issues as they were/are getting worse, we can't and shouldn't wait on a single MOd to have a stable server experience. It's as simple as that.
I'm aware of Eloraam's elusiveness, but I think it's unfair the way she's being pilloried by many people. The mod is awesome, and I'm sure there will be a new release at some point when she has enough time to devote to it -- which is nobody's business but her own.

In the meantime there is a perfectly working RedPower 2 version for MC 1.4.7, so what I don't understand is why we have to go to MC 1.5.x.

However -- I've been having a think, and it looks like a combination of ComputerCraft (with MiscPeripherals) and MineFactory Reloaded will allow quite a lot of complex stuff to be done. Anyone know if computers/turtles can properly read MFR rednet cables in the way they can with RP2 bundled cables?
cc should be able to read them, yes. I can help with the programs.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13199 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Rob14 »

Currently scheduled events server shiz:

Saturday, May 18th at 9:00PM - Crown Conquest
Sunday, May 19th at 7:30PM - Survival Games (aka Hunger Games)
New!
Monday, May 20th at 9:00PM - Community Play in MineZ. This will NOT be on my server. Server IP will be given in IRC on the day of.

All of these events depend on exactly when the new server launches. Because I predict that no-one will come to any event scheduled immediately after server launch, once the new server launches, all events afterwards are cancelled. On a similar note, because the server launch seems to have moved up quite a bit, I no longer plan to schedule any other events over the following week.

Server IP: 74.111.11.149:25565

Return to “The Arcade”