Micro 161: No-Newbie Newbie (over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:45 am

Post by ² »

In post 471, RedCoyote wrote:
MER 469 wrote:I'm willing to compromise but truthfully I'd rather not. So yes.
Well, I was kind of addressing the game as a whole, MER, but yeah.

Spoiler:
I notice tne is still voting you...

AS 457 wrote:I was asking why you were still voting Mac when you were 100% on a MER/soat scumteam and MER had more support for a lynch than soat.
This is a solid point. AS has been saying things that make me think he's town. I'm not sure why he's such a popular vote-getter today, but I am generally not the type to defend someone particularly hard on D1. Personally, I think AS is town. If the majority disagrees with that, it's not the end of the world. I disagree though, and I wanted it noted.
I have had a town read on you since your "Hi" post and you haven't done anything that seriously shakes it.

So, I am listening to your concerns about the A_Stone wagon.

But, buldermar and I have had a scum read on A_Stone since...page 1? 2? Really early on. We arrived at the read independently, but we're generally finding that it's usually the same posts that ping our scumdars/towndars wrt to everyone in our games.

Give me some more examples of stuff A_Stone has said that makes you think he is town.

- f

fixed spoiler tag in RC's post ~N
Last edited by N on Mon May 13, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:10 am

Post by RachMarie »

ohhhh :facepalm:

I so did not see that but then I played with Mr E in Hard Boiled and there peeps either called him Mr E or followed Orc and called him Mystery lol
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 10:49 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 456, Mac wrote:
In post 453, goodmorning wrote:Obviously we cannot chill until you and Mac are lynched, but then we'll be alright I think.
No, you cannot chill until we are lynched. I've never seen you so tunnelvisioned before; what's up with that?
No idea.
In post 457, A_Stone wrote:I was asking why you were still voting Mac when you were 100% on a MER/soat scumteam and MER had more support for a lynch than soat.
Mac is soat. soat was more obvious than Mr E I thought.
In post 466, Mr E Roll wrote:GM has been the distraction that TNE has been hoping for. I know a little something about confirmation bias, and what GM has doesn’t feel like confirmation bias, it feels like scum trying to be too consistent with their reads. Why? Town_GM wouldn’t be able to recognize that her case is “pretty crap” otherwise she wouldn’t be holding it so strongly.
I personally feel strongly about it. I can recognise that it is not good for convincing others.

Players I'd rather we not lynch: RC, 2, Stone
Players I don't feel strongly either way: ETL, Rach, tne
Players I'd rather we lynch: Mac, Mr E
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 11:30 am

Post by ² »

In post 464, RachMarie wrote:he did not exactly say no lynch he said it would be worse to mislynch a townie than to no lynch

and that would be Stone dude
Obviously it would be worse to mislynch a town than to do a no lynch, but since we don't know who is town and who is not that's all but irrelevant.

I do not advocate a no-lynch over lynching an alternative to A_stone, which is what you're currently insinuating.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 11:32 am

Post by ² »

In post 466, Mr E Roll wrote:The only knock I have on them right now is that b seems to be sulking a little and holding back on his posts. But I read that as more likely frustrated town than appeasing scum.
I'm holding back intentionally and out of respect for the desire of the other players; thus, it's not related to alignment.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 11:33 am

Post by ² »

In post 468, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 459, ² wrote:I promise I'll post a maximum of one post per day if we lynch A_stone and he flips town.

- b
Bringing out he big guns, eh? This is tempting!
That's all I can offer - I believe sig-bets are not permitted.

- b
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by N »

Prodded thenewearth and EspeciallyTheLies.

Vote Count 1.19
RedCoyote
( 0 )
²
( 0 )
A_Stone
( 3 ) ² , RachMarie , EspeciallyTheLies
thenewearth
( 2 ) Mr E Roll , RedCoyote
Mac
syndromeofatown
( 1 ) goodmorning
Mr E Roll
( 1 ) thenewearth
goodmorning
( 0 )
RachMarie
( 1 ) Mac
EspeciallyTheLies
( 0 )

Not voting:
A_Stone

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-05-14 21:34:45)

I will not be around at deadline. Any votes cast after it has passed will not count, but you may continue talking in the thread until it is locked.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Mac »

VOTE: TNE

Gives us two options for a compromise at the minute. I *think* i'd like TNE over stone personally.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I'm here. I don't know what to think. There's just too much and everyone's going in different directions. The town is incredibly disorganized. I'm sorry but I'm honestly not that invested in this game because its just so... blah. I would easily vote GM or A_stone. I have a big problem with all the baiting gm did for a really lackluster and anticlimactic conclusion. It was a shitty move and the results were shitty.

Mac's cool, RC's cool, Mr E is cool. You guys agree on who to lynch and I'll vote that way.
Art is cool.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by ² »

Has anyone meta'd TNE? Or played some completed games with him?

I think his play in the Sherlock Holmes game is an interesting contrast to this game.

- f
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

For the record, once we get a flip, I'll be 1000% more into it, but I'm at the point where I feel like we are going in circles. It has gone on so long I've begun to second guess my second guesses. That's bad. It's time to lynch.
Art is cool.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by ² »

maybe the higher amount of early content from TNE was due to replacing in around page 5 during that game.

- f
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by thenewearth »

I still feel for a MER lynch.

My second would have been SOAT/Mac
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Post by A_Stone »

In post 466, Mr E Roll wrote: A_Stone hasn’t done anything with his vote since removing his random vote from 2. Town’s most basic weapons are their voice and their vote I don’t know why he hasn’t been using both of them. He has been making an attempt to stay involved in the game and
I really hate voting if I'm not 100% sure as town, it could be my confidence problems peaking though :/
In post 466, Mr E Roll wrote: Doesn’t seem to suffer from the general malaise that seems almost epidemic.

Nah, I've had my share of depression too, just hasn't carried into the game, everyone seems to be having problems with their lives at this point.
In post 466, Mr E Roll wrote: But his involvement seems super appeasing like he doesn’t want to upset anybody.

I generally try to keep out of fights and hate seeing people angry, that could be why. I am generally an agreeable person but I will stand up for something that is way out of line or being misrepped.
In post 466, Mr E Roll wrote:
And fair warning to Stone you have the largest wagon so you are probably going to be the compromise vote unless something happens. Hint. Hint.
Yeah, I realized. TNE's presence is still lacking, and if he doesn't actually post anything worthwhile then he'll do nothing to change my read and I'll vote him. I'm willing to give him some lee-way to explain himself, but if he can't :/
In post 477, goodmorning wrote:
In post 457, A_Stone wrote:I was asking why you were still voting Mac when you were 100% on a MER/soat scumteam and MER had more support for a lynch than soat.
Mac is soat. soat was more obvious than Mr E I thought.
But if you are 100% sure that they are scum, then who is more obvious shouldn't matter to you, it should be who has more support for their lynch,
right?

In post 464, RachMarie wrote:he did not exactly say no lynch he said it would be worse to mislynch a townie than to no lynch

and that would be Stone dude
I never advocated a NL, I said that it would be bad to mislynch D1,
In post 470, RachMarie wrote:I would like us to have the best chance of getting scumz first day, plus be informed enough to be ready for D 2
Maybe talking to the person you're voting would help. Seriously Rach, you're willing to play a part in my lynch but you're doing it indifferently, you haven't even pressured me, all you've done is called for my lynch and commented on how you're fine with voting me for a while, then you talked to me for the first time and put words into my mouth that I never said.
In post 475, ² wrote:
But, buldermar and I have had a scum read on A_Stone since...page 1? 2? Really early on. We arrived at the read independently, but we're generally finding that it's usually the same posts that ping our scumdars/towndars wrt to everyone in our games.
So basically you think the same way, you have the same reads which can be right or wrong in many games and you feel the same about quite a few posts...

Why are you using the fact that you *both* find me scummy as a reinforcement to your reads, I would have thought that it would have been a logical assumption to make.

-------------------

TNE, there is no possibility of a MER lynch at this point, will you adhere to the wishes of the town and explain why you are still voting him?

--------------------
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 am

Post by A_Stone »

VOTE: Thenewearth Time I have given you, as much as I have.

You may claim now, or forever hold your peace.
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post by Mac »

Why don't you ask GM why she isn't putting her vote to use as well, Stone?
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 12:26 am

Post by A_Stone »

Huh. You have a good point, I was giving her a little more lee-way since she wasn't as recent as TNE, and she probably hadn't seen your vote. But thanks for reminding me.

GM
why
are you sidelining your vote?
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 2:42 am

Post by ² »

In post 475, ² wrote:So basically you think the same way, you have the same reads which can be right or wrong in many games and you feel the same about quite a few posts...

Why are you using the fact that you *both* find me scummy as a reinforcement to your reads, I would have thought that it would have been a logical assumption to make.
The point of interest is not that we both find you scummy. The point of interest is that we found you scummy starting around page 1-2, and you have never really dug out from that.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 2:43 am

Post by ² »

^^ - f
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 2:47 am

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.20
RedCoyote
( 0 )
²
( 0 )
A_Stone
( 3 ) ² , RachMarie , EspeciallyTheLies
thenewearth
( 4 ) Mr E Roll , RedCoyote , Mac , A_Stone
Mac
syndromeofatown
( 1 ) goodmorning
Mr E Roll
( 1 ) thenewearth
goodmorning
( 0 )
RachMarie
( 0 )
EspeciallyTheLies
( 0 )

Not voting:

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-05-14 21:34:45)

I will not be around again until after deadline. Any votes cast after deadline has passed will not count, but you may continue talking in the thread until it is locked.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 2:58 am

Post by ² »

In post 489, A_Stone wrote:VOTE: Thenewearth Time I have given you, as much as I have.

You may claim now, or forever hold your peace.
No, you're not going to claim, because we're lynching A_stone.

- b
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:34 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 488, A_Stone wrote:
In post 477, goodmorning wrote:Mac is soat. soat was more obvious than Mr E I thought.
But if you are 100% sure that they are scum, then who is more obvious shouldn't matter to you, it should be who has more support for their lynch,
right?
I still want more info on Mr E though, and one can never be 100% sure.
In post 491, A_Stone wrote:
GM
why
are you sidelining your vote?
I do it a lot. People often accuse me of "vanity crusades". I want it to be very clear what my most favourite lynch is at the moment.
In post 495, ² wrote:No, you're not going to claim, because we're lynching A_stone.

- b
Oh yeah? With whose vote? I have a reasonably strong townread on him.

tne, on the other hand, I intend to hammer, since my vanity crusade went for naught.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:37 am

Post by Mac »

In post 420, goodmorning wrote:Well Mac just confirmed for me without a doubt that I was right, Scum are in soat and Mr E.
(Saying 210 is a towntell, lol)

Game over guys, let's just chill.
"one can never be 100% sure"
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 am

Post by ² »

In post 496, goodmorning wrote:Oh yeah? With whose vote? I have a reasonably strong townread on him.
Based on what?

- b
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 am

Post by Mac »

Hey... anyone wana talk about this? we need a fucking compromise.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”