Micro 161: No-Newbie Newbie (over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 4:13 am

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.17
RedCoyote
( 0 )
²
( 0 )
A_Stone
( 3 ) ² , RachMarie , EspeciallyTheLies
thenewearth
( 2 ) Mr E Roll , RedCoyote
Mac
syndromeofatown
( 1 ) goodmorning
Mr E Roll
( 1 ) thenewearth
goodmorning
( 0 )
RachMarie
( 1 ) Mac
EspeciallyTheLies
( 0 )

Not voting:
A_Stone

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-05-14 21:34:45)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 5:35 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

@mod: LA until Sunday; surgery.
Art is cool.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 5:44 am

Post by RachMarie »

oh no keep yourself safe ETL :( HUGS ♥
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by ² »

In post 415, Mac wrote:hydra of buldermar and fferyllt here?

how has this thread not reached 50 pages yet!

reading.
Because every person but one (excluding f and I) thinks I'm posting too much, so I stopped giving a fuck and am now just waiting for the rest of town to realize that A_stone is scum.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by ² »

In post 417, Mac wrote:ketchuuuup!
In post 20, RedCoyote wrote:hi

- RC
I laughed at this alot more than I should have.

- what is this buldermar?

- why are you worried about putting someone at L-2 Rach?

- CAP LOCKS ALREADY WOOOOO

- what makes you think that buldermar?

- TNE VERY concerned with people voting squared, this is like the 3rd time he's posted something like this. why are you so concerned TNE?

- yeah I agree & thought the same. bit WIFOM-y from 2. not sure I like it.

- FINALLY

*series of random votes argument* - whilst I see buldermar's point I think it's a bit weak. and the argument itself is one which will have a different conclusion in everyone's eyes. I'm glad we've moved past it.

- why the need to post it again when Rach hasn't posted?

- "think he's scum" but no vote?

- Mr E Roll is likely town

- why did you need a shove before voting?

- why were you going to wait?

- still working on your reads? what?

As of this post ^ I'm heading out. so far there's been a severe lack of scumhunting from Rach in my opinion. and she seems to be keeping her cards pretty close to her chest, like she's attempting to coast through the game.

VOTE: RachMarie
I'll be honest with you; I'm too lazy to read all of these posts right now, but feel free to highlight the questions that you wish for me to answer and I will.

- b
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Nope, I'm not the lynch today
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by thenewearth »

And if you say that "my read could have come from anyone"

Then why was I the only on who actually addressed it?
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by A_Stone »

Oh, hey Mac
In post 428, ² wrote: now just waiting for the rest of town to realize that A_stone is scum.

- b
:facepalm: Maybe it's because I'm town?
In post 431, thenewearth wrote:And if you say that "my read could have come from anyone"

Then why was I the only on who actually addressed it?
You just misrepped that post.

He said "His vote on MER could've just as easily been anyone else." Which means that your vote lacks actual substance and looked like you'd just pulled it out of the air.
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by Mac »

@mod - V/LA for the weekend

Will finish catching up upon my return.
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:14 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 408, goodmorning wrote:
In post 403, Mr E Roll wrote:You know the clock is ticking if you expect anybody to have time to respond before the day ends you might want to show a little less drama and a little more urgency.
Five days is not a ticking clock. I'll get to it within 24 hours of this post though.
…tick, tick, tick, DING!

Why is it so hard to show some examples unless you don’t have them?

Remind me again why you are voting Soat ...
In post 224, goodmorning wrote: As for your reads post: I like. Definitely good stuff AND you brought up something I'd forgotten about: Mr E.
I am not really sure where I read him, but his arguments on soat are strong. How strong? Well, I'll leave that unanswered for the time being, but it's an interesting thing to look at later on. ESPECIALLY if we have a soat flip.

Vote: soat

I have a scumread on soat. I have light townreads on tne and Rach. I have a mediumish Townread on 2. Everyone else I cannot say or guess.
I bring up some points on Soat that prompt you to vote him and that makes me scum? If the points were so strong why didn’t you repeat them? Didn’t want to chance persuading anybody else to vote for Soat? And why did my points resonate so strongly with you, do you know them to be true?

I think your tunneling and confirmation bias and reaction tests have all been busy work trying to make it look like you are doing something constructive when you’re not. What you really want is for the town to just “chill”.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:29 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 417, Mac wrote:130 - TNE VERY concerned with people voting squared, this is like the 3rd time he's posted something like this. why are you so concerned TNE?
I forgot to address this.

Because at that point, It was a pretty fast moving wagon and I saw no explanation why people are voting him EXCEPT posting too much. Which was quite a "WTF IS HAPPENING HERE?!" moment.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:40 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

That's really not why there were votes on 2.........

Also, mr. E on gm... excellent points. I'm going to reread gm.
Art is cool.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:51 am

Post by thenewearth »

That's what I was seeing earlier
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 4:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Raise your hand if you like the idea of a town bloc of ETL, RC, MER, and Mac.

Raises hand

tne, why haven't you moved your vote? How come you have been totally on the defense with no offense in the past 11 days (and no creditable offense in the entire game, imo)?
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 5:13 am

Post by ² »

In post 438, RedCoyote wrote:Raise your hand if you like the idea of a town bloc of ETL, RC, MER, and Mac.

Raises hand
You could do worse.
tne, why haven't you moved your vote? How come you have been totally on the defense with no offense in the past 11 days (and no creditable offense in the entire game, imo)?
A_Stone, goodmorning, TNE and rach are my persons of concern. more or less in order of concern from most to least.

- f
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 438, RedCoyote wrote:Raise your hand if you like the idea of a town bloc of ETL, RC, MER, and Mac.
Mac’s slot has not been a town read of mine all game so I don’t think I could in good conscience be a part of a town bloc that included him. Having said that I’m interested to see if he can redeem what Syndrome has done and won’t be pursuing his lynch today.

TNE is still my preferred lynch although GM has forced his way onto my scumdar.
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by A_Stone »

What is 'town bloc'?

---------------------------------

I've been waiting on GM's examples before I make my judgement on the slot, if I can see that they
have
been putting as much effort as they have implied, then good for them. If they haven't, then they're probably scum.

tl;dr GM should out her reasoning, or I'm going to put her read in the same boat that TNE's vote is in.

---------------------------------

Does TNE always play like this? I'm not really seeing much more than TNE misconstruing one text after another recently. I thought that #204 was ok but it's not very hard for scum to fabricate reads, it's following up on them that is difficult. Which TNE hasn't done.
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Oh balls, I keep forgetting this game exists even.

Basically waiting was more or less pointless, because the GIANT SCUMMINESS was not repeated. There was, I think, some minor scumminess, but for now I'll stick to the main point:
In post 7, Mr E Roll wrote:VOTE: syndromeofatown1
In post 90, Mr E Roll wrote:
In post 29, syndromeofatown wrote:I think I found a scum already. Not going to say who just yet cause I don't want the scumteam to attack me but just letting you know I'm onto you.
… I thought you were reaction testing. Now with your “guilty conscious” remark I’m even more inclined to believe that you intended to attack whomever commented on your post2 but for some reason decided not to when it was Coyote.3
In post 127, Mr E Roll wrote:
In post 112, syndromeofatown wrote:The main thing is he's used a whole lot of words to say a whole lot of nothing (at least nothing relevant to the game/finding scum) and his RVS vote seems... overreasoned I guess would be the word?
Why so reluctant to share your opinion? First your posting in 29 where you claim to find scum with no explanation and then in 108 where you tried to pass it off as just gut feeling? I’m not really feeling your case but at least it’s out in the open now.4
In post 119, goodmorning wrote:
In post 112, syndromeofatown wrote:his RVS vote seems... overreasoned I guess would be the word?
He made a space pun. That's your definition of over-reasoning? Interesting.
When I first read Stone’s RV I thought it was based on him thinking 2’s posts were “spaced out”. I totally missed the avatar connection until he pointed it out. I wonder if Syndrome is finding the double meaning “over reasoned”?5
1. His RVS vote is on soat. Is this in and of itself scummy? Absolutely not. Is it an interesting beginning to the trail of association tells Mr E was dropping? Sure.
2. Is it innocent or is it QT?
3. This is just an interesting thing I missed the first time.
4. These do not sound like Town words to a scumread. These sound like Scum words to a bussed buddy.
5. Why mention soat specifically here? Why even mention this, in some sort of odd semi-defense? Despite his unease with soat, Mr E doesn't really seem to want him lynched.

Votes, Quotes, and Responses, posts 0-200 (# posts at that time in parentheses):
soat: 4 (9)
Stone: 2 (12)
2: 5 (70)
Rach: 1 (23)
RC: 4 (6)
gm: 2 (26)
tne: 2 (16)
ETL: 1 (5)
Mr E (14)

From this evidence I would submit that Mr E and soat/Mac are Scum together.

Honestly it's pretty crap, which is why I wanted to wait a bit more.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Note: This is just the Mr E side. I can do the return tells later if you guys really want.
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by A_Stone »

Wut. Dayum those reads are paranoid. This is kinda why I wanted you to out earlier, some of this stuff just looks like you've gone off on your own tangent.

I'm not saying your reads are incorrect, it just seems like you've read through his iso and looked for stuff to attack, honestly.
By GIANT SCUMMINESS are you referring to posts circa 0-200?
In post 442, goodmorning wrote:Oh balls, I keep forgetting this game exists even.
Wut. How can you forget about a game's existence as town, wouldn't you have reads and be thinking about them.
In post 442, goodmorning wrote:Makes giant post about why MER is scum, still voting Mac
I mean, what does that Votes, Quotes, and Responses, posts 0-200 (# posts at that time in parentheses) thing mean anyway :?

I feel like you've been bridging up to have a scumread on MER since #231.

GM is kind of 'What' to me at the moment, I still think probably town though. Just a bit wayward
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 2:55 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 444, A_Stone wrote:Wut. Dayum those reads are paranoid. This is kinda why I wanted you to out earlier, some of this stuff just looks like you've gone off on your own tangent.
Which is why I wanted to wait and see if I was being paranoid. I still think I'm correct.
I'm not saying your reads are incorrect, it just seems like you've read through his iso and looked for stuff to attack, honestly.
I've done that in the past, not what I'm doing here though.
By GIANT SCUMMINESS are you referring to posts circa 0-200?
I am referring specifically to his interactions with soat.
In post 442, goodmorning wrote:Oh balls, I keep forgetting this game exists even.
Wut. How can you forget about a game's existence as town, wouldn't you have reads and be thinking about them.
I'm in 5 other games right now, all of which are attention-grabbing for various reasons. As my reads in this game are "soat/Mr E" it's not difficult to remember them when I do look at this game.
In post 442, goodmorning wrote:Makes giant post about why MER is scum, still voting Mac
I neither said this nor quoted it, so I'm not surre what this has to do with anything...?
I mean, what does that Votes, Quotes, and Responses, posts 0-200 (# posts at that time in parentheses) thing mean anyway :?
It's a measure of interaction. I compared to number of posts to adjust for the varying activity levels. So soat got an interaction every 2.25 posts, whereas 2 got interactions every 14 posts.
What it means is that I think Mr E was overcompensating in interactions between himself and soat.
I feel like you've been bridging up to have a scumread on MER since #231.
I've had a scumread on him since roughly post 90.
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 3:36 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

I’m going to cut straight to the tl;dr.
In post 442, goodmorning wrote: Honestly it's pretty crap, which is why I wanted to wait a bit more.
The worst part isn’t that it’s pretty crap, the worst part is that you
know
it’s pretty crap and yet you still won’t even begin to consider the possibility that you are wrong and look at anybody else. Not only are you not looking anywhere else but you are encouraging everybody else not to by telling them to just chill.
In post 84, goodmorning wrote: but coming from RC... interesting.
In post 87, goodmorning wrote:interesting
In post 119, goodmorning wrote:He made a space pun. That's your definition of over-reasoning? Interesting.
In post 129, goodmorning wrote:
In post 127, Mr E Roll wrote:When I first read Stone’s RV I thought it was based on him thinking 2’s posts were “spaced out”. I totally missed the avatar connection until he pointed it out. I wonder if Syndrome is finding the double meaning “over reasoned”?
Interesting.
In post 224, goodmorning wrote:
As for your reads post: I like. Definitely good stuff AND you brought up something I'd forgotten about: Mr E.
I am not really sure where I read him, but his arguments on soat are strong. How strong? Well, I'll leave that unanswered for the time being, but it's an interesting thing to look at
later on. ESPECIALLY if we have a soat flip.
In post 395, goodmorning wrote:Is that a softclaim? How very interesting.
In post 442, goodmorning wrote: 1. His RVS vote is on soat. Is this in and of itself scummy? Absolutely not. Is it an interesting beginning to the trail of association tells Mr E was dropping? Sure.
2. Is it innocent or is it QT?
3. This is just an interesting thing I missed the first time.
You seem to have found a lot of interesting things in this game so how could you keep forgetting about it? I think your feigned disinterest is a front to allow you lurk and not interact in any meaningful way. But hey if we all just chill maybe the scum will get bored and lynch themselves right?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't agree with goodmorning whatsoever, but I like that she's at least attempting to figure this game out. Shows me that she's thinking. Her case may be convoluted, but it's pretty sincere.

I do hate how she cuts the legs out from under it at the end with the "pretty crap" remark though.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 4:16 am

Post by RachMarie »

well you can make a good case and be town and still be wrong...

Who is MER?

I dont agree with her on Mr E though.... Want to see more from Soat's replacement... I had him as tentative town.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 4:18 am

Post by RachMarie »

wait Mac replaced in for Soat right? yeah I need to hear more from him cause so far not that impressed...

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”