Micro 161: No-Newbie Newbie (over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 21, ² wrote:Nobody has to ask "why?" when they are voted or otherwise flinch at the attention a vote brings because it's just RVS.
This I disagree with on the basis that questioning of reasons can be an excellent way to get out of RVS what with accusations of defensiveness and off behavior. The other stuff is valid points though.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.01
RedCoyote
( 1 ) syndromeofatown
²
( 2 ) goodmorning , A_Stone
A_Stone
( 1 ) thenewearth
thenewearth
( 0 )
syndromeofatown
( 1 ) Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
( 0 )
goodmorning
( 0 )
RachMarie
( 0 )
Rondar
( 0 )

Not voting:
RedCoyote , ² , RachMarie , Rondar

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-05-14 21:34:45)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 21, ² wrote:I've been playing forum mafia elsewhere for years. RVS doesn't exist on those sites. People start the game with discussion of the flavor, they fuss at chronic lurkers and shit posters, policy vote, etc. Something strikes an off note, and we're off. Every game has a more or less unique start. It's interesting. You're not looking for some slight variation on a theme to unravel.

RVS kind of cheapens the early votes. Nobody has to ask "why?" when they are voted or otherwise flinch at the attention a vote brings because it's just RVS. The only slight utility I see to it is that in a game where most of the players don't know each other or know how to get things started, there's a starting place. Problem is, it's a somewhat safe starting place for scum.

- f
I don’t know how the presence of a random vote would prevent any of the discussion you’ve mentioned.

I also don’t know of a safer way for scum to enter a game than to just say “hi”. You don’t have to worry about offending anybody or explaining your vote and you sure can’t get an OMGUS vote because of it.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by N »

I thought I sent out daystart pms at the start of the game, but I obviously screwed something up there too. Sending one to RachMarie and Rondar now.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
syndromeofatown
syndromeofatown
Goon
syndromeofatown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by syndromeofatown »

I think I found a scum already. Not going to say who just yet cause I don't want the scumteam to attack me but just letting you know I'm onto you.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by ² »

In post 27, Mr E Roll wrote:
In post 21, ² wrote:I've been playing forum mafia elsewhere for years. RVS doesn't exist on those sites. People start the game with discussion of the flavor, they fuss at chronic lurkers and shit posters, policy vote, etc. Something strikes an off note, and we're off. Every game has a more or less unique start. It's interesting. You're not looking for some slight variation on a theme to unravel.

RVS kind of cheapens the early votes. Nobody has to ask "why?" when they are voted or otherwise flinch at the attention a vote brings because it's just RVS. The only slight utility I see to it is that in a game where most of the players don't know each other or know how to get things started, there's a starting place. Problem is, it's a somewhat safe starting place for scum.

- f
I don’t know how the presence of a random vote would prevent any of the discussion you’ve mentioned.

I also don’t know of a safer way for scum to enter a game than to just say “hi”.
You don’t have to worry about offending anybody or explaining your vote and you sure can’t get an OMGUS vote because of it
No, I just get "y u no RVS????" attention and last I checked I'm the lynch vote leader. :lol:

No RVS is definitely the way to stay under the radar.

- f
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by A_Stone »

In post 27, Mr E Roll wrote:

- f

I also don’t know of a safer way for scum to enter a game than to just say “hi”. You don’t have to worry about offending anybody or explaining your vote and you sure can’t get an OMGUS vote because of it.
Considering in the majority of games fferylt (Or however it's spelt) and Buldermar play both don't seem to RVS a lot, with fferylt entering many games in this way, although Buldermar seems to enter many games by self-voting.

I would say it's a null tell atm, considering this can easily be used to the advantage of scum-2, and could simply be average play for town-2

Some evidence of this kind of thing being used to the Scum's advantage is a game that I had to miss out on which was Micro 117: The Longest Micro. In which theslimer claimed scum midgame, something that she/he :? always seemed to do as town, which made her look townie and she won a perfect scum victory.

If 2 had said "hi" in this game but there was consistent evidence to support that they *both* played rvs in other games, then yes, they would probably be scum
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by RachMarie »

ehh I know fery is not big on RVS oh other head is bulder? yeah that is not a scum tell in their case...

Sorry I am late to the party (glares at N :P)

Syndromeofatown are you an alt of the other Syndrome? Your names are so similar, and I have played with him before though not very much.

VOTE: GM

Just cause I am not a morning person :P
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 31, A_Stone wrote:Some evidence of this kind of thing being used to the Scum's advantage is a game that I had to miss out on which was Micro 117: The Longest Micro. In which theslimer claimed scum midgame, something that she/he :? always seemed to do as town, which made her look townie and she won a perfect scum victory.
Honestly Town in that game were a pile of poo, so I'm not sure how much that had to do with it.
Of the three most active people two were Scum.
RachMarie wrote:Just cause I am not a morning person :P
Well that makes two of us then ;)
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by A_Stone »

Well, you did acknowledge that Slimer was Town because she did that... Unless I misread
In post 105, theslimer3 wrote:I've neversaid it. I know her from the scum quickchat we have for this game.
In post 106, goodmorning wrote:SLIMER IS NOW CONFTOWN
So what I said
does
serve as evidence
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I believe Slimer is a he and well yeah dont judge tells based on what he does he is Slimer....

²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by ² »

For your meta-stalking pleasure

fferyllt - http://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist.p ... le&u=20541

buldermar - http://forum.mafiascum.net/memberlist.p ... le&u=19504

I keep my wiki page up to date.

- f
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by RachMarie »

hey wait meta stalking is my term :P

syndromeofatown
syndromeofatown
Goon
syndromeofatown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Post by syndromeofatown »

In post 32, RachMarie wrote:Syndromeofatown are you an alt of the other Syndrome?
Yeah. I don't really consider this an alt so much as a new account that I'm trying to use all the time but occasionally just forget. And yea you're the only other player I recognize but wasn't sure if we were actually in a game together or not.
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Post by A_Stone »

In post 35, RachMarie wrote:I believe Slimer is a he and well yeah dont judge tells based on what he does he is Slimer....
I have to agree with you on this one, his play was rather... spontaneous?

Would like to see something from Rondar
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by RachMarie »

LOL I know it has been a long time but you shot my bf and framed me for a mafia win in a marathon game when my browser was all wonky Jackal was the mod. CDB was your scum bud and he got offed early on...

I am NS's gf

Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:15 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 31, A_Stone wrote: If 2 had said "hi" in this game but there was consistent evidence to support that they *both* played rvs in other games, then yes, they would probably be scum
In post 32, RachMarie wrote:ehh I know fery is not big on RVS oh other head is bulder? yeah that is not a scum tell in their case...
In post 30, ² wrote: No, I just get "y u no RVS????" attention and last I checked I'm the lynch vote leader. :lol:

No RVS is definitely the way to stay under the radar.

- f
I’m in agreement that 2 not casting a random vote is a null tell. My premise is that there is value in casting a random vote and his arguments against random voting have not shifted my opinion.

And I wouldn’t worry too much about being the vote leader yet they are still “cheap” votes ;)
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:27 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 34, A_Stone wrote:Well, you did acknowledge that Slimer was Town because she did that... Unless I misread
It was at least 75% joking, but yeah, I'd forgotten that.

Who's cheapvoting? My vote is 100% serious.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:54 am

Post by ² »

In post 23, A_Stone wrote:
In post 13, Mr E Roll wrote:
In post 12, A_Stone wrote:VOTE: 2

Their posts seem to be a bit... spaced out
Is this a random vote or a policy vote?

2 are both heads in agreement with not casting a random vote? Do you not think random voting has any value?
Random vote based on their avatar.
So if I vote you because I think you're scum, can I claim that it's a random vote based on my estimation of your alignment as well?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:56 am

Post by ² »

In post 29, syndromeofatown wrote:I think I found a scum already. Not going to say who just yet cause I don't want the scumteam to attack me but just letting you know I'm onto you.
You don't want the scum team to attack you and therefore wont be telling us who you supposedly identified as scum? How does that even make sense?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:58 am

Post by ² »

In post 31, A_Stone wrote:Considering in the majority of games fferylt (Or however it's spelt) and Buldermar play both don't seem to RVS a lot, with fferylt entering many games in this way,
although Buldermar seems to enter many games by self-voting.
Many? I'm pretty sure that I've only done it a few times. How many games did you check and in how many of them did I self-vote?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:59 am

Post by ² »

In post 31, A_Stone wrote:I would say it's a null tell atm, considering this can easily be used to the advantage of scum-2, and could simply be average play for town-2
How would it be advantageous for us not to random vote?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 am

Post by ² »

In post 29, syndromeofatown wrote:I think I found a scum already. Not going to say who just yet cause I don't want the scumteam to attack me but just letting you know I'm onto you.
Also what is the actual point of this post?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:10 am

Post by ² »

In post 41, Mr E Roll wrote:And I wouldn’t worry too much about being the vote leader yet they are still “cheap” votes
I'm pretty sure neither of us are worried - at least I know I'm not.

- b
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:13 am

Post by RachMarie »

I knew you two were not worried at this point I have played with you both... Well Bulder a lot more though... And fery was in a hydra with Orc. (Game is done so now I can talk about it :P)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”