Micro 161: No-Newbie Newbie (over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 am

Post by ² »

In post 373, ² wrote:
In post 372, syndromeofatown wrote:
In post 367, ² wrote:There goes all respect I ever had for you, Rach. Good job insinuating that people being active doesn't have a "real life" outside of mafia games. You probably couldn't have been more insulting even if you tried.
its so fucking obvious you two are scum together I seriously just fucking lost all interest in this game.
I remember buldermar making a very similar comment to another player who said something about having a real life that takes precedence over mafia. I can't remember what game it was in, unfortunately.

I found Rach's response to the comment a little squiffy, though.

- f
Maybe it's a culture thing because I found it insulting and arrogant.

- b
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 372, syndromeofatown wrote:
In post 367, ² wrote:There goes all respect I ever had for you, Rach. Good job insinuating that people being active doesn't have a "real life" outside of mafia games. You probably couldn't have been more insulting even if you tried.
its so fucking obvious you two are scum together I seriously just fucking lost all interest in this game.
Let’s be honest you lost interest in this game a while ago.
In post 219, syndromeofatown wrote:i don't know if I can even keep up with my one 9 page micro game. This is sad :(
In post 221, syndromeofatown wrote:well if anyone was curious I have two strongish town reads in Mr E Roll nd goodmorning, the rest are really too weak to say one way or the other
I thought you were going to flake after these posts. And these posts are a big part of my scum read on you. In my experience a lot of people prefer to play town so have a hard time getting into games were they are scum.

But let’s pretend for a minute that you are town… are you ever going to explain your vote on Rach? And why would you lose interest in the game when you have identified the scum team wouldn’t town_Syndrome be motivated to get them lynched?
syndromeofatown
syndromeofatown
Goon
syndromeofatown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by syndromeofatown »

In post 376, Mr E Roll wrote:Let’s be honest you lost interest in this game a while ago.
True.
I thought you were going to flake after these posts. And these posts are a big part of my scum read on you. In my experience a lot of people prefer to play town so have a hard time getting into games were they are scum.
I would have the same amount of enthusiasm no matter what my alignment. Nothing to do with my role and everything to do with real life. I wanted to join a game to distract myself from what's going on in real life but it turns out real life is distracting me from everything I used to enjoy doing
But let’s pretend for a minute that you are town… are you ever going to explain your vote on Rach? And why would you lose interest in the game when you have identified the scum team wouldn’t town_Syndrome be motivated to get them lynched?
It's one of those things like, it will get done when it gets done. I don't plan on NOT contributing forever but I also don't have a set plan on when I will... just whenever I feel like it I guess.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by RachMarie »

bulder I am truly sorry that I said something that offended you. I guess I should have just said what it was...

My young cousin (she will be 32 in August) who is like a niece to me cause she was only 6 years older than my son Ben had a relapse with the cancer and has taken a major turn for the worse. Docs say there is no hope anymore. :( she has a 9 year old daughter. I am so sick and tired of Death coming to visit me I wish he would go find someone else.

So yeah I kinda have been doing other things more the past few days, cause I am trying to get my equilibrium back.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by ² »

I am sorry to learn about your cousin, Rach. Take care of yourself during all this.

- f
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.15
RedCoyote
( 0 )
²
( 0 )
A_Stone
( 3 ) ² , RachMarie , EspeciallyTheLies
thenewearth
( 1 ) Mr E Roll
syndromeofatown
( 1 ) goodmorning
Mr E Roll
( 1 ) thenewearth
goodmorning
( 1 ) RedCoyote
RachMarie
( 1 ) syndromeofatown
EspeciallyTheLies
( 0 )

Not voting:
A_Stone

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-05-14 21:34:45)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Post by A_Stone »

In post 347, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:specifically his precedent of "non-answers".
Could you elaborate on this further?
In post 348, goodmorning wrote:I personally found it fairly useless after the first couple responses, but that's because it's Stone you're arguing with
:?
In post 356, Mr E Roll wrote:
Just out of curiosity if you found Syndrome’s behavior “troubling” and it didn’t sit right with you why didn’t you vote for him? Are you going to follow your own advice and withhold your vote until a viable lynch option materializes even if it’s not one of your strong scum reads?

I’m beginning to like your bandwagon more and more.
Nah. Finding something troubling isn't amounting to a vote, it's more an icky feeling about a post that ticks me off.

Sorry, I have trouble communicating my feelings :/ Or any articulation at all actually.

I'm not going to vote anyone I don't feel is scum, and I am generally slow to vote. I have WIFOM going through my head about all the possibilities and just kinda decide against it until I'm 100%
2 has been my most consistent town read, their posts have shown a willingness to engage that seems townish to me.
Uhuh, I didn't really like the ETL reads progression and them slowly confirming each other as town, it seemed planned to me. I could see it coming from the beginning of their interactions, what did you think?
I think both scum can be found in some configuration of TNE, Syndrome and A_Stone. Individually each one has looked scummy. I just don’t know which combination is most likely.
I don't really agree with this, when we add the fact that I'm town, that leaves those guys. nothing really pinged my radar from either of them about being a team other than tne accepting the gut read explanation instantly, although that was explained. They do seem to be playing alike though, although soat seems more demotivated and bored. Which probably means he's figured the whole game out in his mind and can't see why the others can't see what he sees.

tl;dr They could both be scum, but I'm doubtful of a scumteam.

If it is then well done them for pulling the wool over my eyes.
In post 376, Mr E Roll wrote: I thought you were going to flake after these posts. And these posts are a big part of my scum read on you. In my experience a lot of people prefer to play town so have a hard time getting into games were they are scum.
Yet he didn't flake, he's just demotivated. Which isn't a scumtell.

I'm working on improving my grammar :D Hopefully I can stop using so many damn commas soon
-----------------------
Mer Thearts

2 really kicked up a big fuss about that Rach thing, I thought it was obvious she said it in a joking manner. Although Buldermar probably didn't get it for a similar reason about why he didn't get my space joke.

GM's posting is over-cautious, if you could out your thinking then we could comment on it, if you leave your thoughts in the air then it's easy to go off on your own tangent. I still find GM townie though, I can't really see posts like #350 coming from scum.
tl;dr I do get your reasoning for keeping us in the dark, but I find it unreasonable.

-----------------------
My heart goes out to you Rach.
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 371, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:... are we playing the same game?
If this was addressed to me... I mean that nothing much really happened that would make my reads change
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 am

Post by thenewearth »

Well if it was not then my bad. But whatevs
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 1:34 am

Post by thenewearth »

I almost forgot...
@Mod: V/LA for 2 days
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:59 am

Post by goodmorning »

Alright, I'll out tonight as I may as well.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:59 am

Post by goodmorning »

EBWODP: Out my reads, that is.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 4:28 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Rach 366 wrote:RC you already are not posing much... hopefully we can get some content soon, though I do understand about the job issue :(
That's life. You've got worse problems than I do! All the best with that.

Feel free to ask me anything (RE: gamewise). I am keeping up with the game and will post my thoughts accordingly.

---
soat 372 wrote:its so fucking obvious you two are scum together I seriously just fucking lost all interest in this game.
I think this is an interesting point. Rach seemed townie to me, but I could connect the two.

---
tne 383 wrote:Well if it was not then my bad. But whatevs
Your vote feels like a bunch of "whatevs" to me. Seems like you're just letting it languish uselessly.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 5:42 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

TNE seems disinterested, but not necessarily scummy on that end.

I have also considered Rach to be town-ish. She may be worth a look-see, but I'm more sure about A_Stone right now.
Art is cool.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 8:00 am

Post by ² »

In post 378, RachMarie wrote:bulder I am truly sorry that I said something that offended you. I guess I should have just said what it was...

My young cousin (she will be 32 in August) who is like a niece to me cause she was only 6 years older than my son Ben had a relapse with the cancer and has taken a major turn for the worse. Docs say there is no hope anymore. :( she has a 9 year old daughter. I am so sick and tired of Death coming to visit me I wish he would go find someone else.

So yeah I kinda have been doing other things more the past few days, cause I am trying to get my equilibrium back.
Thank you for sharing this. I'm sorry to learn about your cousin, and I sincerely hope that you find a way to deal with it all, and get your equilibrium back, as you put it. The situation you describe put the initial remarks into a different context - namely one in which the remarks were never meant to be derogatory. As such, I too am sorry for having considered them so.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 8:02 am

Post by ² »

In post 381, A_Stone wrote:2 really kicked up a big fuss about that Rach thing, I thought it was obvious she said it in a joking manner. Although Buldermar probably didn't get it for a similar reason about why he didn't get my space joke.
It's difficult to explain culture differences to a group of people all sharing more or less one culture.

- b
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 381, A_Stone wrote: Uhuh, I didn't really like the ETL reads progression and them slowly confirming each other as town, it seemed planned to me. I could see it coming from the beginning of their interactions, what did you think?
I don’t think it could be planned. ETL was a replacement.
A_Stone wrote:I don't really agree with this, when we add the fact that I'm town, that leaves those guys. nothing really pinged my radar from either of them about being a team other than tne accepting the gut read explanation instantly, although that was explained.
This…
In post 106, thenewearth wrote:Is no one really going to answer why they're still voting squared?

And syndrome: Really, Why A_Stone?
And yes, I know I'm voting A_Stone. But that's pretty much RVS. I'd actually vote you based on your answer though
… I’m reading this and trying to decide if TNE is saying “get your own mislynch” or if he is saying “why you voting my partner he hasn’t done anything scummy”.
A_Stone wrote:They do seem to be playing alike though, although soat seems more demotivated and bored. Which probably means he's figured the whole game out in his mind and can't see why the others can't see what he sees.
This would make more sense if SOAT would have actually tried to get anybody to see what he claims to see.
A_Stone wrote:Yet he didn't flake, he's just demotivated. Which isn't a scumtell.
I think it’s fair to say everybody’s motivation in the game has it’s ups and downs but to only have downs does look scummy to me. It’s too easy for scum to say this game is boring I’m not going to try.
In post 382, thenewearth wrote: If this was addressed to me... I mean that nothing much really happened that would make my reads change
And the only time to comment on anything is when your reads change? Trying to stay under the radar?
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by A_Stone »

In post 391, Mr E Roll wrote:
In post 106, thenewearth wrote:Is no one really going to answer why they're still voting squared?

And syndrome: Really, Why A_Stone?
And yes, I know I'm voting A_Stone. But that's pretty much RVS. I'd actually vote you based on your answer though
… I’m reading this and trying to decide if TNE is saying “get your own mislynch” or if he is saying “why you voting my partner he hasn’t done anything scummy”.
If he's scum, then it's the former.

If he's town, then we're overthinking his actions.
A_Stone wrote:Yet he didn't flake, he's just demotivated. Which isn't a scumtell.
I think it’s fair to say everybody’s motivation in the game has it’s ups and downs but to only have downs does look scummy to me. It’s too easy for scum to say this game is boring I’m not going to try.
I see what you mean by that, but my life is annoying me at this point = demotivation, has nothing to do with my role. A lot seems to be happening with people's lives at the moment, maybe he has something wrong with him, if he doesn't, then your claim holds *some* weight.
I don’t think it could be planned. ETL was a replacement.

Well, yeah.

It just looks planned because they both transitioned into that phase, while having initial reservations about each other. I don't really like how predictable it was that they would call each other town eventually, they literally wrote out the steps so that nobody could be like "Well, that came from nowhere."
In post 390, ² wrote:
In post 381, A_Stone wrote:2 really kicked up a big fuss about that Rach thing, I thought it was obvious she said it in a joking manner. Although Buldermar probably didn't get it for a similar reason about why he didn't get my space joke.
It's difficult to explain culture differences to a group of people all sharing more or less one culture.

- b
Yeah, I understand it, I just don't really see why you took such an offense to it.

@ETL, you ever gonna answer me, or?

----------------
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Post by ² »

In post 392, A_Stone wrote:Yeah, I understand it, I just don't really see why you took such an offense to it.
I think more likely you noticed Rach's post, decided that it would be a good idea to act as if you don't get why I was being offended and went with it.

I'll check if Rach posted before or after you started your "I don't see why you'd be offended" crap.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by ² »

Rach explained things in 378 and you posted in 381. How convenient. You can piss off already. I know that you're scum, so it's only a matter of time before either you get lynched, or I get killed/lynched in which case everyone else BETTER FUCKING LYNCH YOU WHEN THEY SEE MY FLIP.

- b
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 3:48 am

Post by goodmorning »

Is that a softclaim? How very interesting.

I fell asleep last night, but here it is:
I get massive scumvibes off Mr. E. Some examples in a bit.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 3:51 am

@A_stone: i'm sorry; answer what?

This game is boring as fuck and I don't think we are getting anywhere. Its still day one for fucks sake.

A_stone is scum, that seems almost obvious to me now. The rest of the discussion is fluff and useless unless we get a flip.

I like RC, mr. E... rach WAS in the game and if she doesn't post im going to vote her instead..

I
think
tne is town, null on gm but probably town. Null-leaning-scum on 2 but dunno. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the team was stone/rach either.

stone what did you want me to answer?
Art is cool.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 am

Post by goodmorning »

What about RC do you like? I have him as a giant Null.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:42 am

In post 397, goodmorning wrote:What about RC do you like? I have him as a giant Null.

I like his posts. They seem to come from a genuine, town POV.
Art is cool.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:23 am

Post by ² »

In post 395, goodmorning wrote:I get massive scumvibes off Mr. E. Some examples in a bit.
I will no doubt be skeptical, but if you are right it changes the game landscape pretty dramatically.
In post 398, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 397, goodmorning wrote:What about RC do you like? I have him as a giant Null.

I like his posts. They seem to come from a genuine, town POV.
agree

- f

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”