Micro 161: No-Newbie Newbie (over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.12
RedCoyote
( 0 )
²
( 2 ) RedCoyote , EspeciallyTheLies
A_Stone
( 2 ) ² , RachMarie
thenewearth
( 1 ) Mr E Roll
syndromeofatown
( 1 ) goodmorning
Mr E Roll
( 1 ) thenewearth
goodmorning
( 0 )
RachMarie
( 1 ) syndromeofatown
EspeciallyTheLies
( 0 )

Not voting:
A_Stone

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-05-14 21:34:45)

thenewearth is temporarily V/LA.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

*sigh*...

I think I'm having trouble because the slot is a hydra... but f's posts are much better than b's, and after re-reading the thread, i think b's abrasiveness just gives me scumvibes. i know that's not a scumtell, and I'm just not sure since giving the thread another look over.

so,
UNVOTE:

I'd be willing to vote A_Stone as my second top read at the moment.
Art is cool.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by ² »

buldermar is *slightly* more abrasive than me though I have my moments. The questions that are about his tone/banter he'll have to answer. Questions about our reads or about my posts, I'll field.

- f
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 270, syndromeofatown wrote:UNVOTE: A Stone
VOTE: RachMarie

serious vote. explain later
Any idea on when you are going to get around to this?
In post 296, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 277, ² wrote:
In post 276, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:This post indicates otherwise, to bring up just one example (of many).
I never claimed every single one of my posts lives up to these criteria.
Why shouldn't they?

I can say that about each and every one of my posts, why can't you?
Can you really…
In post 20, RedCoyote wrote:hi

- RC
In post 102, RedCoyote wrote:
Mod
, how many of these lovely pictures do you have? I love these sort of jokes.
… that’s a quarter of your posts. I think you are tunneling and lurking. I get that you think 2 is scum but with the votes so scattered it would be helpful to know what your thoughts on some of the other players are.
In post 301, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:*sigh*...

I think I'm having trouble because the slot is a hydra... but f's posts are much better than b's, and after re-reading the thread, i think b's abrasiveness just gives me scumvibes. i know that's not a scumtell, and I'm just not sure since giving the thread another look over.

so,
UNVOTE:

I'd be willing to vote A_Stone as my second top read at the moment.
You’d be willing to vote A_Stone as your second read? Does that mean 2 is still your first read? Is your willingness to vote Stone a compromise vote?
A_Stone
A_Stone
Goon
A_Stone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Post by A_Stone »

In post 303, Mr E Roll wrote:
You’d be willing to vote A_Stone as your second read? Does that mean 2 is still your first read? Is your willingness to vote Stone a compromise vote?
Echoing this, dat activity :/
In this town, we don't lynch bad guys, we just make them feel really really bad about themselves and give them free access to pills. ~ Detroit 9000/Cub Daigoro
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 2:46 am

@Mr. E: not second in rank of scumminess, second as in other scumread, now that I am less positive about 2.

What does the last bit mean? A compromise vote?
Art is cool.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 3:11 am

Post by RachMarie »

As in voting for someone you think is a lot less scummy than your primary scumspect because they happen to be the Town's choice...

Way too early in this day for a need for a compromise yet...

Usually happens when the day is near deadline to make sure there is a lynch..
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 3:17 am

Ah thanks rach.

Not a compromise vote. With my uncertainty about 2, a_stone has become my top scum read.
Art is cool.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Fair point, MER. A bit harsh and technical, but fair.

That doesn't mean I am wrong about ², however.

I like you, AS, and Rach.
I am not particularly impressed with soat (very awkward, disjointed comments... seems a bit listless), ² (aforementioned reasons), tne (too dependant, allowing himself to be influenced by others).

ETL seems genuine enough, although I could see her as setting herself up to look like she's having difficulties deciding when she really isn't. goodmorning is the wild card in the group.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:38 am

@RC: if 2 is scum, who do you think might be the partner?
Art is cool.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

tne would be my kneejerk reaction.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 286, goodmorning wrote:I am relatively sure I know who the scums are but it's just a really hard gut read and a fuckton of associative tells and my brain is going NO NO YOU CAN'T MAKE A CASE SOLELY ON ASSOCIATIVE TELLS D1 NO FLIPS YOU BIG STUPID IDIOT STOP THAT STAY OBJECTIVE but my gut is going NO NO I WANT TO SAY IT AND I AM TOTALLY RIGHT, IT SHOULD BE REALLY OBVIOUS BUT THEN WHAT THINGY AND BLAH BLAH WALRUS
lawlz so randum ^_~;;;

Enlighten us. Have you played with some of these guys before? I am fairly sure I've never played with you.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 5:30 am

Post by ² »

In post 308, RedCoyote wrote:Fair point, MER. A bit harsh and technical, but fair.

That doesn't mean I am wrong about ², however.

I like you, AS, and Rach.
I am not particularly impressed with soat (very awkward, disjointed comments... seems a bit listless), ² (aforementioned reasons), tne (too dependant, allowing himself to be influenced by others).

ETL seems genuine enough, although I could see her as setting herself up to look like she's having difficulties deciding when she really isn't. goodmorning is the wild card in the group.
RC, I'm kind of at a standstill re your concerns about me/us, since they relate mostly to what I perceive as the posting style of my partner.

Your and my reads differ dramatically in places, but we agree on Mr E Roll, TNE, GM and I think ETL. My impression is that she's earnest, transparent hardworking town, though I'll keep her newbie scum win in mind. With no site meta, one's scum game isn't at all constrained by prior-game town behaviors.

- f
syndromeofatown
syndromeofatown
Goon
syndromeofatown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 7:54 am

Post by syndromeofatown »

I know I unvoted A stone b/c I didn't like how his wagon was forming and how fast people piled suspicion on him for I think not good reasons and plus he didnt seem as scummy as I once thought. As for rachmarie... I'll get to it. It's not something I could explain in one sentence but really a scummy pattern i see to her posts it'd be much easier to just point out specifics rather than generalize
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by ² »

In post 283, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 281, ² wrote:Liking SoaT a lot more for town, both for the vote and for the push back.

- f
Weren't you the one talking about assessing actions based on whether it was town-motivated or scum-motivated? What town motivation is there in randomly voting someone and not sharing the thought process behind it? Maybe he saw something the rest of us missed? Instead of just explaining it, he gave me attitude.
I believe I was the one assessing actions based on whether they are more likely to be town motivated than scum motivated (though I think f is doing a similar thing).

I think most are equally motivated to doing random voting as scum and town, but doing random voting is inherently anti-town. In other words, with respect to being motivated by alignment it is most often null.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by ² »

In post 284, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 279, ² wrote:Perhaps you're simple not emotionally or intellectually capable of understanding the concerns I've raised regarding A_stone.
If you bothered to actually read anything I've said, you'd know how I feel about A_Stone. I just happen to think you may also be scum. Ad Hom isn't a good defense.
It isn't a good attack either.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by ² »

In post 285, RachMarie wrote:Am I supposed to just vote for 2 even if I dont think they are likely to be scum just cause peeps dont like how much they post?

I think we can do better than that...

Not like we are on deadline yet or anything...
Would you have done so had we been near deadline?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by ² »

In post 286, goodmorning wrote:I was reading this game, and I didn't feel like I was in it. Then I saw my facepalmcat and realized that I am in this game.

I am relatively sure I know who the scums are but it's just a really hard gut read and a fuckton of associative tells and my brain is going NO NO YOU CAN'T MAKE A CASE SOLELY ON ASSOCIATIVE TELLS D1 NO FLIPS YOU BIG STUPID IDIOT STOP THAT STAY OBJECTIVE but my gut is going NO NO I WANT TO SAY IT AND I AM TOTALLY RIGHT, IT SHOULD BE REALLY OBVIOUS BUT THEN WHAT THINGY AND BLAH BLAH WALRUS

Also it's quarter past 2am, so that probably explains that slightly but maybe not.
Either way it could be productive to share it?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by ² »

In post 288, A_Stone wrote:Yes, yes it was.
Too late to answer this one now - for obvious reasons.

- b
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 311, RedCoyote wrote:Enlighten us. Have you played with some of these guys before? I am fairly sure I've never played with you.
Not many. I'm playing fferyllt, have played Rach and tne, and Stone has been an early-replace out in two of my games. I'm not talking meta tells for Scum particularly, though meta is something I find in favour of the hydra at the moment.

PEDIT @2: As I said, I'd rather wait. Keeping the other in the dark is something that's worked out well for me in the past.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by ² »

In post 288, A_Stone wrote:>.> Are you ever going to answer why the question had to be asked, or are you just going to make a case on how I'm backpedaling to the sunrise in your opinion
The question answers itself by making the simple assumption that I'm town: I asked because I didn't know (as opposed to asking while knowing, which would make me scum and which is what you insinuated that I did).

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by ² »

In post 288, A_Stone wrote:1. I unvoted when I thought it was the general consensus that RVS was over, there was no point in holding my RVS vote after that point.
This kind of phrasing is scummy. You didn't unvote when you
wanted
the RVS to be over or when you had made up your mind, or when someone better came along to vote, or when you thought your vote was no longer of use. You
waited
and unvoted when doing so would be in accordance with the general consensus. That's exactly what scum does: stays in accordance with consensus without worrying about progressing the game or making reads.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by ² »

In post 288, A_Stone wrote:I'm still checking out who I'd like to vote right now, I'm thinking about 2 but I'd like to see a bit more, it's pretty much just gut and a bad feeling right now. I'd just like to step back and look at everyone a bit more before I make my decision.
This is fencesitting.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by ² »

In post 288, A_Stone wrote:3. It's just something I do, I like to see activity from everyone.
You started doing this immediately after I called you out for tunneling on me and making a shit case on why I'd be scum.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by ² »

In post 288, A_Stone wrote:He looks like he has an amazingly strong presence doesn't he, then suddenly we realize he's using a post to answer every question individually.
I'm pretty sure we have posted the most in terms of amounts or letters, words, questions asked, questions answered, statements and the like as well.

- b

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”