/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Shadoweh, didn't you just vote CES on the basis of POE? Your reaction to being on the wrong end of Empire's POE list seems really blah considering that you seem to find POE good enough to vote someone else on.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 3, Votecount 7

Cogito Ergo Sum (3) - Tammy, Llamarble, Shadoweh

Benmage (1) - OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife (2) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Zachrulez
Nachomamma8 (2) - Benmage, Deasvail
Llamarble (1) - Nachomamma8

Not voting (2) :
Empire, Tierce

• With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 7th of April at 3:59am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-04-06 23:59:59)
  • Benmage and Cogito Ergo Sum are V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Shadoweh »

It's not the wagon I prefer, but it's the wagon we deserve.
And out of the other alternatives it's the only one I would support that has support. I estimate I still have enough town cred to not get lynched today, so maybe you should find something better to do then wag suspiciously at all my posts. You being innocent is disapointing.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1387, Shadoweh wrote:Maybe I don't want to see a pure PoE list from you because it doesn't jive with your mafia MO? Sorry but you seem like you take deductions too seriously to declare anyone scum without thinking they're scum.

Okay hand over that forged copy of the meta handbook. It's got erroneous information in it all over the place.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1385, Tierce wrote:
In post 1384, Benmage wrote:OGML- Misguided horrible town. He actually believes his inane "case" on me... that's why town.
I've seen scum do it. It can be a desperate refuge in audacity. Picking the drowned fox up there, he did that with me several months ago. I still have to go through OGML stuff, but I don't think "belief" in a case is as strong a Towntell as you are painting it. They do have to fake conviction--and it's harder to fake waffly paranoia than conviction.

What is a strong town tell?

What is a strong scum tell?

These things do not exist. Everything is a multitude of small tells often fitting within both molds, but viewed in one light altogether add up to a sound read. Look at some of OGML's other posts and his town. Admitting his lackadaisical attitude it producing his "case"... reads genuine.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Benmage »

^Err town in the final line should = tone.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Benmage »

@Empire and Tierce, vote please.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:36 am

Post by Tammy »

I don't get the issue shadoweh keeps taking with zach's posts. In fact I just don't get a lot of shadoweh's posts. They sound like they're constantly annoyed, but I can't make out why.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:39 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1399, Shadoweh wrote:See now regardless of alignment you're practically personally insulting me. Depreciating your own signifigance is scummy too btw. (Maybe that's why Benmage drives me crazy.) I don't understand from a town-motivated perspective why you don't want any strength to push lynches you want with.

You can't tell the shift has already begun?(shift from shitty too.....)

When benmage is shitty he's town Period. When the Dragon awakens the scum are lynched. When Benmage is scum, GL.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1402, Shadoweh wrote:It's not the wagon I prefer, but it's the wagon we deserve.
And out of the other alternatives it's the only one I would support that has support. I estimate I still have enough town cred to not get lynched today, so maybe you should find something better to do then wag suspiciously at all my posts. You being innocent is disapointing.

Zach isn't voting you, fyi...

And your list has me n DV... So essentially 2 town and 1 PoE.

Do you not see DV doing very similar behavior to yourself... Does noone compare play and reactions to themselves? I find it most useful.

DV is going herpderp but Im town here, just like yourself.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Benmage »

@Zach CES vote fine... Nacho or Llamarble, hellz :P , OGML has 0.0% chance of making it to endgame... lets grow some cojones here.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Tammy »

Last night when I was reading over the game, the sense that I got of ces today is that he's mostly arguing about argument types, and talking about how scum buddies interact and less about actual scum. CES - who do you think ogml's partners are? Reading his iSo I don't feel it as much but it's still there. (I still have some punts about him for sure coming back scum, not going to repeat them again since they're in my ces wall. I still like those things but he's capable of doing that as scum too.)

I need to think about it but I almost think nacho is the better lynch just because there are fewer things I like there. Additionally, I hate . He left several colors at home in his attempt to paint a picture that lead to benmage scum because of the hammer. He totally left out me questioning the claim and target, vi agreeing with the points I raised and not moving, tierce not moving, and then the post Ben pointed out. That just is more scum motivated to me than town. I did like his reads posts, but I can't shake the suspicion I've had of him since early on, and I can't put my finger on exactly what but ctd's interaction with him is suspicious too.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:03 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I sound annoyed because I'm annoyed by Zach's opinions of me, it's not hidden messages there. I'm annoyed in general because I feel irrelevant and don't have any nukes like in the other game I was playing elsewhere. I haven't found that solid thing to latch onto like a rabid meat eater. Also I like my notebook, it has all my doodles in it and you can't have it.

Ben: I don't really think DV is scum. I'm certain your current target isn't scum either though so I'm skeptical on the dragon rising.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Faraday »

Prodding OhGodMyLife
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1368, Llamarble wrote:My post was entirely reasonable. Everyone posted in the last couple days of D2; there were votes enough to move where we wanted (and we did move a lot).

Everyone posted in the last couple days of D2, but it would have been better if everyone posted before D2 and got a lynch done before D2. You're ignoring the fact that there's been a lot of wheels turning without really making any new ground. Doesn't matter how many times we can move the wagon if we have no idea where we want to go.

In post 1368, Llamarble wrote:The primary sources of total nonsense in this game have been you and Benmage.

And this is just patently false. You're pretending like somehow Benmage and I have tossed up smokescreens that prevented scumlynches, and that's yet another bit of bullshit.

In post 1411, Tammy wrote:He left several colors at home in his attempt to paint a picture that lead to benmage scum because of the hammer.

The point is that there was a shit ton of things that came into the equation of us mislynching twice. Llamarble is arguing that the playerlist being good somehow means that now it's time to say "okay, CES can't be town too", and that's not quite right.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Llamarble »

When I say total nonsense I mean statements of "A implies not A" quality-level.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Empire »

Holiday stuff, will get back into this game tomorrow.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Just got back from a terrible series of flight delays. Happy Passover everybody.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1414, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1411, Tammy wrote:He left several colors at home in his attempt to paint a picture that lead to benmage scum because of the hammer.

The point is that there was a shit ton of things that came into the equation of us mislynching twice. Llamarble is arguing that the playerlist being good somehow means that now it's time to say "okay, CES can't be town too", and that's not quite right.

I guess I still don't get the point of the ones you chose to include or what point that makes. The posts you included show vi telling us we don't have a lot of time, shadoweh at l-1, it claiming and Ben hammering. Are you making a statement about the shadoweh wagon falling apart or Ben hammering ut after he claimed?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

This game is dying a quick death.

Unvote: Vote: CES
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Faraday »

Prodding Tierce, Deasvail and Cogito Ergo Sum
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1418, Tammy wrote:
In post 1414, Nachomamma8 wrote:

I guess I still don't get the point of the ones you chose to include or what point that makes. The posts you included show vi telling us we don't have a lot of time, shadoweh at l-1, it claiming and Ben hammering. Are you making a statement about the shadoweh wagon falling apart or Ben hammering ut after he claimed?

The point is that we've had two days where deadline panic played a significant part in the lynch. Both days in a row, there's been a point of lag, deadline clamor, mislynch. The second day we even got a deadline extension, but we really didn't do anything with it, instead ended up driving a claim then hammering without any discussion. Obviously shitty play, obviously can't really be anyone's fault even though Llamarble is acting like something else happened entirely.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Llamarble »

How is it nobody's fault? Causelessness is rare.
If the best players in a game are all town, there should be enough scumbags in the not-incredibly-hard-to-read pile that the army of beastly town-players ought to be able to reach some reads with some confidence.
Instead the scum are good enough / the town is ungood enough that most of the towniest players have struggled getting reads, leading to deadline wagons.
I see CES being scum as the best explanation of this situation, and he also works by process of elimination and the fact that I simply can see his posts coming from scum.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry for needing to be prodded. I still prefer Nacho, with CES > Benmage now probably.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I think literally nothing has happened since I last posted, though I've been watching. >_> Probably because of Happy Eggy Day!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”