/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Nacho, late D2 basically everyone was around and we were able to move the wagon around a few times.
I'll grant that Benmage is sublucid and maybe even scum, but I still don't believe in the notion that we collectively have spent almost all our time driving wagons on different towns with an army of strong town players all with town role PMs.

Funny you, because if you're not scum there's even less room for CES to not be scum.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I kind of agree with CES.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 3, Votecount 6

Cogito Ergo Sum (2) - Tammy, Llamarble
Benmage (2) - Shadoweh, OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife (2) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Zachrulez
Nachomamma8 (1) - Benmage
Llamarble (1) - Nachomamma8

Not voting (3) :
Deasvail, Empire, Tierce

• With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 7th of April at 3:59am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-04-06 23:59:59)
  • Benmage is V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 1351, DeasVail wrote:I kind of agree

DeasVail wrote:
maybe a bit '-ish'. some kind of.

I still think (I think) I think is townish.

I thought it's a bit silly It seems more likely

I think pretty town can be, but I'm not too sure.
seems like an attempt to look town maybe?

He seems a little probably less.

I'll probably (mainly just want to still looks), I think I still haven't decided (hopefully I won't need to?).

Lawl.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Um yeah, what you're supposed to do is remove all of that, not the other way around.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Llamarble »

This game needs more TET and less me talking to the various scum candidates.
Everyone is assuming you guys are town. So Drive!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by Tammy »

It does!

I got internet back tonight and ended up having a Dr. Who marathon. Sorry for my absence; I'll be better tomorrow, I promise.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1348, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1345, Llamarble wrote:You're a funny one to say that. Pose to me how we get to our current situation without CES being scum.
You mean to tell me a town containing Vi, CES, Tierce, me, and various other good players mislynched twice against a scumteam of Benmage, OGML, and DV? I don't think so.

hold on. let me paint you a picture:

In post 668, Vi wrote:Oh hey
less than a day left
and rapidly approaching a point where claims are too little too late.

In post 731, Benmage wrote:Well we need a lynch.

And plus we can use this mislynch against Vi.

In post 1115, Faraday wrote:
Day 2, Votecount 15

Vi (1) - Tammy
Untrod Tripod (1) - Deasvail
Shadoweh (6) - Tierce, Cogito Ergo Sum, Vi, Llamarble, Untrod Tripod, Empire

Benmage (3) - Nachomamma8, OhGodMyLife, Shadoweh
OhGodMyLife (1) - Benmage

Not voting (1) :
Zachrulez

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 22nd of March at 11:59pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-22 19:59:59)
  • No One V/la

I added an extra 24+change hours to the deadline.

In post 1196, Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Untrod Tripod
Claim!

In post 1198, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1196, Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Untrod Tripod
Claim!

town roleblocker!

In post 1209, Benmage wrote:^fuck that
HRMMM
-------------------[]

unvote vote Untold Tripod

boom goes the dynamite.

^^^Clever.. You omitted:
In post 1208, Untrod Tripod wrote:...

ok you're clearly committed to being a dumbass

unvote, vote Benmage

I know my alignment, I don't know his, I'll at least ACCEPT that lynch because there's a chance he's not town.
my reads are public, try to use them later I guess?
whatever

Before my hammer.

Also you dont seem to mention that it was what?? 12 hours to a deadline if I recall... we were gonna change wagons???? ZZZZ

Nacho is scum, check.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1342, Llamarble wrote:
In post 1340, Benmage wrote:
In post 1338, OhGodMyLife wrote:How much more refuge in audacity does Benmage have to take before people get their heads out of their asses?

Tunnel blinds.. pretend for one second you aren't as bad as you appear to be.

News flash, if I don't flip scum, then what??!? BAM mindfucked dumbasss scub. (Remind me in the next invitational to take OGML off... fucking scrubs in this game, disgusting..) Go fluff another 50+ pages with less than 20 posts, you are USELESSSSSS

Your play is pretty feeble too Benmage.
We'll get to which of you two dies later.
You can help it be not yourself by voting CES.

Exactly... feeble Benmage = ???

Why did I remove Llamarable from scumlist?

His pigheaded-ness is EXACTLY like that from WF... I get it, he has to have me for a mislynch. It just has zero chance of success.

And yes, I only really played D1 of this game. But let's look at mafia 151. I coasted until the end of D3, and all we did was mislynch. The Dragon awoke, and I went on to lead to to so much success that I was NK'd over 2 confirmed cop innocents going into mylo. Boom goes the dynamite!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

It's funny that Naho is voting Llamarable... Foreshadowing fakedistancing, you heard it here first!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote: Nachomamma8
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Shadoweh »

prod dodge, will post later today after work.
I really don't think Llamarble is being pigheaded here.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Empire »

In post 1343, Llamarble wrote:Also for all the town-assuming we're doing for Tammy/Empire/Tierce, I would like to see a lot more out of them.
Empire's effort level is decidedly medium and contains a lot of 'look at me reading all this meta about people' and basically zero "I have found a convincing scumbag guys let's lynch them for the following decent reasons."
Tierce
Benmage
DV
Tammy
Nacho
3 of the 5 people on Empire's NEVER LYNCH EVER list have solid chances of being scum. Good Jorb.
And come on. What is 990.
I'll take Tierce and Tammy and deadVi's word for it, but yeah.

Oh my god, I swear it's like people aren't actually reading my posts. I've explained over and over and over again that I've been incredibly busy the past couple of weeks and that my posting rate won't be as high as it's been in other games (despite this, I'm
still
among the most prolific posters in the thread). And I think it's fucking great and fantastic that you're so confident and you think you've got this game solved but guess what? Not all of us actually feel this way. I've explained a million times that I have no convincing scumreads to push and if you've bothered to look at any of my past games, I put a lot of weight into meta and that it's a large part of how I read people.

And thanks for chiding for something I posted many, many pages ago. If you've actually, you know, read anything I've posted since then, you'd have learned that my reads on DV and Benmage have both wavered (though I do still think they're town). I've rejected the Nacho read because it was based on that big wallpost which I didn't think would come from him as scum -- DV referenced Always On, where he did something very similar as scum so that made me scrap the read. My only two non-negotiables right now are Tierce and Tammy. Fucking tired of having to read posts like this.

Anyway, CES stuff coming up right now after I go over his ISO.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Llamarble »

Sometimes people need to be chided / annoyed.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by Empire »

Ok so I got distracted but I did manage to comb over and think about CES's posts and I'm still pretty conflicted (shocker) but he does seem like a possible PoE-scum candidate. Trying to look for affirmatively scummy stuff from him though seems pretty impossible and that just reminds me of what past-Llamarble was saying about it being really hard to "case-make" about CES.

Going over his ISO, there are some posts that do come across as nothing but empty posturing -- I don't really see the point to stuff like #275, #548, #736-#737, #794 and overall it just gives the impression that he hasn't been genuinely scumhunting but just pushing a set of three mislynches the entire game. His reasoning for FoSing Nacho in #835 is ridiculous given that I really don't see any reason for being wrong about the scumteam being any sort of scumtell. Then there's the whole argument against Vi and I'm increasingly getting to the point where I'm not sure I buy him trying to lead off with the arguments he had for rhetorical effect (#870) being genuine.

At the same time, though, there are some things I still like. The putting Llamarble at L-1 and the line of questioning that accompanies it does seem like he's genuinely trying to get a read on him especially given #259. And there's the bit in #896 about not wanting to look hypocritical as scum that does ring true given that I think he does put a bit more image-conscious care into his posts as scum.

Meh, I'm going out but I'll be back tonight to look over this stuff again and also get to Benmage's ISO. I might also look into CES's meta but every time I've done this I never get anything out of it so bleh.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Empire »

Now that I think about it...

Town: Zach (confirmed town via role result), Tierce, Tammy, [gap], DV, Benmage, Llamarble, OGML (maybe)

That leaves {CES, Nacho, Shadoweh}

I'm not sure the game is this easy though.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Yeah, those posts are basically pointless (except #737). If I have a dream that's relevant to a mafia game, it seems remiss not to mention it, really. You misunderstood ; I was just giving both my Top 3 and my pick for scum team.

In post 1349, Llamarble wrote:I think that if the scumteam does not contain CES, and we're not wrong about TET, any scumteam composed of the remaining options should be in tatters by now.
CES is good at town, and so are lots of others. We haven't lived up to our expected collective proficiency, which I find much more likely if one of our highest-potential-usefulness players is scum.

Again, generalities. I've definitely played worse than this regardless (ADwD being the obvious example.)
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1350, Llamarble wrote:Nacho, late D2 basically everyone was around and we were able to move the wagon around a few times.
I'll grant that Benmage is sublucid and maybe even scum, but I still don't believe in the notion that we collectively have spent almost all our time driving wagons on different towns with an army of strong town players all with town role PMs.

Funny you, because if you're not scum there's even less room for CES to not be scum.

this is stupid.

In post 1357, Benmage wrote:Also you dont seem to mention that it was what?? 12 hours to a deadline if I recall... we were gonna change wagons???? ZZZZ

that's the point.

V/LA for a couple of days.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by Llamarble »

My post was entirely reasonable. Everyone posted in the last couple days of D2; there were votes enough to move where we wanted (and we did move a lot).
The primary sources of total nonsense in this game have been you and Benmage.

CES:
Generalities are like, how humans process the world or something. If you want to fight a general argument, specify why it doesn't apply here.
You not being a force for town increases the odds you are scum. Town collectively not having success yet increases the odds that not all of our best players are town.

Limited access this weekend.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Contemplating generalities is a decent starting point but you have to connect it to the thread at some point. If you look at the mislynches, penguin_alien getting lynched over N certainly wasn't my doing and I wasn't here for the UTmislynch (that example might be a little unfair since Konowa softclaimed to me but eh); looks to me like we definitely could've lynched scum at either deadline and I had nothing to do with it not happening on either Day.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by Tierce »

>.>
<.<

Well, at least the other game is over now. Empire, any new thoughts on CES from it?

Will DEFINITELY try posting tonight, as I've done most of my share of organizing life stuff and the other half won't be around so no distractions other than those I make for myself.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

What other game are you referring to?
Empire: Rereading I'm pretty sure CTD and Nacho arguing about CTD's terrible everything wasn't scum on scum and it reaffirms how I feel about his case on N, he was arguing with a suspicious townie about the case on his totes scumspect. Also Nacho is my waifu. And I'm not scum. I supose the point about PoE on CES makes sense though.
- tierce empire tammy nacho llamarble zach ogml
= three of Benmage Cogito Ergo Sum DeasVail
##Unvote
##Vote: CES
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1371, Shadoweh wrote:What other game are you referring to?
This one.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1370, Tierce wrote:Well, at least the other game is over now. Empire, any new thoughts on CES from it?

Aside from the fact that I think CES can be obvtown when he wants to be, not really anything I can articulate. I had him as a weak townread even before the cop quickhammer thing (the read basically exponentially increased after that). I do feel like he played way differently in that game but it's more of a general vibe/gut feeling type thing looking at the way he approached the game and I hate that kind of thing so whatever -- I think maybe because he was just generally a lot more forthcoming with his reasoning and his back-and-forths with people came off as if he was genuinely scumhunting (think Sherlock).
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by DeasVail »

No Shadoweh. :( You're supposed to townread me when no one else can!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”