/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:38 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 30

penguin_alien (7) - Deasvail, Konowa, Shadoweh, Llamarble, Wickedestjr, Nachomamma8, Vi

N (7) - Tierce, CrashTextDummie, Empire, penguin_alien, Tammy, Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum

CrashTextDummie (2) - N, Johhog

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • NO ONE is V/la

Less than 8 hours until deadline.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Tierce »

I was just going through the game Nacho linked; that was a year and a half ago. If he's not been playing in alts and/or hydras and/or outside MS, I expect his scum game to be quite rusty, and so wouldn't be surprised if that made him scum in this game.

Game of the Year was quite a different concept, the mimes
wanted
to be lynched.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 725, Faraday wrote:CrashTextDummie (2) - N, Johhog
This is ridiculous.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:49 am

Post by Benmage »

Holy wall surge. I won't be reading up here till night. Has N really not claimed yet? ZzzZzzzz

Penguin?

unvote vote Penguin
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:49 am

Post by Benmage »

unvote vote penguin
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 am

Post by Empire »

Won't have time to go through that game right now since I'm now on my way to a bullshit graduation assembly + a two hour seminar after but thanks for the link Nacho.

Benmage, penguin already claimed VT.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Well we need a lynch.

And plus we can use this mislynch against Vi.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Ridiculous maybe, but how many scumbags do you know that forget to vote their own counterwagons when it means they'll probably be lynched?
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:29 am

Post by penguin_alien »

...so you know it's a mislynch but want to use it against Vi. When some of my wagon is there in part due to believing that I'm scum on a team with Vi. Good luck with that.

Nachomamma8, the only thing that tips CES in my mind is his not buying into the CTD wagon where he could have, but a lot of my take on him would depend on how he reacts to having a flip from the list of his scum team. If he was pushing on me and then planned to use my town flip to write off N and Vi, I'd find that suspicious. Since I think N is scum, I don't think it makes much sense for him to bus his teammate for the sake of supporting a lynch on me, since I don't know that he'd have much success with using that tactic on Vi any time soon given how people are wanting him to stay alive for a while before committing to reads there. As such, a 1:1 trade isn't super-useful for him. It's not a strong town read, but based on what's there it's where I am on him.

WRT DeasVail, I'm probably not very objective on him, since he's been pushing his scum read on me quite a bit off some flimsy evidence. Despite that, his early game play showed a willingness to take a risk, even if it wasn't optimal, and he had a number of posts from the start of the day not dealing with that move that were actively questioning people on what he saw as non-optimal behavior.

On my way out the door; I'll elaborate on Benmage, Empire, Tammy, Tierce, and Vi later if there's time before hammer, although it boils down to their posts being reactive without being self-conscious.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 732, Shadoweh wrote:Ridiculous maybe, but how many scumbags do you know that forget to vote their own counterwagons when it means they'll probably be lynched?
I, for one. It's not a matter of forgetting, it's a matter that not doing so makes you look not-survivalistic and you really don't lose a lot by not voting your counterwagon. i.e. it is beneficial for scum not to vote their counterwagon in this kind of situation.

Empire, I know you are busy, but if you have a little time before the hammer, if you could shed some light on Vi, that'd be great.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Vi »

Now I know I'm trying to cut back on my bitterness output in this game, but where were the last two pages three days ago?

I feel like I should do something, but I don't know what and won't get more time for another few hours.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 706, Nachomamma8 wrote:wicked-empire-johhog is my favorite call, I think

This is a surrealist masterpiece.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 732, Shadoweh wrote:Ridiculous maybe, but how many scumbags do you know that forget to vote their own counterwagons when it means they'll probably be lynched?

Have you heard of "refuge in audacity"?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:52 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Penguin-alien's analysis post, while not as awesome-town as Nacho's, was at least 10 times more pro-town than anything N has done over the entire day combined. I see his entire conduct over the last couple of pages, including his refusal to claim, as entirely bereft of any pro town motivation or thinking. He's riding the "too scummy to be scum" angle to the finish line and for some incomprehensible reason, enough people are buying it that penguin-alien looks like today's lynch. Feh.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Nothing seems worth commenting on and/or replying to now aside from this:

penguin wrote:Wickedestjr--His early play this day phase felt town, but he's been slipping over to a scum read as things progress.
1:
I think him not wanting N lynched with the little hook of 'not saying why' and not being willing to follow up on that, yet
2:
telling people to vote for me or N reads like an unwillingness to take a stance.
3:
How does he define the distinction between being opportunistic and persuaded to change one's mind anyways? His early interest in Shadoweh as linked with CTD showed more of a willingness to stick his neck out that petered out. Leaning scum

1:
I explained the 'not saying why' comment. I asked you what my motivation as scum would be to say that and you didn't answer. Hint: There is no scum benefit behind saying 'not saying why'. If I was mafia who had a scum-motive for keeping N alive but was keeping said reason to myself, then why would I even bother to say 'not saying why', thus drawing attention to it? Hint: I wouldn't.
2:
UNWILLINGNESS TO TAKE A STANCE?!?! Are you effing kidding me? I'm voting you and have clearly stated that I suspect you, but don't suspect N. How the hell am I unwilling to take a stance? Read the thread please. I told people to vote you or N because those were the two bandwagons which had potential imo- and I don't want a no-lynch to occur.
3:
It's fine to be persuaded to change your mind occasionally, but I have issue with your play because:
  • If not opportunistic, then both of your serious votes were result of persuasion by other players.
  • Both of your votes followed a few other votes for the same player.
  • The case on N (for the most part) was not only obvious (meaning not much persuasion necessary), but present for most of the game.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Somebody please hammer penguin.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Johhog »

UNVOTE: CrashTextDummie
VOTE: penguin_alien
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:15 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Shocking, people I suspect as scum finding that part of my posts to be the only relevant part, calling for a hammer, and placing the hammer. I am a VT, but since I'd say that as scum I would consider it to be of limited utility.

Wickedestjr: #1: WIFOM much? #2: I maintain that your willingness to see N lynched instead of me, rather than persuading people to lynch me throughout, reads as non-committal. YMMV. #3: I don't generally change my mind on a dime; I tend to pursue my scum reads until I have a concrete reason to shift--see Micro 99. So lynch me...oh, wait. Right.

Off for a late lunch; if there's time before the flip I may get back to fleshing out those town reads, otherwise when I flip town at least you'll know they were sincere.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 738, CrashTextDummie wrote:Penguin-alien's analysis post, while not as awesome-town as Nacho's, was at least 10 times more pro-town than anything N has done over the entire day combined. I see his entire conduct over the last couple of pages, including his refusal to claim, as entirely bereft of any pro town motivation or thinking. He's riding the "too scummy to be scum" angle to the finish line and for some incomprehensible reason, enough people are buying it that penguin-alien looks like today's lynch. Feh.
After having some time to think it over... yes. I was wondering if unvoting and hoping for No Lynch at deadline was a good idea, but if we had to lynch someone, it wouldn't be p_a just for the sake of best-worst-case-scenario. I was probably going to feel like I made the wrong move no matter what, but I think I actually did.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 31 aka End of Day Votecount

penguin_alien (9) - Deasvail, Konowa, Shadoweh, Llamarble, Wickedestjr, Nachomamma8, Vi, Benmage, Johhog

N (6) - Tierce, CrashTextDummie, Empire, penguin_alien, Tammy, Cogito Ergo Sum
CrashTextDummie (1) - N

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • NO ONE is V/la

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Faraday »

penguin_alien
got_hammered
penguin_alien
dead_townie

penguin_alien
is_female

penguin_alien
lynched_day1

penguin_alien
dead_qt

penguin_alien
bye_bye

#YOLO PINGU

penguin_alien -
Vanilla Townie
was lynched Day 1.

N has requested replacement. Contacting my replacement pool now. Night will last 48 hours from when I find a replacement.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 am

Post by Faraday »

OhGodMyLife replaces N!

Night ations are due 48 hours from now. Countdown: (expired on 2013-03-07 18:47:28)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

CrashTextDummie. A man like no other. He once counterclaimed a doctor in a game. He won a scummie for it. He didn't win that game. He's also from Switzerland so might actually be Roger Federer. It would coincide with his low site wide activity the past few years. Ladies and gentlemen you just found Federer dead. He probably has a swiss watch too. It might be broken. FUCK. #YOLO

CrashTextDummie -
Mafia Traitor
was killed Night 1.

----

Johhog is from Sweden. Johhog is either Henrik Larrson or IKEA made flesh. I know, I know. The latter makes no sense. But in actuality Johhog is a desk. Now unforunately when everyone came to use him in the morning he'd been disassembled. Fuck. I guess that's the equivalent of death for a piece of furniture. FUCK. #YOLO

Johhog -
Town Tracker
was killed Night 1.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 2, Votecount 0

Not voting (13) :
Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum, Deasvail, Empire, Konowa, Llamarble, OhGodMyLife, Nachomamma8, Shadoweh, Tammy, Tierce, Vi, Wickedestjr

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 21st of March at 11:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-21 19:15:44)
  • WickedestJr is V/la

#WALRUS
Last edited by Faraday on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by Tierce »

#BUKKIT

VOTE: OhGodMyLife

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”