AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh and this burden of proof plus 'you can't PROVE that I did X' is scummy as hell as well.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:55 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 137, ChannelDelibird wrote:It would also be totally fine to shoot Siv if you wanted. But I'd rather start with Mac.

Did Siv even post before this? Why did you say it?

In post 171, ChannelDelibird wrote:People I'd be willing to shoot: Mac, Cherry Nog, Siv

What about Siv made you add him to the list.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 299, Juke wrote:AP your case sucks

Phoneposting:

Your attack basically amounts to "He looks like he's trying to look town by saying we need to find town." This doesn't make any sense, but I'll break down the specifics. To justify why the plan is GOOD, it's much easier to find town than it is to find scum, so finding two town to win will be easier than finding the only two scum to win. I also don't have any illusion that I'm some obvious town, as I did shit all until RP shot two scum. Furthermore, that plan actually really sucks if I'm scum because, as soon as my partner gets shot, I've set myself up to lose at LyLo (unless you're suggesting I'm partners with HadMatter, which you obviously aren't).

In regards to your second post, you don't seem to point out shenanigans on anything but my plan. Elaborate?

This post looks a lot like scum trying to define the terms of their own wagon*.

On top of things like the noise-over-signal vote for the mod earlier plus this, as pointed out by AP, which betrays a dissonance in stated values, I'd be tempted by a Juke shot.

*Taking "wagon" in this game to mean general suspicion.

PEDIT: Will respond to your questions next AP then reread the early game for Siv & Mantis buddy clues.

Fixed URL tag ~ Jal
Last edited by Jal on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 am

Oh balls I PEdited and still got the url tag wrong. Could you fix please,
Mod
?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:04 pm

In post 326, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 137, ChannelDelibird wrote:It would also be totally fine to shoot Siv if you wanted. But I'd rather start with Mac.

Did Siv even post before this? Why did you say it?

If I were town in your position I'd have answered the first question myself with thirty seconds of research; as it is I can only see it as leaving it their in case I trip myself up on it with a poor choice of words and line myself up as a mis-shot, which does chime with my initial suspicion that you are bussing Juke.

To answer your second question (and, by extension, the second part of your post), though: This being Siv's only post, my immediate reaction was scum trying to look engaged with the game risk-free. Stating one townread for a "fairly good point" (not elaborating, which is necessary because anyone of any alignment can make a good point) is the easiest possible thing to do without saying literally nothing.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cherry Nog
Cherry Nog
Goon
Cherry Nog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Cherry Nog »

In post 321, Juke wrote:
Cheery/N, I request that you shoot AP. If they're scum, they die, and if they're town, they'll shoot me and die, therefore no longer being a distraction.

Yeah that's not going to happen.
I'll tell you what though, if you happen to be town after we shoot you, you can shoot him all you want.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:06 pm

In post 297, AngryPidgeon wrote:CDB looks a little town for being engaged.

In post 320, AngryPidgeon wrote:Hm, I really suck at reading CDB I guess. His playstyle is just way different than mine.

CDB isn't a very emotional player - everything he does is fairly calculated. I'll read him in ISO specifically since he seems to be a point of interest.

Given that my only post between was a prod acknowledgement literally two minutes before you posted the second (i.e. you were almost certainly already writing it when I posted), why did you suddenly lose confidence in your read?
#greenshirtthursdays
Cherry Nog
Cherry Nog
Goon
Cherry Nog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Post by Cherry Nog »

Bum's read list did remove some of the possible town I gained from looking at the isos of flipped scum, and that's actually where I got that town read from, but I'll see how other shots go before I possibly shot them (our someone else shots them since if the other shots fail I'm dead)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 329, ChannelDelibird wrote:as it is I can only see it as leaving it their in case I trip myself up on it with a poor choice of words and line myself up as a mis-shot

Oh lol you caught me. When I made that post I was like "What can I put in here that wil subtly make CDB say something contradictory and get shot by Cheery?" and then I was like "YES! I'll make a pseudo question out of whether or not something totally provable did or didn't happen! CDB will fuck up FOR SURE!"

I had that thought immediately after the one where I was like "I should bus the ever-loving fuck out of Klick, because I can!"

Re my read on you: I think I've said multiple times that all my reads are weak except for the Juke one. I said you looked 'a little' town and then said I suck at reading you, 'I guess'. Nothing new happened, obviously. I just never had a solid read on you. Or Limo. Or whoever else is in this game, I cant even remember. Except Regfan looks like mafia a little but even that is mostly just my gut saying hes being way to careful in his posts to not step on anyone's shoes too much.

Why do you have a townread on Bumfuzzle?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 pm

In post 107, Bumfuzzled wrote:awestfie here, I've discussed shortly with Regfan regarding my reads, and this is currently what I have.

{SNIP} - A bunch of reads, doesn't mention Siv, click link in quote if you want to look at the whole thing

Italics mine.

I would have expected a comment on Siv's extraordinarily brief entrance from Regfan if he were town here.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 pm

In post 333, AngryPidgeon wrote:Oh lol you caught me. When I made that post I was like "What can I put in here that wil subtly make CDB say something contradictory and get shot by Cheery?" and then I was like "YES! I'll make a pseudo question out of whether or not something totally provable did or didn't happen! CDB will fuck up FOR SURE!"

I didn't say it made sense, I'm saying I'm having trouble understanding why you wouldn't have done the research as town.

I had that thought immediately after the one where I was like "I should bus the ever-loving fuck out of Klick, because I can!"

I don't know why you're acting like the idea of bussing a scumbuddy who's playing badly would be such a ridiculous scenario.

Why do you have a townread on Bumfuzzle?

I've never declared a townread on Bumfuzzled.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 pm

In post 138, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:
Bumfuzzled: Pro-town. I can't tell that much on their actual alignment.
CDB: Lean slight scum for 125 - You'd potentially give the gun to someone who isn't scumhunting?
Cherry nog: Pro-town... same deal as fuzzy.
HadMatter: Lean-town.
Mac: Anti-town. Yup. He's mostly channeling newb.

This is probably evidence in favour of AP being town, I feel.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 pm

I'm increasingly coming around to the idea that shooting Bumfuzzled would be a pro-town move. There are enough little indications and worries here and there that I'm wondering about them being scum plus, if they're town, it would be beneficial to have that made clear. I honestly can't decide what I make of this interaction between Mantis and Bumfuzzled, which I'm sure should probably be really telling but I don't want to force an opinion.

Think I'd prefer to shoot Juke first as a more solid scumread.
#greenshirtthursdays
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I think I like CDB for town?

But seriously, Im town. And I'm just lol'ing because you are proscribing scum-motivation to me for being too lazy to duo iso you/siv. Sure, I guess I can kind of see why you would say that, but at the same time I'm just having a laugh over here over anyone thinking Im scum after I come rolling into the thread guns blazing. Im not always obvtown, but I am right now.

Re BumFuzzled: I just kind of assumed everyone was townreading them since no one is pressuring them at all. (And you think me/Juke are scum apparently, which would mean you think hes more likely town than not). I don't like their very careful explanations of the scumhunting they are doing (Oh, we divvied up this person's meta and after doing that decided she was town!) They feel a bit self-aware and I think their Juke read is really dubious. In fact, they listed Juke as their 2nd best pick for town and then gave more explanation for why he is scummy than they did for his townieness.

P-edit: Im definitely town. I don't like Siv mentioning Bumfuzzled first, just to sit on the fence about them in that post.

P-P-edit: Ok, I think CDB is solidifying into prob-town. (Probably because you share my reads :P)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm

In a game stalling hard for activity, I'd absolutely have come into the thread all guns blazing, bussing my struggling partner, if I were in your position. But there's enough to make me think twice for now, that's all.
#greenshirtthursdays
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Just trust me :wink: (unless you are scum).

To be 100% honest, I would have tunneled on Hatter if I were scum. Perfect scum strat. He never gets killed. I can keep howling about how hes scum and no one believes me. (Yes, I thought about what I would do if I replaced in to a scumslot before seeing my card).

Speaking of activity, I thought it was also scummy of Juke to suggest that I am a distraction when Im really one of the few people generating content at the moment at all. I mean, what should I do, lurk my ass off like he is? Half of his posts are arguing with me because I called him out. The other half are wishy washy reads that he takes back a lot and a plan that doesn't actually do anything.
Juke
Juke
Townie
Juke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Juke »

In post 340, AngryPidgeon wrote:(Yes, I thought about what I would do if I replaced in to a scumslot before seeing my card).

...except you had a townread on Mac, I thought?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I actually didn't know what slot I was replacing into until I got the PM. I saw Jal say that she was prodding literally everyone and I PM'd preemptively and said Id take a spot if she had one. (Because I like Jal and the setup is kind of neat).
Juke
Juke
Townie
Juke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Juke »

Ah, okay.
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Limo »

Think AP should be an easier read than Mac's slot right now. Just posting this to avoid the force replace, I'll look at his posts after addressing other games.
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Limo »

Than Mac*, the slot's the same.
Cherry Nog
Cherry Nog
Goon
Cherry Nog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by Cherry Nog »

In post 321, Juke wrote:Cheery/N, I request that you shoot AP. If they're scum, they die, and if they're town, they'll shoot me and die, therefore no longer being a distraction.

Who do you think his partner is then?
Limo
Limo
Goon
Limo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by Limo »

In post 337, ChannelDelibird wrote:I'm increasingly coming around to the idea that shooting Bumfuzzled would be a pro-town move.

This.
Although ironically, with all the hoopla and doubts about CDB's alignment, I think I stashed CDB away as town because I agreed with a lot of the points he made.

I'm liking AP more as town right now, but I'm curious as to the specifics behind his HM read.
Cherry Nog
Cherry Nog
Goon
Cherry Nog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by Cherry Nog »

In post 330, Cherry Nog wrote:
In post 321, Juke wrote:
Cheery/N, I request that you shoot AP. If they're scum, they die, and if they're town, they'll shoot me and die, therefore no longer being a distraction.

Yeah that's not going to happen.
I'll tell you what though, if you happen to be town after we shoot you, you can shoot him all you want.

I dunno, AP's not a bad shot. I actually think he could be scum with Juke. I don't know who CDB could be partnered with, though.
Cherry Nog
Cherry Nog
Goon
Cherry Nog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by Cherry Nog »

So my main three suspects at the moment are CDB, Juke and AP.

My experience with CDB is saying that we should keep an eye on him because he had no opinions of his own and was parroting others. He then shot me that night. I know this is from a while ago now, but I remember it well because it was my first game. Several parts of his play in this game do fit in with that, most recently his plan to shoot Regfan, something no one had seriously suggested until AP replaced in.

My argument with Juke a couple of pages ago made me more confident he was scum, because there was absolutely no push-back from him. I was being purposely antagonistic toward him and he just kept meekly trying to change the subject. Personally, if I were in his position, I would have told myself to sit down and shut up. I was doing a similar thing to HM earlier (admittedly, before we were confirmed town), and he shot me down nicely.

AP replaced into an already-suspected slot and immediately pushed for me to shoot Juke, which is something I'd been pretty obvious about wanting to do. The rest of his read, however, do not match up with mine whatsoever. His argument with Juke could very well be distancing.

Return to “Completed Open Games”