Newbie Mafia 17 - GAME OVER -

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:52 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Yaw wrote: I agree with gslamm that it is odd that Jaguar would jump to his defense.
I, in the post above the one just quoted, wrote: I wasn't defending you, I was accusing Morpheus
I have no opinion of gslamm here and other than Stimpy and Morpheus putting second votes on people, I have no reason to find one person more suspicious than another. As such, please don't interpret my vote on Morpheus as defending gslamm. He could be scum or pro-town, I just don't know.

As for gslamm's disappearing post, I can understand the confusion that may have caused on his part, but rest assured, without further evidence, I would not have put the third vote on Morpheus if gslamm's post would have made it on the thread.

*Rereads post and realizes it rambles on a bit*

And no, Yaw, you are not the only "weekend-here" person here. :wink: I've been following the threads, but the lack of pace here over the weekend was a bit disappointing.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:06 am

Post by gslamm »

Unvote: Jag
as I'm satisfied with the given explanation.

I'm really interested now in getting a handle on where Stimpy is coming from. Maybe some complete sentences strung together, would give me an idea. Something along the lines of "I find <name> suspicious because <reason>".

vote: Stimpy
'cause I really don't want to have to address this later in the game.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:09 am

Post by mathcam »

Sigh. Stimpy, I know you're capable of english. I see what you're slaying, gslamm, but still....

FOS: gslamm
for pushing a really-easy-to-push bandwagon.

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:10 am

Post by Yaw »

Jaguar: I saw your post on the preview with respect to the defending gslamm/accusing Morpheus issue before posting, and debated changing my wording. I decided against it because accusing Morpheus had the effect of also defending gslamm. The question in my mind is which end was really the intent of the post -- if defending gslamm was a by-product of the argument, or the cause of it. I'll let it slide for now, as I could see reasons for what you did from both a town and a scum perspective. (That is, I can't tell one way or the other right now.)

I'm not going near the Stimpy-wagon until either a cop fingers him or he posts enough that I can evaluate whether or not he's scummy. I can't tell much of anything from three short posts. I will ask this, though -- could you explain the reason for your FOS on me, Stimpy? It's not because it's pointing at me that I ask, it's that I like to have explanations for FOSes in general.

Flying Dutchman is really flying low -- hasn't posted in this game in over three days, and has posted elsewhere on the board in the interim. What gives?
Stimpy
Stimpy
Townie
Stimpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:35 pm

Post by Stimpy »

hey .. sorry guys ... theres been a flood in the district i live and we had to stay in our homes - only have net access at work D:

anyway..

Yaw - my FoS was directed at you because you were hostile towards me.

unFoS: Yaw
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:18 pm

Post by Yaw »

Sorry to hear about the flood, Stimpy. :( Hope there was minimal impact on health and property in your area, and that everything will be back to normal soon...(although by your post I assume you're able to get to work now, which is positive).

And now for normal game conversation...
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:58 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote Count

Gslamm (1): Yaw
Jaguar (1): Mathcam
Morpheus (1): Jaguar
Stimpy (1): Gslamm
Yaw (1): Flying Dutchman

Not Voting: Morpheus, Stimpy

4 Votes to Lynch
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:14 am

Post by mathcam »

My suspicions:

Stimpy - Much more active and coherent in this game than in hsi others. Because he's mafia? Maybe.
Gslamm - Put the easy vote on Stimpy, perhaps figuring that his was the easiest banddwagon to start.
Gslamm - Put a second vote on Jaguar for a reason that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Morphus - The second vote on Yaw and then the quick unvote.

All in all, this leaves my best bet at

Unvote: Jaguar, Vote: Gslamm

Cam
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:13 am

Post by Jaguar »

Gslamm, I think it is time for a defense. The arguments that Mathcam put up are good enough for me to put a
FOS (Finger of Suspicion)
in your direction. I don't want to put the third vote on at this moment, but I will if I don't see anything that would indicate I shouldn't vote for you.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:11 am

Post by gslamm »

Mathcam wrote: Gslamm - Put the easy vote on Stimpy, perhaps figuring that his was the easiest banddwagon to start.
Gslamm - Put a second vote on Jaguar for a reason that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
This is what I have to defend? Geez, thats weak. Putting the first vote on someone is not starting a bandwagon. How would it be an
easy
bandwagon? Whats wrong with bandwagonning in the first place? I want some coherent text from Stimpy to work with when I'm trying to decide who is scum.

The reason for my vote on Jag was well explained and Jag and Yaw have both indicated that it made sense. I have since removed this vote due to Jag's explanation.

I'm wondering now why you're being so defensive of Stimpy, and why you are manufacturing flimsy attacks on me. It looks like a
Huge Fos : Mathcam
is in order. The most experienced mafia player attacking his most experienced adversary while defending his newbie cohort?! Certainly a possibility...
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:20 am

Post by Yaw »

I concur with wanting a real defense from gslamm, mostly for Mathcam's second reason (which I pointed out before). I just can't figure out why a townie would be that aggressive towards someone defending him, especially since it wasn't even a direct defense. I can think of several reasons why a scum would do that, though, whether Jaguar were also scum or not.

My other suspicions are:

Flying Dutchman: Had the second post of the game, nothing since, although he has been around this site. It's been four days, why the disappearance?

Morpheus: Second vote on gslamm (not Morpheus), and quick unvote...then nothing. That one's been three days since the last contribution to this game, and I think he's been around too.

Mod - are Flying Dutchman and Morpheus still playing? I don't want a lynch until I can get a confirmation about if they're lurking or not.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:23 am

Post by Yaw »

Double-posting to add:
gslamm wrote:The reason for my vote on Jag was well explained and Jag and Yaw have both indicated that it made sense. I have since removed this vote due to Jag's explanation.
No, it wasn't. What was well-explained was Jaguar's behaviour. What you haven't explained yet, and dodged in your last post, was
your
reaction to Jaguar's behaviour. I still want to hear an explanation about that.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:31 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

They should be here shortly
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:37 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Yaw wrote: My other suspicions are:

Flying Dutchman: Had the second post of the game, nothing since, although he has been around this site. It's been four days, why the disappearance?
Well, to tell you the truth......

I forgot I was in a newbie game :oops:

Well, my fews:

The two most experienced players are throwing mud to each other, but I don't know what to think of it yet. I think Jaguar is actually the most suspicious at the moment, as he is posting, but just agreeing with accusations and not saying anything new.

Unvote: Yaw

Vote: Jaguar
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:57 am

Post by Morpheus »

FOS gslamm
Sorry I haven't been posting much in any of my games (i got to start putting my thoughts out in the open) Well, Gslamm seems to be voting/Fosing anyone who is defending someone. Well, I have this to say. People aren't efending people because they're mafia buddies or trying to get on a townies good side. They do it to show that they don't think this one person is scum and they are telling you why. Besides there has never been a game where someone needs to defend himself and others support him. It has nothing to do with being scum.
Yeah..
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:15 am

Post by mathcam »

Putting the first vote on someone is not starting a bandwagon. How would it be an easy bandwagon? Whats wrong with bandwagonning in the first place?
Well, nothing really, except that the mafia loves an easy bandwagon. A townie would be more prone to think "If Stimpy's the cop, I'd better not bandwagon him," where as a mafia would be more prone to think "I'll try to get people to rally behind Stimpy, and if he claims doc, I'll just unvote." At least in my opinion anyway.

Cam
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:43 am

Post by gslamm »

I lost another post here!!!

Basically it said: Lets try to be realistic even in newbie games. While I enjoy a good 'Macro's Post' like everybody else, posting nothing but gibberish is the same as lurking, only more annoying. From my point of view Stimpy is twice as likely to be mafia as he is to be either the cop or the doc. It's equally likely he's a townie, but how can we know without a little conversation?

Unvote: Stimpy
Since I'm tired of being accused of pushing a lynch for being the only one voting for him [~mutters~] Sheesh [/~mutters~]
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:22 am

Post by Yaw »

Ok, read over the thread again. Note to self -- original Morpheus vote was for gslamm, not
me
. Why I stated that Mathcam mistook his first vote as being for himself I'll never know. I'll also make a note to myself that I shouldn't be so anal about irrelevant details in the future. :)

I still want to hear an explanation of gslamm's reaction to Jaguar's vote on Morpheus. Reading over the thread again, I'm seeing this as less scummy on the part of Jaguar, which makes the reaction to it by voting stranger in my mind.

Regarding Stimpy -- Mathcam starts out by bringing up the issue of Stimpy's play in past games, then states he spoke with Stimpy and expects he will play better in this game. Then Cam jumps on gslamm for voting for Stimpy due to posting style, even though Stimpy has been better in this game. So far, so good. But then we get this:
Mathcam wrote:Stimpy - Much more active and coherent in this game than in hsi others. Because he's mafia? Maybe.
Excuse me? Stimpy's played in two prior games, in one of which he was scum. His being scum did not influence his coherency in past games, why would it do so here? The logical explanation for Stimpy being better in this game is Cam's chat with him after Newbie 12. So now that Cam urged Stimpy to be more coherent, and Stimpy responded, he's scum because of it? Something's very strange and inconsistent here.

(Incidentally, I do find Stimpy suspicious on the second reading, but that's because of his vote on me being for
personal reasons
, rather than because he suspected me of being scum. It has nothing to do with his coherency. I also don't find him as suspicious at the moment as gslamm, who I see becoming increasingly erratic.)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:42 am

Post by mathcam »

Hm, I forgot Stimpy was in Newbie 7, actually. When I had said the line you're now quoting, I was thinking that we only had one sample of his game play.

Erratic is a good word for glsamm's behavior. I'm somewhat puzzled by it.

Cam
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:54 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

So am I, but I just have a feeling he's innocent, in some strange way :?
Stimpy
Stimpy
Townie
Stimpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:42 pm

Post by Stimpy »

whoa ..

i'm harmless ... your overdoing it ;)
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:28 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote Count

Gslamm (2): Mathcam , Yaw
Jaguar (1): Flying Dutchman
Morpheus (1): Jaguar

Not Voting: Gslamm, Morpheus, Stimpy

4 Votes to Lynch
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:50 am

Post by mathcam »

Note to self: FD thinks gslamm is innocent. Interesting.

I guess we need votes from the 3 non-voters, or an explanation of why they're not voting. I still like my vote where it is right now.

Cam
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:54 am

Post by Jaguar »

Since my FOS ond threat to move to gslamm didn't have any result, I will carry through and
vote: Gslamm
. We didn't get a real defence from him. Maybe putting him one vote away from a lynch will get the ball rolling.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:55 am

Post by Jaguar »

Ooops. :oops:
unvote: Morpheus
and