NY 162: A Week at the Theatres (Game Over)

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Oversoul »

Post later today
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

It's weekend, but I plan to stay semi-connected to a computer.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Sixteen players and 3 posts by 3 players today? C'mon peeps, get in here.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:28 am

Post by ActionDan »

hey guuuuuys.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Lynch Zoneace. That is all. Good luck guys.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Oh deadline is today. Hmmm
or something like that....
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Wait seriously?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Please lynch Zone.

I will try to be back before deadline to explain my positions and everything but real life has caught up with me and I am designing a game right now.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I don't normally pay attention to deadlines.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zoneace

Since I know that a zephyr lynch ends with a town flip this seems like the better choice...
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

MrZepher wrote:I don't normally pay attention to deadlines.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zoneace

Since I know that a zephyr lynch ends with a town flip this seems like the better choice...

You explained your positions, they were terrible.

In post 957, Oversoul wrote:Please lynch Zone.

I will try to be back before deadline to explain my positions and everything but real life has caught up with me and I am designing a game right now.

See, I wasn't in favor of lynching you, but now, in an effort of self defense I have to.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Zepher
Late twenties, early Thursdays
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

MrZepher - 6 [L-2] JacobSavage, Human Destroyer, Bacde, roflcoper, Nobody Special, ZONEACE
ZONEACE- 5 [L-3] Oversoul, petapan, Konowa, Kingdom Aces, Zepher
Nobody Special - 1 [L-7] ActionDan
Dramonic - 1 [L-7] PeregrineV
Oversoul- 1 [L-7] wind-up

There's the current VC
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by ActionDan »

when is deadline actually over. I was going to go play some poker but if it's within the day I'll be reading
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

49 hours ago, Matt said 1 day, 13 hours. So it seems like it's passed.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

In post 962, ZONEACE wrote:49 hours ago, Matt said 1 day, 13 hours. So it seems like it's passed.

oh, no, that's a countdown (this site can do countdowns in posts now???)

So its 37 hours till the deadline.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by ActionDan »

ok ok. then I'll get to this in like ~5 hours
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Smashbard »

I have a bad feeling all of our day phases are going to end the same way. Town divided. Nobody clear on who really is scum, or at least, nobody capable of giving reasons that actually change opinions unless we're 2 days from deadline and a lynch HAS to go through. Not looking good for us at all folks.

That's ok, once I'm dead then you guys can lynch Zoneace as my dying wish.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

In post 965, Smashbard wrote:
That's ok, once I'm dead then you guys can lynch Zoneace as my dying wish.

man are you really gonna feel dumb when that happens.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 867, wind-up wrote:I don't think I've ever read anything containing as much bullshit as Oversoul's #865 does. Christ almighty.

In post 868, wind-up wrote:And no, you don't get to know who I'm an alt of. That would defeat the purpose.

In post 869, wind-up wrote:Oversoul, you are so clearly starting with the conclusion that ZONEACE is scum and working backwards instead of reading his posts and then coming to the conclusion that he's scum.

Just because you agree with the reasoning does not mean that my reasoning is incorrect. I see that we are approaching from two different ideological fronts and I should explain to clarify.

There are two ways to approach evidence and hypothesis building in my opinion - deductive reasoning and inductive reasoning.
Deductive reasoning starts with a hypothesis (scum or town) and then looks at the case (player).
Inductive reasoning starts with the case (player) and then looks at the hypothesis (scum or town).

While it appears that I may be biased in my case, I created it to be the most clear cut way to present the information. I didn't include any doubts that I personally had because that could give scum leverage to either stop a lynch or influence other people's opinions and overall create an atmosphere of uncertainty that we don't need as town right now.

I did not go into making the case without examining the actions of others first. I read over the thread and picked out specific players based on their posts. I then read over them individually and concluded that Zone was the best person to investigate first based on his angrier style of play. I know that some players have a naturally prickly side to them, but I wanted to determine if that was in Zone's nature or if this was motivated by some other factor.

I looked over his posts without thinking that all this meant was conclusively scum. I looked at his posts holistically and determined from his posts that he was most likely scum. I used inductive reasoning in EXAMINING Zone but I do admit that it is slightly deductive in PRESENTING Zone. However, that does not discredit my case because I did follow inductive reasoning to come to the conclusion that Zone is scum.

While the points may be more "out there" I still feel they hold merit. From my experience, analyzing the motivations of players serves as the best indicator of whether or not someone is scum. That is what I did with Zone.

I appreciate discrediting my case and I by calling it bullshit without ever explaining why.

Why exactly are you even playing this game? Typically as an alt, people create them to test out a new playstyle, or they are bored and want to have fun with a post restriction, or they want escape old meta. For whichever reason, though, alts are typically not announced as alts and only announced as alts. If you wanted to escape a meta, why announce you are an alt? If you wanted to test a new playstyle, why announce you are an alt and taint people's view of that playstyle? If you are bored and wanted an alt, why not reveal your original account?

Not only is withholding your original account's name disrespectful and against the spirit of the game, but it is also anti-town. Are you familiar with UberNinja's play as DJ-PON3 in the most recent My Little Pony Large Theme? Knowing a player is sometimes crucial to examining their actions.

I also suggest that you read this thread before continuing to post so you realize the implications of your actions.

In post 870, ZONEACE wrote:So OS, I'm suspicious because I'm snarky? Almost every point you raise against me is in response to a post where I was being a sarcastic bitch.

I hate to break it to you Hun but that's just my personality, so at best it's a null tell.

Re: the "role fishing"

No. I was information fishing. NS drops this multi-ball suggestion with absolutely nothing to back it up. I was trying to get him to provide a context for his hunch. It was pretty clearly protown behavior.

Also any attempt to read me and make a case based on current site meta is pointless. This is my first Large Normal in probably at least 5 years and my first non-marathon game (that I didn't flake on) in 3ish

Predit. Wind-up's response is fairly concise.

So your personality is to be abrasive, divisive, and largely aggrevate other players? I guess I could always vote you using your own cop out logic "I don't care if you are town or scum, your actions determine that you must go". :roll:

While it may be in your opinion a "clearly protown behavior" it wasn't. I guess you might be right that my case does not apply to you based on current site meta, but "caught for the wrong reasons" certainly does.

In post 871, wind-up wrote:VOTE: Oversoul

NB: I don't think ZONEACE is necessarily town, though.

Okay.

I plead you all to vote Zone.
Nothing that he has brought up disproves my assertions.
Zepher can be dealt with tomorrow once more information is available.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by wind-up »

In post 967, Oversoul wrote:Why exactly are you even playing this game? Typically as an alt, people create them to test out a new playstyle, or they are bored and want to have fun with a post restriction, or they want escape old meta. For whichever reason, though, alts are typically not announced as alts and only announced as alts. If you wanted to escape a meta, why announce you are an alt? If you wanted to test a new playstyle, why announce you are an alt and taint people's view of that playstyle? If you are bored and wanted an alt, why not reveal your original account?

1) I am escaping my meta. Announcing I am an alt doesn't mean you know my meta. Announcing the name of my main would mean you know my meta.
2) I am testing out a new playstyle. Announcing I am an alt doesn't taint people's view of that playstyle. A bad playstyle taints people's view of that playstyle.
3) Why not reveal my original account? Because I am enjoying escaping my meta, and I am enjoying testing out a new playstyle.

I joined this game because I wanted to. Originally, I did not realise the mod's experience requirements would mean that people would know I was an alt. But I was fine with people knowing, anyway. Makes no difference.
Staying put means giving up.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by wind-up »

In post 967, Oversoul wrote:Just because you agree with the reasoning does not mean that my reasoning is incorrect.

I did not say this at any point whatsoever, assuming you meant 'disagree'.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Post by wind-up »

Your case does not analyse ZONEACE's motivations. It starts off assuming ZONEACE is scum, and then it is a bunch of information instead of analysis with extra adjectives.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by wind-up »

UNVOTE: Oversoul
VOTE: ActionDan
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 968, wind-up wrote:
In post 967, Oversoul wrote:Why exactly are you even playing this game? Typically as an alt, people create them to test out a new playstyle, or they are bored and want to have fun with a post restriction, or they want escape old meta. For whichever reason, though, alts are typically not announced as alts and only announced as alts. If you wanted to escape a meta, why announce you are an alt? If you wanted to test a new playstyle, why announce you are an alt and taint people's view of that playstyle? If you are bored and wanted an alt, why not reveal your original account?

1) I am escaping my meta. Announcing I am an alt doesn't mean you know my meta. Announcing the name of my main would mean you know my meta.
2) I am testing out a new playstyle. Announcing I am an alt doesn't taint people's view of that playstyle. A bad playstyle taints people's view of that playstyle.
3) Why not reveal my original account? Because I am enjoying escaping my meta, and I am enjoying testing out a new playstyle.

I joined this game because I wanted to. Originally, I did not realise the mod's experience requirements would mean that people would know I was an alt. But I was fine with people knowing, anyway. Makes no difference.

Just a quick post before I begin the long drive home.

Announcing that you are an alt taints the view of your meta because people now KNOW that you have experience playing the game and will judge your actions differently. They will be paranoid about the legitimacy of your actions.
Announcing that you are an alt ties you to meta of your previous account because people will want to know WHY you are escaping it.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by wind-up »

In post 972, Oversoul wrote:Announcing that you are an alt taints the view of your meta because people now KNOW that you have experience playing the game and will judge your actions differently. They will be paranoid about the legitimacy of your actions.
Announcing that you are an alt ties you to meta of your previous account because people will want to know WHY you are escaping it.

People have known I am an alt from the start. I am clearly not a newbie; people have known I have experience playing the game from my first post. Nobody is paranoid about the 'legitimacy' of my actions.

I am escaping the meta of my previous account because I'm deliberately changing my playstyle. My meta will be of no use to anyone because I have never played like this before.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by MrZepher »

The fact that he's an alt is irrelevant in terms of whether he's town or not.
That's information that exists outside of this game and doesn't give us much in terms of his motivation since there's no existing meta for him.

The latter half of this page is kind of trash can discussion because of that.
That's my opinion.

Wind-up what's with the vote change? I honestly haven't read through your whole thing with Oversoul yet so if you pointed it out there, my bad.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”